Off-Season Options

Créé par: Sunny_In_STL
Équipe: 2024-25 Blues de St-Louis
Date de création initiale: 13 févr. 2024
Publié: 15 févr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
3 D-man Options that I think are possible:

1. Noah Hanifin: Big, Young, would create an elite shutdown pair with Parayko, would be expensive but is a true #1 D-man, Unlikely he will make it to FA if the Flames are smart but would be nice to have.

2. Brady Skjei: A bit older but is a solid 2-way D-man, skates well, Is on PK, and can be on PP if needed. Would be a great Top-4 D-man who would be a great partner to Parayko/Faulk depending on where Leddy plays.

3. Gustav Forsling: A very good all-around D-man who doesn’t do anything in particular that is elite but is good at everything, he would be a solid top-4 addition, a tad smaller than the other 2 but playing him with Parayko would handle that.

The Scotty P situation: Reaches Group 6 UFA Status assuming he doesn’t play tonight, very good offensively, but still struggles defensively and has MAJOR health problems. I wouldn't want him next to Faulk for the struggles he has defensively and not with Parayko due to the competition he plays against. Could he be a good player, Absolutely, but I don't think it will be in STL.

This is also an unpopular opinion on here but I would vote to keep Faulk/Krug and just don’t pair them together. Krug and Kessel look solid together and for Faulk, I’m going to assume a bounce back next year when he isn’t playing through 3 different injuries much like Parayko resurgence this season. Also giving him Leddy or a new FA signing on his pair allows for him to play more aggressively since he should be paired with a D-man who is better defensively than Krug.

Forwards are a bit more fun:
Many of the prospects are ready to go or at least need a shot to prove themselves, so that takes care of most of the holes in the line-up but, a middle/bottom 6 winger would be a great help in case they struggle. Jarnkrok would be a cheap get and fills that role but not against looking to FA market for someone similar to him.

Very Interested in how DA will improve this team with the Cap space available to him
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3950 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
2850 000 $
2950 000 $
21 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
21 250 000 $
2800 000 $
77 500 000 $
66 500 000 $
76 500 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (NYR)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de TOR
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de NYI
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2387 500 000 $84 020 595 $0 $412 500 $3 479 405 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 7
8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
AD
UFA - 7
835 833 $835 833 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 4
950 000 $950 000 $
AD, C
RFA
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance412 500 $$412K)
AG
RFA - 2
3 571 429 $3 571 429 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 6
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
G
RFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
950 000 $950 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
850 000 $850 000 $
C
RFA
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
800 000 $800 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
UFA
775 000 $775 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG
RFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
15 févr. à 13 h 59
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 248
I like the idea. I just think 2.1m for a 4th liner is too rich for us rn. Better off signing someone instead of giving up assets. Additionally, this offseason I dont think is the year to dive back into the D market and pay for another expensive D-man.
15 févr. à 14 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 6
Quoting: HolyJumpin81
I like the idea. I just think 2.1m for a 4th liner is too rich for us rn. Better off signing someone instead of giving up assets. Additionally, this offseason I dont think is the year to dive back into the D market and pay for another expensive D-man.

My Idea in this is you have the money this year to get someone with a bunch of rookie deals and there isn't anyone coming up in the next year or 2 on the defense that needs a spot. Why not go out and find a stable piece that can match up in year 3 with Lindstein and maybe another pick to truly stabilize the D-core
15 févr. à 14 h 8
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 827
Quoting: HolyJumpin81

Leafs aren’t moving Jarnkrok for a pick and he definitely is more than a 4th liner
15 févr. à 14 h 8
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,480
So wait... you want throw 20M a year for the rest of the decade at Dmen but NOT move out any of Leddy, Krug or Faulk? We literally double the size of our biggest problem as an organization. Skjei and Forsling won't cost that much, and Hanifin shouldn't.

I'll take Forsling for about two year and a million less per, and other teams can overspend on the other two.

I also have no idea how one could figure Krug-Kessel has been solid. They've statistically been a good bit worse than Krug-Faulk, which has been our #1 issue this season. A 28.6% goal share. Brutal.
15 févr. à 14 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: mokumboi
So wait... you want throw 20M a year for the rest of the decade at Dmen but NOT move out any of Leddy, Krug or Faulk? We literally double the size of our biggest problem as an organization. Skjei and Forsling won't cost that much, and Hanifin shouldn't.

I'll take Forsling for about two year and a million less per, and other teams can overspend on the other two.

I also have no idea how one could figure Krug-Kessel has been solid. They've statistically been a good bit worse than Krug-Faulk, which has been our #1 issue this season. A 28.6% goal share. Brutal.

The problem with the Krug/Kessel pair with goal share is that they are being deployed in a second-pair role which is tough for a rookie and Krug isn't the best defensively. You deploy them in a 3rd pairing role I guarantee you they excel but to move them to a 3rd pair, you need an actual 2nd pair which Leddy/Faulk or Forsling/Faulk gives you. If it fails next year all the contracts can be gotten rid of much easier as Leddy/Krug/Faulk move to m-ntc but I would think the defense would look much better.
15 févr. à 14 h 35
mokumboi
Quoting: Sunny_In_STL
The problem with the Krug/Kessel pair with goal share is that they are being deployed in a second-pair role which is tough for a rookie and Krug isn't the best defensively. You deploy them in a 3rd pairing role I guarantee you they excel but to move them to a 3rd pair, you need an actual 2nd pair which Leddy/Faulk or Forsling/Faulk gives you. If it fails next year all the contracts can be gotten rid of much easier as Leddy/Krug/Faulk move to m-ntc but I would think the defense would look much better.

Like I said, inject Forsling into my veins, he;s a perfect Parayko partner and will not require as much as you're willing to give him. Not interested in the other two, especially at those prices, and at least one of Krug or Leddy has to go. Preferably Krug, but that will be harder to pull off unless we buy him out, which I am not opposed to.
15 févr. à 14 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Like I said, inject Forsling into my veins, he;s a perfect Parayko partner and will not require as much as you're willing to give him. Not interested in the other two, especially at those prices, and at least one of Krug or Leddy has to go. Preferably Krug, but that will be harder to pull off unless we buy him out, which I am not opposed to.

Assuming Forsling would sign and Krug gets bought out, where are you looking for a 3rd pair D-man to play with Kessel? I don't believe Scotty wants to come back here with how the organization has screwed with his development and Tucker is fine in small segments not a full-time 3rd pair guy.
15 févr. à 14 h 41
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,455
I don't think Forsling hits the open market. With the cap increase and the amount of teams that need defenseman, I wouldn't be surprised to see Forsling get a 7 x 7.5m if he does. I think we are getting to a point where 7m for a definite top 4 guy is the norm whereas 6-6.5m used to be.
15 févr. à 14 h 44
mokumboi
Quoting: Sunny_In_STL
Assuming Forsling would sign and Krug gets bought out, where are you looking for a 3rd pair D-man to play with Kessel? I don't believe Scotty wants to come back here with how the organization has screwed with his development and Tucker is fine in small segments not a full-time 3rd pair guy.

To answer your question: Go get Jett Woo. Or Chatfield. Or hell, bring back Bortz. Or even Scandella at a low hit if he'll take it. Maybe Loof will be ready. Maybe Tucker (who has NOT been fine at all) will pull his head out and utilize his tools. It's very easy to find a 3rd pairing Dman.

To ask another question: How did the Blues screw with Scotty's development??? I have no idea what you're on about with that.
15 févr. à 14 h 46
mokumboi
Quoting: AC14
I don't think Forsling hits the open market. With the cap increase and the amount of teams that need defenseman, I wouldn't be surprised to see Forsling get a 7 x 7.5m if he does. I think we are getting to a point where 7m for a definite top 4 guy is the norm whereas 6-6.5m used to be.

Dude, Florida is mega-screwed with cap this summer. And I simply cannot imagine anyone offers him 7x7.5. I'm a huge Stan of the guy, and even I think that's outrageous.
15 févr. à 14 h 48
Démarrer sujet
To answer your question: Go get Jett Woo. Or Chatfield. Or hell, bring back Bortz. Or even Scandella at a low hit if he'll take it. Maybe Loof will be ready. Maybe Tucker (who has NOT been fine at all) will pull his head out and utilize his tools. It's very easy to find a 3rd pairing Dman.

To ask another question: How did the Blues screw with Scotty's development??? I have no idea what you're on about with that.

I meant Scotty got screwed with injuryies and covid, worded that incorrectly, that’s my bad
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
15 févr. à 14 h 48
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,455
Dude, Florida is mega-screwed with cap this summer. And I simply cannot imagine anyone offers him 7x7.5. I'm a huge Stan of the guy, and even I think that's outrageous.

Every single team in the NHL is getting an additional 4m+ of cap space to work with this summer. Also, almost every team that's in contention has a hole somewhere on their blue line. Guys a 40 point defenseman who is reliable defensively. He should be in line for the same contract someone would be willing to give out to Hanifin, which to be honest I don't see how it's any lower than 7.5 unless you can add the 8th year.

The UFA crop isn't great this year, and that's midway through the season, i'd bet alot of guys get locked up once the seasons over.
15 févr. à 15 h 6
mokumboi
Quoting: AC14
Every single team in the NHL is getting an additional 4m+ of cap space to work with this summer. Also, almost every team that's in contention has a hole somewhere on their blue line. Guys a 40 point defenseman who is reliable defensively. He should be in line for the same contract someone would be willing to give out to Hanifin, which to be honest I don't see how it's any lower than 7.5 unless you can add the 8th year.

The UFA crop isn't great this year, and that's midway through the season, i'd bet alot of guys get locked up once the seasons over.

Okay, lots of different things to consider in there, so pardon my breaking it into pieces...

1 - Bro, seriously... go look at Florida's cap situation this summer. A little 4$M ain;t gonna solve their problems. They have 10 players signed for next season, more than half a roster to fill with only $28M in cap space, little to no prospect strength set to come through, no 1st rounders to deal until their '27 and two of the other UFAs are cornerstone pieces Reinhart and Montour, who one would imagine will cost a good $15-16M to keep. Florida is in MAJOR doodoo, my friend.

2 - Hanifin will be overpaid for sure, but he's one of the "hot items" (Forsling is not, people tend to forget he exists) and he has a longer track record.

3 - There are definitely some tasty morsels among UFA Dmen, and most of them are on teams that likely cannot afford them even though they won't be getting mega-mega-AAVs. Roy, Pesce, DeMelo, Walker, Carrier, Chatfield, etc. It's not exactly a barren shelf.
15 févr. à 15 h 49
Rejoint: nov. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 455
Okay, lots of different things to consider in there, so pardon my breaking it into pieces...

1 - Bro, seriously... go look at Florida's cap situation this summer. A little 4$M ain;t gonna solve their problems. They have 10 players signed for next season, more than half a roster to fill with only $28M in cap space, little to no prospect strength set to come through, no 1st rounders to deal until their '27 and two of the other UFAs are cornerstone pieces Reinhart and Montour, who one would imagine will cost a good $15-16M to keep. Florida is in MAJOR doodoo, my friend.

2 - Hanifin will be overpaid for sure, but he's one of the "hot items" (Forsling is not, people tend to forget he exists) and he has a longer track record.

3 - There are definitely some tasty morsels among UFA Dmen, and most of them are on teams that likely cannot afford them even though they won't be getting mega-mega-AAVs. Roy, Pesce, DeMelo, Walker, Carrier, Chatfield, etc. It's not exactly a barren shelf.

I love Forsling too and I think he is very obtainable. Part of me wouldn't be surprised if Florida let Reinhart and or Montour go. Massive loss of talent, but their cap situation is bad and I feel like signing Montour and Reinhart to big deals is just doubling down on the issue.
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
15 févr. à 16 h 17
mokumboi
Quoting: BDHockey
I love Forsling too and I think he is very obtainable. Part of me wouldn't be surprised if Florida let Reinhart and or Montour go. Massive loss of talent, but their cap situation is bad and I feel like signing Montour and Reinhart to big deals is just doubling down on the issue.

Mmm maybe. But Florida is heavily invested in the now. And not shy about giving splashy big contracts. Pretty confident they'd find Forsling easier and cheaper to replace than Reinhart. I could see a timeline where they let Montour walk to keep Forsling, but I certainly would not bet on it.

Whatever they plan to do, we just need to be ready to strike when the UFA bell dings. Instant swoop. Eliminate the decision for them.
BDHockey a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage