Forums/Armchair-GM

Metro Outlook Pens

Créé par: edeangel84
Équipe: 2023-24 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 10 août 2023
Publié: 10 août 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I’m by no means convinced we will finish 3rd but it’s the absolute best case scenario we could ask for. I’m not going to rehash what has been done this summer because there’s been a ton of talk already about the Pens. I’m not looking to debate the Jarry deal or who we should have signed because what’s done is done. Now I want to look at how we find a good 3rd pairing defenseman for either POJ or Smith to work with. I think we still don’t have a 3C but with Eller and Carter here to stay I don’t see a trade that’s possible.

UFAs left:

Sign Pens killer Josh Bailey! At least he can’t play against us! The other signing I’d like to see is Jesse PoolParty! Let’s give him one more shot in the NHL.

Trade targets: Upgrading the bottom pairing is a must. I’d like Bogosian, Bortuzzo, or my top target Seeler.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
Transactions
PHI
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (PIT)
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2026 (PIT)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de NYR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $81 729 342 $0 $0 $1 770 658 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
C
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
5 375 000 $5 375 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
775 000 $775 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 août 2023 à 12 h 6
chaz michael michels
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 83
I believe Caps / Pens finish 3/4 ahead of the rangers this year. Bold but I can see it. behind canes / devils.
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
10 août 2023 à 12 h 7
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,271
Quoting: Chazz44
I believe Caps / Pens finish 3/4 ahead of the rangers this year. Bold but I can see it. behind canes / devils.

I agree with this actually. I think Caps had a good offseason and they were good last year before the Carlsson injury
10 août 2023 à 12 h 8
"Go sell ice cream!"
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,359
I think the hurricanes and devils are arguably the two best rosters in the entire league. So I agree there's not much chance in the Penguins surpassing them. I think the Rangers are better, but a much more surpassable team. Far less balanced than the other two.
As far as the bottom pairing defense, they're almost never going to play incompetitive games. Not unless there's a bunch of injuries which is the gamble the front office is taking. Ruhwedel is a much smarter player than Bortuzzo or especially Bogosian. He's been fine as a depth dman and PIT needs Joseph and Smith to get a chance to develop. Tatar is a much preferable depth forward target to Bailey.
10 août 2023 à 12 h 9
Ideally Carter is not in lineup, but if he does play a 4th line with him Nieto and Accari wouldn't be awful. They're both fast and as much as we all want the Carter contract gone, he is able to score if in the right situations. So two fast players feeding it to him would not hurt us. Like the Bailey idea too, I think Pitlick or Poulin in top 6 though and move Rust to 3rd line to give it a little more scoring and speed. Will be an interesting training camp that's for sure. Hard to predict who will win the spots. For the bottom 6 to be good I think one of the many players competing will have to have a major breakout year, which is very possible.
10 août 2023 à 12 h 15
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 373
Hard pass on Puli, we’ve seen enough, he’s a zilch. Philly & Pittsburgh don’t trade. I wouldn’t have a problem with a POJ-Smith third pairing, but mostly because I dislike Ruhwedel. I’d do a Ruh-Borts trade in a heartbeat. Eller is the 3C, that’s why they signed him and what they promised him.
10 août 2023 à 13 h 46
Démarrer sujet
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,181
Quoting: HulkVader
Hard pass on Puli, we’ve seen enough, he’s a zilch. Philly & Pittsburgh don’t trade. I wouldn’t have a problem with a POJ-Smith third pairing, but mostly because I dislike Ruhwedel. I’d do a Ruh-Borts trade in a heartbeat. Eller is the 3C, that’s why they signed him and what they promised him.

I do not like POJ and Smith together for a minute. One or the other on the left is fine and I’ll expect that’s a big point of competition come preseason. I keep hearing about who cared about the 3rd pairing… but good teams have at least an average one. That pairing even for 10 minutes a night is a big liability defensively.

I’m well aware of Eller as the 3C I just don’t like it and I think it’s going to look like a bad move come middle of the season.
10 août 2023 à 13 h 49
Démarrer sujet
JimmyPaek
Quoting: jfkst1
I think the hurricanes and devils are arguably the two best rosters in the entire league. So I agree there's not much chance in the Penguins surpassing them. I think the Rangers are better, but a much more surpassable team. Far less balanced than the other two.
As far as the bottom pairing defense, they're almost never going to play incompetitive games. Not unless there's a bunch of injuries which is the gamble the front office is taking. Ruhwedel is a much smarter player than Bortuzzo or especially Bogosian. He's been fine as a depth dman and PIT needs Joseph and Smith to get a chance to develop. Tatar is a much preferable depth forward target to Bailey.

I want Ruhwedel in WBS. Bogo and Bobby Bortuzzo bring size to the bottom pairing and you still need size despite this trend for smaller defenders. If they were all Adam Fox then it’s be understandable but it is always safe to have a 6’3 or bigger stay at home guy to pair with kids like POJ and Smith who aren’t going to win many battles along the boards. I’d love to have Tatar but I can’t see him signing for at or near minimum.
10 août 2023 à 13 h 53
"Go sell ice cream!"
Quoting: edeangel84
I want Ruhwedel in WBS. Bogo and Bobby Bortuzzo bring size to the bottom pairing and you still need size despite this trend for smaller defenders. If they were all Adam Fox then it’s be understandable but it is always safe to have a 6’3 or bigger stay at home guy to pair with kids like POJ and Smith who aren’t going to win many battles along the boards. I’d love to have Tatar but I can’t see him signing for at or near minimum.

They're Jack Johnson 2.0. Better physical skills and lower hockey IQ. They won't fit in Sullivan's system just like Johnson didn't. 3RD SHOULD be almost irrelevant as the top two RD will play 45+ minutes/game. If Dubas wants an upgrade, he should go for a younger player with upside instead of established 6/7 Dmen like Ruh, Bogo, Bort., etc.
10 août 2023 à 13 h 56
Démarrer sujet
JimmyPaek
Quoting: pensfan21
Ideally Carter is not in lineup, but if he does play a 4th line with him Nieto and Accari wouldn't be awful. They're both fast and as much as we all want the Carter contract gone, he is able to score if in the right situations. So two fast players feeding it to him would not hurt us. Like the Bailey idea too, I think Pitlick or Poulin in top 6 though and move Rust to 3rd line to give it a little more scoring and speed. Will be an interesting training camp that's for sure. Hard to predict who will win the spots. For the bottom 6 to be good I think one of the many players competing will have to have a major breakout year, which is very possible.

I’m not a Pitlick fan and that’s why I have him in WBS. Nylander, Poulin, or even Puustinen all could shock us but now they’ll be facing competition from veterans like Johansson and Vinny Hinnistroza who’s a sneaky good signing. Tatar if he somehow is cheap would be a home run but I went with Bailey on the cheap because I can still see a 20 goal scorer in him if he rotates up the lineup.
10 août 2023 à 13 h 58
Démarrer sujet
JimmyPaek
Quoting: jfkst1
They're Jack Johnson 2.0. Better physical skills and lower hockey IQ. They won't fit in Sullivan's system just like Johnson didn't. 3RD SHOULD be almost irrelevant as the top two RD will play 45+ minutes/game. If Dubas wants an upgrade, he should go for a younger player with upside instead of established 6/7 Dmen like Ruh, Bogo, Bort., etc.

Funny you say that because I was hoping for Cal Foote, bigger and young! Seeler still for me is a perfect fit and I don’t care that he’s a lefty because he plays both sides and has the hockey IQ you’re talking about.
10 août 2023 à 14 h 6
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 108

For the 10 minutes per game that the third pair is going to play, I'd just keep Smith and POJ just for their upside. Ruh can be the 7th like always. There's no need to spend on another 6th D-man to replace one of them when we have a few more in WB who area already signed and cheap. The Pen's whole philosophy is going to be puck possession. ("You don't have to defend if you have the puck." - Sullivan)
jfkst1 a aimé ceci.
10 août 2023 à 14 h 9
"Go sell ice cream!"
Funny you say that because I was hoping for Cal Foote, bigger and young! Seeler still for me is a perfect fit and I don’t care that he’s a lefty because he plays both sides and has the hockey IQ you’re talking about.

My ideal would be Peeke from CBJ, but whether acquisition/cap is worth it for a player that won't likely be playing much is questionable. I do like Foote a lot as a defensive 3RD that can stabilize a bottom pairing with Joseph/Smith on the other side. I'm just guessing Sullivan trusts a vet like Ruh to play 3RD with Smith interchanging in occasionally. I'm also a huge fan of playing dmen on their strong side.
10 août 2023 à 14 h 43
Démarrer sujet
JimmyPaek
Quoting: jbc149
For the 10 minutes per game that the third pair is going to play, I'd just keep Smith and POJ just for their upside. Ruh can be the 7th like always. There's no need to spend on another 6th D-man to replace one of them when we have a few more in WB who area already signed and cheap. The Pen's whole philosophy is going to be puck possession. ("You don't have to defend if you have the puck." - Sullivan)

You don’t have the puck all the time and you don’t have the puck on the PK. Simply put someone has to defend.
10 août 2023 à 14 h 59
I’m not a Pitlick fan and that’s why I have him in WBS. Nylander, Poulin, or even Puustinen all could shock us but now they’ll be facing competition from veterans like Johansson and Vinny Hinnistroza who’s a sneaky good signing. Tatar if he somehow is cheap would be a home run but I went with Bailey on the cheap because I can still see a 20 goal scorer in him if he rotates up the lineup.

I think Bailey Malkin Smith line would be pretty good. Smith is good in transition game, Bailey is a good passer. Would compliment Malkin well I think. Hinnistroza is a good signing for sure, will add some speed to lineup.
edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
10 août 2023 à 15 h 17
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,018
Modifié 10 août 2023 à 15 h 42
I agree about the standings. 3rd place is absolute best case scenario - although still probably unlikely. I have no issues with starting the season with POJ-Smith as the third pair and see how it works out for a few games. They both deserve a shot in the lineup and that would be the only way it happens. If it's a disaster, then just throw in Ruhwedel. I'm not sure any of the RD mentioned here are really an upgrade to the bald wonder.

I don't like the Eller signing either - but it does seem like they're happy about him as the 3C.

Tatar is still the #1 target for me if they can afford him - I would absolutely LOVE to take a flier on Puljujarvi

EDIT: I just realized Pul had double hip surgery. Nevermind. I think he would have been a great fit though
edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
11 août 2023 à 23 h 49
I do not like POJ and Smith together for a minute. One or the other on the left is fine and I’ll expect that’s a big point of competition come preseason. I keep hearing about who cared about the 3rd pairing… but good teams have at least an average one. That pairing even for 10 minutes a night is a big liability defensively.

I’m well aware of Eller as the 3C I just don’t like it and I think it’s going to look like a bad move come middle of the season.

Lol, I’ll pass on to the guys who know what they’re doing that you dislike Eller at 3C, I’m sure they’ll get right on that.
12 août 2023 à 18 h 42
Démarrer sujet
JimmyPaek
Quoting: HulkVader
Lol, I’ll pass on to the guys who know what they’re doing that you dislike Eller at 3C, I’m sure they’ll get right on that.

Ask the Avs front office how he did with them and see how that goes.
12 août 2023 à 23 h 46
Ask the Avs front office how he did with them and see how that goes.

Okay, I asked them. They said, “Infinitely better than Mikael Granlund.” 👍🏻

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage