Forums/Armchair-GM

What a dumpster fire - EDITED

Créé par: Beargold
Équipe: 2023-24 Canucks de Vancouver
Date de création initiale: 13 avr. 2023
Publié: 13 avr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Edit: Someone mentioned a Myers to ANA trade was realistic after his bonus was paid. Exploring what that could do.

I've only become a Vancouver fan in the past couple years since my fiancé and her family are originally from the area. Might be a little skewed on some of these as a result, but I'm tying to give it all a fair shake.

Vancouver does not want to do a scorched Earth rebuild, which is too bad since they for sure need it. They have virtually no grade-A prospects to trade or rely on to make the jump and play big roles, so a lot is done through FA. Since it's done through FA, these will likely never pan out but let's at least think about it, eh?

Issues:

1. Our defense is pretty weak, just like basically every other team in the league. I like Bear and Hronek, but they both kinda feel like top-4 rather than top pairing Dmen, y'know? I put Bear with Hughes so Hughes can have a bit more of a stable presence and Hronek can be offensive-minded on his own line. As a result, he gets paired with Hirose since OEL is trash. If it is too much for Hirose, OEL can step in but I'd rather keep OEL in the minors to get some relief from his cap hit - same with Myers. They will be IMPOSSIBLE to trade, so I'm not even going to bother. Signed Stecher as 3RD as a major improvement on Myers to play with Rathbone and hopefully be a good mentor. If Rathbone doesn't pan out, then we have Brisebois or Wolanin who can step in, but for the love of all that is holy OEL and Myers need to have their vehicles stolen so they're stuck in Abbotsford (and with the Fraser Valley being the way it is, that just may happen).

EDIT: Traded Myers and signed Gavrikov with that cap space. Really boosts our LD.

2. Goaltending. We have one of the best goalie coaches in Ian Clarke, but only he can do so much. I'm not high on any goalie in the system other than Demko, but hoping we can buy low on a Nedeljkovic hoping to revitalize his career. Traded for Kallgren to get a great goalie prospect and contingency plan in case Ned doesn't pan out.

3. Centre. I know Miller is able to play centre, but I like him more as a winger. Tried finding a good centre to be a 2C and toyed with a few ideas such as Stephenson from VGK or Schmaltz from ARI, but figured they'd be way to expensive to get. Landed on Domi in FA since he did well on CHI and with DAL. Concerned since he dropped off while playing in MTL, but hoping this recent scoring streak is sustainable for him. Also got J.T. Compher to get great centre depth and an option in case Domi doesn't pan out. Might be low balling 'em both but the options are there. If only one works, then I'd vote Domi since Compher's stats may be inflated by playing on COL for so long. Hoping Domi takes a bit of a lower offer in exchange for term and maybe a M-NTC (10 team no trade list?) on his contract since he has bounced around so often the past few years.

4. Cap space. Unfortunately Beauvillier and Garland are too expensive for the roles we'd need them to play. Both get shipped out for pennies in order to remove all cap hit from their contracts. Signed Watson and Motte to FA contracts which may seem counter productive, but is done to improve out bottom-6 at a more reasonable cap hit and to account for issue #5. Stecher is also signed at a reasonable hit for short term to try and account for issue #1. I liked him in CGY and this may not be enough to get him on board, but if we can get some one for this price point (De Haan? Mayfield?) then I think we should consider it. In the event that we need more to sign Domi or Compher, I would advocate for not signing Watson since Domi can provide the grit with more skill.

EDIT: Signed Gavrikov as a FA. A bit of an overpay, but we need to lure in a solid defenseman and I think he could really help. Also, really hoping the cap jumps up in 2024-25.

5. Grit. VAN can be pretty easy to play against at times and beyond Myers, there's no one to really push back and fight, but Myers is shipped to the minors. Signing Watson to a 1-yr deal is meant to be an insurance against folks who take too many liberties with the team (Domi can help with that too) but short enough that if he turns out to be a defensive liability it won't hamstring the team long-term.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
43 000 000 $
3950 000 $
31 500 000 $
1950 000 $
1900 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
21 000 000 $
33 500 000 $
34 000 000 $
11 000 000 $
21 800 000 $
21 800 000 $
55 000 000 $
Transactions
VAN
  1. Källgren, Erik [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (TOR)
Détails additionnels:
Kallgren is likely to odd man out for TOR. Samsonov and Murray played really well when healthy and Woll has passed Kallgren in the depth chart. I could see Kallgren becoming expendable. VAN could use a solid goaltending prospect and while Kallgren isn't spectacular, he is better than Martin.

Leafs get an option on LW for when Bunting walks. Dubious hates term, so an expiring contract is right up his alley.

Jarnkrok - Matthews - Marner
Beauvillier - Tavares - Nylander
Knies - Lafferty - ZAR?
???? - Kampf (gotta resign) - Acciari?

Picks may be removed if deemed unnecessary.
VAN
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (LAK)
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (BUF)
BUF
  1. Garland, Conor
Détails additionnels:
Got this idea from a different ACGM. Didn't put too much thought into if this is a BUF need, but I can see why they'd need a bit of a pest with their young core coming up. Plus, they can easily afford it with cap room to spare.
VAN
    Future considerations. Anaheim needs RD and have the cap space for this.
    ANA
    1. Myers, Tyler
    2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (VAN)
    Détails additionnels:
    Lowest of the 2024 4ths. Need to wait until after his bonus is paid, meaning we can't trade the 2023 4ths.
    Enfoui
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de LAK
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de DET
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2283 500 000 $78 533 750 $850 000 $850 000 $4 966 250 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    7 350 000 $7 350 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
    C, AG, AD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 5
    6 650 000 $6 650 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 2
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 2
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AD, AG
    RFA - 1
    950 000 $950 000 $
    AG, AD
    RFA
    883 750 $883 750 $
    C
    RFA - 1
    1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 4
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 3
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 2
    4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 1
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    950 000 $950 000 $
    DG
    RFA - 2
    1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    775 000 $775 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 2
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    13 avr. 2023 à 14 h 46
    Rejoint: déc. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 491
    I’m not a Vancouver fan but enjoyed reading your ideas.
    Beargold, OldNYIfan et gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
    13 avr. 2023 à 14 h 52
    Rejoint: mai 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,178
    Based on the team you created here, I still dislike the dcorp and some of your depth forwards. Kravtsov on 4th line isn't a great fit in my mind. But I love the Motte add though (too much cap though). Get a guy like ZAR for that left wing 4th line. Let Kravtzov, Hoglander and Pod fight for 2 of the top 9 spots. Loser gets traded or sent to the AHL.

Dcorp would get smacked also. I like the Hronek add but the right and left are still too weak in my mind.

Missing 1 2nd pair LD and 1 top pair RD. If they got those, everyone else starts falling into their correct place.

This team isn't better than this years team in my mind. Bubble team at best.
    Beargold a aimé ceci.
    13 avr. 2023 à 15 h 12
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    Rejoint: juin 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 25,409
    I think that there's a good possibility to trade Myers to Anaheim after his $5 million bonus is paid (whenever that is) along with a 2024 fourth, and he's off your hands. Right now, the only RhD the Ducks have under contract for next season is the inexperienced and rehabilitating Jamie Drysdale, so Myers would be useful as a bottom-pairing RhD at the very least.

Quoting: TMLBRIAN
    Based on the team you created here, I still dislike the d-corps and some of your depth forwards. Kravtsov on 4th line isn't a great fit in my mind. But I love the Motte add though (too much cap though). Get a guy like ZAR for that left wing 4th line. Let Kravtzov, Hoglander and Pod fight for 2 of the top 9 spots. Loser gets traded or sent to the AHL.

D-corps would get smacked also. I like the Hronek add but the right and left are still too weak in my mind.

Missing 1 2nd pair LD and 1 top pair RD. If they got those, everyone else starts falling into their correct place.

This team isn't better than this year's team in my mind. Bubble team at best.

I think that you miss the point that the OP is trying to make here, which he suggests in his Team Title and seems to me to be that this mess isn't going to be fixed in one season. Other than the occasional outlier, like the Islanders a couple of seasons ago, teams usually don't make the jump from distant also-ran to near-contender in one campaign. After all, it's hard to imagine the Canucks overcoming any two of Las Vegas, Edmonton, Los Angeles and Calgary next season no matter who they are lucky enough to add.
    Beargold a aimé ceci.
    13 avr. 2023 à 15 h 15
    Démarrer sujet
    Beargold
    Rejoint: mars 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 165
    Quoting: TMLBRIAN
    Based on the team you created here, I still dislike the dcorp and some of your depth forwards. Kravtsov on 4th line isn't a great fit in my mind. But I love the Motte add though (too much cap though). Get a guy like ZAR for that left wing 4th line. Let Kravtzov, Hoglander and Pod fight for 2 of the top 9 spots. Loser gets traded or sent to the AHL.

Dcorp would get smacked also. I like the Hronek add but the right and left are still too weak in my mind.

This team isn't better than this years team in my mind. Bubble team at best.

Kravtsov on the 4th line is definitely not written in pen, but I think someone like ZAR would be a tough get. If anything, Watson could take the 4LW spot and create a pretty gritty 4th line with Motte and Aman/Joshua. Definitely not the best line you could think of, but given Vancouver's current state I think it is an upgrade.

Defense is still an issue for sure, but that's an issue that cannot be fixed in one off season. The type of defensemen they need do not come cheap, and Vancouver lacks the assets to acquire them. With the OEL contract they can't make the splash in FA needed to entice a big name to their team, nor do they have the assets to acquire a stellar defenseman. I did toy with the idea of a Raty for Zadorov + picks trade, but I couldn't mentally justify it in the event Domi or Compher regress, and the fact that Zadorov is expiring next year. Once Myers contract expires in 2024-25 they may be able to get a bigger fish though.

I disagree that it isn't a better team than this year. Vancouver's bottom-6 has been abysmal this year and a revolving door of folks from Abbotsford (6 of the 14 forwards listed on capfriendly's Vancouver team page are the unwanted discards from other teams). The goalie tandem alone is light years improved from the Martin-Delia pairing they had most of the season, not to mention the improved centre depth.

Injuries have really plagued Vancouver though, so really any lineup on paper for next year will instantly beat the lineups actually rolled out by the team.
    Finn2016 a aimé ceci.
    13 avr. 2023 à 15 h 18
    rktkt66
    Mentions "j'aime": 601
    Despite his lack of size, I like Garland for his tenacity and creativity but, in terms of the team's need for more "pests" like him, they have Savoie coming who's calling card is being a tenacious, pest-like forechecker with more offensive ability. And Skinner doesn't get enough credit for how consistently he agitates and annoys the other team's players during games.
    Beargold, gretzkyghosts et Finn2016 a aimé ceci.
    13 avr. 2023 à 15 h 18
    Démarrer sujet
    Beargold
    Quoting: OldNYIfan
    I think that there's a good possibility to trade Myers to Anaheim after his $5 million bonus is paid (whenever that is) along with a 2024 fourth, and he's off your hands. Right now, the only RhD the Ducks have under contract for next season is the inexperienced and rehabilitating Jamie Drysdale, so Myers would be useful as a bottom-pairing RhD at the very least.

I think that you miss the point that the OP is trying to make here, which he suggests in his Team Title and seems to me to be that this mess isn't going to be fixed in one season. Other than the occasional outlier, like the Islanders a couple of seasons ago, teams usually don't make the jump from distant also-ran to near-contender in one campaign. After all, it's hard to imagine the Canucks overcoming any two of Las Vegas, Edmonton, Los Angeles and Calgary next season no matter who they are lucky enough to add.

I did see an ACGM about Anaheim needing RD, but wasn't sure if that was an outlier post or a legitimate considered trade. I would do that in a heart beat and will consider making an edit to this post to reflect that cap space and trade potential!

You're right about it not being fixed in one season. I think this team will be a little stuck until OEL's contract is over, but I'm hoping that with some of these moves they'll at least contest for a wildcard and draw some interest in FA.
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    13 avr. 2023 à 15 h 21
    Démarrer sujet
    Beargold
    Quoting: rktkt66
    Despite his lack of size, I like Garland for his tenacity and creativity but, in terms of the team's need for more "pests" like him, they have Savoie coming who's calling card is being a tenacious, pest-like forechecker with more offensive ability. And Skinner doesn't get enough credit for how consistently he agitates and annoys the other team's players during games.

Definitely didn't consider Skinner, but did think Savoie may need more time. Plus, with the young age of Buffalo's lineup I figured they'd appreciate a winger with some experience as well to try and take some pressure off the young guys and let others develop in the AHL more. I could be way off base though.
    gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
    13 avr. 2023 à 15 h 22
    Démarrer sujet
    Beargold
    Quoting: Finn2016
    I’m not a Vancouver fan but enjoyed reading your ideas.

That is one of the highest compliments I have ever received haha.
    OldNYIfan et gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
    13 avr. 2023 à 15 h 28
    Quoting: Beargold
    That is one of the highest compliments I have ever received haha.

So much nicer to have your thoughts laid out with no ridiculous dumpster fires involved. Wish more posters would do it
    OldNYIfan et gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
    13 avr. 2023 à 15 h 43
    You know nothing JS
    Rejoint: janv. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,440
    I agree Myers is untradable. Buyout?

VAN doesn't have the luxury to not have OEL in the top 7.

Hronek will help so much, but RHD is still weak.

Overpaying for Compher (6x$5M?) seems on brand for VAN.

You left out the most important move, trade away Boeser ASAP.
    Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
    13 avr. 2023 à 16 h 19
    Démarrer sujet
    Beargold
    Quoting: jpsnow13
    I agree Myers is untradable. Buyout?

VAN doesn't have the luxury to not have OEL in the top 7.

Hronek will help so much, but RHD is still weak.

Overpaying for Compher (6x$5M?) seems on brand for VAN.

You left out the most important move, trade away Boeser ASAP.

I looked at a Myers buyout, but according the the buyout calculator we'd only say ~$666k. I edited it based on earlier comments that a trade to ANA could work. Used that space to bolster LD and move out a rookie, hoping this helps?

I agree Boeser isn't worth his contract, but out of him, Garland, and Beauvillier I'd say Boeser would bring back the least assets. Plus, Boeser brings a need and has a higher ceiling than the other guys we traded.
    13 avr. 2023 à 16 h 21
    Démarrer sujet
    Beargold
    @OldNYIfan @TMLBRIAN

Made some changes to defense based on cap space. Thoughts?
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    13 avr. 2023 à 16 h 30
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    Mentions "j'aime": 25,409
    OldNYIfan TMLBRIAN

Well, I like the Myers trade, of course, but I hate the Gavrikov trade because I hope that the Kings can re-sign him for $4.5 million or less. But this is certainly better. Note that if you offer Hoglander $1 million (his Qualifying Offer is $874,125), you have space for another entire player and thus a full 23-man roster.
    Beargold et gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
    13 avr. 2023 à 16 h 30
    Rejoint: mai 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,178
    OldNYIfan TMLBRIAN

I like the Gavrikov add for sure. I expect him to come in closer to 6m a year though. A guy like Mayfield would be high on my list to get also.

Hughes - Mayfield
    OEL - Hronek
    xxxx- Bear

This would be a decent top 6 for sure.

I think Mayfield also pushes 5.5m + a year though.
    Beargold a aimé ceci.
    13 avr. 2023 à 16 h 51
    You know nothing JS
    Rejoint: janv. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,440
    Modifié 14 avr. 2023 à 0 h 35
    I looked at a Myers buyout, but according the the buyout calculator we'd only say ~$666k. I edited it based on earlier comments that a trade to ANA could work. Used that space to bolster LD and move out a rookie, hoping this helps?

I agree Boeser isn't worth his contract, but out of him, Garland, and Beauvillier I'd say Boeser would bring back the least assets. Plus, Boeser brings a need and has a higher ceiling than the other guys we traded.

I'm not arguing with you about which winger should go, my understanding is that it has been widely reported VAN management already decided Boeser is the one they want to trade away (and have been trying at TDL).
    OldNYIfan, Beargold, gretzkyghosts and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
    13 avr. 2023 à 18 h 10
    Démarrer sujet
    Beargold
    Quoting: jpsnow13
    I'm not arguing with you about which winger should go, my understanding is that it has been widely reported VAN management already decided Broeser is the one they want to trade away (and have been trying at TDL).

Oh my mistake, I misunderstood; thanks for the clarification! Fingers crossed they don't follow that path haha!
    14 avr. 2023 à 14 h 50
    rktkt66
    Definitely didn't consider Skinner, but did think Savoie may need more time. Plus, with the young age of Buffalo's lineup I figured they'd appreciate a winger with some experience as well to try and take some pressure off the young guys and let others develop in the AHL more. I could be way off base though.

Reading the article by the Canucks' beat writer in The Athletic today, it sounds like Garland flourished under Tocchet (who coached him in Arizona) and was one of their consistent workers and producers (which I'm not surprised at). The article acknowledged that the Canucks may still be forced to trade Garland to solve cap issues elsewhere but I suspect that Tocchet will push hard to keep him.
    14 avr. 2023 à 14 h 55
    rktkt66
    Definitely didn't consider Skinner.

Watching every Sabres' game since he arrived, I can tell you one of the funniest and most entertaining parts of games is watching Skinner talk trash and hack/whack/scrum with opponents. There was one game early in the season against Ottawa that the broadcast picked up the audio of a Senator player yelling to Skinner as each player went to their benches, "You little pipsqueak, shut the F_ _ _ up!". Last week's game in Detroit, Skinner extended a post-goal celebration of one of his teammates that angered several of the Red Wings to go after him. It happens on a nightly basis so, yes, Skinner is definitely an underrated pest that may not get the league-wide notoreity that players like Marchand or Tkachuk do.
    Beargold et gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
    14 avr. 2023 à 16 h 58
    Démarrer sujet
    Beargold
    Watching every Sabres' game since he arrived, I can tell you one of the funniest and most entertaining parts of games is watching Skinner talk trash and hack/whack/scrum with opponents. There was one game early in the season against Ottawa that the broadcast picked up the audio of a Senator player yelling to Skinner as each player went to their benches, "You little pipsqueak, shut the F_ _ _ up!". Last week's game in Detroit, Skinner extended a post-goal celebration of one of his teammates that angered several of the Red Wings to go after him. It happens on a nightly basis so, yes, Skinner is definitely an underrated pest that may not get the league-wide notoreity that players like Marchand or Tkachuk do.

With this, and your other comment about Garland, in mind do you think Buffalo would have an interest in Boeser? If not, perhaps he could be of interest to another team in need of winger scoring depth (Carolina to replace Patches?) for a similar picks based package Buffalo has sent along.
    14 avr. 2023 à 17 h 11
    Rejoint: avr. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,799
    With this, and your other comment about Garland, in mind do you think Buffalo would have an interest in Boeser? If not, perhaps he could be of interest to another team in need of winger scoring depth (Carolina to replace Patches?) for a similar picks based package Buffalo has sent along.
    Buffalo's prospect cupboard is full of scoring forwards. So much the Olofsson's 27 goals may be traded duting the off season, Boeser does not fill their needs.
    Hard to believe that another team that needs goals would not want to Brock's services.
    Regardless of what many Sabre fans may believe, Myers (fourth after the bonus is paid) would be a great partner for Powers.
    A great symbionic relationship, Tyler mentors Owen, Owen helps Tyler to rack up points.
    17 avr. 2023 à 19 h 51
    rktkt66

There have been rumblings from Buffalo watchers with inside sources that the Sabres had interest in Boeser but I wonder if he'd be the right type of acquisition when it seems they're ready to move on this summer from a similar type of sniper in Olofsson and already have Quinn shaping up as a top 6 RW sniper (with better defensive awareness than either Boeser or Olofsson) as well as Kulich in the AHL only a year away from being NHL ready. If they were to consider Boeser, I'd have to think they'd want Vancouver to retain 40-50% so the investment in Boeser doesn't prohibit them from devoting cap space to extensions for Dahlin, Power, Krebs, Quinn and Peterka. Adams has said endlessly that he'll devote his cap space first and foremost to his own players before taking on any huge contracts of players he may acquire.
    17 avr. 2023 à 21 h 45
    Modifié 17 avr. 2023 à 22 h 3
    There have been rumblings from Buffalo watchers with inside sources that the Sabres had interest in Boeser but I wonder if he'd be the right type of acquisition when it seems they're ready to move on this summer from a similar type of sniper in Olofsson and already have Quinn shaping up as a top 6 RW sniper (with better defensive awareness than either Boeser or Olofsson) as well as Kulich in the AHL only a year away from being NHL ready. If they were to consider Boeser, I'd have to think they'd want Vancouver to retain 40-50% so the investment in Boeser doesn't prohibit them from devoting cap space to extensions for Dahlin, Power, Krebs, Quinn and Peterka. Adams has said endlessly that he'll devote his cap space first and foremost to his own players before taking on any huge contracts of players he may acquire.
    A simple examination of the Buffalo line up will reveal who will be on the team in the future.
    Players drafted by Buffalo: Dahlin, Samuelsson, Bryson, Quinn, Peterka, Olofsson, Girgensons, Luukkonen, Cozens, Power, Mittelstadt, Levi
    Players who want to play in Buffalo: Okposo, Tuch, Skinner
    Players who played no more than one year for another team: Krebs, Jokiharju, Thompson
    Players who played for Granato in the past: Greenway and HInostroza
    Stillman, Lyubushkin, Jost, Comrie, Clague are the only players who do not fit in any of those catagory, five out of twenty six.
    IMO that trend will continue, keep the culture in house and do not add too many outside influences.
    Boeser does not fit into any of those catagories, DeBrincat on the other hand? He and Granato were in Chicago for two years.
    18 avr. 2023 à 11 h 13
    Démarrer sujet
    Beargold
    Quoting: gretzkyghosts
    A simple examination of the Buffalo line up will reveal who will be on the team in the future.
    Players drafted by Buffalo: Dahlin, Samuelsson, Bryson, Quinn, Peterka, Olofsson, Girgensons, Luukkonen, Cozens, Power, Mittelstadt, Levi
    Players who played no more than one year for another team: Krebs, Jokiharju, Thompson
    Stillman, Lyubushkin, Jost, Comrie, Clague are the only players who do not fit in any of those catagory, five out of twenty six.
    IMO that trend will continue, keep the culture in house and do not add too many outside influences.
    Boeser does not fit into any of those catagories, DeBrincat on the other hand? He and Granato were in Chicago for two years.

If Boeser is too expensive and a defensive liability, then DeBrincat is definitely off the table haha.

I'm not sure if BUF needs a winger at all tbh.

Skinner - Thompson - Tuch
    Mittelstadt - Cozens - Quinn
    Greenway - Krebs - Peterka
    Rousek - Jost- Okposo

If I understand you right, it sounds like the bottom line is the only one which would require significant tinkering. Maybe a bonafide starting goaltender is where BUF should prioritize?
    18 avr. 2023 à 11 h 17
    Quoting: gretzkyghosts

Debrincat great player but with all our young talent needing to develop id say no. Plus the big cost. Just a 4th line two way centre and couple d and we’re good. Hope Greenway works out if not get Foegle. Cheaper salary and unloved in Edmonton
    gretzkyghosts et Beargold a aimé ceci.
    18 avr. 2023 à 12 h 29
    If Boeser is too expensive and a defensive liability, then DeBrincat is definitely off the table haha. I'm not sure if BUF needs a winger at all tbh.

Skinner - Thompson - Tuch
    Mittelstadt - Cozens - Quinn
    Greenway - Krebs - Peterka
    Rousek - Jost- Okposo

If I understand you right, it sounds like the bottom line is the only one which would require significant tinkering. Maybe a bonafide starting goaltender is where BUF should prioritize?
    Quoting: Finn2016
    Debrincat great player but with all our young talent needing to develop id say no. Plus the big cost. Just a 4th line two way centre and couple d and we’re good. Hope Greenway works out if not get Foegle. Cheaper salary and unloved in Edmonton
    I agree with you both, Buffalo is loaded with potential top six talent.
    I was merely musing that DeBrincat would be the more likely candidate and not Boeser.
    TBH, I would try to get Pittsburgh to pay me to take Petry to play as Power's partner and sign Orlov for two years as my 4th defenseman:
    Samuelson-Dahlin
    Power-Petry
    Orlov-Jokiharju
    Less ice time could make Dahlin and Power more efective.
    My forward lines would be:
    Skinner - Mittelstadt - Tuch Casey certainly produced well on this line
    Thompson - Cozens - Quinn Thompson's output was fine eventhough he played hurt This gives Buffalo essential two top scoring lines
    Peterka - Krebs - Jost Not the best of all combinations but as a third line they would provide a good mix of offense and defense
    Olofsson - Girgensons- Okposo Playing the fourth line may be the best place for Victor giving us an offensive threat on every line.
    Greenway is the odd man out.

Again DeBrincat was more a jest than fact, but it does make good rumor fodder, LOL!
    Beargold a aimé ceci.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage