Forums/Armchair-GM

Prepare for 2025-2026

Créé par: MnWildFan
Équipe: 2023-24 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 22 mai 2023
Publié: 22 mai 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I really think the plan is 2025-2026 for the Minnesota Wild. Dead cap goes away and a bunch of the prospects in the system should be ready to make the NHL team. I kinda look at it like what Colorado did except instead of having a punch of high picks, you have a bunch of mid/late picks and kinda hope you get quantity over quality. If the Wild really wanna do this I think it should start this off-season, but some of these trades will be done in a year or two.

I'm not sure the exact value the Wild get for most of their guys but I'll be focusing on who the Wild should look to trade and when.

Every player not traded I see the Wild trying to bring back for some role in the 2025-2026 season. I added prospects who I think could be ready for 25-26 and what their role might be on the team. Only time will tell so a couple of these guys probably don't live up to the hype and some others may exceed expectations.

The real question I have is do the Wild want to kinda compete like they did this year and see if they somehow pull a miracle and win a cup or possibly retool with a bunch of young guys getting lots of ice time so they can have better picks and more experience (for young guys like Rossi, Beckman, etc) for 2025-2026. Imo they should really go for it 2025-2026 because I don't see how they can win a cup with this current roster and 14.75 million in dead cap.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
11 250 000 $
11 000 000 $
12 500 000 $
14 000 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Khusnutdinov, Marat
1950 000 $
Yurov, Danila
1950 000 $
Transactions
MIN
    Traded this off-season probably to a team that wants to get a little tougher and is looking to get some rentals for the year for a playoff push. Foligno's play really took a hit this year as we expected, but I think it was worse than we were hoping for. His spot could open up the door for a guy like Rossi/Beckman/etc to get regular playing time in the NHL.
    MIN
      Who the heck do you trade Zuccy to? With his 6 million cap hit it's gotta be a team not cap strapped and I don't know who that is and isn't. But Zuccy is on the last year of his deal and really struggled the second part of the season. Ya, it probably wouldn't please Kirill but the Wild would have 3 years to find him a new best friend, and I think that could be Boldy. Boldy jumps up to the 1st, and like Foligno, a spot opens up to play good minutes with Johansson and Eriksson Ek.
      MIN
        This trade would happen at the deadline of 24-25 season, so no point in guessing who'd he go to. Back to the Caps on here lol. I don't see him being a part of the 25-26 team so you trade him to a team looking to make a push and get some assets for him while you can. With his cap hit only being 2 million I don't see any issues there so that's a positive.
        MIN
          Could the Wild shop around Hartman this off-season/next trade deadline? He's fantastic for the Wild because of his cap hit but it could also be the reason he gets traded. If a team cap strapped wants a quality player, Hartman's probably at the top of their list if he's available. I don't think this happens but if the Wild really are committed to 25-26 I think they should explore some trades.
          MIN
            This has been talked about so much it's almost a guarantee at this point. Goligoski is traded wherever to create cap space for the Wild this year. Quack Quack the Goose goes.
            MIN
              2025-2026 would be Jared Spurgeon's 36 year old season with 2 years left on his contract counting 25-26. Until Spurgeon loses a step I don't think the Wild even consider trading him, but if he does at some point in the next couple seasons I could see the Wild trading him away so they can use his money elsewhere so they can really go for it in 2025-2026. Maybe Faber gets his money?
              MIN
                Fleury traded at the deadline? It would give Wallstedt all of this year, and half of next year to be ready for the NHL. Also this relies on the Wild resigning RFA Gustavsson so there isn't too much pressure on Wallstedt to come in and be the starter right away. This would allow Wallstedt to have a couple years of experience before the 2025-2026 season.
                MIN
                  I don't see Merrill being traded, I see him and the Wild just parting ways when his contract ends. But maybe a guy like Lambos or Hunt is ready to take his spot and the Wild trade Merrill away just so they get some value.
                  MIN
                    It feels like Addison and the Wild are on completely different pages so I see the Wild trading him away so they can get a fresh start on a pick/prospect that could be ready for 25-26.
                    Rachats de contrats
                    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
                    Logo de MIN
                    Logo de MIN
                    Logo de VGK
                    Logo de MIN
                    Logo de MIN
                    Logo de MIN
                    Logo de MIN
                    Logo de MIN
                    Logo de MIN
                    Logo de MIN
                    Logo de BUF
                    Logo de MIN
                    Logo de MIN
                    Logo de MIN
                    Logo de MIN
                    Logo de MIN
                    Logo de TOR
                    Logo de MIN
                    Logo de MIN
                    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
                    2183 500 000 $63 428 587 $0 $1 902 500 $20 071 413 $
                    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
                    Logo de Wild du Minnesota
                    9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
                    AG
                    UFA - 3
                    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
                    C
                    RFA - 2
                    7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
                    AD, AG
                    UFA - 7
                    894 167 $894 167 $
                    AG
                    RFA - 1
                    5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
                    C
                    UFA - 6
                    Yurov, Danila
                    950 000 $950 000 $
                    918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance475 000 $$475K)
                    AG
                    RFA - 3
                    2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
                    C, AG
                    M-NTC
                    UFA - 5
                    Khusnutdinov, Marat
                    950 000 $950 000 $
                    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
                    AG, C
                    RFA - 1
                    800 000 $800 000 $
                    AG, C
                    RFA - 1
                    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
                    AD, AG
                    UFA - 1
                    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
                    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
                    DG
                    NMC
                    UFA - 5
                    925 000 $925 000 $
                    DD
                    RFA - 2
                    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
                    G
                    UFA - 3
                    863 333 $863 333 $
                    DG
                    RFA - 3
                    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
                    G
                    RFA - 2
                    2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
                    DG
                    UFA - 2
                    862 500 $862 500 $ (Bonis de performance12 500 $$12K)
                    DD
                    RFA - 3
                    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
                    855 000 $855 000 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
                    AD, AG
                    RFA - 1
                    828 333 $828 333 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
                    DG
                    RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
                    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
                    22 mai 2023 à 9 h 15
                    Wild2025
                    Rejoint: mars 2023
                    Mentions "j'aime": 34
                    You're assuming all of these picks will be NHL ready for 2024-25. Personally, unless you can fleece someone for Hartman you try to sign him. He's likely increasing his salary after 2023-24 since he's probably the most underpaid guy in the league right now. Because Guerin appears to really appreciate what he brings and if he is healthy and productive next season I see no reason not to re-sign him. Maybe 5 years x $5m.
                    22 mai 2023 à 11 h 38
                    Future Ducks legend
                    Rejoint: juin 2022
                    Mentions "j'aime": 6,902
                    I don't think Goligoski or Fleury move on account of their full NMC. You can't even pull a McDonough on them.
                    22 mai 2023 à 12 h 21
                    Rejoint: mai 2021
                    Mentions "j'aime": 1,922
                    Quoting: GiggywithGibby
                    I don't think Goligoski or Fleury move on account of their full NMC. You can't even pull a McDonough on them.

MAF is definitely not going anywhere - he's outright said it. But Goligoski may be moved. It's been well-reported that he just wants to play and would likely be open to waiving. Problem will be finding a trade partner - I mean realistically who is gonna take him on at 2M for a year and actually have a consistent spot for him?

Seems like his options are gonna be limited if he really doesn't wanna eat popcorn in MN.
                    23 mai 2023 à 3 h 0
                    Démarrer sujet
                    MnWildFan
                    Rejoint: mai 2022
                    Mentions "j'aime": 8
                    Quoting: Jeffrey4649
                    You're assuming all of these picks will be NHL ready for 2024-25. Personally, unless you can fleece someone for Hartman you try to sign him. He's likely increasing his salary after 2023-24 since he's probably the most underpaid guy in the league right now. Because Guerin appears to really appreciate what he brings and if he is healthy and productive next season I see no reason not to re-sign him. Maybe 5 years x $5m.

I'm assuming these are the guys that could be ready for the 24-25 or 25-26 season. Some of the rookies won't be ready and/or won't live up to the hype, but that's when the Wild spend their money so they can bring in established players. I'm just pointing out the guys who have the most potential to be ready. Like Spacek on the 3rd line. He was a 5th round pick so I don't expect him to make the NHL, but he was great at the World Juniors so who knows. That's a spot I expect the Wild are gonna have to spend some money in free agency to fill. As for Hartman, I don't know if he gets paid with us. He's been great but he's only been great with Kirill and Zuccy really. And I think the Wild want a better #1 center than that. The real question is if he can perform on the 2nd and 3rd line, if he can I think he stays. But if not I could see his being let go in favor of other options.
                    23 mai 2023 à 3 h 6
                    Démarrer sujet
                    MnWildFan
                    Rejoint: mai 2022
                    Mentions "j'aime": 8
                    Quoting: GiggywithGibby

Ya, half of these trades I don't expect to happen. But it wouldn't take me by surprise if they do happen. I see Fleury and Gustavsson being the goalies for 23-24 and then Gustavsson and Wallstedt for 24-25. As for Goose I think it kinda depends on if he wants to play more. He'd be a #7 defenseman here in Minnesota or he could head to a team that would give him more playing time. I see him heading to a team he's wanted rather than staying on a team he isn't wanted because of his cap hit.

Répondre
                    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
                    Question:
                    Options:
                    Ajouter une option
                    Soumettre le sondage