Forums/Armchair-GM

Next year if we get Nylander

Créé par: Rattlehead
Équipe: 2024-25 Red Wings de Detroit
Date de création initiale: 27 juill. 2023
Publié: 31 juill. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Going to be over the cap, even after sending Fabbri to the farm for whatever in return.

Big glaring hole behind Seider on the right side too.

This is signing Nylander as UFA, but I think he will either stay in TOR, or get a sign-and-trade. Personally, I don't want him, but just wanted to show the cap for the people repeatedly trying to trade him here on this site.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
28 500 000 $
64 500 000 $
31 000 000 $
31 000 000 $
33 000 000 $
25 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
89 500 000 $
Transactions
DET
    Don't know the return, but there is a market in Arizona for players that spend a lot of time on LTIR.
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de BOS
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de BOS
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de STL
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2387 500 000 $88 553 056 $0 $1 907 500 $-1 053 056 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
    7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
    C
    NTC
    UFA - 7
    9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 8
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    AG, C
    UFA - 4
    918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
    C
    RFA - 2
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    RFA
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    RFA
    5 100 000 $5 100 000 $
    C, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    878 333 $878 333 $
    AG, C
    RFA - 1
    905 833 $905 833 $
    AG
    RFA - 2
    5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
    C, AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
    DD
    RFA
    4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    DG
    RFA - 2
    3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    900 000 $900 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    867 500 $867 500 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
    DD
    RFA - 1
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    DG
    RFA
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    C
    RFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    31 juill. 2023 à 7 h 6
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    Rejoint: févr. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,027
    Modifié 31 juill. 2023 à 7 h 14
    Tbh probably better to spend money on a goalie imo. Sign Hellebucyk for like 4x8 which will work well with Augustine’s ELC. (Unless you still believe in cossa but at this point I’m a little bit higher on Trey)

Also kinda amazing how good this team would be if the Chiarot, Huuso and Holl deals didn’t exist lol

EDIT: could definitely see Huuso having a bounce back year but that deal was always bad no matter how you look at it
    31 juill. 2023 à 8 h 1
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: mai 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 43
    Quoting: Kyle_Okposo_Lover
    Tbh probably better to spend money on a goalie imo. Sign Hellebucyk for like 4x8 which will work well with Augustine’s ELC. (Unless you still believe in cossa but at this point I’m a little bit higher on Trey)

Also kinda amazing how good this team would be if the Chiarot, Huuso and Holl deals didn’t exist lol

EDIT: could definitely see Huuso having a bounce back year but that deal was always bad no matter how you look at it

Agreed! Definitely better to spend the money elsewhere. Preferably on a 2RD until Sandin Pelekka comes over.

Husso was good until he got overworked last year, and didn't get much help from the defense. Not the best deals on Husso, Holl and Chiarot, but they aren't that long term either. Should go fine with the prospect line and if the cap increases.
    Kyle_Okposo_Lover a aimé ceci.
    31 juill. 2023 à 8 h 45
    Rejoint: oct. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 8,241

Only bad one was Chiarot. Husso was great for us last year. Things fell off near the end and we were dressing almost half our AHL team. No goalie is surviving that. Holl played over 20 minutes a night in Toronto and we got him for not a high dollar amount and only 3 years. I think with the right partner he will be just fine. Giving up on Cossa after his first pro season? They played him in the be ECHL cause they had a good team and the Griffins were trash last year. He had a rough start but finished really strong and helped his team make the western finals. He likely backs up in Grand Rapids this year. I personally wasn't a fan of the Cossa trade at the time but he still has high potential, he is only 20.
    31 juill. 2023 à 8 h 51
    Rejoint: nov. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 501

Literally one of the dumbest things a GM can do is spend like that on a goalie...
    31 juill. 2023 à 8 h 52
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Lancebmx
    Only bad one was Chiarot. Husso was great for us last year. Things fell off near the end and we were dressing almost half our AHL team. No goalie is surviving that. Holl played over 20 minutes a night in Toronto and we got him for not a high dollar amount and only 3 years. I think with the right partner he will be just fine. Giving up on Cossa after his first pro season? They played him in the be ECHL cause they had a good team and the Griffins were trash last year. He had a rough start but finished really strong and helped his team make the western finals. He likely backs up in Grand Rapids this year. I personally wasn't a fan of the Cossa trade at the time but he still has high potential, he is only 20.

Goalies are hard to predict anyway. Everyone remembers Jim Carey, Vezina winner at 22, out of the league at 24.
    31 juill. 2023 à 8 h 59
    I love Nylander, especially at that number, but you've probably over paid Ras and Berg and definitely Johansson and the cap will probably go up more than that so shouldn't be an issue.
    31 juill. 2023 à 9 h 11
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: PuzzledActuary
    I love Nylander, especially at that number, but you've probably over paid Ras and Berg and definitely Johansson and the cap will probably go up more than that so shouldn't be an issue.

The contracts are pretty much guesswork. I don't think Berggren is overpaid, but Ras might be. I say "might" because he was starting to break out when put on the wing last year.

Johansson is not much overpaid. It is just over min wage. Just put in the same number for him as Veleno, because of laziness haha. Speaking of Veleno, he will probably get more than 1M, so it evens out.
    31 juill. 2023 à 9 h 13
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    Literally one of the dumbest things a GM can do is spend like that on a goalie...

A team who has very good top end talent, top players on ELCs right now and a few great prospects who won’t be due for pay raises for 3-4 years from now (Kasper, Edvinsson). Why wouldn’t they spend extra cap on a goalie? I’d say defense but they fished out all the money for Chiarot, Walman and Holl. Where else would they spend the money? This guy proved it doesn’t make sense to pay someone like Nylander cuz then you’ve got someone like Copp on the fourth line. Paying a top 3-5 goalie makes sense for a 3-4 year deal. It’s not like he’s a one year wonder, he’s a proven franchise goalie
    31 juill. 2023 à 9 h 38
    A team who has very good top end talent, top players on ELCs right now and a few great prospects who won’t be due for pay raises for 3-4 years from now (Kasper, Edvinsson). Why wouldn’t they spend extra cap on a goalie? I’d say defense but they fished out all the money for Chiarot, Walman and Holl. Where else would they spend the money? This guy proved it doesn’t make sense to pay someone like Nylander cuz then you’ve got someone like Copp on the fourth line. Paying a top 3-5 goalie makes sense for a 3-4 year deal. It’s not like he’s a one year wonder, he’s a proven franchise goalie

Because you don't need an "elite" goalie to win championships and there's not a single example of a team paying for a goalie that has worked out.

It makes way more sense to sign a guy like Nylander or Pesce long term next offseason than it is to overpay for a goalie.

Also, the wings don't have very good top end talent (outside of Seider). We have middle of the road talent and need many of the upcoming prospects to be difference makers (Ed, Wallinder, Daniel, Kasper, Soder, Pelikka, etc.) What doe Helle do for this team for 4 years aside from waste money?
    31 juill. 2023 à 10 h 6
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    Because you don't need an "elite" goalie to win championships and there's not a single example of a team paying for a goalie that has worked out.

It makes way more sense to sign a guy like Nylander or Pesce long term next offseason than it is to overpay for a goalie.

Also, the wings don't have very good top end talent (outside of Seider). We have middle of the road talent and need many of the upcoming prospects to be difference makers (Ed, Wallinder, Daniel, Kasper, Soder, Pelikka, etc.) What doe Helle do for this team for 4 years aside from waste money?

The idea that elite goalies ≠ is moronic. Tampa Bay winning 2 cups and going to three while paying Vasi 9.5 mil or whatever it is? Shesterkin carrying the rangers on their run. I mean come on. Elite goalies lead to success. The alternative is to have an average goalie and hope they get hot. Adin Hill? I’ll bet you he doesn’t play more than 20 NHL games in a season again. Kuemper is a top 8 goalie. Binnington got hot then has been atrocious since. Look at why Toronto hasn’t had success. They have all the top end talent.

Hellebucyk raises Detroit to be near favorites in the Atlantic. Imagine next year you have Edvisson and Kasper on their ELCs, Seider and Raymond making 5-7 or so on bridge deals and the rest of the team on their deals? You don’t wait til you have to pay your players to go all in. There’s a reason tampa did so well when Point and Cirelli were making so little. Same with the Avs and Mackinnon. Blues with Thomas and Kyrou (not as much but still effective). Look at the Dunn deal at the time. There’s a reason once Mackinnon gets his money, the Avs lose round 1. Same with Tampa.

It’s a bigger deal in the NFL but you need to go for it when ur young players don’t make a lot. The wings have enough elite prospects so they can afford not getting high picks right now. Plus the current roster isn’t bad enough to get a top pick. Hellebucyk takes you from 80-95 point team to 90-105 point team.
    31 juill. 2023 à 10 h 19
    The idea that elite goalies ≠ is moronic. Tampa Bay winning 2 cups and going to three while paying Vasi 9.5 mil or whatever it is? Shesterkin carrying the rangers on their run. I mean come on. Elite goalies lead to success. The alternative is to have an average goalie and hope they get hot. Adin Hill? I’ll bet you he doesn’t play more than 20 NHL games in a season again. Kuemper is a top 8 goalie. Binnington got hot then has been atrocious since. Look at why Toronto hasn’t had success. They have all the top end talent.

Hellebucyk raises Detroit to be near favorites in the Atlantic. Imagine next year you have Edvisson and Kasper on their ELCs, Seider and Raymond making 5-7 or so on bridge deals and the rest of the team on their deals? You don’t wait til you have to pay your players to go all in. There’s a reason tampa did so well when Point and Cirelli were making so little. Same with the Avs and Mackinnon. Blues with Thomas and Kyrou (not as much but still effective). Look at the Dunn deal at the time. There’s a reason once Mackinnon gets his money, the Avs lose round 1. Same with Tampa.

It’s a bigger deal in the NFL but you need to go for it when ur young players don’t make a lot. The wings have enough elite prospects so they can afford not getting high picks right now. Plus the current roster isn’t bad enough to get a top pick. Hellebucyk takes you from 80-95 point team to 90-105 point team.

Shesterkin makes $5M a year and is homegrown, not a good example. Vas is also homegrown and that is the ONE example that worked out (they were also over the cap and had to use LTIR, but is what it is).

You just named me multiple middle of the road goalies that have won a cup lol....well done

Tampa did well because they have 5-7 of the best players in the world (including Vas). COL is the same thing (regardless of goalie). I don't even know what your argument is anymore, you're all over the place.

If you truly think that the Wings are favorites with Helle, then there's nothing else to say here.
    31 juill. 2023 à 10 h 24
    Démarrer sujet
    I believe 9.5M is the highest cap hit on a player that has ever won a cup. Not sure, because I haven't checked, but can only think of Vasi, Malkin, and Ovie, and they all had that cap hit when they won.
    31 juill. 2023 à 10 h 26
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    Shesterkin makes $5M a year and is homegrown, not a good example. Vas is also homegrown and that is the ONE example that worked out (they were also over the cap and had to use LTIR, but is what it is).

You just named me multiple middle of the road goalies that have won a cup lol....well done

Tampa did well because they have 5-7 of the best players in the world (including Vas). COL is the same thing (regardless of goalie). I don't even know what your argument is anymore, you're all over the place.

If you truly think that the Wings are favorites with Helle, then there's nothing else to say here.

You didn’t make a single point there.

The cup is hard to win, and it’s proven that elite goalies lead to more success than average goalies. It’s just that there are way more average goalies lmao.

Let’s put it this way. Imo the top 4 goalies in the NHL are Shesterkin, Sorokin, Vasi and Hellebucyk. Thats 4/4 in the play offs. That’s 2 cups in the past 5 years, 3 appearances, 4 conference finals appearances. That means out of those 4 goalies, 5/20 teams in the conference finals have had a top 4 goalie. That’s 25%. 12.5% of the population represented 25% of the appearances. That gives double the chance to make a “significant” run. Nobody could’ve predicted Bob, Lyon, Hill, Thompson, Binngton could’ve made runs. That easily could’ve been Raanta or Korpisalo or some other average goalie, but it’s a lot less than a 25% chance to make the conference finals.

And this isn’t a perfect math obviously, but your point is a fallacy. Elite goalies don’t have as much success because they’re aren’t as frequent. But there’s a reason every cup winner has a goalie play at an elite level during the playoffs…. Because elite goaltending leads to success. And if you can double the odds of having your goaltender play at an elite level, your success rate shoots up.

This is an insanely below average take bro

Also your point about Tampa being over the cap is BS. so was Vegas buddy
    31 juill. 2023 à 10 h 31
    You didn’t make a single point there.

The cup is hard to win, and it’s proven that elite goalies lead to more success than average goalies. It’s just that there are way more average goalies lmao.

Let’s put it this way. Imo the top 4 goalies in the NHL are Shesterkin, Sorokin, Vasi and Hellebucyk. Thats 4/4 in the play offs. That’s 2 cups in the past 5 years, 3 appearances, 4 conference finals appearances. That means out of those 4 goalies, 5/20 teams in the conference finals have had a top 4 goalie. That’s 25%. 12.5% of the population represented 25% of the appearances. That gives double the chance to make a “significant” run. Nobody could’ve predicted Bob, Lyon, Hill, Thompson, Binngton could’ve made runs. That easily could’ve been Raanta or Korpisalo or some other average goalie, but it’s a lot less than a 25% chance to make the conference finals.

And this isn’t a perfect math obviously, but your point is a fallacy. Elite goalies don’t have as much success because they’re aren’t as frequent. But there’s a reason every cup winner has a goalie play at an elite level during the playoffs…. Because elite goaltending leads to success. And if you can double the odds of having your goaltender play at an elite level, your success rate shoots up.

This is an insanely below average take bro

Also your point about Tampa being over the cap is BS. so was Vegas buddy

Buddy....let me help you: what do all the goalies below have in common?

Kuemper
    Hill
    Binnington
    Holtby
    Murray

All of those goalies you named above (other than vas) don't have a cup or make far less than $8M.....lol, you're a little slow (and actively disproving your own point).
    31 juill. 2023 à 10 h 36
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    Buddy....let me help you:

Kuemper
    Hill
    Binnington
    Holtby
    Murray

All of those goalies you named don't have a cup or make far less than $8M.....lol, you're a little slow.

You don’t understand at all and it’s so funny.
    THERE ARE WAAAAAAAY MORE AVERAGE GOALIES THAN ELITE.

WAAAAAY MORE.
    Alexandar Georgiev ($3,400,000)
    Darcy Kuemper ($5,250,000)
    Samuel Montembeault ($1,000,000)
    Vitek Vanecek ($3,400,000)
    Carter Hart ($3,979,000)
    Pyotr Kochetkov ($2,000,000)
    Akira Schmid ($850,833)
    Joonas Korpisalo ($4,000,000)
    Semyon Varlamov ($2,750,000)
    Dustin Wolf ($813,333)
    Laurent Brossoit ($1,750,000)
    Devon Levi ($925,000)
    Karel Vejmelka ($2,725,000)
    Alex Lyon ($900,000)
    Daniel Vladar ($2,200,000)
    Anton Forsberg ($2,750,000)
    Robin Lehner ($5,000,000)
    Logan Thompson ($766,667)
    Scott Wedgewood ($1,000,000)
    Kevin Lankinen ($2,000,000)
    Casey DeSmith ($1,800,000)
    Antti Raanta ($1,500,000)
    Pheonix Copley ($1,500,000)
    Marc-André Fleury ($3,500,000)
    Matt Murray ($4,687,500)
    John Gibson ($6,400,000)
    Jake Allen ($3,850,000)
    Mackenzie Blackwood ($2,350,000)
    Jacob Markström ($6,000,000)
    Frederik Andersen ($3,400,000)
    Spencer Knight ($4,500,000)
    Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen ($837,500)
    Ivan Fedotov ($925,000)
    Adin Hill ($4,900,000)

That’s 33 average goalies. Here are 4: Sorokin, Shesterkin, Vasi, Hellebucyk. Then there are 3 borderline: Saros, Oettinger and Gustavsson.

Even then, 7 vs 33, not even counting guys like Huuso, Talbot, Comrie, and 30 more who people were higher on than guys like Hill and Binnington before they made runs. You cannot sustain success that way

I’ve never been so genuinely angry on here. You just do not read what I say. I know I am right. You know I’m right too lmao. Goodbye have a great day buddy
    31 juill. 2023 à 10 h 37
    You don’t understand at all and it’s so funny.
    THERE ARE WAAAAAAAY MORE AVERAGE GOALIES THAN ELITE.

WAAAAAY MORE.
    Alexandar Georgiev ($3,400,000)
    Darcy Kuemper ($5,250,000)
    Samuel Montembeault ($1,000,000)
    Vitek Vanecek ($3,400,000)
    Carter Hart ($3,979,000)
    Pyotr Kochetkov ($2,000,000)
    Akira Schmid ($850,833)
    Joonas Korpisalo ($4,000,000)
    Semyon Varlamov ($2,750,000)
    Dustin Wolf ($813,333)
    Laurent Brossoit ($1,750,000)
    Devon Levi ($925,000)
    Karel Vejmelka ($2,725,000)
    Alex Lyon ($900,000)
    Daniel Vladar ($2,200,000)
    Anton Forsberg ($2,750,000)
    Robin Lehner ($5,000,000)
    Logan Thompson ($766,667)
    Scott Wedgewood ($1,000,000)
    Kevin Lankinen ($2,000,000)
    Casey DeSmith ($1,800,000)
    Antti Raanta ($1,500,000)
    Pheonix Copley ($1,500,000)
    Marc-André Fleury ($3,500,000)
    Matt Murray ($4,687,500)
    John Gibson ($6,400,000)
    Jake Allen ($3,850,000)
    Mackenzie Blackwood ($2,350,000)
    Jacob Markström ($6,000,000)
    Frederik Andersen ($3,400,000)
    Spencer Knight ($4,500,000)
    Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen ($837,500)
    Ivan Fedotov ($925,000)
    Adin Hill ($4,900,000)

That’s 33 average goalies. Here are 4: Sorokin, Shesterkin, Vasi, Hellebucyk. Then there are 3 borderline: Saros, Oettinger and Gustavsson.

Even then, 7 vs 33, not even counting guys like Huuso, Talbot, Comrie, and 30 more who people were higher on than guys like Hill and Binnington before they made runs. You cannot sustain success that way

I’ve never been so genuinely angry on here. You just do not read what I say. I know I am right. You know I’m right too lmao. Goodbye have a great day buddy

K
    31 juill. 2023 à 13 h 36
    Stats Are For Losers
    Rejoint: nov. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,395
    There is no scenario where we sign Seider to a bridge deal. Negative zero chance of that happening.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage