SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Detroit Red Wings

JoeROFLCOPTERs Top-5 Red Wings Prospects

12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 2
Joe
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,600
Just giving insight to my opinion prospects to this website. Not including goalies or 2023 draftees. There is a lot of ways to make this list, but I'll just say which prospect is "better," and give my rationale. Using the S to F grading. Keep in mind that the role projections are based in a vacuum; for chemistry reasons, they may end elsewhere in a lineup.

NAME/PROJ. ROLE/GRADE
1. Edvinsson - LD1 - A+
I haven't been able to watch much of the AHL (not that it mattered because the coach was awful), but here's what I took from his 9-game look.
Edvinsson is a phenomenal skater in general, add onto the fact that he's 6'6" and he's a perfect mold for a defenseman. He's definitely more defensively orientated, but you can tell he has some offense. I don't think you'll be able to consider him a "two-way" guy, though. He's not scared to use his body, and looks almost too casual out there. In his 9-game look, he did take a bunch of "meh" penalties, such as his stick being in the wrong place, or being a step behind -- the kind of stuff that can be patched up, though.

2. Marco Kasper - 2C - A+
Now, if you ask me who I think is going to be the most impactful prospect; it's this kid. One thing I've complained about the Red Wings for the past few years is that our team is weak, and it was displayed perfectly in the Ottawa B2B. Marco Kasper, although isn't a solve all, is a huge help. I can only describe him as a pissed hornet; not the biggest (6'1"), but will sting hard. The first thing I noticed when watching Rogle this season was; if the puck isn't in Rogle's possession, Kasper is already hounding down on it. I mean, there were a few times where Kasper shot the puck, and then retrieved it in the corners. He's also extremely physical, which is perfect. This kid is a swiss army knife. The only drag I know is that his shot is to be desired, but he seemed to have worked on it and it definitely looked much better in development camp.

3. Wallinder - 2LD - A-
Wallinder was drafted as a boom or bust guy. Seeing as he was Rogle's #1 in last year's playoffs and this whole season, EuroHockey 22U POTY, and lead the SHL in U21 points; he's definitely booming. Like Edvinsson he's a great skater, and like Edvinsson he's tall (6'4"). Unlike Edvinsson, Wallinder is definitely a 2-Way guy. A playdriver that promotes forechecking. He's, imo, one of the most underrated prospects in the league. He's got great hands, great feet, and is tall. I do think that, like most young 2-way guys, he tries to force a few plays, and I'd also like to see him get bigger and bring a more physical presence, but that would likely cause other things to get worse.
Despite my projections, I expect him, and not Edvinsson, to be his pairing, simply because Wallinder brings more offense than Edvinsson can.

4. Mazur - 2LW - B+
Mazur is a stud. Certified stud. For Red Wings fans, you can compare this kid to a better skating, defensively capable Bertuzzi. He's physical and he can score. I can't give you as well depthed of a write-up as I did Kasper, but this kid looked phenomenal in the development camp. I can hear arguments to bump him up to an A- grade, but I'll need to see him in a professional league before I give my grade.

5. Lombardi - 3C - B
I've been big on Lombardi since watching him in the '22 development camp. This kid is skilled, smart, fast, and skilled again. Lombardi was voted as the smartest player (over Wright) and 2nd best playmaker (lost to Voit) in the OHL's western conference. This kid is a stud in the making. He is small (5'9"), and I'm not confident on his back checking, but man is he electric. He had a superb development camp and was, IMO, the best player out there.

HMs:
Johansson - B
Soderblom - B
Buchelnikov - B-

Feel free to discuss. This was written on my phone (which isn't the best for CapFriendly), so ignore grammatic errors and the choppiness of sentences.
Solarion a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 4
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,010
Why can't you count Raymond, Seider and Bergen? All 3 are still on their ELC, so I would consider this their last last before they lose the 'prospect' name attached
12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Joe
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Why can't you count Raymond, Seider and Bergen? All 3 are still on their ELC, so I would consider this their last last before they lose the 'prospect' name attached

They've all had an NHL season (give or take with Berggren) under their belt.
If you're curious,
1. Seider - #1 D-Man - S
2. Raymond - Top-6 W - A+
3. Edvinsson - 1LD - A+
4. Kasper - 2C - A+
5. Berggren - Mid-6 W - B+
Not_Isles5513 et Solarion a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 10
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 865

Raymond & Seider each have over 150 GP. I wouldn't consider them prospects. Berggren, maybe.
12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 12
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 865
I'm excited for Lombardi, but cautiously so. Let's see how he does in the AHL, as there have been many guys who have played outstanding in the CHL for their D+1 then never panned out in the NHL. Not many have done what Point did.

Good list though!
12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 13
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,577

A guy can play 246 games on an elc. You really think guys with 100+ nhl games are prospects?
JoeROFLCOPTER a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Joe
Quoting: dtd_tank
I'm excited for Lombardi, but cautiously so. Let's see how he does in the AHL, as there have been many guys who have played outstanding in the CHL for their D+1 then never panned out in the NHL. Not many have done what Point did.

Good list though!

Completely fair, hence why he's a B. If he was like 6' and didn't lose any skill, he probably bolsters A-. I just get so enamoured by this kid whenever I watch the development camp.
dtd_tank a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 20
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
A guy can play 246 games on an elc. You really think guys with 100+ nhl games are prospects?

Quoting: dtd_tank
Raymond & Seider each have over 150 GP. I wouldn't consider them prospects. Berggren, maybe.

This upcoming season is Seider's 3rd year and Raymond's 2nd/3rd (I believe) which would make want to still view them as prospects and Breggren still has a lot of untapped potential
12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Joe
This upcoming season is Seider's 3rd year and Raymond's 2nd/3rd (I believe)

Seider and Raymond have both played over 150 games.
dtd_tank a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 23
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
Seider and Raymond have both played over 150 games.

That's only 2 seasons though
12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 23
Leafs going to Leafs
They've all had an NHL season (give or take with Berggren) under their belt.
If you're curious,
1. Seider - #1 D-Man - S
2. Raymond - Top-6 W - A+
3. Edvinsson - 1LD - A+
4. Kasper - 2C - A+
5. Berggren - Mid-6 W - B+

Thanks
12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 24
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,577
That's only 2 seasons though

So what?
dtd_tank et JoeROFLCOPTER a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 27
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
So what?

I'd still consider them prospects because they each have so much more to give IMO
12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Joe
I'd still consider them prospects because they each have so much more to give IMO

Then you may as well call everyone under the age of 25 a prospect since players hit their prime at 26/27/28.
12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Joe
You know, if I was expecting to argue anything, it was not the definition of prospect.
Solarion a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2023 à 14 h 36
Leafs going to Leafs
Then you may as well call everyone under the age of 25 a prospect since players hit their prime at 26/27/28.

You and I both know how much better Seider's going to be by the time he's 23 and that's not his prime

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage