SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Anaheim Ducks signed Jamie Drysdale (3 Years / $2,300,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

7 oct. 2023 à 3 h 24
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: TheFastAndTheFleuryous
Terrible from both perspectives, for different reasons.

Drysdale should have asked for either more money or less term (IMO 2 years, 3.25 mil) and Anaheim shouldn’t have taken this long to sign him. They had the money to sign him before training camp and pre-season. And they had the money to sign him to this deal — or a better one — for a good long while.

Obviously, this is all my opinion. But in my opinion, this is the sort of situation that torpedoes relationships.

That's why the deal took so long to get done. But, he had no leverage other than holding out after missing almost an entire season. Big W for the Ducks here. Zegras, on the other hand, should've been locked up long term, imo.As far as relationships go, that's exactly why players have agents. Nylander held out for half a season and he didn't seem to have damaged relationships. But, I. guess you. never know what happens behind closed doors.
7 oct. 2023 à 13 h 0
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 32
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Counterpoint. Norris tried to come back from injury too early and now is suffering complications. A torn muscle isn't something to rush and is something the Anaheim medical staff recently delt with in Max Jones.

Not the point.

His agent should have told him about this:
"However, what he didn't know (and more importantly wasn't told by Verbeek) was that since he played only 8 games last season and not 10, he doesn't qualify as a full-fledged RFA, but rather as a 10.2(c) player that is ineligible for offer sheets. Had he come back and played in the last two games of the season in April, he would have received the full RFA status."
9 oct. 2023 à 11 h 11
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,008
Nice amount of money... Seriously, fantastic job Anaheim
9 oct. 2023 à 19 h 27
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
The AAV seems to be the going rate for high draft picks who haven't yet shown enough at the NHL level to confirm that they're going to live up to expectations, but I think I'm with the consensus here in that I expected this to be a shorter term. I suppose there is still some risk that he won't live up to this contract, but I feel like Anaheim is most likely getting an extra year at a bargain price.
8 janv. à 20 h 0
GO KNIGHTS GO
Mentions "j'aime": 2,273
Quoting: TheFastAndTheFleuryous
Terrible from both perspectives, for different reasons.

Drysdale should have asked for either more money or less term (IMO 2 years, 3.25 mil) and Anaheim shouldn’t have taken this long to sign him. They had the money to sign him before training camp and pre-season. And they had the money to sign him to this deal — or a better one — for a good long while.

Obviously, this is all my opinion. But in my opinion, this is the sort of situation that torpedoes relationships.

I’d like to take this moment to pat myself on the back.
8 janv. à 20 h 11
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,478
So he’s already gone just over 4 months into the contract
19 janv. à 19 h 57
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: IconicHawk
So he’s already gone just over 4 months into the contract

Yes, but I think having Drysdale signed to this contract was a big reason they were able to acquire Cutter Gauthier.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage