Forums/Armchair-GM

75 goal differential offseason

Créé par: jonh514
Équipe: 2024-25 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 15 avr. 2024
Publié: 15 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The Habs focus this offseason should be deploying their cap space to ensure they have a major swing in Goal Differential. I think about 75 goals towards the positive IS possible between player growth, health, trades, and UFA acquisitions.

I am not very excited by the draft this season unless the Habs have a top 2 pick, I don't really expect the player to help this team for at least 3-4 years and I don't have the appetite to wait that long.

The Habs have something special going on right now. It's hard to see based on the results, but the number of 1 goal games is incredible. Just a little more scoring and defence and this team is in the playoffs. They DO have the cap space to acquire good veterans who can help the players we already have to do it by committee. 40-50 goal scorers is fun for the fans and for ticket sales, but there's nothing more important than good organizational depth if you want to win.

The Habs need to target 2 top 7 forwards this offseason who can play an excellent 2-way game right away next season and the team will be a force to be reckoned with.

We all want to discover "the next superstar". But the idea of "new" players working out for a team... is typically to manage the cap. The Habs don't actually have that problem. They have the other problem. The problem where while the new guys take their time developing, we are squandering important years of the Elite talent they have today in Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf, Matheson, and Guhle.

It's time for this team to take a big swing. We cannot build endlessly... or we will risk becoming the next Buffalo Sabres.

Monahan IS better than Lindholm right now and his value on the market is still lower because of his injury history.

Stephenson is like Danault. He's one of the best and most underrated defensive forwards in the league.

With a little luck on the health side, this team is different enough to make the playoffs... Believe it!
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 400 000 $
21 400 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
56 000 000 $
56 000 000 $
Transactions
MTL
SJS
  1. Anderson, Josh
  2. Evans, Jake
  3. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (SJS)
  4. Choix de 7e ronde en 2024 (EDM)
  5. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (VAN)
  6. Choix de 1e ronde en 2026 (MTL)
Détails additionnels:
Get Anderson gone ASAP

He needs a fresh start.
MTL
ANA
  1. Kovacevic, Johnathan
Détails additionnels:
Anywhere for best offer
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de WPG
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MIN
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de WSH
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de PIT
Logo de MTL
Logo de NJD
Logo de MTL
Logo de DET
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2387 500 000 $76 622 083 $1 022 500 $4 727 500 $10 877 917 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 7
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 6
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 2
835 000 $835 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
812 500 $812 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
G
UFA - 3
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
DG
RFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
890 000 $890 000 $
G
RFA - 1
867 500 $867 500 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
DG
RFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG/DD
RFA
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
15 avr. à 8 h 38
Matt1567
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 238
there's no need to move that many picks to dump anderson when Montreal can still afford him after the moves you made
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 8 h 42
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,563
I was expecting something dramatic to affect the game by almost 1 goal a game (75 goals)

This....isn't that
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 8 h 51
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,054
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
I was expecting something dramatic to affect the game by almost 1 goal a game (75 goals)

This....isn't that

Not + 75 goals. + 40 goals for and - 35 goals against...
15 avr. à 8 h 57
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,998
This is how you end up like the Ottawa Senators... Stephenson and Monahan would just clog roster spots for the young guys, stunting their growth and giving you no depth up the pipeline with multiple contracts that aren't very good (Monahan, Armia, Gallagher, etc.)

And before you say otherwise; the Habs aren't going to scratch their 6.5 million dollar signing that still has term IMO
15 avr. à 9 h 27
Quoting: jonh514
Not + 75 goals. + 40 goals for and - 35 goals against...

I'm aware. That's a 75 goal difference
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 9 h 42
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 125
Impatient MTL fans... They will keep Anderson. He’ll be in the right chair next year and should provide some goals on the 3rd line. Ideally, you don’t trade a 1st pick a year in advance even when you are a contender. When you’ve been at the bottom of the standings for 2 years there is no good reason to trade a pick 2 years in advance.
15 avr. à 9 h 50
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: Leafsfan98
This is how you end up like the Ottawa Senators... Stephenson and Monahan would just clog roster spots for the young guys, stunting their growth and giving you no depth up the pipeline with multiple contracts that aren't very good (Monahan, Armia, Gallagher, etc.)

And before you say otherwise; the Habs aren't going to scratch their 6.5 million dollar signing that still has term IMO

So you know I respect your opinions, but in this case I have to disagree.

I think fans of other teams which are having success are constantly trying to recreate their team's vision when looking at the Habs.

I disagree that this makes us the Sens. I think rather that it makes us closer to the Canes, the Caps, or maybe the Blues when they were having success.
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 9 h 53
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: Jobob77
Impatient MTL fans... They will keep Anderson. He’ll be in the right chair next year and should provide some goals on the 3rd line. Ideally, you don’t trade a 1st pick a year in advance even when you are a contender. When you’ve been at the bottom of the standings for 2 years there is no good reason to trade a pick 2 years in advance.

Up until now he hasn't been a problem, but now he is becoming one since he is propagating a stigma against mental health support within the team.

If he wants to stay he needs to suck it up and work with the team's therapist on his performance issues.

He needs to adapt or die. If he insists on behaving like a remnant of a time gone by, I don't want him on my team.
15 avr. à 10 h 2
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
I'm aware. That's a 75 goal difference

I mean. You can gainsay my ideas if you'd like, clearly what your Sabres are doing is not working as well.

I think teams that build only through analytics or youth movements are not having success in this league. I want the Habs to continue to think differently and strike a balance between youth (which I personally feel they have enough of) and experienced vets who know how to play a 2-way game and are mentally tough.
15 avr. à 10 h 4
I mean. You can gainsay my ideas if you'd like, clearly what your Sabres are doing is not working as well.

I think teams that build only through analytics or youth movements are not having success in this league. I want the Habs to continue to think differently and strike a balance between youth (which I personally feel they have enough of) and experienced vets who know how to play a 2-way game and are mentally tough.

All I said was that I don't think you did enough to make up almost a goal a game difference.

Not sure what the sabres have to do with that
15 avr. à 10 h 14
Leafs going to Leafs
So you know I respect your opinions, but in this case I have to disagree.

I think fans of other teams which are having success are constantly trying to recreate their team's vision when looking at the Habs.

I disagree that this makes us the Sens. I think rather that it makes us closer to the Canes, the Caps, or maybe the Blues when they were having success.

I respect yours a lot more than the average fan lol but that's what makes us different...

As for my points... I just feel that having such a young core with players in that stage where they are just about to turn pro is not the best time to have vets

Looking at Carolina, they let Necas, Jarvis, Aho, Svech, Teuvo, Pesce and Slavin settle into their roles and get the looks before bringing in the vets... The Caps just had an abundance of vets leave, making room for the McMicheals of the world to fill in as well...

The Sens, meanwhile, were in the situation the Habs are in 4 years ago and decided to fill with vets... limiting the amount of roster spots available for their guys (Branny, JBD, Thompson and even Soogard) that could make a bigger impact for their team right now...

The Habs have such bright future with Mesar, Beck, Hutson, Reinbacher, Slaf's still young, Roy, Guhle, Stubble, Mailloux, etc. No need to sign Monahan to 6x5 and force one more of these guys out of the lineup for the next 5 years...
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 10 h 14
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Modifié 15 avr. à 10 h 26
All I said was that I don't think you did enough to make up almost a goal a game difference.

Not sure what the sabres have to do with that

Alright. Maybe I'm a bit prickly. I apologize.

The Habs have not had a 2nd line for the entire season. When Monahan was on the team, Newhook and Dach were out. When Newhook was on the team, Monahan was traded and Dach was out.

You don't believe a full season of Monahan, Stephenson, Dach, Newhook & Roy playing can account for 75 goals better than (One of Monahan or Newhook) plus Evans playing 2 lines up in the lineup, Anderson, Pearson, & (One of Ylonen or Pezzetta)?

Pezzetta, Ylonen, and Pearson aren't even NHLers by all rights and Anderson has been just awful this season.
15 avr. à 10 h 18
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 125
Up until now he hasn't been a problem, but now he is becoming one since he is propagating a stigma against mental health support within the team.

If he wants to stay he needs to suck it up and work with the team's therapist on his performance issues.

He needs to adapt or die. If he insists on behaving like a remnant of a time gone by, I don't want him on my team.

Can’t force anyone to seek help and see a therapist. You are exaggerating with the stigma around mental health. He can make his choices without influencing his teamates. Let him a year to bounce back in a chair that fit him well.
15 avr. à 10 h 24
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
I respect yours a lot more than the average fan lol but that's what makes us different...

As for my points... I just feel that having such a young core with players in that stage where they are just about to turn pro is not the best time to have vets

Looking at Carolina, they let Necas, Jarvis, Aho, Svech, Teuvo, Pesce and Slavin settle into their roles and get the looks before bringing in the vets... The Caps just had an abundance of vets leave, making room for the McMicheals of the world to fill in as well...

The Sens, meanwhile, were in the situation the Habs are in 4 years ago and decided to fill with vets... limiting the amount of roster spots available for their guys (Branny, JBD, Thompson and even Soogard) that could make a bigger impact for their team right now...

The Habs have such bright future with Mesar, Beck, Hutson, Reinbacher, Slaf's still young, Roy, Guhle, Stubble, Mailloux, etc. No need to sign Monahan to 6x5 and force one more of these guys out of the lineup for the next 5 years...

Teams that play lots of youth don't work. Name me one that has? Every team that wins with young stars has an incredible core of vets helping them.

I really think fans on this site underestimate Stephenson and Monahan. Stephenson never gets the spotlight in Vegas but he has been so important to that team's success just like Danault was to the Habs in the cup final run. The Leafs should grab him if they can because he is what they need more than scoring.

Monahan... I am just comparing him to Lindholm here... He's really been lights out for the past 2 years. Yes he got injured again last year, but it had nothing to do with his hips. His hips are fine now. Honestly, why do I even care if he does get injured, he only hits the cap if he's playing.

Comparatively Lindholm, who fans value more, has been showing a steep decline. I'm sure he'll probably bounce back, but the idea that I can sign Monahan for less than Lindholm is exciting. He's gonna get less money than he's worth and it might as well be playing for my Habs.
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 10 h 26
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: Jobob77
Can’t force anyone to seek help and see a therapist. You are exaggerating with the stigma around mental health. He can make his choices without influencing his teamates. Let him a year to bounce back in a chair that fit him well.

He doesn't even crash or bang anymore. He's so bad. Terrible example for the kids. I don't understand what you think he's gonna do on the 3rd line that he didn't do on the 2nd and 1st.
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 10 h 35
Leafs going to Leafs
Teams that play lots of youth don't work. Name me one that has? Every team that wins with young stars has an incredible core of vets helping them.

I really think fans on this site underestimate Stephenson and Monahan. Stephenson never gets the spotlight in Vegas but he has been so important to that team's success just like Danault was to the Habs in the cup final run. The Leafs should grab him if they can because he is what they need more than scoring.

Monahan... I am just comparing him to Lindholm here... He's really been lights out for the past 2 years. Yes he got injured again last year, but it had nothing to do with his hips. His hips are fine now. Honestly, why do I even care if he does get injured, he only hits the cap if he's playing.

Comparatively Lindholm, who fans value more, has been showing a steep decline. I'm sure he'll probably bounce back, but the idea that I can sign Monahan for less than Lindholm is exciting. He's gonna get less money than he's worth and it might as well be playing for my Habs.

Carolina, Colorado, Tampa Bay

Both players are important, I'm sure all 32 teams would upgrade significantly by adding those 2, I'd just rather see MTL get 2-3 more prospect up before adding to the collection of vets they already have

And Lindholm's a hard avoid as a Leafs fan, but knowing Tre's ties to him, I could see a prove it deal happening.

As of the Habs, Armia leaving+Savard leaving+JA and Evans trade does that and allows MTL to add the prospects neccessary to start building and making big steps... (and a Gallagher move would allow the Habs to get 2 vets in 1 year from now...
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 10 h 39
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM

Both players are important, I'm sure all 32 teams would upgrade significantly by adding those 2, I'd just rather see MTL get 2-3 more prospect up before adding to the collection of vets they already have

And Lindholm's a hard avoid as a Leafs fan, but knowing Tre's ties to him, I could see a prove it deal happening.

As of the Habs, Armia leaving+Savard leaving+JA and Evans trade does that and allows MTL to add the prospects neccessary to start building and making big steps... (and a Gallagher move would allow the Habs to get 2 vets in 1 year from now...

I have no issue with Gallagher playing out his deal. As long as we can afford it.

I DO have a big problem with Josh Anderson playing out his deal. He's become a big distraction and everyone who plays with him has significantly worse stats. He should be in the AHL at this point.

Armia & Savard have been fantastic for the Habs. Personally, I'm re-signing Armia if he has another season next year like he's had the past 40 games of this year (since he started his work with a mental performance coach).

I don't believe in the pure youth movement. The Habs are all youth in the Blueline, especially when Savard leaves. Something has to give so we can have balance.
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 10 h 49
Leafs going to Leafs
I have no issue with Gallagher playing out his deal. As long as we can afford it.

I DO have a big problem with Josh Anderson playing out his deal. He's become a big distraction and everyone who plays with him has significantly worse stats. He should be in the AHL at this point.

Armia & Savard have been fantastic for the Habs. Personally, I'm re-signing Armia if he has another season next year like he's had the past 40 games of this year (since he started his work with a mental performance coach).

I don't believe in the pure youth movement. The Habs are all youth in the Blueline, especially when Savard leaves. Something has to give so we can have balance.

I remember saying that JA should've been traded last summer for whatever the has can get and Habs fans getting all mad at me for it...

And Gallagher's fine, it would've been more of a suggestion in case you'd rather another vet...

Overall, I think the has should dedicate 6/12 forwards on players under 22 and 4/6 defensemen under 22 and fill out the vets from there... Obviously 2/6 remaining forward spots are taken up easily... But the lines that win you cups are the young guys that have fully developed into good players
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 10 h 54
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM

When Tampa won in 2020

Palat age 29
Hedman 29
Gourde 28
Stamkos 30
Killorn 30
Coleman 28
Johnson 30
Goodrow 27
Maroon 32
McDonaugh 31
Rutta 30
L. Schenn 30

They got older when they won in 2021 especially when they added Perry (36).

Colorado I'll grant you did it with more prime aged players. But even they had Kadri, E. & J. Johnson, Helm & Manson amongst others who played a big role. I would argue Colorado is an outlier when you look at cup winners for the amount of 30+ year old players on the team.

Carolina has not won anything and so we'll have to wait and see.
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 10 h 58
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
I remember saying that JA should've been traded last summer for whatever the has can get and Habs fans getting all mad at me for it...

And Gallagher's fine, it would've been more of a suggestion in case you'd rather another vet...

Overall, I think the has should dedicate 6/12 forwards on players under 22 and 4/6 defensemen under 22 and fill out the vets from there... Obviously 2/6 remaining forward spots are taken up easily... But the lines that win you cups are the young guys that have fully developed into good players

You need Elite talent for sure. I think the Habs have some good ones in their top line and 3rd line (Newhook & Roy). I don't think the Habs need to add too much more youth. Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf, Dach, Newhook, Roy is by no means a great core on offense, but they all have something special.

I think you put vets around those guys and see what happens. Maybe trade for 1 more this year, even if you have to deal a 5OA pick.
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 11 h 19
Leafs going to Leafs
When Tampa won in 2020

Palat age 29 (Drafted by TBL)
Hedman 29 (Drafted by TBL)
Gourde 28 (Undrafted player who signed with TBL)
Stamkos 30 (Drafted by TBL)
Killorn 30 (Drafted by TBL)
Coleman 28 (Traded at TDL)
Johnson 30 (Undrfated who signed with TBL)
Goodrow 27 (Undrafted who signed with SJ, later traded to TBL)
Maroon 32 (Signed)
McDonaugh 31 (Traded for)
Rutta 30 (Undrafted who signed with TBL)
L. Schenn 30 (Signed)
Kucherov (Drafted)
Cirelli (Drafted)
Sergachev (traded for as a prospect)
Joseph (drafted)
Vasi (Drafted)
Point (Drafted)
Vergaghe (Traded for as a prospect)

They got older when they won in 2021 especially when they added Perry (36).

Colorado I'll grant you did it with more prime aged players. But even they had Kadri, E. & J. Johnson, Helm & Manson amongst others who played a big role. I would argue Colorado is an outlier when you look at cup winners for the amount of 30+ year old players on the team.

Carolina has not won anything and so we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, after multiple attempts, but a lot of those guys were drafted by Tampa... I put beside each name how Tampa acquired them and added others, Most of these are drafted prospects or undrafted prospects who signed with TBL

In 21, they added other drafted players like Colton and Foote... Perry was the following year

Colorado 21-22 roster
Rantanen (drafted)
Mackinnon (drafted)
Kadri (Traded for)
Makar (drafted)
Burakovsky (Traded for)
Landeskog (Drafted)
Teows (Snatched up via trade, but really bc of Islanders lack of cap space)
Nichuskin (Waivers)
Compher (acquired for ROR, drafted)
Newhook (Drafted)
Girard (acquired as a prospect)
Johnson (Traded for)
O'Connor (Drafted)
NAK (Signed)
Byram (Drafted)
Helm (Signed)
Jost (Traded for)
JJ (Traded for)
Manson (Traded for)
Kuemper (Traded for)
Francouz (Drafted)

A little more diverse, but still a ton of draft players coming up the system...
15 avr. à 11 h 21
Leafs going to Leafs
You need Elite talent for sure. I think the Habs have some good ones in their top line and 3rd line (Newhook & Roy). I don't think the Habs need to add too much more youth. Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf, Dach, Newhook, Roy is by no means a great core on offense, but they all have something special.

I think you put vets around those guys and see what happens. Maybe trade for 1 more this year, even if you have to deal a 5OA pick.

Personally, I'd go 1 more year so you'll have Reinbacher and Hutson, deal Matheson for a little bit more wiggle room for future TDLs (as a Leaf fan, they are regretting not dealing Bozak or JVR for that little bit more right now)

And then next year is when you surround the core with vets and the prospects coming up
15 avr. à 11 h 22
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Yeah, after multiple attempts, but a lot of those guys were drafted by Tampa... I put beside each name how Tampa acquired them and added others, Most of these are drafted prospects or undrafted prospects who signed with TBL

In 21, they added other drafted players like Colton and Foote... Perry was the following year

Colorado 21-22 roster
Rantanen (drafted)
Mackinnon (drafted)
Kadri (Traded for)
Makar (drafted)
Burakovsky (Traded for)
Landeskog (Drafted)
Teows (Snatched up via trade, but really bc of Islanders lack of cap space)
Nichuskin (Waivers)
Compher (acquired for ROR, drafted)
Newhook (Drafted)
Girard (acquired as a prospect)
Johnson (Traded for)
O'Connor (Drafted)
NAK (Signed)
Byram (Drafted)
Helm (Signed)
Jost (Traded for)
JJ (Traded for)
Manson (Traded for)
Kuemper (Traded for)
Francouz (Drafted)

A little more diverse, but still a ton of draft players coming up the system...

I get that. But it's not the only way. The point is the players have to be infected with the culture. The Habs have culture in spades at this point. The team needs support and is ready to handle the responsibility of living up to those acquisitions.
15 avr. à 11 h 23
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Personally, I'd go 1 more year so you'll have Reinbacher and Hutson, deal Matheson for a little bit more wiggle room for future TDLs (as a Leaf fan, they are regretting not dealing Bozak or JVR for that little bit more right now)

And then next year is when you surround the core with vets and the prospects coming up

See that's where I disagree. I'm never moving Matheson. He's gonna play until we confuse his name with Markov.
15 avr. à 11 h 33
Leafs going to Leafs
I get that. But it's not the only way. The point is the players have to be infected with the culture. The Habs have culture in spades at this point. The team needs support and is ready to handle the responsibility of living up to those acquisitions.

They do... But it can't be an overload where the younger guys have little to no chance at making the lineup bc it's filled with vets

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage