SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Question - Did the Bruins Ever Consider Trading Their Three 1st Round Picks for the 1st Overall Pick (McDavid) in 2015

29 mars 2023 à 14 h 18
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 22
Just thinking back to how big of a disaster the Bruins 2015 first round draft was. Seeing as McDavid was viewed as a generational talent back in 2015, why didn't the Bruins go all in and try trading their three first rounders for him? Not sure if they ever thought of it or if they were confident that their three picks would outweigh the impact that McDavid would have. As we look back, the Bruins really only hit on DeBrusk and in that case, they could have done much better with other picks. I mean, could you imagine a lineup with Bergeron, Krejci, and McDavid as the top centers for the Bruins. That would have been nuts.
29 mars 2023 à 14 h 21
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,746
Quoting: koofyslappa
Just thinking back to how big of a disaster the Bruins 2015 first round draft was. Seeing as McDavid was viewed as a generational talent back in 2015, why didn't the Bruins go all in and try trading their three first rounders for him? Not sure if they ever thought of it or if they were confident that their three picks would outweigh the impact that McDavid would have. As we look back, the Bruins really only hit on DeBrusk and in that case, they could have done much better with other picks. I mean, could you imagine a lineup with Bergeron, Krejci, and McDavid as the top centers for the Bruins. That would have been nuts.

I wouldn't be surprised if the idea came to mind but there was absolutely no way Edmonton would have run with that over McDavid anyway
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
29 mars 2023 à 15 h 21
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,197
The Hurricanes rejected the offer for the 5th overall pick.
Bflo_Soldier a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage