Forums/Armchair-GM

PLD WIN options

Créé par: yanp007
Équipe: 2023-24 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 16 mars 2023
Publié: 16 mars 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Option #1: MTL trade for Dubois before the draft with a package like: Florida 1st, Dvorak, a young LHD (exept Guhle and Hutson), and a 3rd pick
Option #2, MTL sign PLD as RFA 1 year and 6.3M, WIN can match but PLD will be UFA at the end of the year.
Option #3: Win trade PLD to another team before the season or TDL and pray to get a better return
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
16 300 000 $
Offres hostiles
Le salaire annuel moyen (AAV) de l'offre hostile est calculé en divisant la valeur totale du contrat par: 1. La durée totale du contrat, ou 2. Cinq ans
JOUEURAAVCOMPENSATION
Dubois, Pierre-Luc6 300 000 $
Choix de 1e ronde en 2024
Choix de 3e ronde en 2024
Transactions
MTL
    Dubois, Pierre-Luc
    WPG
    1. Dvorak, Christian
    2. Harris, Jordan
    3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (FLA)
    4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (MTL)
    Détails additionnels:
    or Xhekaj but remove the 3rd
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de VGK
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de SJS
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    1683 500 000 $59 511 666 $1 170 000 $4 195 000 $23 988 334 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
    C
    UFA - 7
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
    C, AD
    RFA - 3
    6 300 000 $6 300 000 $
    C
    UFA - 8
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    1 925 000 $1 925 000 $
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    875 000 $875 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance275 000 $$275K)
    DD
    RFA - 1
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
    DG/DD
    RFA - 2
    766 667 $766 667 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    762 500 $762 500 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 4
    10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
    AD, AG
    RFA - 2
    828 333 $828 333 $
    DG/DD
    RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    17 mars 2023 à 14 h 59
    Rejoint: avr. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,279
    Quoting: ricochetii
    Reserve lists are submitted at the trade deadline every year and the player has to be on that list at least once to qualify.
    PLD wasn't on Montreal's list for the deadline which just passed, so he has to be on their list at the deadline next year to qualify for 8.
    If we trade for his rights or sign him in UFA after that, there is no 8th year option.
    Hope that was clear enough?

Yes.

So if we OS him this offseason and he is on our list for next years deadline, we can then sign him to a 8yr after next season?
    17 mars 2023 à 15 h 7
    Go Habs Go
    Rejoint: mars 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
    Quoting: Just_A_Guess
    Yes.

So if we OS him this offseason and he is on our list for next years deadline, we can then sign him to a 8yr after next season?

After next deadline. You quoted January, but it would have to be after March (3rd) 2024 (it was the 3rd this year, might vary for next season).
    Only a difference of a few months, but a wrinkle people should be aware of. Winnipeg does have the extra year from a sign and trade as a negotiation option.
    No trade means no 8th year unless it happens before that date.
    Just_A_Guess a aimé ceci.
    17 mars 2023 à 15 h 10
    Rejoint: avr. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,279
    Quoting: ricochetii
    After next deadline. You quoted January, but it would have to be after March (3rd) 2024 (it was the 3rd this year, might vary for next season).
    Only a difference of a few months, but a wrinkle people should be aware of. Winnipeg does have the extra year from a sign and trade as a negotiation option.
    No trade means no 8th year unless it happens before that date.

Appreciate the explanation, never really looked into the specifics tbh just knew there was a possibility.
    ricochetii a aimé ceci.
    17 mars 2023 à 15 h 21
    Go Habs Go
    Rejoint: mars 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
    Appreciate the explanation, never really looked into the specifics tbh just knew there was a possibility.

Np. Just want Habs fans to understand why it may not be as simple a negotiation as expected.
    You always have to consider whether the player wants that extra year and what it might cost to get it.
    17 mars 2023 à 16 h 26
    I Love J Boqvist
    Rejoint: janv. 2023
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,179
    Him specifically? I don't think so. His agent has been the one to start that rumble. However, that narrative does also line up with the fact he didn't sign anything long term. Nothing is certain but there's just as much of a chance that it happens as I've described as there is that it happens any other way. The issue I have is the discounting of how MTL is coming at it and that there is no reason whatsoever to trade exponentially more than what we would have to send for an OS.

We don't have the behind closed doors information, if the intent is to be in MTL then that heavily dilutes any offers for PLD. Chychrun is worth more than he went for (imo), situationally he returned less. Debrincat again worth more than he went for (imo), situationally returned less. Kane worth more than he went for (imo) and situationally he went for less. Fiala's return was underwhelming for his rights.
    Horvat would be a comparable but that was a situation different than the one that arises here. Moral of this point is it doesn't have to be accepted by fans or even liked by fans for it to be a legitimate possibility. If some other team is willing to pay more for his rights to accept the risk he potentially walks from them as a UFA anyway, have at it.

MTL would OS him 6.3/1yr and then sign him to a max extension in Jan for 9.5+/yr and he then gets locked into his hometown team for 9 years and gets the payday he's after. Again, idc who likes it or not but it's a very real possibility and it's one MTL could have to control over (also works best for them). When it comes down to it, there is no rush for MTL to offer the farm and our 1st born child when we won't be seriously competitive for 2-3 years minimum.

If you don't see the ignorance in your comment I can't help you. 6.3 is higher than his QO, and MTL is his hometown team. Not to mention we would then sign him to a max extension 9.5+/yr first chance we got.

Montreal is also not a contender and he risks injury, in addition to the likelihood of it be matched. He will get much larger offers, from much better teams.
    17 mars 2023 à 19 h 3
    Rejoint: oct. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 183
    Quoting: Windjammer
    Actually Winnipeg has all the say since he is a RFA.

He has NEVER said or intimated that it is Montreal or bust, so there are likely many teams where he will extend. Keeping his value up.

It's pointless to entertain highly unlikely scenarios at this point.

Considering that two of the four pieces offered have negative and no value to Winnipeg and that the Jets can keep him and trade him at the TDL and get a better return than this. Which makes this offer an easy no without the changes I suggested.

There's just no reason for Winnipeg to give Dubois away for a worse than TDL value offer.

Tell that to Calgary with Tkachuk, if a star player demands a trade there`s not really much you can do.

The issue is, his agent has released his desire for Montreal, also, his agent has not released his desire for anywhere else.

So, other teams, who cannot negotiate with him, have to make assumptions..... and risk assessments, and the lack of information presents a real risk that cannot be ignored by other GM`s.

I never inferred that the trade was good, Harris and the 1st are reasonable, but I would think another high level prospect would make it work.

at the TDL, offers can vary by how many teams are bidding for his services, again, not within Winnipegs control, and then the risk of rental vs re-sign pops back up.

There is an unknown as to what % PLD would go to Montreal, is it a Tavares scenario? or is it open ended, Winnipeg doesn't know.... so, they've relinquished control of this asset much like the Islanders did with Tavares, could chance losing him for nothing, could get something.

Again, I think Montreal should offer nothing, PLD isn't a game changer, and if he walks from Winnipeg, thats the pegs problem.
    17 mars 2023 à 19 h 17
    Rejoint: juill. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 7,077
    Quoting: OilersRule
    Tell that to Calgary with Tkachuk, if a star player demands a trade there`s not really much you can do.

The issue is, his agent has released his desire for Montreal, also, his agent has not released his desire for anywhere else.

So, other teams, who cannot negotiate with him, have to make assumptions..... and risk assessments, and the lack of information presents a real risk that cannot be ignored by other GM`s.

I never inferred that the trade was good, Harris and the 1st are reasonable, but I would think another high level prospect would make it work.

at the TDL, offers can vary by how many teams are bidding for his services, again, not within Winnipegs control, and then the risk of rental vs re-sign pops back up.

There is an unknown as to what % PLD would go to Montreal, is it a Tavares scenario? or is it open ended, Winnipeg doesn't know.... so, they've relinquished control of this asset much like the Islanders did with Tavares, could chance losing him for nothing, could get something.

Again, I think Montreal should offer nothing, PLD isn't a game changer, and if he walks from Winnipeg, thats the pegs problem.

I didn't say you said the offer was good, I was just pointing orthat you saying "Winnipeg had very little say in this" is flat out wrong. That's all.

Winnipeg has a huge amount of day in whatn happens, all other teams, including Montreal, have little to none.

PLD's agent said that he would be okay with playing in Montreal someday, but that it had to be nite or anytime soon, just someday.

PLD also did come out and say that his agent's comments were overblown by media and fans and that winning is the most important thing to him, so I guess you missed that. If winning is the most important thing, then he won't be going to Montreal anytime soon.

But, you are exactly right, if PLD wants to be traded this summer, it will be similar to the Tkachuk trade. Do you think Calgary had no control there? Of course they did, nobody could force them to move Tkachuk if they didn't want to. Winnipeg will be in the same position.

None of us know what actual leverage there is or isn't with PLD, but with what we know now we know that Winnipeg definitely has a say in what happens.
    17 mars 2023 à 19 h 20
    Quoting: Jetman
    What I said was tongue in cheek. Any trade thats worth something would be a sign and trade but what MTL fans on here are trying to trade him for is what I one year rental is worth anyways

and Montreal should offer nothing, they don't need him, and if he wants to walk at the end of his contract, cool, Montreal should keep their assets and see if his bed sheets are similar to Tavares
    17 mars 2023 à 19 h 30
    I didn't say you said the offer was good, I was just pointing orthat you saying "Winnipeg had very little say in this" is flat out wrong. That's all.

Winnipeg has a huge amount of day in whatn happens, all other teams, including Montreal, have little to none.

PLD's agent said that he would be okay with playing in Montreal someday, but that it had to be nite or anytime soon, just someday.

PLD also did come out and say that his agent's comments were overblown by media and fans and that winning is the most important thing to him, so I guess you missed that. If winning is the most important thing, then he won't be going to Montreal anytime soon.

But, you are exactly right, if PLD wants to be traded this summer, it will be similar to the Tkachuk trade. Do you think Calgary had no control there? Of course they did, nobody could force them to move Tkachuk if they didn't want to. Winnipeg will be in the same position.

None of us know what actual leverage there is or isn't with PLD, but with what we know now we know that Winnipeg definitely has a say in what happens.

Every player on every team throws the "I love the city blah blah blah" if you genuinely believe that, you got bigger issues to deal with.

https://elitesportsny.com/2018/01/15/john-tavares-to-the-new-york-islanders-i-want-to-stay-on-long-island/

Calgary had almost no control in that trade. Keith was already building homes in Miami during the off-season, the destination was pre-determined.

https://apnews.com/article/nhl-sports-hockey-relationships-florida-15cfbe5f1682d785c585251f8298ad8c

They mostly got lucky that Bill Zito is a terrible GM more than anything.

The leverage is simple.... Winnipeg can offer 8 years X-million dollars. If PLD says 1 year Z-Million dollars, then Winnipeg has ZERO Leverage, as every team knows he will be a free agent at years end, and the odds of being a rental, which ties Winnipegs hands, make a playoff run with him (like CBJ with Panarin and Bob knowing they were about to F off) or trade him, and possibly miss the playoffs.

Thinking Winnipeg is in an enviable position of power is borderline asinine.
    17 mars 2023 à 19 h 52
    Quoting: OilersRule
    Every player on every team throws the "I love the city blah blah blah" if you genuinely believe that, you got bigger issues to deal with.

https://elitesportsny.com/2018/01/15/john-tavares-to-the-new-york-islanders-i-want-to-stay-on-long-island/

Calgary had almost no control in that trade. Keith was already building homes in Miami during the off-season, the destination was pre-determined.

https://apnews.com/article/nhl-sports-hockey-relationships-florida-15cfbe5f1682d785c585251f8298ad8c

They mostly got lucky that Bill Zito is a terrible GM more than anything.

The leverage is simple.... Winnipeg can offer 8 years X-million dollars. If PLD says 1 year Z-Million dollars, then Winnipeg has ZERO Leverage, as every team knows he will be a free agent at years end, and the odds of being a rental, which ties Winnipegs hands, make a playoff run with him (like CBJ with Panarin and Bob knowing they were about to F off) or trade him, and possibly miss the playoffs.

Thinking Winnipeg is in an enviable position of power is borderline asinine.

Ah I see, so we ignore what the player ACTUALLY says and only go by rumours and things that his agent says. Got it. The typical "this doesn't suit my agenda so ignore it" defense.

The leverage Winnipeg has, is that if he won't sign an extension, he will be traded. The Jets would find out which teams he is willing to extend with and work with them for the best offer. From what we know now, if Dubois' main interest is winning and earning maximum dollars, then there should be plenty of teams to work with.

Thinking that that Jets have no options other than letting Dubois walk for nothing or trading him for nothing, even after seeing the Tkachuk trade just seems like agenda pushing. As your argument is "Tkachuk being in the same situation got a good retun so the Jets should expect to get nothing". Lol. A nice "logical" position sarcasm
    17 mars 2023 à 20 h 42
    I Love J Boqvist
    Ah I see, so we ignore what the player ACTUALLY says and only go by rumours and things that his agent says. Got it. The typical "this doesn't suit my agenda so ignore it" defense.

The leverage Winnipeg has, is that if he won't sign an extension, he will be traded. The Jets would find out which teams he is willing to extend with and work with them for the best offer. From what we know now, if Dubois' main interest is winning and earning maximum dollars, then there should be plenty of teams to work with.

Thinking that that Jets have no options other than letting Dubois walk for nothing or trading him for nothing, even after seeing the Tkachuk trade just seems like agenda pushing. As your argument is "Tkachuk being in the same situation got a good retun so the Jets should expect to get nothing". Lol. A nice "logical" position sarcasm

Montreal fans assume that PLD will refuse to play hockey for any team but Montreal for some reason
    17 mars 2023 à 20 h 45
    Quoting: dgibb10
    Montreal fans assume that PLD will refuse to play hockey for any team but Montreal for some reason

Yeah, that's the hard thing, trying to promote the reality over the fantasy.
    17 mars 2023 à 20 h 48
    I Love J Boqvist
    Yeah, that's the hard thing, trying to promote the reality over the fantasy.

Saying "PLD won't resign in winnipeg" is a fair argument and could lead to him being traded. But they assume he'll refuse to play for any other team than montreal, even an actual contender paying him market value, and so they should get him for less than a rental price
    Windjammer a aimé ceci.
    17 mars 2023 à 21 h 1
    Quoting: dgibb10
    Saying "PLD won't resign in winnipeg" is a fair argument and could lead to him being traded. But they assume he'll refuse to play for any other team than montreal, even an actual contender paying him market value, and so they should get him for less than a rental price

True. That's the thing as they've taken PLD's agent saying sure PLD would like to play in Montreal someday as being that PLD himself has made a public announcement saying that he will ONLY play for Montreal and will ONLY sign with Montreal once he hits UFA for whatever Montreal deems fair to pay him.

Then you're told you're sticking your head in the sand if you point out that he hasn't actually said anything close to that.
    17 mars 2023 à 21 h 6
    I Love J Boqvist
    True. That's the thing as they've taken PLD's agent saying sure PLD would like to play in Montreal someday as being that PLD himself has made a public announcement saying that he will ONLY play for Montreal and will ONLY sign with Montreal once he hits UFA for whatever Montreal deems fair to pay him.

Then you're told you're sticking your head in the sand if you point out that he hasn't actually said anything close to that.

They said for months they'd get a bunch of picks for the likes of Edmundson, Anderson, Drouin, Dadonov, Monahan, Allen, Dvorak, etc. Shocker, nobody paid, except a reclamation project for Dadonov half retained.

One chiarot trade made them delusional about everything.
    Windjammer a aimé ceci.
    17 mars 2023 à 21 h 53

I literally linked what Tavares "actually said" and you ignored it, or don't know how to read, i'm leaning towards the latter.

Again, lack of reading comprehension, Zito is a terrible GM.... so, I agree, IF Winnipeg makes a trade with Zito, then yeah, you'll get something, otherwise, you're reading comprehension is still lacking.
    9 juin 2023 à 18 h 33

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/winnipeg-jets/news/report-dubois-has-requested-a-trade-out-of-winnipeg

LOLZ, your take didn't age well, Winnipeg isn't all that important anymore.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage