Forums/Armchair-GM

looking ahead

Créé par: Trickster
Équipe: 2023-24 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 10 avr. 2023
Publié: 10 avr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Is this enough to get Sharks to take Murray if he wavied?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2950 000 $
2900 000 $
2950 000 $
21 100 000 $
2900 000 $
1775 000 $
33 400 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
45 000 000 $
21 645 000 $
32 750 000 $
12 000 000 $
13 000 000 $
21 100 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Wiesblatt, Ozzy
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (VGK)
  3. Choix de 5e ronde en 2025 (SJS)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BOS
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de NYI
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de SJS
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $82 904 783 $0 $0 $595 217 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
AD, C, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 avr. 2023 à 22 h 20
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,584
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
At first I Hated Griers moves! But to be fair I was use to 17 years of Doug Wilson so the transition at first was hard. But as I see the pieces he got start to evolve and the logic behind the moves you can’t help but think positive.
Thurn for a 3rd already looks like a steal 5 games in.
Petersen for Reedy was a fleecing so far and he could be the sharks next Barabanov.
I hated the Meier trade but it’s going to wind up being 2 1sts and Mukhamadulin 7 points in his first 8 AHL games might be the best sharks D prospect in a long long time.
Moving Burns was good for the player and showed the sharks and Grier are player friendly and will look out for their guys and that makes coming here more appealing to FA! Sturm was a good pickup and so was Benning.
Nutivaara and Lindblom have been stinkers but both had the talent to be good pieces, just never put it together and jury is out on Kunin but 3rd round picks only make the NHL about 15/20% of the time and only about 5-10% ever become impact players so the risk vs the reward is there.

As for Edmonton and Karlsson even with 3.5 mil retention and Campbell coming back it’s going to be very hard to fit Karlsson under the cap and still fill the holes on the team. It might happen but I will be curious to see how!

I get it and Doug Wilson did a great job for a long time. One of the reasons San Jose is my 2nd favorite team is because of him, he put together some really good teams over the years and brought in really good players while always having like $6mill in cap space. I grew up watching Jumbo Joe n little Joe, PM, Nabokov, Nolan, Vlasic (in his prime he was a beast), Blake, Campbell, Burnes (I remember the trade like it happened yesterday and my initial thought was what a steal) same with the Toskla trade and getting Couture with our 1st amongst so many more reasons I fell in love with the sharks as a kid. I agree Grier is doing a good job and he seems like an out of the box thinker which this league needs more of. Personally, I liked the NJD deal and didn't get all the media hate, I thought Grier made out pretty good considering the situation. It's never going to seem like enough for a player Meier unless it's other top end players heading back like in the CGY-Panthers deal.

I realize I can be out to lunch on this but given the flat cap = not as big of a trade market as otherwise would be and the Oilers interest + needing to rid themselves of bad contracts + McDavid & Draisaitl in their primes and Holland under pressure to show them the FO is as serious about winning as they are. I think Grier may have to retain but would rather take on contracts because there's a greater chance they could be flipped for more down the road. It wouldn't just be Campbell but I think he'll be part of it. EDM needs to move more money so I'd think some combination of Yamamoto, Foegele, Ceci & Kulak could be involved for financial purposes, but obviously none of them would be a centerpiece and the sharks could add to make it a bigger deal but I'd think at least 2 1st's plus at least 1 top prospect/young roster player heading to Northern California. It all comes down to finding common ground between the two sides and making the $ work but I think some of the pieces I mentioned could/would be in play.

All that said I live in Southern Ontario so our coverage of the sharks isn't as extensive as yours so my thinking could be way off here.
10 avr. 2023 à 23 h 49
Rip
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,161
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
No I honestly Disagree, he had a few good years (cup wins) but haven’t been the same for a while. Very similar to Sharks old netminder Jones. Few very good years early on the just fell apart

But the numbers not always tell the full story that I whole heartily agree with. Especially goalies! The D in front of you the teams you play etc. you can’t judge a guy who plays behind Colorado’s D against another guy who’s playing behind San Joses D and judge them based on numbers.

But with Murray last year he was outplayed by Forsberg an average guy at best and this year Samsonov who Washington let go for nothing.
While I do like Samsonov’s play he’s not a world beater.

And Forsberg was bad this year, but also Ottawa isn't good defensively. TO is but has hung Murray out to dry several times unfortunately. And he was hurt. But he proved he's good when he's healthy. Stay healthy is his risk
12 avr. 2023 à 13 h 18
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,765
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
It has, how the heck have ya been? I stopped coming on here because of the usual toxicity that's spewed on here especially if you cheer for the leafs. I've been informed there's good leafs descusion between leaf fans on the forum section which I'm going to check out.

I know all too well what your saying and totally agree.

I'm still a frequent reader, just post very little.
The guys in the Leafs discussion have something good going, always interesting.

I been okay, you?

When we traded for Murray, it crushed me.
Didn't want him but I'll admit hes played well when healthy but I think at this point LTIRetire has to be real for him, next year.
Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
13 avr. 2023 à 14 h 54
Quoting: Trickster
I know all too well what your saying and totally agree.

I'm still a frequent reader, just post very little.
The guys in the Leafs discussion have something good going, always interesting.

I been okay, you?

When we traded for Murray, it crushed me.
Didn't want him but I'll admit hes played well when healthy but I think at this point LTIRetire has to be real for him, next year.

Exactly, no point in trying to reason with the unreasonable.

I'll pop on when I can but same I'll read and b4 I go to respond I realize it's not worth wasting my time if said poster isn't willing to have a discussion.

Heck yeah they do and I overwhelmed @onex but was more just trying to catch up lol. Do you guys still like baseball and the blue jays? If so and you want some great content lemme know.

I've been alright just trying to balance life lol.

I was the opposite on Murray because I wanted the Leafs to get him years ago, but I'd be lying if I didn't say part of me was worried with all the injuies.

The only certainty I see at this point in time with the roster is Murray not being back, either he accepts a trade wherever (I'm thinking the Marazek deal as a comp of what this FO would pay to move him) or bought out and take the $2mill caphit next year. I'd project the cap to at least rise by $2mill next year so it would essentially be a flat cap for the leafs.
13 avr. 2023 à 18 h 0
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
Exactly, no point in trying to reason with the unreasonable.

I'll pop on when I can but same I'll read and b4 I go to respond I realize it's not worth wasting my time if said poster isn't willing to have a discussion.

Heck yeah they do and I overwhelmed onex but was more just trying to catch up lol. Do you guys still like baseball and the blue jays? If so and you want some great content lemme know.

I've been alright just trying to balance life lol.

I was the opposite on Murray because I wanted the Leafs to get him years ago, but I'd be lying if I didn't say part of me was worried with all the injuies.

The only certainty I see at this point in time with the roster is Murray not being back, either he accepts a trade wherever (I'm thinking the Marazek deal as a comp of what this FO would pay to move him) or bought out and take the $2mill caphit next year. I'd project the cap to at least rise by $2mill next year so it would essentially be a flat cap for the leafs.

Will always be Jay's fan but I am just not believer in Shatkins [Atkins and Shapiaro]

Some interesting adds for this year but I remain unconvinced they are the real deal.
13 avr. 2023 à 20 h 12
Will always be Jay's fan but I am just not believer in Shatkins [Atkins and Shapiaro]

Some interesting adds for this year but I remain unconvinced they are the real deal.

I know who shatkins is. Had me at “Will always be a Jay's fan" Happy to hear it!!!

I understand if you don't believe in them but what makes you not believe in them?

The hitting and defense is the real deal, the pitching outside of Gauseman is another story...
14 avr. 2023 à 18 h 54
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
I know who shatkins is. Had me at “Will always be a Jay's fan" Happy to hear it!!!

I understand if you don't believe in them but what makes you not believe in them?

The hitting and defense is the real deal, the pitching outside of Gauseman is another story...

Pitching.
17 avr. 2023 à 17 h 22
Pitching.

I agree this FO hasn't done the best job with pitching but every FO has their strengths and weaknesses. Kim Ng in Miami hasn't done a good job with position player but has the pitching. I put Shapiro in the same boat as Shanahan and Masai in that they've all came in and rebranded their teams. I put Shapiro & Masai ahead of shanny because they've both done what their predecessor's could not and that's spend real $ on the Jay's (we're over the luxury tax for the first time) and the raps whereas the leafs have always spent except for under Ballard. I put Atkins in the same boat as Dubas in that they've both adjusted their initial stance on roster construction to try and get ahead of the curve of the way the game is going or match the way other teams play to beat them. Obviously both are different sports and require a different approach to roster construction especially with the new rule changes in baseball and I think Atkins has done a good job at that. Atkins definitely isn't without his warts and I'm not a Shapiro and Atkins apologist by any means but I'd grade them both (Atkins & Dubas) in the A-,B+ range.

AA was great at drafting and developing pitching but wasn't great at position players until he finally changed his approach to roster construction and he's spoke about it multiple times publicly. I love AA too and am happy he's had success in L.A. & ATL but Rogers wasn't taking his calls while he was here and Shapiro has got this FO to spend when they weren't making money. Remember they just updated the complex in Dunedin and Buffalo while they were not only not playing in Canada but couldn't sell tickets. Beeston did a great job when he was our president but even he couldn't get ownership to buy into his vision the way Mark has.

If we end up in the wildcard and loose again or worse Atkins is gone. The whole point I'm trying to make is though they haven't done a great job with the pitching you can't deny they've done a great job on positional players and drafting and developing.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage