Markstrom not happy with Conroy

Créé par: NHLfan10506
Équipe: 2023-24 Devils du New Jersey
Date de création initiale: 1 mars 2024
Publié: 1 mars 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Jacob Markstrom:

“The whole situation and everything, am I happy about that? No I’m not. And I think the whole trade situation could’ve been handled differently from up top.”

And then Pierre LeBrun…

“The Devils have informed the Flames they would be willing now to take on Markstrom without salary retention.”

So if the price was Holtz for Markstrom and some retention…does that mean price goes down? Or maybe, taken with Seravalli’s comments earlier about Hanifin nuking trades, does it mean Devils could be back in okay for the preferred combo package?

Either way, Conroy has appears to have lost his leverage here.
Transactions
NJD
  1. Hanifin, Noah
  2. Markström, Jacob
Détails additionnels:
Zero retention
CGY
  1. Bahl, Kevin
  2. DeSimone, Nick
  3. Holtz, Alexander
  4. Vanecek, Vitek
  5. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (NJD)
  6. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (NJD)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Frais appliqués
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de COL
Logo de NJD
Logo de NSH
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de DAL
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $73 948 333 $422 500 $4 632 500 $9 551 667 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
2 125 000 $2 125 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
UFA - 7
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 8
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 4
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
C
UFA - 4
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
AD, C
RFA - 1
8 800 000 $8 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 8
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 3
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
C
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Flames de Calgary
1 237 500 $1 237 500 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance3 250 000 $$3M)
DD
RFA - 3
Logo de Flames de Calgary
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance925 000 $$925K)
DG/DD
RFA - 2
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
850 833 $850 833 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
G
RFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
C
RFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
1 mars à 16 h 10
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 363
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I think the quote is straightforward. He is not happy that he wasn’t traded. Watch the video.

The leaks are definitely not coming from NJD side. If so, we would hear just as much about negotiations with NSH on Saros, with ANA on Gibson, with CBJ on Merzlikins, etc. But there has been very little on those.

He said he was unhappy with how it was handled. Falling through, being in talks to start with, being approached to waive, not being approached to waive there's a plethora of reasons as to why he could be unhappy.
1 mars à 16 h 10
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,601
Quoting: WranglerWranglin
"Up top" the people above Markstrom in a position of working through the trade and trade talks, people who leaked information from up top so on so forth. If you choose to be as narrow minded as you are, you do you girl

Galaxy brain
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
1 mars à 16 h 10
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,213
He said he was unhappy with how it was handled. Falling through, being in talks to start with, being approached to waive, not being approached to waive there's a plethora of reasons as to why he could be unhappy.

All of those fall on Calgary's front office and ownership.
1 mars à 16 h 10
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,326
Quoting: dgibb10
They don't have to trade him.

But again, 34 year old goalie, at the peak of his value.

Said value only goes down as he ages. Even if he keeps playing well more options exist for NJD in the offseason. If he gets hurt, or his play drops off, then you're stuck with an unhappy 35 year old making 6 mill that nobody will pay anything for.

In terms of trying to win, do they really wanna end up in that limbo and give up a top 15 pick to MTL? I doubt it.

Maybe they try and compete in 2026. Will markstrom even be worth 6 million then? Doubtful.

They can keep him, it would be terrible asset management tho

But the whole point of this thread is that “the GM is losing leverage” when he doesn’t have to do anything

Markstrom now and in the future is better than anything else they have in the pipeline (Wolf hasn’t impressed me) and better than any free agent probably available

His value isn’t gonna decrease lol in the off-season, he’ll be coming off Vezina nominations or he wins it
1 mars à 16 h 11
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
Galaxy brain

Better than taking the most dramatic approach and trying to run with it!
1 mars à 16 h 11
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: Rags21
But the whole point of this thread is that “the GM is losing leverage” when he doesn’t have to do anything

Markstrom now and in the future is better than anything else they have in the pipeline (Wolf hasn’t impressed me) and better than any free agent probably available

His value isn’t gonna decrease lol in the off-season, he’ll be coming off Vezina nominations or he wins it

Surely an old goalie with an expensive contract who just won a vezina would be worth a boatload in the offseason. Surely we don't have a recent example of said exact scenario happening and said goalie being traded for literally nothing
1 mars à 16 h 12
All of those fall on Calgary's front office and ownership.

Who said they didn't... this was in reply to someone again taking the most dramatic route possible and saying he's upset he wasn't traded.
1 mars à 16 h 13
Better than taking the most dramatic approach and trying to run with it!

I think he was talking about higher ups, meaning aliens. They are in the sky. If you disagree with me, you are dramatic
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
1 mars à 16 h 13
Surely an old goalie with an expensive contract who just won a vezina would be worth a boatload in the offseason. Surely we don't have a recent example of said exact scenario happening and said goalie being traded for literally nothing

But you’re making it seem like he’ll go for a lot now and nothing in the off-season

And still if they trade him, then who’s in net? I’m sure they’re trying to compete when Wolf isn’t ready and no FA will give them great numbers
1 mars à 16 h 14
I Love J Boqvist
I think he was talking about higher ups, meaning aliens. They are in the sky. If you disagree with me, you are dramatic

He didn't name Craig Conroy by name so clearly there is no way we can know what he meant.
1 mars à 16 h 15

Well now you're using up top in a literal sense of elevation so that doesn't really track either does it... Look at this! East and West New York working together to get to the wrong spot. It's a beautiful thing.
1 mars à 16 h 15
I Love J Boqvist
But you’re making it seem like he’ll go for a lot now and nothing in the off-season

And still if they trade him, then who’s in net? I’m sure they’re trying to compete when Wolf isn’t ready and no FA will give them great numbers

Again, trying to compete this year by trading away Hanifin, Tanev and Lindholm?

Or are you suggesting Calgary will try and compete next year, when, if they don't finish in the bottom 10, they lose that pick to Montreal?
1 mars à 16 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,521

Every reporter in the room interpreted it the same way.

TSN: “Markstrom says Flames’ management could have handled trade talk ‘a lot different“

“Goaltender Jacob Markstrom said Friday that Calgary Flames’ management could have handled trade talk around him leading up to the March 8 deadline “a lot different.”

I see it as straightforward. It’s not quite, “Markstrom wants out” yet, but it needs a course correction before it gets there.
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
1 mars à 16 h 22

Dan vladar and top 5 goalie prospect Dustin wolf, or a goalie NJ sends back
1 mars à 16 h 23
Every reporter in the room interpreted it the same way.

TSN: “Markstrom says Flames’ management could have handled trade talk ‘a lot different“

“Goaltender Jacob Markstrom said Friday that Calgary Flames’ management could have handled trade talk around him leading up to the March 8 deadline “a lot different.”

I see it as straightforward. It’s not quite, “Markstrom wants out” yet, but it needs a course correction before it gets there.

Conroy could have handled everything perfectly up to the 11th hour and ownership said no to retention. It's an extraordinarily vague statement.
1 mars à 16 h 24
Again, trying to compete this year by trading away Hanifin, Tanev and Lindholm?

Or are you suggesting Calgary will try and compete next year, when, if they don't finish in the bottom 10, they lose that pick to Montreal?

They were rentals who probably weren’t coming back, which is different than a Vezina goalie with term left

I mean they went 7-3 since dealing lindholm….not exactly a team that’s packing it in when they’re close to WC2
1 mars à 16 h 25
Démarrer sujet

Conroy has two players in the mix. One is going around nuking potential trade offers by saying he won’t sign there. The other is publicly saying he is unhappy with how things were handled.

Saying Conroy is losing his leverage is not a reach here. It’s a logical conclusion.

There is nothing that suggests the Devils stand to benefit from it. Only that they are the one team reportedly interested in both players.
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
1 mars à 16 h 25
Dan vladar and top 5 goalie prospect Dustin wolf, or a goalie NJ sends back

Ahhh yes top 5 goalie prospect with an .878 save %, 3.91 GAA and 1 win in 6 games this year…..lol he’s clearly ready to take over!
1 mars à 16 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Conroy could have handled everything perfectly up to the 11th hour and ownership said no to retention. It's an extraordinarily vague statement.

The retention may have been the issue. If it was, and if Devils are now saying, “we’re good either way…retention, no retention”…it’s hard to pin it on ownership.

Keep in mind, Markstrom is saying this less than a day after Conroy said they are going to keep him.
1 mars à 16 h 36
I Love J Boqvist
They were rentals who probably weren’t coming back, which is different than a Vezina goalie with term left

I mean they went 7-3 since dealing lindholm….not exactly a team that’s packing it in when they’re close to WC2

6 million dollar term is not a positive in markstroms case.

This year: Markstrom has quality value
Next year: Markstrom might have some value above his contract
Age 36 year: teams would rather have the cap space to go after one of the many free agents available
1 mars à 16 h 37
Ahhh yes top 5 goalie prospect with an .878 save %, 3.91 GAA and 1 win in 6 games this year…..lol he’s clearly ready to take over!

They are selling off the team, they aren't trying to win. I also listed 2 other people, vladar and a goalie traded back
1 mars à 16 h 38
Conroy has two players in the mix. One is going around nuking potential trade offers by saying he won’t sign there. The other is publicly saying he is unhappy with how things were handled.

Saying Conroy is losing his leverage is not a reach here. It’s a logical conclusion.

There is nothing that suggests the Devils stand to benefit from it. Only that they are the one team reportedly interested in both players.

He would be losing his leverage if Markstrom was a pendind RFA and wasn’t happy or gonna re-sign

Like I said, Conroy doesn’t have to do anything…markstrom can **** and moan and complain the rest of his contract (which reads like a locker room cancer)
1 mars à 16 h 39
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,757
Players love playing for people who treat them like crap.

Players also talk

Eric Francis is the most hated reporter in Calgary. I'm certain Buffalo has their own version of him too. He always makes controversial comments or asks "particular questions" at awful times. Friedman and Marek talked about it in ad nauseum over the last few weeks. Markstrom didn't like his name being out there. So when asked directly about it now while it's still so fresh he's obviously still bothered
1 mars à 16 h 43
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Eric Francis is the most hated reporter in Calgary. I'm certain Buffalo has their own version of him too. He always makes controversial comments or asks "particular questions" at awful times. Friedman and Marek talked about it in ad nauseum over the last few weeks. Markstrom didn't like his name being out there. So when asked directly about it now while it's still so fresh he's obviously still bothered

Markstrom was asked “do you think the trade stuff is done”

He then threw a shot at the front office.

Not like he was asked “how do you think things have been handled”
1 mars à 16 h 48
Démarrer sujet
He would be losing his leverage if Markstrom was a pendind RFA and wasn’t happy or gonna re-sign

Like I said, Conroy doesn’t have to do anything…markstrom can **** and moan and complain the rest of his contract (which reads like a locker room cancer)

Conroy can keep his unhappy 34-year old goalie with full NMC through the rebuild. If that is a win, okay.

(I think others would see it differently)

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage