SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Wpg Edm Blockbuster

Créé par: slomo
Publié: 10 sept. 2023 à 12 h 37
Plafond salarial: 83 500 000 $
Journées à la saison: 185/186 (99%)
Détermination du registraire central: Cette transaction a rempli les différents critères exigés par le registraire central de la LNH.

Logo de Oilers d'EdmontonOilers d'Edmonton

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Nugent-Hopkins, RyanOilers d'EdmontonLNH-5 097 446 $011---0000--
Skinner, StuartOilers d'EdmontonLNH-2 586 022 $011-------00
Holloway, DylanExempté du ballottageOilers d'EdmontonLNH-920 027 $011---0000--
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Hellebuyck, ConnorJets de WinnipegLNH-6 133 512 $011-------00
Dillon, BrendenJets de WinnipegLNH50%1 939 516 $011---0000--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial-390 792 $2243563411
Variation530 467 $-1-1-1000
Final139 675 $ (↑)21 (↓)42 (↓)55 (↓)3411000

Logo de Jets de WinnipegJets de Winnipeg

Transaction simultanéeStatut initialNouveau statutImpact sur la masse salarialeFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Gustafsson, DavidLNHMineures-770 833 $-1-----------
DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Hellebuyck, ConnorJets de WinnipegLNH-6 133 512 $011-------00
Dillon, BrendenJets de WinnipegLNH50%1 939 516 $011---0000--
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Nugent-Hopkins, RyanOilers d'EdmontonLNH-5 097 446 $011---0000--
Skinner, StuartOilers d'EdmontonLNH-2 586 022 $011-------00
Holloway, DylanExempté du ballottageOilers d'EdmontonLNH-920 027 $011---0000--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial1 779 643 $2343593611
Variation240 366 $011000
Final2 020 009 $ (↑)2344 (↑)60 (↑)3611000
10 sept. 2023 à 12 h 44
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,174
If the oilers even think about this (and I doubt they would) Nugent-Hopkins vetos it.
Windjammer et aedoran a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2023 à 19 h 18
Hank
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 368
This is awful for the oilers Hellebuyck one for one wouldn’t get you Nuge who is locked in at a great cap hit 5.125 and you would expect oilers to give up there best prospect and Our starting goalie this is one of the worst trades I’ve ever seen and completely one sided
11 sept. 2023 à 19 h 19
Hank
The oilers wouldn’t even give you Stuart skinner one for one for hellebuyck
11 sept. 2023 à 20 h 44
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 374
Quoting: MoxNix
If the oilers even think about this (and I doubt they would) Nugent-Hopkins vetos it.

Not sure why RNH would ever waive to go to WPG....

Quoting: JKCpp
This is awful for the oilers Hellebuyck one for one wouldn’t get you Nuge who is locked in at a great cap hit 5.125 and you would expect oilers to give up there best prospect and Our starting goalie this is one of the worst trades I’ve ever seen and completely one sided

The oilers wouldn’t even give you Stuart skinner one for one for hellebuyck

But this is comical...

Helly is literally twice the goalie that Skinner is. It would be an amazing coup for EDM to end up with Helly.

Now the economics are that EDM is not paying 2 goalies almost $12M in cap money. They would have to get Campbell off the books, and get at least a solid backup for him. Holloway is not exactly "high end prospect" material...its like the Penguins and Samuel Poulin...he is high ranking in THEIR system, but only because there is not much to pick from...

As for Skinner, he is a good young goalie. But do you really want to put your eggs in that basket come playoff time? Or would you rather have, say, Hellebuyck in net? Pretty obvious choice that the Vezina winner gets the nod.

So at the end of the day, RNH nixes the deal, but EDM should be trying to figure out how to make this work.... just IMHO
MoxNix a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2023 à 21 h 6
Hank
Quoting: penguinswin
Not sure why RNH would ever waive to go to WPG....

But this is comical...

Helly is literally twice the goalie that Skinner is. It would be an amazing coup for EDM to end up with Helly.

Now the economics are that EDM is not paying 2 goalies almost $12M in cap money. They would have to get Campbell off the books, and get at least a solid backup for him. Holloway is not exactly "high end prospect" material...its like the Penguins and Samuel Poulin...he is high ranking in THEIR system, but only because there is not much to pick from...

As for Skinner, he is a good young goalie. But do you really want to put your eggs in that basket come playoff time? Or would you rather have, say, Hellebuyck in net? Pretty obvious choice that the Vezina winner gets the nod.

So at the end of the day, RNH nixes the deal, but EDM should be trying to figure out how to make this work.... just IMHO

It would be terrible to get helle for this package 100% skinner was an all star last year 2nd in Calder voting and is locked in a great cap hit at 2.6 for 3 years as for Helle he is getting 6Mil and looking for 8-10m which obviously edmonton can’t afford so it immediately becomes a 1 year rental for Edmonton and it’s pretty obvious that nuge would have way bigger impact on edmonton than Hellebuyck would he proved that last season putting up 100pts. This is 100% one sided and idk how u could quite possibly think otherwise
11 sept. 2023 à 21 h 13
It would be terrible to get helle for this package 100% skinner was an all star last year 2nd in Calder voting and is locked in a great cap hit at 2.6 for 3 years as for Helle he is getting 6Mil and looking for 8-10m which obviously edmonton can’t afford so it immediately becomes a 1 year rental for Edmonton and it’s pretty obvious that nuge would have way bigger impact on edmonton than Hellebuyck would he proved that last season so

I like Skinner alot, but Hellebuyck would be a great fit for EDM. If Campbell and his $5M got moved and say found someone to take Nurse - just an example - that would be more than enough to cover $9M per for Hellebuyck. I know he wants more but probably won't get it. No one that has the cap space will pay it, and the teams that would pay it don't have the cap space. If EDM could move out Skinner and Campbell (& other pieces to make it work) and get back Helly & say an Eric Comrie-level backup, I would love their chances to get to the finals. Obviously RNH is not a realistic piece to move to get there, but where there is a will there is a way. Just ask Vegas' GM... they pull a rabbit out of their hat seemingly every year
12 sept. 2023 à 9 h 30
Hank
I like Skinner alot, but Hellebuyck would be a great fit for EDM. If Campbell and his $5M got moved and say found someone to take Nurse - just an example - that would be more than enough to cover $9M per for Hellebuyck. I know he wants more but probably won't get it. No one that has the cap space will pay it, and the teams that would pay it don't have the cap space. If EDM could move out Skinner and Campbell (& other pieces to make it work) and get back Helly & say an Eric Comrie-level backup, I would love their chances to get to the finals. Obviously RNH is not a realistic piece to move to get there, but where there is a will there is a way. Just ask Vegas' GM... they pull a rabbit out of their hat seemingly every year

Once again Hellebuyck would be a tragedy for Edmonton and Nurse>Hellebuyck so that’s not really a great example and you think moving skinner and campbell and possibly other pieces just to get Hellebuyck would be good for Edmonton is just outrageous to me especially since hellebuyck didn’t do that much better than skinner last year.idk what it is with this site but everyone thinks that the Edmonton oilers should have to overpay for everyone and it just doesn’t make sense to me at all
12 sept. 2023 à 9 h 32
Hank

And u can’t say edmonton had better defence cause the oilers didn’t acquire ekholm till the last 20 games of the season
12 sept. 2023 à 11 h 50
Once again Hellebuyck would be a tragedy for Edmonton and Nurse>Hellebuyck so that’s not really a great example and you think moving skinner and campbell and possibly other pieces just to get Hellebuyck would be good for Edmonton is just outrageous to me especially since hellebuyck didn’t do that much better than skinner last year.idk what it is with this site but everyone thinks that the Edmonton oilers should have to overpay for everyone and it just doesn’t make sense to me at all

And u can’t say edmonton had better defence cause the oilers didn’t acquire ekholm till the last 20 games of the season

I think the difference is personal valuation. You value those players much differently than I do. I don't see how you can compare a Defenseman to a goalie, but even trying, I don't see how Nurse is ever worth more than Helly - except as it currently stands, Helly needs a new contract and Nurse has one beyond this year?

Nurse and Seth Jones are two or the most overpaid Dmen in the league and EDM would be extatic to get out of his deal and Campbell's. And that's where the "overpay" argument goes flat. This isn't an overpay; it would be a hockey deal
12 sept. 2023 à 12 h 8
Hank
Modifié 12 sept. 2023 à 12 h 13
I think the difference is personal valuation. You value those players much differently than I do. I don't see how you can compare a Defenseman to a goalie, but even trying, I don't see how Nurse is ever worth more than Helly - except as it currently stands, Helly needs a new contract and Nurse has one beyond this year?

Nurse and Seth Jones are two or the most overpaid Dmen in the league and EDM would be extatic to get out of his deal and Campbell's. And that's where the "overpay" argument goes flat. This isn't an overpay; it would be a hockey deal

Nurse is overpaid by like 2 million but he has massive impact on the oilers and much better defensively then Seth Jones while putting up the same numbers offensively as Quin Hughes at even strength and there is multiple other defensemen in the nhl that are more overpaid than nurse.

Are u saying that u would trade skinner who is 24 and had a .916 SV% and is locked in at 2.6Mil for 3 years for hellebuyck a one year rental who put up a .920SV% and making about 4 million more it’s actually ridiculous how small of an upgrade hellebuyck would be for Edmonton and u think we should also give up more prospects is just outrageous.

I think u could do a little bit more research before getting urself into an argument like this when statistically speaking this a completely one sided trade
12 sept. 2023 à 12 h 9
Hank

And due to ur lack of research I don’t think u realize how big of role Nurse plays for EDM cause he was consider massively underpaid at a caphit of 5.6 million
12 sept. 2023 à 13 h 8
Nurse is overpaid by like 2 million but he has massive impact on the oilers and much better defensively then Seth Jones while putting up the same numbers offensively as Quin Hughes at even strength and there is multiple other defensemen in the nhl that are more overpaid than nurse.

Nice use of ONE STAT that puts Nurse and Hughes in the same breath....it's comical to compare those two and even you know that. Hughes is twice the defender overall that Nurse is. Nurse is a fine defender, but not at that price point because it limits the flexibility else where. And as far as other Dmen being overpaid, yes there are, but I only used Jones as an example of a extreme overpayment as a comparable to Nurse.

Are u saying that u would trade skinner who is 24 and had a .916 SV% and is locked in at 2.6Mil for 3 years for hellebuyck a one year rental who put up a .920SV% and making about 4 million more it’s actually ridiculous how small of an upgrade hellebuyck would be for Edmonton and u think we should also give up more prospects is just outrageous.

The short answer is yes, if Helly came with an extension I would trade Skinner to give Helly the crease. EDM is wasting the prime of McDavid & Draisaitl. A goalie of Helly's resume is worth the push all in. EDM doesn't have any Uber prospects to deal with, so you trade what you can to make this happen. He is the only goalie on the market to do this for. This isn't Gibson or Ullmark we are talking about.

I think u could do a little bit more research before getting urself into an argument like this when statistically speaking this a completely one sided trade

Again, I have my opinion, you have yours. But this is far from one-sided. Reality is not based solely on numbers anyway. Fit, style personality and resume all factor in to decisions, that are used in conjunction with numbers (i.e. stats, cap hits, etc)

And due to ur lack of research I don’t think u realize how big of role Nurse plays for EDM cause he was consider massively underpaid at a caphit of 5.6 million

First things first, his cap hit is currently $9.25M, which is a gross overpayment. Second, for what he offers $6M max is the neighborhood his cap hit should be. So underpayed at a previous hit of $5.4M, while true, is not where he is today, which is why it's an overpayment TODAY.
12 sept. 2023 à 13 h 47
Hank
Nice use of ONE STAT that puts Nurse and Hughes in the same breath....it's comical to compare those two and even you know that. Hughes is twice the defender overall that Nurse is. Nurse is a fine defender, but not at that price point because it limits the flexibility else where. And as far as other Dmen being overpaid, yes there are, but I only used Jones as an example of a extreme overpayment as a comparable to Nurse.

The short answer is yes, if Helly came with an extension I would trade Skinner to give Helly the crease. EDM is wasting the prime of McDavid & Draisaitl. A goalie of Helly's resume is worth the push all in. EDM doesn't have any Uber prospects to deal with, so you trade what you can to make this happen. He is the only goalie on the market to do this for. This isn't Gibson or Ullmark we are talking about.

Again, I have my opinion, you have yours. But this is far from one-sided. Reality is not based solely on numbers anyway. Fit, style personality and resume all factor in to decisions, that are used in conjunction with numbers (i.e. stats, cap hits, etc)

First things first, his cap hit is currently $9.25M, which is a gross overpayment. Second, for what he offers $6M max is the neighborhood his cap hit should be. So underpayed at a previous hit of $5.4M, while true, is not where he is today, which is why it's an overpayment TODAY.

Ok am I wrong when I say nurse puts up the same numbers at even strength with Quin Hughes and saying he’s twice as good defensively is a stretch nurse plays against way higher competition than Hughes while also blocking more shots and being a lot more physical

And no paying any goalie 8 million plus is a risk doesn’t matter who u are lol u should know that by now.

And yeah this is 100% one sided you realize the trade is nuge 100pt player at 5.125 million and Calder finalist and all star goalie skinner including our best prospect who’s gonna make the team on a contender so yeah you would be pretty dumb to think otherwise but alright man stick ur opinion maybe try doing research and you will learn that is completely one sided

And also no nurse plays 23-25mins a game and put up pretty good numbers for having Cody ceci on his right side he should 100% be making more money then ekholm who is getting 6.5m so yeah nurse is 100% worth 7-7.5m could you imagine if he played on the greatest powerplay of all time he would easily have 60-70pts and nobody would think he’s overpaid
12 sept. 2023 à 13 h 50
Hank
Modifié 12 sept. 2023 à 13 h 59

Also nurse is a better goal scorer than Hughes blocks more shots hits a lot more than hughes and ultimately nurse is the defensemen ur gonna win with at the end of the day

If you have the lead with 1 min left in the game u sending out Nurse or Quin Hughes I think anyone that has half a brain is sending nurse out there 100% of the time
12 sept. 2023 à 15 h 43
Also nurse is a better goal scorer than Hughes

LOL!!! You can't be serious? What's in the water in EDM???

blocks more shots hits a lot more than hughes and ultimately nurse is the defensemen ur gonna win with at the end of the day

If you have the lead with 1 min left in the game u sending out Nurse or Quin Hughes I think anyone that has half a brain is sending nurse out there 100% of the time

It's Hughes...all day, everyday.

Good luck this year not trading for a goalie, and getting bounced in the second round again.
13 sept. 2023 à 0 h 26
Hank
LOL!!! You can't be serious? What's in the water in EDM???

It's Hughes...all day, everyday.

Good luck this year not trading for a goalie, and getting bounced in the second round again.

Nurse is 100% a better goal scorer than Hughes turn ur brain on bro don’t be dumb.
13 sept. 2023 à 19 h 46
Nurse is 100% a better goal scorer than Hughes turn ur brain on bro don’t be dumb.

Like I said what's in your water? I am losing brain cells trying to read your comment with the horrible grammar....good luck in your future endeavors! Like graduating 2nd grade!
13 sept. 2023 à 20 h 38
Hank
Like I said what's in your water? I am losing brain cells trying to read your comment with the horrible grammar....good luck in your future endeavors! Like graduating 2nd grade!

If you need insults to try and win argument that’s how you know you lost
13 sept. 2023 à 22 h 52
If you need insults to try and win argument that’s how you know you lost

Insert mirror...

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option