Forums/Armchair-GM

Is All of This Spending Setting Up For A Nylander Trade

Créé par: NorthernLeafsFan05
Équipe: 2023-24 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 3 juill. 2023
Publié: 3 juill. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Emotions are high in Leafs land right now. We have just landed arguably the best UFA available, and also the son of an actual Leafs legend. The spending we are doing is through the roof, literally, as we are now well over the cap. Something is going to happen with Murray, which just allows us to eek in Samsonov, who will likely come in at around 4 mil. I feel like something is also going to happen with Timmins, a guy who is very clearly a Dubas addition that doesn't make a ton of sense under the Treliving regime. The issue then lies in the fact that we only have a 20 man roster, completely screwing us in the event of an injury (which seems increasingly likely with guys like Bertuzzi suiting up).

Something that I feel has been lost in the barrage of news was what Friedman had been saying about Nylander. Supposedly his camp and the Leafs are very far apart, with Nylander wanting somewhere around 9 - 10 while the Leafs want 8. I'm in the camp of trading Willy if he wants that much, as the precedent for a player like him getting that kind of money is just not there. Forsberg at 8.5 is the best comparison in my opinion. This is supposedly a situation to watch, and one that could potentially boil over in the coming weeks if the Leafs choose to get optimal value. Selling Nylander in the offseason after all the big names have left the UFA market would be the smart thing to do, and would theoretically yield us the best return. Despite this however, I still have this awful feeling that we are going to get fleeced.

Looking at possible packages for Willy, I think a defenseman is the obvious foundation. Go ahead and take a look at the defense group Toronto has right now. It isn't exactly the most defensively sound, so I think this is the route we will go down. As much as I hate the god awful Nylander for Pesce trope, there are some legs there. Carolina seems like a perfect fit for Nylander, and after acquiring Orlov and TDA (maybe), the Canes just have no room for the guy. I myself am not the biggest believer in Pesce and don't think he is nearly as good as Leafs fans seem to think he is, but he is definitely no slouch. I know the popular secondary piece in a Nylander trade has been Jarvis (or primary piece depending on how you see things), I just don't see Carolina moving him. He is so good, and is arguably more valuable to the Canes than Nylander. I know Drury is not quite on the level of Jarvis, but he is quite the player. He also supposedly requested a trade out of Carolina if I recall correctly, so he could make sense in a trade. Another prospect I'd like is Scott Morrow, especially considering the emergence of Nikishin in the Canes system.

Regardless of the suitor for Nylander, I think the return would look something like a proven defenseman, a young NHL ready roster player, and picks. My fear with Pesce is that he is a pure rental. We are essentially moving a legit first line talent for Drury and some magic beans. Not sure it's the greatest asset management in the world, but my gut feeling for the return in a Nylander deal is not good. If this is the route we go down, we better get Bertuzzi resigned next season...
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2800 000 $
24 000 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Drury, Jack
  2. Morrow, Scott [Liste de réserve]
  3. Pesce, Brett
  4. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (CAR)
  5. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (CAR)
CHI
  1. Murray, Matt
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (NYI)
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $82 894 084 $0 $0 $605 916 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 2
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 2
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
925 000 $925 000 $
C
RFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
762 500 $762 500 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
4 025 000 $4 025 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, C
RFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
AD, C, AG
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
3 juill. 2023 à 0 h 33
They bought it
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 173
forsberg is prob a good comparable yeah. it’s gonna be weird getting used to a world again with a rising cap lol wonder how much that’s factored into nylander’s ask

i think youre undervaluing pesce and carolina doesnt generally part with their 1st rounders, so if you take out the 1st it’s a closer deal

dumping murray is gonna suck so bad if it costs that much
3 juill. 2023 à 0 h 37
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,265
Quoting: ChevelsDayOff
forsberg is prob a good comparable yeah. it’s gonna be weird getting used to a world again with a rising cap lol wonder how much that’s factored into nylander’s ask

i think youre undervaluing pesce and carolina doesnt generally part with their 1st rounders, so if you take out the 1st it’s a closer deal

dumping murray is gonna suck so bad if it costs that much

I have a hunch Murray fails his physical and gets put on ltir for the season
3 juill. 2023 à 0 h 39
Hurricane Waddell
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,601
I appreciate the commentary as most people just throw garbage out and wonder why their posts get obliterated in the comments.

For me, the trade for Nylander comes down to extending him. I think the Canes would have as much issue with agreeing to a contract with him as the Leafs would…especially if the rumors of
Adding EK65 are true.

If push came to shove - I could honestly see a Nylander for Pesce and a sweetener added. I’m not sure they’d do the picks you’ve listed included. Pesce, Drury, 2024 Canes 2nd would be the best they’d do.
NorthernLeafsFan05, ChevelsDayOff, vikhodush and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2023 à 0 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,047
Quoting: Caniac555
I appreciate the commentary as most people just throw garbage out and wonder why their posts get obliterated in the comments.

For me, the trade for Nylander comes down to extending him. I think the Canes would have as much issue with agreeing to a contract with him as the Leafs would…especially if the rumors of
Adding EK65 are true.

If push came to shove - I could honestly see a Nylander for Pesce and a sweetener added. I’m not sure they’d do the picks you’ve listed included. Pesce, Drury, 2024 Canes 2nd would be the best they’d do.

Kinda felt like I was pushing it with the additional 1st. Appreciate the insight from the Canes end of things. Forgot the Canes were in on EK65, although I wonder if you guys just re-acquire TDA and call it quits there...

Either way it will certainly be tricky. Will be interesting to see what goes on with Nylander and Pesce in their separate albeit potentially intertwined fates
3 juill. 2023 à 0 h 45
They bought it
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 173
Quoting: Caniac555

Adding EK65 are true.

karlsson and burns together didn’t go amazing last time it was tried and also i don’t think carolina is in need of him either. not sure who their pesce replacement would be but karlsson wouldn’t be the best fit

nylander’s scoring touch would be much more appreciated in a canes lineup that lacked firepower after they lost svech and patches. i like that proposed deal for both teams
3 juill. 2023 à 0 h 49
Hurricane Waddell
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,601
The Canes will have the puck more than the Sharks did, and they will be deployed differently. Slavin & Orlov & Chatfield are capable skaters and good defensively to cover for Burns and EK. Sharks had Ferraro & Vlasic?

Quoting: ChevelsDayOff
karlsson and burns together didn’t go amazing last time it was tried and also i don’t think carolina is in need of him either. not sure who their pesce replacement would be but karlsson wouldn’t be the best fit

nylander’s scoring touch would be much more appreciated in a canes lineup that lacked firepower after they lost svech and patches. i like that proposed deal for both teams
rookie a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2023 à 7 h 55
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 10,565
You'd probably have to do better than Robertson or Timmins.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage