SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Hearing the Ducks are leaning away from Fantilli

Hearing the Ducks are leaning away from Fantilli

Cuvée de repêchage: 2023
Créé par: Logicalicesports
Publié: 23 juin 2023 à 11 h 12
Description
Reports have come out stating the Ducks are showing more interest in Michkov and Carlsson, compared to Fantilli. Between the three of them I would not be surprised to see them take Michkov, he fills their needs and they will not be competing before he arrives anyway.

Minnesota needs a 1C option to push them over the slump they are in and get them deeper in the playoffs, they make a trade and bring in a friend of Krill.

MIN Trades: Pick 21, Khusnutdinov, and Zuccarello.

WSH: Trades Kuznetsov (Retained at 33%), Lapierre, UFA Connor Brown (for signing rights or a sign and trade at around 1.5m), and Pick 104.

The Rangers are still in their win now window and are looking to bring in some more firepower this season.

NYR Trades: Pick 23, RFA Alexis Lafreniere and Barclay Goodrow.

WPG trades: Pierre-Luc Dubois (Sign and Trade at 8 years 7.5 million)

It has been reported that St. Louis is looking to stay competitive and are open to trading one or two of their first round selection not numbered ten in this years draft.

STL Trades: Pick 25, Bolduc and Perunovich

PHI: Trades Konecny, Pick 87, and McLaughlin.
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-This could be the only true lock in the draft at this point.
2Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-He fits the need for the Ducks more than another center does. Yes I understand Zegras or McTavish can move to wing, but why move them if you don't have to.
3Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Fantilli drops past the Blue Jackets, Carlsson seems to be the perfect fit for them and if he is still on the board at 3, I believe the Jackets will have their future first line center here.
4Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Fantilli cannot fall any further than here, he is an elite center prospect, the sharks will get one hell of a player here.
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Rumors have been floated around since the lottery for the Habs to take a defenseman here but they could use another center piece and adding smith would help them have a dynamic 1C, 2C for the future.
6Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Benson is an offensive weapon that the Coyotes would be mistaken to miss, he is a stud and already plays with one of their top prospects in Connor Geekie.
7Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Been hearing a lot for the Flyers to build from the back end, but their stars are aging and they might be looking to add a center to help them transition. Dvorsky is a great two way player that could fill Courtier's shoes when he moves on from Philly.
8Logo de Capitals de Washington-The capitals have an aging core of Right Handed defenders and if Reinbacher falls to them in this draft I see them taking him and giving him a shot to make the team in October, he seems like he is close to NHL ready, if not one more year of development and they move TVR to get him in the lineup.
9Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-ASP is the second defender off the board, highly skilled right shot defenseman that would compliment Seider very well on their blueline.
10Logo de Blues de St-Louis-The Blues need an elite potential center in their organization and Morre brings crazy speed and great offense to a team that is retooling.
11Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-From Vancouver with skill pouring out of his years, after a year or team of development he will be a great player for the Canucks.
12Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaI cannot see Sale sliding past the Coyotes, they are getting some lethal weapons on wing in this draft.
13Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Wood feels like the perfect Buffalo pick, give him time to learn behind the guys that play his style of hockey in Tuch and Thompson.
14Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-They need help everywhere and Barlow is the best player left on the board as it sits at the moment, he can lead as shown in Juniors and he is a great all around weapon for the Penguins to grow around.
15Logo de Predators de Nashville-He wants to play with his brother, lets make that happen. People have him going much higher in this draft, but I can see him being a perfect fit for Trotz first selection as a GM. Playing with his brother would be awesome and that line would do damage.
16Logo de Flames de Calgary-Offensively talented left handed defenseman goes to the Flames, they need help in a lot of areas and Gulyayev would be a great building block for their blueline.
17Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Islanders de New YorkThe Wings need to address their offense after grabbing an electric defenseman in ASP. Danielson has the potential to come in and be the 2C behind Larkin after a year or two of development.
18Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-The Jets may be blowing it up this year and what is a better option to a team rebuilding the core besides a player that can play any offensive position.
19Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayThe Hawks have already grabbed a potential generational talent in Bedard, they need to now get him some weapons and Perreault is the perfect complementary player in my opinion, if his junior performances can be replicated in the NHL he will be the steal of the draft.
20Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Seattle needs to focus on getting a top defensive prospect in this draft and Dragicevic would instantly become that for them. A great offensive minded right shot defenseman to add to a potent young core.
21Logo de Wild du Minnesota-*WASHINGTON* Selects Danlil But, a massive framed player that delivers a strong offensive and physical game. He is a Capitals style player.
22Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Kings de Los AngelesPhilly adds a piece to their backend after getting a great two way center earlier in the draft. Willander is projected as a TOP 4 defenseman and that will be perfect for Philly.
23Logo de Rangers de New York-*Winnipeg* The Jets add a solid playmaking winger in Musty. They are embracing the rebuild at this point.
24Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Oilers d'EdmontonNashville took a promising winger prospect earlier in the first round and decide toill the need at center here grabbing a good grinder style player in Ritchie.
25Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Maple Leafs de Toronto*PHILLY* An extremely overlooked and undervalued player, extremely shilled and Danny B was a smaller guy himself, he takes the risk and grabs a dynamic player here.
26Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Devils du New JerseySan Jose already got Fantilli at fourth overall, never thought i would be saying that at this point, but here we are, now they add a winger who can complement his game.
27Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-The Avs have needs all throughout their prospect pool, it happens when you decide to go all in on the cup, they look to grab a player that can do it all offensively and they scoop up Yager later than most would think.
28Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Bruins de BostonToronto is in need of defensive depth this most of their d-core getting rather old in terms of NHL players, they take Price here to help transition their d-core into the new era of the leafs.
29Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Stars de Dallas
30Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Carolina needs to add some scoring depth and Haltunen can provide that for them, not to mention he is Finnish and the Canes love Fins
31Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Panthers de la FlorideReports are saying a goalie will go late in the first round, it makes sense that Hrabal goes as the first goalie and it makes sense that the Canadians are looking for a goalie of their future.
32Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-They won the cup and end up taking a great winger prospect last in the first round. He is from the neighboring state and can bring a solid middle 6 player to the organization.
RONDE 2ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
33Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-The Ducks skipped out on a center in the first round in order to grab a game changing winger in Michkov. Now they gamble on the undersized Pinelli. He has a ton of skill but lacks the NHL build.
34Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Getting Carlsson is huge for the Blue Jackets franchise and they will only get better by adding a future goalie option, personally I am not too high on Augustine but there are a lot of people out there that think he will be great.
35Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Adding a strong defensive prospect to the organization after letting Caleb Jones walk, makes sense for them now.
36Logo de Sharks de San Jose-The Sharks have addressed their offense up to this point and they make the decision to grab a defenseman that fell a bit in the draft.
37Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Montreal grabs a hometown kid that has a high end offensive ability, will pair nicely with Smith on the second line in the future.
38Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-A stud goaltender for the future of the Yotes, it makes too much sense after they solidified their young forward core early in the draft, now they grab a great goalie prospect.
39Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLong Fall for Stenberg but Buffalo can take players all over so they do not mind adding another center to their prospect pool.
40Logo de Capitals de Washington-The Capitals have addressed a fair share in this draft getting a center prospect from the Wild in the Kuznetsov trade, adding a winger prospect and a top tier defenseman. Now they look for someone that can impact the game in many ways, although Stramel's stock has fallen they take a risk on him for a hopeful high reward.
41Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Detroit is looking at three in a row and they start off taking a player who slipped a bit in the draft, Perron is a hell of player and others just looked over him to this point.
42Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Blues de St-LouisA highly skilled undersized center that played at Michigan where Stecey Y could watch. High levels of talent, just lacking the size most teams want. Yzerman is not afraid of taking smaller players.
43Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Canucks de VancouverAlready has experience against men, is crafty with the puck but needs more time to develop, the Red Wings should have that time to develop him before they are looking to add him to their lineup.
44Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaThe Blackhawks look to add another scoring option here and they do so by bringing in Koehn Ziemmer. He had 40+ goals and assists for Prince George in the WHL last year and is a great scoring option.
45Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Buffalo brings in a right hand defenseman to fill out their already stacked young blue line.
46Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Penguins de PittsburghNashville has back to back picks here and grabs a defenseman that many believe will go in the early second round.
47Logo de Predators de Nashville-A absolute unit in the BCHL last season, needs time to develop but he will be a point getting machine in a few years for the Predators.
48Logo de Flames de Calgary-Another guy that tore up the BCHL, although he had higher point totals than Suniev the Preds took the guy with the bigger frame.
49Logo de Islanders de New York-A slip for Strbak, but the Islanders land a solid defenseman with their first pick in this draft.
50Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Jets de WinnipegSeattle is making a point to draft solid defensive prospects this year and Dvorak is a great shutdown option.
51Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayGood puck moving defenseman that has a lot of room to grow in the coming years will help add stability to the Blackhawks blueline.
52Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Second brother drafted to the same team in this draft first Leonard and now Lind over a point per game with Red Deer this season and adds some depth on the wings for Seattle.
53Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Minnesota's first pick this draft after trading out of the first round gets them a hell of a power forward who can put the puck in the net, give him two to three years and they will have a great bottom to middle 6 power forward on their hands.
54Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-The Kings first pick in this draft lands them with the 2nd line stud of USNTDP. A good all around player that does need time to grow his game but will be a good middle 6 guy when he breaks through.
55Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Rangers de New YorkPlayed a hop skip and a jump away in Flint and brings a solid offensive depth option tot the Blackhawks organization.
56Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-The oilers need wingers in their prospect pool and Kliskinen is one hell of a pick in the later part of the second round, he is good offensively and needs to work on skating, but in a couple seasons he will push for a roster spot.
57Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoAnother underrated Russian player, Rykov was injured this season but he has a high offensive IQ and skates very well, could pan out a lot like Matt Barzal if he is developed correctly.
58Logo de Devils du New Jersey-The Devils have a great young team at the moment with pieces still developing Whitelaw brings some tenacity into the devils room he is smaller but plays big for his size.
59Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Avalanche du ColoradoThe Ducks add to their strong defensive prospect pool with Morin, he will bring the Ducks another offensive defenseman that has the possibility to become a top 4 defenseman.
60Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonPlayed all over last season but was able to notch a goal in the SHL, needs to develop more but will be a good NHL winger.
61Logo de Stars de Dallas-On the smaller side, but he had over a point per game in the MHL and will be able to bring instant offense to the stars when he comes over.
62Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Another Finnish player to the Hurricanes, he adds size and skill, while developing in Liiga Great late second round pick up for the Canes.
63Logo de Panthers de la Floride-Very strong player that is being shown all over the board, many are very high on him in mock drafts and ratings but i feel this is a comfortable spot for him to go, the Panthers add a center prospect witha nose for the net, who is developing against men in the SHL.
64Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Golden Knights de VegasRounding out the second round the wild opt to take Jarventie, he is a playmaking winger that has a great passing game and offers the wild a strong middle to bottom 6 winger option.
23 juin 2023 à 11 h 22
Sabresguy1897
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 628
Great job!
Logicalicesports a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2023 à 11 h 32
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
Boysssss...the "reports" were a text that Jeff Marek got that said "I wouldn't be surprised if GMPV goes against the grain and takes Michkov". That's hardly a report.
23 juin 2023 à 11 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 699
Quoting: Lenny7
Boysssss...the "reports" were a text that Jeff Marek got that said "I wouldn't be surprised if GMPV goes against the grain and takes Michkov". That's hardly a report.

I have seen a couple articles come up and a few insiders talk about it happening. I think it has a chance, hell if I am the Ducks I probably take him.
23 juin 2023 à 11 h 57
Lenny7
Quoting: Logicalicesports
I have seen a couple articles come up and a few insiders talk about it happening. I think it has a chance, hell if I am the Ducks I probably take him.

Meh. I'm 50/50. I want him over Carlsson for sure, but I'd prefer Fantilli. I have no issue waiting until 2026 for him to come over, but the idea that you have zero control over his development for the next 3 years isn't a good thing.

Whoever gets him will (likely) be happy, but I don't buy that he fits a need simply because he doesn't play center. If the Ducks take him, it better be because he's the best player available, not because of his position. Anaheim is in a place where the BPA should be chosen with every pick, regardless of position. Only spot that looks flush with talent is LD, which is a situation they've been in before when a combination of Larsson, Mahura, Guhle and Theodore were all young and inevitably didn't work out and/or were moved (I miss Shea Theodore...)
23 juin 2023 à 12 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Meh. I'm 50/50. I want him over Carlsson for sure, but I'd prefer Fantilli. I have no issue waiting until 2026 for him to come over, but the idea that you have zero control over his development for the next 3 years isn't a good thing.

Whoever gets him will (likely) be happy, but I don't buy that he fits a need simply because he doesn't play center. If the Ducks take him, it better be because he's the best player available, not because of his position. Anaheim is in a place where the BPA should be chosen with every pick, regardless of position. Only spot that looks flush with talent is LD, which is a situation they've been in before when a combination of Larsson, Mahura, Guhle and Theodore were all young and inevitably didn't work out and/or were moved (I miss Shea Theodore...)

Yeah giving up Theodore was a terrible decision by management.

I agree with you where the Ducks should be taking best player, and if you were able to have Michkov here tomorrow, you would be taking him in a heartbeat, so i would say the delay doesn't truly hurt them.
Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2023 à 12 h 31
Lenny7
Yeah giving up Theodore was a terrible decision by management.

I agree with you where the Ducks should be taking best player, and if you were able to have Michkov here tomorrow, you would be taking him in a heartbeat, so i would say the delay doesn't truly hurt them.

Yeah, there's a Ducks thread where I semi-echoed that...I do think Fantilli is the guy that I want, but getting Michkov at 22ish years old on an ELC isn't as bad as some are making it out to be.
23 juin 2023 à 12 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Yeah, there's a Ducks thread where I semi-echoed that...I do think Fantilli is the guy that I want, but getting Michkov at 22ish years old on an ELC isn't as bad as some are making it out to be.

I totally agree, honestly I am not as high on Fantilli as a lot of people are, I think he will be like Byfield personally, like he will be a middle 6 guy but won't live up to a high draft hype, I think Carlsson will be legit, same for Bedard and Michkov. Don;t get me wrong Fantilli is a hell of a hockey player but I feel like outside of college hockey he did not show as much potential as the other options.
23 juin 2023 à 12 h 35
Lenny7
I totally agree, honestly I am not as high on Fantilli as a lot of people are, I think he will be like Byfield personally, like he will be a middle 6 guy but won't live up to a high draft hype, I think Carlsson will be legit, same for Bedard and Michkov. Don;t get me wrong Fantilli is a hell of a hockey player but I feel like outside of college hockey he did not show as much potential as the other options.

I don't know...Byfield had a lot more question marks in that draft, IMO. Fantilli *should* impact the game physically, even if he doesn't score at the rate that I'd hope for.
23 juin 2023 à 12 h 37
Démarrer sujet
I don't know...Byfield had a lot more question marks in that draft, IMO. Fantilli *should* impact the game physically, even if he doesn't score at the rate that I'd hope for.

Yes I do see that being true, but look at Max Jones, has he had the pyshcial impact he was expected to have in the league?
23 juin 2023 à 12 h 44
MNBassman
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,573
Horribly short-sighted deal for the Wild!!
23 juin 2023 à 13 h 42
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,478
I hope Verbeek brings security with him or else you can probably guess what ducks fans will do to him
23 juin 2023 à 14 h 27
Lenny7
Yes I do see that being true, but look at Max Jones, has he had the pyshcial impact he was expected to have in the league?

I think Jones is a bit of a different case, tbh...hasn't managed to stay healthy (Neck/Shoulder injuries galore, which definitely holds back the physicality), and when it comes to scoring, that impact was never really there...He managed a point per game once in the OHL. It was a typical "safe" pick by Bob Murray, at a time when the Ducks were still competitive and needed those "NHL Ready-body" ELC guys that you could plug into the bottom 6 within a couple years of being drafted.
26 juin 2023 à 9 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: MNBassman
Horribly short-sighted deal for the Wild!!

Lapierre coming back to them is suppose to fill that void
26 juin 2023 à 10 h 0
MNBassman
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,573
Lapierre coming back to them is suppose to fill that void

It doesn’t

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options: