Forums/Armchair-GM

CopyCanes

Créé par: GiggywithGibby
Équipe: 2023-24 Ducks d'Anaheim
Date de création initiale: 7 mai 2023
Publié: 7 mai 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Object of the team is to take on a 1-2-2 style for checking system like the Canes run under Brind'amour. I've structured the forward lines to put 1-2 good forecheckers on each line. We have a lot of offensive talent on our blue line and/or on the way in, so we should focus on a system that leverages those talents.

Base of the Trade is Stome for Pettersson but took additional cap in Rutta, nearly 3 mill is to much to pay a bottom pairing guy. Vaakainen is a minor sweetener, the talents there, but he's out of time in Anaheim. Assuming Pitt buys out or dumps Granlund, Strmke fits into 3C for them, and they have a bit of additional cap space to chase a Graves or Gavrikov type in FA. I think Strome is a fine player, but he doesn't adapt to wing well, he's a natural center and Anaheim has too many of those, it was easy to see on the ice when he was off on the wing he kept drifting back and mixing up his assignments.

Lastly, it's important not to rush the rebuild. Yes, I bought Dumba and Bertuzzi, but top 6 winger and top 4 RHD are long term needs on this team, especially with the pending departure of Henrique and the regression of Silfverberg. This is still a build year, adapting to a new coach, some new players in, some players out, but it's important not to make wholesale changes.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
77 000 000 $
87 625 000 $
22 500 000 $
2950 000 $
3950 000 $
2950 000 $
12 445 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
55 000 000 $
66 500 000 $
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de BOS
Logo de COL
Logo de ANA
Logo de MIN
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de BOS
Logo de ANA
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de MIN
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $72 803 092 $0 $3 425 000 $10 696 908 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 456 250 $1 456 250 $
AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C, AG
RFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 445 000 $2 445 000 $
AG
RFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
7 625 000 $7 625 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 7
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
3 650 000 $3 650 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 295 000 $1 295 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
950 000 $950 000 $
C
RFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
762 500 $762 500 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
425 000 $425 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 400 000 $6 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
RFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
950 000 $950 000 $
G
RFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance925 000 $$925K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
950 000 $950 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 mai 2023 à 3 h 14
LosPatos
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,891
I’d be fine with Rutta if Shattenkirk walks or we decide to move on from him, but I have no desire to trade away Strome
7 mai 2023 à 3 h 15
pens1991
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,096
pens aren't taking that.
7 mai 2023 à 4 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,856
Quoting: pens1991
pens aren't taking that.

The Pens have a known need for a middle 6 C to play 3rd line as neither Granlund or Carter are cutting it. There are also plenty of UFA upgrades to Pettersson avaliable in FA, but they are going to want term that Anaheim is not going to be in a position to give.

So explain why the pens aren't taking this.
7 mai 2023 à 5 h 58
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 4
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
The Pens have a known need for a middle 6 C to play 3rd line as neither Granlund or Carter are cutting it. There are also plenty of UFA upgrades to Pettersson avaliable in FA, but they are going to want term that Anaheim is not going to be in a position to give.

Granlund can be easily bought out for a very reasonable buy out penalty and Carter can be buried on the 4th line or in the press box for one year. Beyond that, the Penguins already need to replace Dumoulin in the top 4 on the left side and replacing 2 top 4 defencemen is a lot more difficult than replacing 1 (that's not to say Dumo SHOULD have been a top 4 defenceman, but that's how he was used so those minutes will need to be replaced). Even ignoring all that, Pettersson was the best defenceman on the Penguins this year by a very considerable margin, both analytically and in terms of the eye test, so unless FSG hires people that are totally incompetent to run the team, he likely won't be available unless you completely blow them away.
7 mai 2023 à 7 h 38
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 424

Because stable defense is a bigger need than 3C. Marcus Pettersson is our best defensive defenseman, without question. I do think the Pens should target a top 4 LHD via trade or free agency, but that's to add to their D core, not reshuffle it.
I don't think there are not plenty of upgrades to him in free agency that fit the Pens needs. A legit top 4 defenseman on the younger side of being a UFA that provides some defensive stability. Graves and Gavrikov are the only ones that really fit the bill.
Pettersson isn't available unless the Ducks dramatically overpay for him. This, IMO, is an underpayment by quite a bit.
A big part of the reason Anaheim even has Strome is because they expected to be a much better team this year than they were. I think a big reason they didn't meet expectations was their new additions, Strome and Klingberg especially, weren't the impact players they were expected to be. And yet the Pens should be giving up one of the most consistent performers from last year for him?
No. This trade makes no sense for the Penguins.
7 mai 2023 à 16 h 28
pens1991

and whom is an upgrade?? Because to me the only three LD in UFA worth a a top pair and that's defensive would bet Orlov/Graves/Gavrikov

Orlov will want a hefty $, assuming more than $5M AAV

Graves and Gavrikov will both look for $4-6M AAV + term i would assume.

Pettersson is younger than all three and locked in at $4M/yr for two more years.

I don't dislike the thought of getting Strome, he's a solid player but not at the cost of Pettersson. There are other 3C options on the market in Compher, ROR, Haula that could all be easy options.

It's been pretty heavily discussed that the Pens will try and sell Granlund or buy him out this summer, the buyout this year would only be an 800k cap hit.

Carter i'm fairly convinced is retiring, now it will still leave his cap hit unless he does retire and they can move that ala Weber with Vegas.

So no, the penguins don't even think about this one bit.
7 mai 2023 à 16 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,856
Quoting: pens1991
and whom is an upgrade?? Because to me the only three LD in UFA worth a a top pair and that's defensive would bet Orlov/Graves/Gavrikov

Orlov will want a hefty $, assuming more than $5M AAV

Graves and Gavrikov will both look for $4-6M AAV + term i would assume.

Pettersson is younger than all three and locked in at $4M/yr for two more years.

I don't dislike the thought of getting Strome, he's a solid player but not at the cost of Pettersson. There are other 3C options on the market in Compher, ROR, Haula that could all be easy options.

It's been pretty heavily discussed that the Pens will try and sell Granlund or buy him out this summer, the buyout this year would only be an 800k cap hit.

Carter i'm fairly convinced is retiring, now it will still leave his cap hit unless he does retire and they can move that ala Weber with Vegas.

So no, the penguins don't even think about this one bit.

Why would term matter to the Pens? You guys have Letang, Rust, and Rakell each locked up another 5 years, Malkin 3, Crosby 2. You can sign Gavrikov or Graves to a 5+ year deal and it won't matter to you, and Strome is locked up for another 4 years.

What exactly is your point of rehashing what I said in the description about Granlund and Carter? Yes, it's known Pitt likely buys out Granlund and tries to dump Carter to clear out cap space in order to actually fill the holes that need filling, that's why Rutta was added to the trade, to clear out additional cap.

You guys are pearl clutching like Pettersson is some star player. He's a solid, defensive LHD, but he is also something that's easily replaceable on the FA market, and until this season was one of the main whipping boys in Pitt. The reason I didn't choose a FA instead of Pettersson is because I don't want to be signing that much term, but again, that's not a problem for Pitt.
7 mai 2023 à 21 h 5
pens1991
Why would term matter to the Pens? You guys have Letang, Rust, and Rakell each locked up another 5 years, Malkin 3, Crosby 2. You can sign Gavrikov or Graves to a 5+ year deal and it won't matter to you, and Strome is locked up for another 4 years.

What exactly is your point of rehashing what I said in the description about Granlund and Carter? Yes, it's known Pitt likely buys out Granlund and tries to dump Carter to clear out cap space in order to actually fill the holes that need filling, that's why Rutta was added to the trade, to clear out additional cap.

You guys are pearl clutching like Pettersson is some star player. He's a solid, defensive LHD, but he is also something that's easily replaceable on the FA market, and until this season was one of the main whipping boys in Pitt. The reason I didn't choose a FA instead of Pettersson is because I don't want to be signing that much term, but again, that's not a problem for Pitt.

Pettersson was never a whipping boy though? Hextall was the one that wanted to move him, no one else had any desire.

Again, can sign Gavrikov and Graves, assuming they don't resign with their current teams. LA has made it sound pretty clear they want to resign, don't think Devils can afford everyone so graves should be around. I never said term would matter I just said they'd want money and term. The AAV is what would matter the most.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage