SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Washington Capitals signed Max Pacioretty (1 Year / $4,000,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

1 juill. 2023 à 16 h 53
Swedish Caps fan
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Quoting: Jeremy_Go_Pens
That's not a contending roster at all to me.

And water is wet. Management will make moves to keep Ovechkin happy, but I think all Caps fans can see it's not a contender, but a pretender. It will keep Ovie content, he'll break the goal record and retire. Until that happen, there will not be a rebuild, but only the pretender status. That's it.
1 juill. 2023 à 16 h 57
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,375
Washed! Said it last offseason. Another Achilles rupture only makes me more certain
1 juill. 2023 à 17 h 16
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 86
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Another contract with performance bonuses, but lots of risk here, Pacioretty was already a shell of himself before the injuries and has barely played in the past 2 years.

What? He was not a shell of himself before the injuries his numbers are great whenever he's played. Coming back from 2 achilles tears is risky but if dude is actually healthy he should have a great season....

DEF better than Mantha LOL
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2023 à 17 h 19
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,300
Quoting: vmark
What? He was not a shell of himself before the injuries his numbers are great whenever he's played. Coming back from 2 achilles tears is risky but if dude is actually healthy he should have a great season....

DEF better than Mantha LOL

I'm not denying that, Mantha has been terrible one Washington. Hopefully Montreal gets him with some top picks/prospects.
1 juill. 2023 à 17 h 30
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 86
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I'm not denying that, Mantha has been terrible one Washington. Hopefully Montreal gets him with some top picks/prospects.

Yea, idk if they'll pay to unload him, cap space has gotten a lot more expensive this offseason. I'm just sayin' I've always liked patches game he just can't stay on the ice. If he can stay healthy it should be good but that is a BIG if. I mean, he played 2 games last year and 3 goals lol
4 juill. 2023 à 16 h 22
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,146
Very risky. I thought Max's career was over after all those bad injuries.
4 juill. 2023 à 22 h 13
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 549
I feel like he had unfinished business in Carolina. I was hoping he’d want to stay there for something like $1-1.5M, but not on a contract like this. The bonuses would have been too risky for them with Aho and Necas due for raises next season, but it looks like Washington can afford it, so it’s worth a try. The worst case scenario for them would be if he plays enough to earn the bonuses but is only a shadow of his former self. However, when he plays, he plays well, so they’ll probably get their money’s worth if he’s healthy, and only be out the base $2M if he’s not.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage