Forums/Armchair-GM

2023 Draft Potential Habs plan that could happen

Créé par: michaeldym
Équipe: 2024-25 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 12 mai 2023
Publié: 12 mai 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
In 2023: The Habs will make their splash, financially, by signing Cole Caufield to an 8 year deal. He does want a lot of money, and if I am Hughes, I don't let him get over 9M, you need to stay between 8.75 and 8. Ideally it would be good to get him where Suzuki's AAV is, but I doubt that will happen based on the negotiations. He is very good, elite shot, sense, and skill, and the Habs are not going to lose this potential future 50 goal scorer.

The draft will be interesting. Assuming they do NOT trade up with the 5th pick to get a center, I have a feeling they just won't take Michkov. The only risk he poses to me is that he won't come over, which never happens. With everything happening from his father being found dead to what is happening in Russia, I can see why there is concern, but Kaprizov is here, other russian players are coming. Many come and go during the off-season, etc. We should take him, but I just feel well take Reinbacher. He is very good, I just do not know if it is worth it at 5. Arizona is going to take him or Pelikka, and they pick at 6. You have to believe they would not be as stubborn as MTL and take Michkov at 5. Anyways, Reinbacher would be a great fit here, he could play top minutes, he can move, contribute offensively, be a physical presence, etc. He could pan out to be like a Mo Seider, and we all know that a RHD like him is coveted by so many teams.

A Jake Evans trade feels inevitable. I do not think he is bad, I just think time is up in MTL and we could gain a mid round pick for him. The Avs come to mind here, as I think they need to replenish their depth, and Evans, a player who can fit in a bottom 6 role, can kill Penalties and maybe develop into something more in Colorado.

Edmundson, Dvorak, Armia, Allen trades are all explained below, as well as Dubois.

However, the Dubois contract is 7x7.85. Look, it could easily be a lot higher, but I do not know if it will. He is very good, and talented, but he has not reached 80 points, 30 goals, etc in a season. To this point, Niether has Cole Caufield, however Nick Suzuki has been on bad teams for the main part of his young career, and you can argue he has produced better at this point then Dubois did. Suzuki and Dubois both under 8 would be key to win a championship, or rather extend that window once it opens. I could see him getting 8x8, 8x8.5, 6x9 (I hope not), but for now even if he does get more, the Habs will still have over 11M ideally in cap space. Mind you Saros will be due and the Habs are gonna have to put aside money for him, as well as Slafkovsky, Guhle, Hutson, and Reinbacher's ELCs expiring into RFA's not long after, and Dach also requiring a new contract. So the space will have to be used wisely. David Savard will also be expiring by then which should add space, and the cap should be rising too. If the Habs follow this plan, I think they will be well on their way to contending, and then becoming a Stanley Cup threat with more trade additions and signings.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 850 000 $
1950 000 $
1920 000 $
31 250 000 $
1970 000 $
21 780 000 $
2880 000 $
77 850 000 $
1785 000 $
1785 000 $
1900 000 $
2875 000 $
88 650 000 $
1835 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
33 000 000 $
1875 000 $
1925 000 $
13 500 000 $
1900 000 $
2950 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Hutson, Lane
3875 000 $
Reinbacher, David
3950 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (COL)
COL
  1. Evans, Jake
Détails additionnels:
this trade will be done in 2023/ or 2024 off season
MTL
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (DAL)
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2025 (DAL)
Détails additionnels:
Condition on 4th, If DAL Makes WCF in 2023-2024, 5th Rounder turns into a 4th in 2026. If DAL Makes SCF in 2023-2024, 5th Rounder becomes a 3rd in 2024
DAL
  1. Edmundson, Joel
Détails additionnels:
This trade will happen at the deadline in 2023-2024 season. I think before assuming what the market will be, it is fair to get a 2nd guaranteed. Eddy could be a steady presence for the Stars, and adds experience and pedigree to a team with a younger core. He could be a rental, and that is why asking for a first is a lot without knowing the true market.
MTL
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (OTT)
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2025 (OTT)
OTT
  1. Dvorak, Christian
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (MTL)
Détails additionnels:
Ottawa could add a veteran like Dvorak. His game has honestly progressed on side of the puck. Offensively, hes been meh, but Ottawa has a ton of primary threats, and Dvo being a secondary or 3rd level threat is a great thing to have. I do not think the Habs will want to retain the 2 years (AT THE TIME), which is why a 2nd and 4th for Dvo and some draft capital allows the Habs to gain cap flexibility and Ottawa to add to their depth.
MTL
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (CBJ)
SJS
  1. Armia, Joel
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (MTL)
Détails additionnels:
The Habs since 2021, had GREAT winger depth. However, with their rebuild taking its time and with players signed with term such as Armia, Hoffman, Anderson, Gallagher, etc, they take up spots for roster players. A 3rd is generous, especially if he has 1 year left, this should be enough to make a deal happen. Armia is incredibly underrated, although being sluggish the last 2 years since the 2021 SCF Run. He can be flipped at retained salary for SJ to acquire a premium asset in return. MTL Alleviates Money, but it really alleviates a winger spot, as 2/4 RW are filled by Anderson and Gallagher.
MTL
  1. Dubois, Pierre-Luc [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (WPG)
Détails additionnels:
3rd here is fair to throw in for Harris. Habs have a plethora of D Talent, and could get an additional asset with Dubois. I say this Trade is fair if it gets to a Trade situation. Jets will need to do whatever it takes to get something good out of a walking Dubois, regardless if it means adding additional assets.
WPG
  1. Harris, Jordan
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (CGY)
Détails additionnels:
I do think the Habs should wait until FA for Dubois, however he isn't a FA on here yet so let's just create a trade. I think the Jets have ZERO leverage. However, they'll get a very good offer. I do think Calgary has one more shot to go for the Cup before salary becomes a problem to re-sign Lindholm, etc. This pick is going to be very valuable in 2025. If I am the Canadiens, I am making this pick TOP 8 protected. That should be their condition (or top 10, depends on negotiation). Harris is going to be a very reliable puck mover, and the Jets at this point may be trading guys like Scheifele, Connor, etc for their rebuild which seems on the horizon. The Habs have an influx of Young D and veterans too. Harris feels expendable and the Jets would love to slot him into their top 4, who could play PP and PK. Dubois will be a huge add for the Habs, they need another Center and he will be play behind or above Suzuki. Regardless, he could be what the Habs have needed for a long time, and he also is a hometown kid, a Quebecer (hope he does not pan out like Drouin lol). However, I prefer the Habs wait till FA, as it seems like Dubois will ignore any offer for the Habs.
MTL
  1. Saros, Juuse
Détails additionnels:
This only happpens if Nashville actually decides to rebuild. It is an idea, but their core is aging and I do not know if they have the right pieces to win. They used to, but now they are in a tough spot and if you wanna pay Saros big money for big term, hell waste years away in Nashville and they will just have a large contract sitting on their books. The Florida first is a good start, Mesar is a good shifty, smart, playmaker, and he can get an opportunity in Nashville based on my roster build of the Habs. Saros is very good and will get paid wherever. He has proven to be one of the elite goalies, and Nashville will not want to lose him for nothing if he does not want to sign or Nashville does not give him his money. The 2027 1st rounder should be top 11 protected, as I do not think it is fair for them to lets say have a bad year, and give up a great shot at 1st overall for a goalie, while already adding a 1st round talent and a 1st in 2023 (FLA)/
NSH
  1. Mesar, Filip
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (FLA)
  3. Choix de 7e ronde en 2025 (MTL)
Détails additionnels:
**THE 7TH IS A 2027 PROTECTED 1ST ROUND PICK**
MTL
  1. Biro, Brandon [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (BUF)
Détails additionnels:
I think this is an extremely good trade for both teams. I threw in an AHL forward because I need one to fill up the minors. The big piece here is going to Buffalo, Jake Allen. He has shared the net every year in Montreal basically, and has also been relied upon to eat tough nights for a growing MTL team. Buffalo has their goalie of the future in Levi, and as that young team also grows, Veteran's will be added. Allen can be a cheap (at a retained salary which MTL can do in his last year/or at deadline), reliable, mentor for Levi and the young Sabres. I do not like Luukkonen as their backup either. I think Allen will be helpful, and can help them win games when called upon. His recent numbers are absolutely shadowed by poor teams in MTL, but his overall level of play is high, and can provide that and contribute to Buffalo's success. A 2nd going back is fair, at Allen's age, which he will be 33 or 34 when this deal takes place, he will still be a valuable player for Buffalo, and they can re-sign him for less money too if they need too.
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de PIT
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de CBJ
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de COL
Logo de DAL
Logo de OTT
Logo de WPG
Logo de MTL
Logo de COL
Logo de SJS
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de BUF
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de OTT
Logo de MTL
Logo de DAL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $70 812 500 $1 022 500 $4 057 500 $12 687 500 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
8 650 000 $8 650 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 7
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 6
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
C
UFA - 7
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
835 000 $835 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
853 333 $853 333 $ (Bonis de performance80 000 $$80K)
C
RFA - 3
897 500 $897 500 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
1 780 000 $1 780 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
836 667 $836 667 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
C
RFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DD
RFA
Logo de Predators de Nashville
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Reinbacher, David
950 000 $950 000 $
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
G
UFA - 3
Hutson, Lane
875 000 $875 000 $
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
DG/DD
RFA
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 2
766 667 $766 667 $
DD
UFA - 1
970 000 $970 000 $
AD, AG
RFA

Unités spéciales

Avantage numérique 1
Hutson, L.
Avantage numérique 2
Infériorité numérique 1
Infériorité numérique 2
Reinbacher, D.

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
12 mai 2023 à 14 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 700
COL has plenty of bottom six guys. I don't see them giving up one of their few draft picks for Evans.
michaeldym a aimé ceci.
12 mai 2023 à 14 h 1
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,546
Ottawa would accept if they had enough cap space to take Dvorak.
12 mai 2023 à 14 h 3
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 7,384
Very, very easy for Winnipeg to say no to that offer.
It won't be anywhere close to being competitive.
DumplingAndChase a aimé ceci.
12 mai 2023 à 15 h 3
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,250
I don’t dislike dvorak, and he’d probably make a good winger to play with Pinto, assuming he can play the wings fine. but he’s simply not worth his contract, especially since the Sens using any more cap space than necessary basically guarantees losing DeBrincat
12 mai 2023 à 15 h 36
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,832
Takes a whole lot more to dump $6.8 mil than only moving up two rounds in a layer draft lol try Armia and a 2nd for futures and maybe it’s close
12 mai 2023 à 16 h 25
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 58
Quoting: Windjammer
Very, very easy for Winnipeg to say no to that offer.
It won't be anywhere close to being competitive.

Yeah, Jets just laugh and trade him to a contender. They have no use for Jordan Harris either.
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2023 à 14 h 36
Démarrer sujet
modem
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 16
Quoting: DumplingAndChase
Yeah, Jets just laugh and trade him to a contender. They have no use for Jordan Harris either.

Well hes not gonna sign with that contender. He has made it extremely clear where he wants to play and I don't even think that a team will even want to offer more than Montreal. Jets are toast, they are better off getting those assets than letting him walk for nothing. No team would trade big assets away if they are unsure if the acquired player will sign long-term. Montreal has all the leverage here, Jets don't.
13 mai 2023 à 14 h 39
Démarrer sujet
modem
Quoting: glarson17
Takes a whole lot more to dump $6.8 mil than only moving up two rounds in a layer draft lol try Armia and a 2nd for futures and maybe it’s close

Fair enough, was not sure if a 2nd would be too much. Remember, I am making this deal when there is 1 year left on his deal, so 2024-2025 (maybe I did not specifcy). If that is the case, I think eating 3.5 for a year, while giving Armia ice time on a bad Sharks team, gaining a 3rd too, can help them trade Armia later that year, and possibly retain to get more out of it. Win win for both imo.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2023 à 14 h 39
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 58
Quoting: michaeldym
Well hes not gonna sign with that contender. He has made it extremely clear where he wants to play and I don't even think that a team will even want to offer more than Montreal. Jets are toast, they are better off getting those assets than letting him walk for nothing. No team would trade big assets away if they are unsure if the acquired player will sign long-term. Montreal has all the leverage here, Jets don't.

Jets can definitely get more assets from a team like Colorado, even if it is just for a rental. Take a look at what one year rentals are worth.
13 mai 2023 à 14 h 41
Démarrer sujet
modem
Quoting: emoprettyboy
I don’t dislike dvorak, and he’d probably make a good winger to play with Pinto, assuming he can play the wings fine. but he’s simply not worth his contract, especially since the Sens using any more cap space than necessary basically guarantees losing DeBrincat

Was not sure how much cap Ottawa has, so I get that. I don't even know if you guys re-sign him. Ideally you should obviously. I don't even view Dvorak's contract that bad with 2 years left on it. I get why it does not work for Ottawa, and also, tried to think of many teams that could use depth and clearly it is hard to find one for Dvorak.
13 mai 2023 à 14 h 43
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 2,376
Besides the goalie trades. These are realistic values.

Was not sure how much cap Ottawa has, so I get that. I don't even know if you guys re-sign him. Ideally you should obviously. I don't even view Dvorak's contract that bad with 2 years left on it. I get why it does not work for Ottawa, and also, tried to think of many teams that could use depth and clearly it is hard to find one for Dvorak.

Its not bad at all when you look at the centres available in free agency. Teams like the Canucks that want to compete would easily pay this price for a top9 center especially if they can dump a winger with long term money like Boeser/Garland
There is a reason Dvorak got traded for a 1st and 2nd with the same contract he signed in Arizona. His production hasnt changed much and is only signed til 29
13 mai 2023 à 14 h 45
Démarrer sujet
modem
Quoting: DumplingAndChase
Jets can definitely get more assets from a team like Colorado, even if it is just for a rental. Take a look at what one year rentals are worth.

You really think the Avs would trade premium and assets that are under team control for many more years than Dubois and picks, for 2-3 months of Dubois and then he is a guaranteed walk in Free agency? I do not think that happens at all. If I was Winnipeg, sure I would obviously try to get the best possible return and that might be Montreal's offer.
13 mai 2023 à 14 h 49
Démarrer sujet
modem
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great

Honestly, Dvorak got traded for a 1st and 2nd because Bergevin made too many mistakes. Lost Danault, lost KK, signed bad contracts and was desperate and overpayed way too much. I never thought Dvorak was worth that. And if the Canucks want to be competitive, I don't think the Habs would eat Boeser or Garland especially since they need to free up roster spots on the wings for younger players moving forward.

Its not bad at all when you look at the centres available in free agency. Teams like the Canucks that want to compete would easily pay this price for a top9 center especially if they can dump a winger with long term money like Boeser/Garland
There is a reason Dvorak got traded for a 1st and 2nd with the same contract he signed in Arizona. His production hasnt changed much and is only signed til 29

Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great

13 mai 2023 à 14 h 51
Démarrer sujet
modem

Goalie ones were hard to predict and make, I think Saros I would have to add another prospect or high pick. Allen maybe would be better w a 3rd I guess?
13 mai 2023 à 14 h 58
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 2,376
Fair enough, was not sure if a 2nd would be too much. Remember, I am making this deal when there is 1 year left on his deal, so 2024-2025 (maybe I did not specifcy). If that is the case, I think eating 3.5 for a year, while giving Armia ice time on a bad Sharks team, gaining a 3rd too, can help them trade Armia later that year, and possibly retain to get more out of it. Win win for both imo.

They would just buyout Armia instead of giving up a 2nd. Just another fan (sharks) that doesnt understand leverage There are no bonuses in the contract. Its less than 1.5M for the next 2 years (33k this year and 1M in 2024) And this is for 2024 so it should be about a million for the buyout. That is never worth close to a 2nd round pick. that sharks fan is pretty big troll though

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage