Forums/Armchair-GM

Question for Blues Fans

Créé par: OldNYIfan
Équipe: 2023-24 Blues de St-Louis
Date de création initiale: 20 mars 2023
Publié: 20 mars 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I was just wondering what the reaction among St. Louis faithful would be to this proposed pick swap. The Blues move back in the 2023 draft with one pick but still have two picks in the first round plus a middle second, and gain a 2024 first in exchange for a 2024 middle fourth.

Additional Idle Thought: with the Blues' lack of depth at center, it's possible that Rasmus Kupari or Alex Turcotte could be worked into this equation somehow.
Transactions
STL
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (LAK)
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (LAK)
LAK
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
Assume that the first is the earlier of the two late picks and is in the 25 - 28 range
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de STL
Logo de TOR
Logo de LAK
Logo de STL
Logo de OTT
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de LAK
Logo de STL
Logo de TOR
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2083 500 000 $77 585 000 $20 000 $0 $5 915 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 8
8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
AD
UFA - 8
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 5
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 3
835 833 $835 833 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
816 667 $816 667 $
C
RFA - 1
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 4
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 7
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 4
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 4
775 000 $775 000 $
G
RFA - 2
3 275 000 $3 275 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
20 mars 2023 à 15 h 28
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,661
I get the impression that St. Louis might be buyers in the off-season with those picks, I would be somewhat surprised if they used all of them to draft players.

Could be wrong, but it seems more like they were going retool rather than rebuild.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
20 mars 2023 à 15 h 36
BFB
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 8
They’d send one of their lower 1sts for Kupari
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
20 mars 2023 à 15 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,264
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
I get the impression that St. Louis might be buyers in the off-season with those picks, I would be somewhat surprised if they used all of them to draft players.

Could be wrong, but it seems more like they were going retool rather than rebuild.

Listen, in my dual-GM-capacity I'd be HAPPY to give them a player or two instead of picks, because the Kings' needs are so specific. It's unfortunate that the Kings' surpluses (LW and RD) are redundant to St. Louis' needs.

Of course, an exchange like this is much better situated for the actual Draft Day, because it depends upon the availability of the pool of 5 or 6 players I have in mind for the Kings at the time the pick comes up. If two or three of the prospects I like are still on the board when the selection is to be made, I think that this type of deal might be realistic, and beneficial for both teams.
20 mars 2023 à 15 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: BluesfanBrian

That's really tempting.

Welcome to CapFriendly!
20 mars 2023 à 15 h 46
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,359
Umm... I don't know is this will interest Army In a vacuum, the value offered is great, but I have a hard time seeing him trade down that far in this draft.

Quoting: OldNYIfan
That's really tempting.

Welcome to CapFriendly!

No, they absolutely would not.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
20 mars 2023 à 15 h 52
BFB
II
20 mars 2023 à 15 h 53
BFB
II
20 mars 2023 à 15 h 56
BFB
Quoting: mokumboi
Umm... I don't know is this will interest Army In a vacuum, the value offered is great, but I have a hard time seeing him trade down that far in this draft.

Of all people, you are not someone who has a worthy opinion of anything regarding hockey. The Blues need center depth and need younger players. Kupari projects to be a 2nd line center at best and could immediately be in our bottom 6. The lower 1st will likely be 28th to 32nd and getting an actual player for it is more valuable than an 18 year old who is not guaranteed. It also makes sense if the Blues are looking to retool as opposed to rebuild. A 30th overall pick does nothing for at least 2 or 3 years and may never do anything.
20 mars 2023 à 15 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too

Of all people, you are not someone who has a worthy opinion of anything regarding hockey. The Blues need center depth and need younger players. Kupari projects to be a 2nd line center at best and could immediately be in our bottom 6. The lower 1st will likely be 28th to 32nd and getting an actual player for it is more valuable than an 18 year old who is not guaranteed. It also makes sense if the Blues are looking to retool as opposed to rebuild. A 30th overall pick does nothing for at least 2 or 3 years and may never do anything.

Sheesh, I didn't mean to start something between Blues stalwarts. This is all very speculative until Draft Day. (See my response to my esteemed friend GiggyWithGibby above.)
20 mars 2023 à 16 h 39
mokumboi

"Projects to be". When? Five years ago, when he was drafted? Dude was taken 20th in a draft that is not as strong as this year's, so it could be argued that he has never been worth a late 23 1st. As for guarantees, nobody asked for one, but betting on a 18 yo who is more talented than a 23 yo disappointment seems fine by me. Of course, I do not expect Army to just draft with the picks he has anyway. But no, nobody is going to pay a 23 1st for Kupari.
20 mars 2023 à 16 h 39
mokumboi
Sheesh, I didn't mean to start something between Blues stalwarts. This is all very speculative until Draft Day. (See my response to my esteemed friend GiggyWithGibby above.)

You didn't. Some people just flip out if you counter their claim.
20 mars 2023 à 16 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
"Projects to be". When? Five years ago, when he was drafted? Dude was taken 20th in a draft that is not as strong as this year's, so it could be argued that he has never been worth a late 23 1st. As for guarantees, nobody asked for one, but betting on a 18 yo who is more talented than a 23 yo disappointment seems fine by me. Of course, I do not expect Army to just draft with the picks he has anyway. But no, nobody is going to pay a 23 1st for Kupari.

I think that you're underestimating Rasmus. He's rounding into a fine two-way centerman who is pretty good defensively and in the faceoff circle, which is why I think that he's worth the late first when you factor in the time element mentioned by @BluesFanBrian. In my opinion, he would be an excellent replacement for Ivan Barbashev. Keep an eye on him.
20 mars 2023 à 16 h 52
mokumboi
I think that you're underestimating Rasmus. He's rounding into a fine two-way centerman who is pretty good defensively and in the faceoff circle, which is why I think that he's worth the late first when you factor in the time element mentioned by BluesFanBrian. In my opinion, he would be an excellent replacement for Ivan Barbashev. Keep an eye on him.

First of all, I like Kupari. Always have. Pretty bummed that he has struggled to develop, even if he suddenly realized that defensive forward play is a thing (which of course I also love).

But a late 23 1st is too valuable to spend on a maybe okay 3C who has already reached now or never time. That can be handled much more efficiently in a variety of ways and there's too much value into the 30's this year to screw it up. Some of these guys who fall late in the 1st are at a level normally found around 10-12-15. There will be All-Star level players taken late in the 1st this year, if not into the 2nd. If the Blues splurge a 1st on something, it will hopefully be a better something than Kupari.
21 mars 2023 à 0 h 25
BFB

Just so you’re aware, at 23, the most points Tage Thompson had in a season was 14. Beyond that…..Kupari has been getting literally less than 10 minutes per game. He’s a prime candidate for insane breakout should he get actual ice time, in exchange for a 30th overall pick that will probably never play a game for the Blues.
21 mars 2023 à 0 h 39
mokumboi
Just so you’re aware, at 23, the most points Tage Thompson had in a season was 14. Beyond that…..Kupari has been getting literally less than 10 minutes per game. He’s a prime candidate for insane breakout should he get actual ice time, in exchange for a 30th overall pick that will probably never play a game for the Blues.

Heh. Now magically it's the 30th pick and the player picked will "probably never" play for the Blues and Kupari is set to be a 50 goal 100 point guy. That's now the baseline of your reality. Mmmnokaythen.
21 mars 2023 à 0 h 47
BFB
Heh. Now magically it's the 30th pick and the player picked will "probably never" play for the Blues and Kupari is set to be a 50 goal 100 point guy. That's now the baseline of your reality. Mmmnokaythen.

That’s not in the slightest what I said. I want you to realize that players who play less than 10 minutes per game don’t have a true chance to prove themselves. Thompson is just an example, I think Kupari has potential to be a 20 goal 50 point guy who provides solid defense. Armstrong wants to retool, not rebuild, so the odds are that whoever is drafted will get traded and never play for us. Kupari could slot in the bottom 6 now and get much more time than he does in LA. And the “lower” of our draft picks this season will be somewhere between 28 and 32 most likely. We are gunna pick around 9, 23, and 30.

With all this being said, I don’t like the move for Kupari because it’s not in a vaccum. The reality is that we are gunna draft a center at 9 (or higher if we wanna trade up) and we have been experimenting with Buch at center. But in a different situation, Kupari and a 2nd would be decent value for a 28th to 32nd overall pick. That’s just reality buddy.
21 mars 2023 à 2 h 37
mokumboi
That’s not in the slightest what I said. I want you to realize that players who play less than 10 minutes per game don’t have a true chance to prove themselves. Thompson is just an example, I think Kupari has potential to be a 20 goal 50 point guy who provides solid defense. Armstrong wants to retool, not rebuild, so the odds are that whoever is drafted will get traded and never play for us. Kupari could slot in the bottom 6 now and get much more time than he does in LA. And the “lower” of our draft picks this season will be somewhere between 28 and 32 most likely. We are gunna pick around 9, 23, and 30.

With all this being said, I don’t like the move for Kupari because it’s not in a vaccum. The reality is that we are gunna draft a center at 9 (or higher if we wanna trade up) and we have been experimenting with Buch at center. But in a different situation, Kupari and a 2nd would be decent value for a 28th to 32nd overall pick. That’s just reality buddy.

Ehhhhh... where did that 2nd come from? That was never in the proposed trade idea, buddy.

And you absolutely did say "in exchange for a 30th overall pick that will probably never play a game for the Blues" verbatim. I know, coz I just copy pasted it directly from your comment. And you sure as hell implied strongly that Kupari was about to be the next Thompson level breakout. Yup. So again, you cannot suddenly sneak in extra picks and act like I responded to it, and you can't lecture someone about "reality" when you pretend you didn;t say things you totally did say and we can all see it because it's still there.z

Long story short: the Blues will not be trading a 23 1st for Kupari, and neither will anyone else.
21 mars 2023 à 2 h 51
BFB
Ehhhhh... where did that 2nd come from? That was never in the proposed trade idea, buddy.

And you absolutely did say "in exchange for a 30th overall pick that will probably never play a game for the Blues" verbatim. I know, coz I just copy pasted it directly from your comment. And you sure as hell implied strongly that Kupari was about to be the next Thompson level breakout. Yup. So again, you cannot suddenly sneak in extra picks and act like I responded to it, and you can't lecture someone about "reality" when you pretend you didn;t say things you totally did say and we can all see it because it's still there.z

Long story short: the Blues will not be trading a 23 1st for Kupari, and neither will anyone else.

Ohh boyyy. So if you use your eye balls and look at the trade, the Kings send their 2nd Round pick for this season. All I was saying was that if they send Kupari instead of a 2024 1st, the Blues may bite because Kupari is a prime candidate for a insane breakout. Kupari is already good defensively and could definitely have a 40 to 50 point season if he’s given real ice time with actually skilled players. All I said was that Thompson had a career high of 14 points when he was 23. If you want an example that I could see in Kupari, a guy like Eeli Tolvanen has had an amazing breakout since leaving Nashville. He’s on a 30 goal 63 point pace with Seattle since he got there after never posting higher than 11 goals and 23 points. And my point stands, whoever the Blues would draft at 30th will probably never play for us. Finally, this draft is not deeper across the board, you realize that, right? The top 10 to 15 are all really good and the rest are pretty average for any draft. The last draft that was of this level (2015) saw Nick Merkley go 30th overall, and he’s in the KHL now after playing exactly 1 game for the Coyotes.
21 mars 2023 à 3 h 2
mokumboi
Ohh boyyy. So if you use your eye balls and look at the trade, the Kings send their 2nd Round pick for this season. All I was saying was that if they send Kupari instead of a 2024 1st, the Blues may bite because Kupari is a prime candidate for a insane breakout.

Lemme just stop you right there. That is NOT what you said. And AGAIN, anyone can scroll up and see you did not say that.

I have no idea why you'd think anyone would fall for this switcheroo. But whatever.
21 mars 2023 à 3 h 7
BFB
Lemme just stop you right there. That is NOT what you said. And AGAIN, anyone can scroll up and see you did not say that.

I have no idea why you'd think anyone would fall for this switcheroo. But whatever.

It’s bc any normal person would have assumed that what’s in the original trade would remain in the trade unless otherwise said but you are not a normal person. You’re the type that thinks Colton Parayko is good. Which immediately makes anything you say tinted.
21 mars 2023 à 3 h 54
mokumboi
It’s bc any normal person would have assumed that what’s in the original trade would remain in the trade unless otherwise said

What are you babbling about now? Uhh nooo, nobody would do that because you didbsay otherwise. Man, some people just don't know to quit when they are miles behind. Have a Dunning Kruger day, comic relief.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage