Logo de DAL
Logo de WSH
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de NYR
Logo de TBL
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $73 142 624 $0 $505 000 $10 357 376 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
AG, C, AD
RFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance505 000 $$505K)
AG, C
RFA - 1
Bedard, Connor
950 000 $950 000 $
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 650 000 $2 650 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Capitals de Washington
2 850 000 $2 850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
758 333 $758 333 $
AG
RFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Islanders de New York
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 7
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
962 500 $962 500 $
G
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AD
RFA - 1

Unités spéciales

Avantage numérique 1
Bedard, C.
Avantage numérique 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
23 juin 2023 à 3 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 297
I don't get why it's specifically Hawks fans keep proposing that the Caps will pay a 2nd rounder to dump Mantha. Caps fans always say it's not happening, and no other fanbase is so consistently out of touch on Mantha's value, but I swear 9/10 times when I see a Hawks ACGM with a Caps trade it's Mantha + 2nd for nothing. There's some weird hive mind thing going on.
23 juin 2023 à 6 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 83
Quoting: Kalopsia
I don't get why it's specifically Hawks fans keep proposing that the Caps will pay a 2nd rounder to dump Mantha. Caps fans always say it's not happening, and no other fanbase is so consistently out of touch on Mantha's value, but I swear 9/10 times when I see a Hawks ACGM with a Caps trade it's Mantha + 2nd for nothing. There's some weird hive mind thing going on.

Seems to be the going rate for cap Dumps.
23 juin 2023 à 7 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
CHI isn't moving Raddysh for that.
Hawksguy81 a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2023 à 7 h 38

SPECIFICALLY, it was WSH fans who started, and ALSO incessantly post, the Mantha dump trades. They started out with WSH fans thinking they could get something for him, which is ridiculous. And every other fan base knows it too. He is a cap dump, can't stay healthy, he is overpaid, the Caps need cap space, and CHI is one of very few teams that can provide that for them. Those things create leverage. Also, there are studies on what picks are worth, what cap dumps cost, and how actual salary dollar amount effects the price of cap dumps, which CHI fans have used to determine prices. It isn't hive mind. It is being informed, and standing your ground on what cap relief costs. CHI doesn't need other teams garbage. We need assets that our rebuild can benefit from. These Mantha dumps have been going back and forth for months now. So where have you been?
23 juin 2023 à 10 h 1
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 297
Quoting: Garak
SPECIFICALLY, it was WSH fans who started, and ALSO incessantly post, the Mantha dump trades. They started out with WSH fans thinking they could get something for him, which is ridiculous. And every other fan base knows it too. He is a cap dump, can't stay healthy, he is overpaid, the Caps need cap space, and CHI is one of very few teams that can provide that for them. Those things create leverage. Also, there are studies on what picks are worth, what cap dumps cost, and how actual salary dollar amount effects the price of cap dumps, which CHI fans have used to determine prices. It isn't hive mind. It is being informed, and standing your ground on what cap relief costs. CHI doesn't need other teams garbage. We need assets that our rebuild can benefit from. These Mantha dumps have been going back and forth for months now. So where have you been?

Yes, most Caps fans think he's a cap dump. I don't agree, but he's one of those players who becomes a fanbase's whipping boy. For what it's worth, the local Caps media person with actual connections, Tarik El-Bashir, thinks the same way I do - he's available, but they won't pay to get rid of him. From a Q&A earlier this month:

Quote:
Is the ticket price to offload Anthony Mantha (paying a good chunk of his salary and adding a sweetener) steeper than just keeping him, hoping the new coach turns out to be an Anthony Whisperer and, at worst, a depth guy who covers for injuries and rest? I.e., are we stuck with Mantha? — Scott P.

I suspect the Caps are going to make an attempt to move Mantha this offseason. But, like Kuznetsov, I don’t see MacLellan making a deal just to dump his salary. (I also don’t see them buying him out, for what it’s worth.)

No Caps fan though, and no other fanbase, thinks he'll cost a 2nd rounder to dump. Here's the last few offers by non-Caps or Hawks fans where Mantha's the main part of the deal (I'm leaving out ones where he's part of a trade up to #5 for example, since it's too muddied to determine exactly how he's being valued).

To the Avs with 700K returned for the 2024 COL 4th

To the Habs with the Caps' 2023 and 2024 4ths for no return

To the Canucks with the Caps' 2023 2nd and 2024 4th for Brock Boeser

To the Leafs with 1M in retention for no return

To the Habs for Mike Hoffman (1.5M retained) and Rem Pitlick

To the Habs with the Caps' 2023 2nd for Rem Pitlick and the Habs' 2023 3rd (OP comments on the trade, "might be a reach")

As bizarre as it is to say, I've found Leafs, Habs, and Canucks fans to be much more reasonable in their offers for Mantha than Hawks fans have been. The Hawks are the only fanbase that keeps doing Mantha + 2nd for nothing despite Caps fans saying every time that it's not happening.

If you've got studies on cap dumps feel free to post them. It'll be interesting to see how the players involved compare to Mantha. Over his time with the Caps Mantha has 58 points in 118 games, which is a 40 point pace. He's only gotten second unit powerplay time, so almost all of that came at even strength. His 5 on 5 P/60 is 1.73, which puts him in the same neighborhood as Tyler Seguin, Bo Horvat, and Logan Couture. His 53.3 SAT% is the second highest amongst Caps forwards over the last three seasons (min 82 GP), and despite how lazy he might look on the ice the advanced stats have said he's good defensively every time I've seen them. Put it all together and that's a strong third-line winger. Is that worth a 5.7M cap hit? Obviously not, but that's his floor. Even if he doesn't bounce back, a player like that can be moved at the deadline with retention for a pick or two. If he's on pace for 30 goals come the next deadline, he could return a 1st. Personally I think the Caps will just keep him and see how he does under Carbery. The Caps aren't at all desperate for cap space except in unrealistic ACGMs where they trade for or sign 3 top 6 forwards.
Garak a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2023 à 19 h 21
Yes, most Caps fans think he's a cap dump. I don't agree, but he's one of those players who becomes a fanbase's whipping boy. For what it's worth, the local Caps media person with actual connections, Tarik El-Bashir, thinks the same way I do - he's available, but they won't pay to get rid of him. From a Q&A earlier this month:

No Caps fan though, and no other fanbase, thinks he'll cost a 2nd rounder to dump. Here's the last few offers by non-Caps or Hawks fans where Mantha's the main part of the deal (I'm leaving out ones where he's part of a trade up to #5 for example, since it's too muddied to determine exactly how he's being valued).

To the Avs with 700K returned for the 2024 COL 4th

To the Habs with the Caps' 2023 and 2024 4ths for no return

To the Canucks with the Caps' 2023 2nd and 2024 4th for Brock Boeser

To the Leafs with 1M in retention for no return

To the Habs for Mike Hoffman (1.5M retained) and Rem Pitlick

To the Habs with the Caps' 2023 2nd for Rem Pitlick and the Habs' 2023 3rd (OP comments on the trade, "might be a reach")

As bizarre as it is to say, I've found Leafs, Habs, and Canucks fans to be much more reasonable in their offers for Mantha than Hawks fans have been. The Hawks are the only fanbase that keeps doing Mantha + 2nd for nothing despite Caps fans saying every time that it's not happening.

If you've got studies on cap dumps feel free to post them. It'll be interesting to see how the players involved compare to Mantha. Over his time with the Caps Mantha has 58 points in 118 games, which is a 40 point pace. He's only gotten second unit powerplay time, so almost all of that came at even strength. His 5 on 5 P/60 is 1.73, which puts him in the same neighborhood as Tyler Seguin, Bo Horvat, and Logan Couture. His 53.3 SAT% is the second highest amongst Caps forwards over the last three seasons (min 82 GP), and despite how lazy he might look on the ice the advanced stats have said he's good defensively every time I've seen them. Put it all together and that's a strong third-line winger. Is that worth a 5.7M cap hit? Obviously not, but that's his floor. Even if he doesn't bounce back, a player like that can be moved at the deadline with retention for a pick or two. If he's on pace for 30 goals come the next deadline, he could return a 1st. Personally I think the Caps will just keep him and see how he does under Carbery. The Caps aren't at all desperate for cap space except in unrealistic ACGMs where they trade for or sign 3 top 6 forwards.

That's fair. But this time of year doesn't count. This is the time of year when all the casuals come out of the woodwork and, after months and months of discussion, debate, and compromise, make awful proposals that do not align with the consensus realities of a given team or players situation. But, maybe you and Tarik are right and the Caps can get him going. But, I feel like they've seen enough to know what they get from him, though. He is injured constantly and has massively underperformed in comparison to his contract. I think there will be some urgency with WSH because of their aging core and missing the playoffs this past season.

Here's some links I've been using over the last few months to help evaluate pick and cap dump values:

https://soundofhockey.com/2022/06/06/examining-the-value-of-nhl-draft-picks/
https://theathletic.com/1798463/2020/06/12/by-the-numbers-revisiting-the-true-value-of-a-draft-pick/
https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/2023-trade-deadline-countdown-which-teams-will-be-third-party-money-brokers

You can just look through trade history to make comparisons, as well. There are also some pretty unique circumstances this summer specifically that, I believe, has the potential to inflate the cost of cap space. "Cap dumps as a service" I like to call it. There are lots of cap strapped teams who are in situations where they need to win now, as well as very few teams who can provide that cap space, and, of course, the flat cap due to the pandemic. But, it is also a pretty small window to take advantage of if the cap is truly going to increase significantly for the 24-25 season. So teams like CHI also don't want to overplay their hand and end up not getting the assets they need for their rebuild or retool, depending on the team. I still believe CHI has a majority of the leverage in these types of deals, but who knows what will happen. I think that OEL buyout was VAN saying "screw you. we aren't paying." to teams like CHI. So that is a decision each team will have to make for themselves. I don't think Davidson is actively trying to squeeze teams, but he has made it quite clear what he is capable of and willing to do, for the right price.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage