Forums/Armchair-GM

HockeyBuzz 2023 Draft Im picking for STL

Créé par: aecliptic
Équipe: 2023-24 Blues de St-Louis
Date de création initiale: 16 juin 2023
Publié: 16 juin 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
What positions are most needed? Are there any kids at 10 you guys like?
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de STL
Logo de DAL
Logo de TOR
Logo de STL
Logo de OTT
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de TOR
Logo de STL
Logo de NYR
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1883 500 000 $75 993 333 $20 000 $0 $7 506 667 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 8
8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
AD
UFA - 8
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 5
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
835 833 $835 833 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 4
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 4
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 4
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 7
3 275 000 $3 275 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 juin 2023 à 21 h 7
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 55
1. Reinbacher
2. Benson
3. Moore
4. Dvorsky
These are my top 4 picks that could be available at 10
xercuses et jwg314 a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 21 h 21
Démarrer sujet
aecliptic
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,284
Quoting: Goblues_Gocanucks
1. Reinbacher
2. Benson
3. Moore
4. Dvorsky

That looks about on par with what I was thinking. Just wasnt sure between D and C which was more crucial or if Reinbacher was just so darn good that it doesnt matter and he has to be drafted regardless.
xercuses a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 21 h 22
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,403
Blues need a top 6 center and defensive prospects.

Logical options at 10:
Michkov (if there)
Reinbacher
Moore
Dvorsky
Willander

HM: Danielson, Honzek, Benson, Simashev (10 is a little high for all but Benson, Benson seems like a Blues pick but we are deepest at wing on the roster and with prospects ((Snuggerud, Neighbors, Bolduc)) and probably wouldn’t prioritize there.) However, they usually take BPA regardless.

25/29 pick options:
Ritchie
Simashev (doubtful he falls)
Bonk

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them move back and get a couple of 2nds for one of the picks for this draft with 25 or 29. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see them move one for a guy like Hanifin.
xercuses a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 21 h 26
Xercuses
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,616
1. Reinbacher
2. Benson
3. Moore
4. Dvorsky

Quoting: AC14

Logical options at 10:
Michkov (if there)
Reinbacher
Moore
Dvorsky
Willander

HM: Danielson, Honzek, Benson, Simashev (10 is a little high for all but Benson, Benson seems like a Blues pick but we are deepest at wing on the roster and with prospects ((Snuggerud, Neighbors, Bolduc)) and probably wouldn’t prioritize there.) However, they usually take BPA regardless.

25/29 pick options:
Ritchie
Bonk

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them move back and get a couple of 2nds for one of the picks for this draft with 25 or 29. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see them move one for a guy like Hanifin.

100 percent and then maybe ASP with a later pick?
16 juin 2023 à 21 h 32
Démarrer sujet
aecliptic

Logical options at 10:
Michkov (if there)
Reinbacher
Moore
Dvorsky
Willander

25/29 pick options:
Ritchie
Bonk

If trading was an option this year in the HB draft, Id likely try to trade one of 25 or 29 and move up. Especially if Reinbacher falls to 10. Id feel like, if the option is there, the smartest thing is to load up on C. This is the draft to do it.

Maybe move up with 25 and move back with 29? Really want to maximize as much as possible in this draft.
16 juin 2023 à 21 h 39
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 502
What is with all you guys regarding Benson as a winger? he can play center. my list (assuming bedard, fantilli, michkov, carlsson and smith are top 5)

1.. Benson
2. Moore
3. Reinbacher
4. Leonard
5. Dvorsky
16 juin 2023 à 21 h 48
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,359
Quoting: Blues4TheCup
What is with all you guys regarding Benson as a winger? he can play center. my list (assuming bedard, fantilli, michkov, carlsson and smith are top 5)

1.. Benson
2. Moore
3. Reinbacher
4. Leonard
5. Dvorsky

"Can play center" in a temporary pinch while in juniors does not make him a C, let alone someone who will be capable of playing C in the NHL. He's a winger that got moved over out of dire necessity. And I straight up have no idea why any Blues fan would want him at #10, let alone put him as the top choice for that pick. I'm utterly baffled.
16 juin 2023 à 21 h 53
mokumboi
My priority list for the #10 pick (a ka the correct one tears of joy ):

1-2 = Reinbacher or Moore. I'll leave it up to you which one should be tops, but Reinbacjer almost certainly will not be around when the Blues pick, so... there ya go.
3-4-5-6 = Leonard or Dvorsky or Danielson or trade down 2-3 spots and then hopefully take Danielson. Again, dealer's choice. Nobody should be upset over getting any of these five players.

What the Blues do not need or want at #10:

Wingers
Slow wingers
Small wingers
Small and slow wingers
Small and average speed wingers
Pass first wingers
Small pass first wingers
Small Dmen who cannot defend

That about sums it up.
16 juin 2023 à 21 h 57
Démarrer sujet
aecliptic
Quoting: mokumboi

1-2 = Reinbacher or Moore. I'll leave it up to you which one should be tops, but Reinbacjer almost certainly will not be around when the Blues pick, so... there ya go.
3-4-5-6 = Leonard or Dvorsky or Danielson or trade down 2-3 spots and then hopefully take Danielson. Again, dealer's choice. Nobody should be upset over getting any of these five players.

Wingers
Slow wingers
Small wingers
Small and slow wingers
Pass first wingers
Small pass first wingers

I never expected Reinbacher to be there so I was always leaning towards Moore. After looking at the team felt like he filled the biggest need. But was curious to see various opinions on the draft.
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 22 h 8
mokumboi
Quoting: aecliptic
I never expected Reinbacher to be there so I was always leaning towards Moore. After looking at the team felt like he filled the biggest need. But was curious to see various opinions on the draft.

You are DEFINITELY thinking clearly and on the right track, sir. Godspeed.
16 juin 2023 à 22 h 23
If trading was an option this year in the HB draft, Id likely try to trade one of 25 or 29 and move up. Especially if Reinbacher falls to 10. Id feel like, if the option is there, the smartest thing is to load up on C. This is the draft to do it.

Maybe move up with 25 and move back with 29? Really want to maximize as much as possible in this draft.

I’m just not sure how realistic it would be to move up, or really how worth it it would be. This class is absolutely loaded and unless somehow you move 25 up to 15 or so it’s probably not worth it. I personally have high hopes for Ritchie and think he’ll be there at 25. The cost of moving up to that 15 would probably take 25 and 29 tbh and unless a mid 2nd was also thrown in I’m not sure it’s worth it.

Moving from 29 down to say 44 and 55 with Chicago (if it were a different team) could pay immense dividends. Seattle at like 50 and 52 wouldn’t be bad either. Detroit obviously at 41-43 If they’d move up there to 29 for two of those 2nds seems like a no brainer to me. There’s at least 50 very very solid prospects in this draft and minimizing risk of development going south may be a great idea there.

A lot of options. Really hard to predict. Main thing for STL this draft is we HAVE to hit on #10 at C or D. We never get this opportunity and I don’t think Doug wants it again.
16 juin 2023 à 22 h 26
Démarrer sujet
aecliptic
I’m just not sure how realistic it would be to move up, or really how worth it it would be. This class is absolutely loaded and unless somehow you move 25 up to 15 or so it’s probably not worth it. I personally have high hopes for Ritchie and think he’ll be there at 25. The cost of moving up to that 15 would probably take 25 and 29 tbh and unless a mid 2nd was also thrown in I’m not sure it’s worth it.

Moving from 29 down to say 44 and 55 with Chicago (if it were a different team) could pay immense dividends. Seattle at like 50 and 52 wouldn’t be bad either. Detroit obviously at 41-43 If they’d move up there to 29 for two of those 2nds seems like a no brainer to me. There’s at least 50 very very solid prospects in this draft and minimizing risk of development going south may be a great idea there.

A lot of options. Really hard to predict. Main thing for STL this draft is we HAVE to hit on #10 at C or D. We never get this opportunity and I don’t think Doug wants it again.

Thats why I was wondering if Reinbacher does happen to fall, is he that much of an absolute must draft. Seems like he has #1 D potential.

Also yea this draft is so deep that guys going into the 2nd round are 1st round picks in other drafts.

Cost to move up could be too much for a player marginally better in such a deep draft.
16 juin 2023 à 22 h 37
Démarrer sujet
aecliptic
BTW with how anemic the Rangers C development is, I fully expect them to take Ritchie at 23 if hes there.
16 juin 2023 à 23 h 56
Démarrer sujet
aecliptic

Logical options at 10:
Michkov (if there)
Reinbacher
Moore
Dvorsky
Willander

25/29 pick options:
Ritchie
Bonk

I looked into Bonk and the one thing that makes me very apprehensive about him is the unanimous scouting report says his skating ability is below average. In todays hockey, defensemen have to be the best skaters out there. Although he has very high hockey IQ, I feel sometimes its not enough if you can think it but cant execute it at the speed it needs to be done.

Maybe with the second of the later 1st round picks but with 25 Id probably look to double down on C if someone worth while is there. Honzek, Ritchie or Bradley.
17 juin 2023 à 0 h 29
Ghost
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 24
Whomever we draft I hope its someone with Kyrou in mind. Bolduc is going to wind up with Thomas and Buch. Snuggerud and Kyrou with a high speed/skill player could be deadly.

1. Moore
2. Benson
3. Leonard
4. Reinbacher
5. Willander

Any of these players at 10 I'm happy. I would prefer to go forward over defense but Reinbacher and Willander fill fit into the team.
17 juin 2023 à 2 h 14
I looked into Bonk and the one thing that makes me very apprehensive about him is the unanimous scouting report says his skating ability is below average. In todays hockey, defensemen have to be the best skaters out there. Although he has very high hockey IQ, I feel sometimes its not enough if you can think it but cant execute it at the speed it needs to be done.

Maybe with the second of the later 1st round picks but with 25 Id probably look to double down on C if someone worth while is there. Honzek, Ritchie or Bradley.

Strback is a decent substitute there. I just think that London Knights Program generally develops well and they usually have a good relationship with GMs so alot of GMs have a better feel for those players.

There's that 2nd end tier of defenseman who look more like projects after Reinbacher/Willander/Simashev/ASP. I tend to personally lean towards ASP being in that second grouping because he reminds me alot of a Soderstrom or Boqvist versus a Dahlin/Karlsson.
17 juin 2023 à 2 h 29
Démarrer sujet
aecliptic
Strback is a decent substitute there. I just think that London Knights Program generally develops well and they usually have a good relationship with GMs so alot of GMs have a better feel for those players.

There's that 2nd end tier of defenseman who look more like projects after Reinbacher/Willander/Simashev/ASP. I tend to personally lean towards ASP being in that second grouping because he reminds me alot of a Soderstrom or Boqvist versus a Dahlin/Karlsson.

The one thing with Bonk is he has decent size (compared to the smaller puck movers in that late 1st projections) and will still grow a bit. If he can use his size and hockey IQ to make up for what he lacks in speed by being ahead of the play, that would be an ideal situation.
17 juin 2023 à 2 h 35
The one thing with Bonk is he has decent size (compared to the smaller puck movers in that late 1st projections) and will still grow a bit. If he can use his size and hockey IQ to make up for what he lacks in speed by being ahead of the play, that would be an ideal situation.

That's kind of why i lean Strbak/Bonk in that area. However, I think the Blues would prefer a Left shot defenseman for the pipeline. But i think Both are a bit ahead of Molendyk and also I'm not to sure of a guy like Lindstein or Dvorak
17 juin 2023 à 8 h 0
aldore
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 54
Michkov and Reinbacher will likely be gone but would be awesome. I personally lean Danielson over Moore but would be happy with either. Dvorsky would be alright with me. Willander at 10 may be a little rich for me but I wouldn’t be too disappointed. I wouldn’t mind trading back to 13/14 range if we could get a second if the first players are gone because one of those 4 will still be there. I also would love Simashev and think he might end up being the best D from this draft. At later picks, Ritchie and Edstrom would be solid C pickups later. Bonk and Molendyk wouldn’t upset me. We don’t need wingers but if we take them at any point, But, Musty, Leornard, Benson
17 juin 2023 à 17 h 30
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 55
Quoting: mokumboi

Wingers
Slow wingers
Small wingers
Small and slow wingers
Pass first wingers
Small pass first wingers

That about sums it up.

Forget it for Danielson he just isn't it I really hope that we don't draft him it would be a major mistakes at 10
17 juin 2023 à 18 h 51
mokumboi
Forget it for Danielson he just isn't it I really hope that we don't draft him it would be a major mistakes at 10

Major mistake how? He's one of the highest floor players in the draft, and a lot like ROR, except faster and meaner.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage