Forums/Armchair-GM

Trying to think up a storm

Créé par: BestGMBenning
Équipe: 2022-23 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 20 févr. 2023
Publié: 20 févr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
It’s honestly really funny to me when people say this team is slow, because whenever I watch games where they play tougher and younger opponents they actually tend to hold their ground well. Playing nail biting games against those teams and not only holding their ground but also keeping up the pace. The problem is how our bottom 6 has been utilized and how it’s made them super ineffective to the game. Jeff Carter for big instance is supposed to be a scoring threat but that hasn’t been the case at all this year. Sully seems to only want the bottom 6 to play defence and makes them play those defensive battles when it just isn’t some of their style of plays. Jeff Carter isn’t supposed to be playing a role of a defensive forward. He’s not the guy I’d look at in the first place to rely on to play a defensive role which is what I hate when Pens fans say “he’s bad defensively”. So what? So is Geno but that’s barely brought up because he’s actually used right. For Kappy he’s a guy that I think can carry the puck but he’s the only guy that can on a line with Carter and McGinn cause those guys are more used of shooting the puck. But they all see little offensive zone time because of how they are used. And to me that isn’t their faults in the slightest. McGinn has been fine to me as well cause he’s the only real defensive forward on that line. Poehling is a player in the works and he’s been fine so far. He brings that young energy that we really need. But we also don’t get to see much from him as well due to the amount of defensive zone time our bottom 6 has to play. So ya, our bottom 6 does suck but it really isn’t their fault at all. And it’s so wild to look back at the back to back Cup days, our bottom 6 was never used this heavily for defence even though we had Nick Bonino that was our best defensive forward and actually played defence really well.
Our defencemen have been fine honestly. Dumo has shown better results I think after having a really rough go for a bit. Letang has just had a rough year overall and I really hope he’s doing okay altogether(I don’t mean anything wrong with his game it’s just off the ice it had to have been rough). Pettersson has been a treat after all the trade talk surrounding him. Petry is good when he’s healthy. POJ has played a fine game and shows a lot of potential for what he can bring when his game really matures. Rutta has been decent.
Goaltending is where it gets weird. Jarry has been quite good this year actually but it’s the injuries. If he hasn’t been injured much this season we’d probably be enjoying hockey a lot more. DeSmith has been an emotional rollercoaster. When he has good games they are really good but when it’s bad it gets really really bad and I don’t want to blame him for anything cause he’s been having to take on a heavy work load but he’s had some bad games where he couldn’t stop a beach ball.
Transactions
NSH
  1. Kapanen, Kasperi
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (PIT)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (PIT)
PIT
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (MIN)
MIN
  1. Heinen, Danton
Détails additionnels:
ANY TEAM
PIT
  1. Bonino, Nick (1 025 000 $ retained)
SJS
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (NJD)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de MIN
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de FLA
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2482 500 000 $76 035 592 $0 $0 $6 464 408 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Predators de Nashville
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
0 $0 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
UFA - 3
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 2
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
20 févr. 2023 à 5 h 44
Lets go Preds
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 915
I’d do that if I was Nashville
JOFA a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2023 à 6 h 17
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 217
Quoting: GeauxPreds1
I’d do that if I was Nashville

y?
20 févr. 2023 à 6 h 54
Lets go Preds
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 915
Quoting: TheeDjeeEem
y?

Because I wanna sell and if we can get a 2nd and a 3rd for trenin I’m on it
JOFA a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2023 à 7 h 37
Go Preds
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 450
Quoting: GeauxPreds1
Because I wanna sell and if we can get a 2nd and a 3rd for trenin I’m on it

It’s a good haul for a bottom 6 player. I’m glad someone agrees with me that this team needs to sell. Not sure if you agree it needs to be a going out of business everything must go sale. Rebuild this for the future. A John Hynes and David Poile absent future.
GeauxPreds1 a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2023 à 8 h 49
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 414
I appreciate the sentiment, and I don't disagree for the most part, but I think we need something more drastic. When Hextall locked Geno and Tanger in last year, the signs were clearly pointing to us going all in. Now we lack depth and let up the 4th most shots of any team in the NHL. Trenin and Bonino are better depth players than we have now, but that's slapping a bandage on a gunshot. We can't afford to experiment any more with this current group.
The Metro is getting tougher. Isles got Horvat, Rangers got Tarasenko and Motte, Devils are the favorites for Meier. They're making significant changes and we aren't. Our games in hand won't matter if we don't win them. And if we do squeak into the playoffs, we're getting bowled over by Boston or Carolina or someone in round 1.
The worst thing this organization can do is nothing.
20 févr. 2023 à 9 h 46
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 101
Quoting: Haymaker26
I appreciate the sentiment, and I don't disagree for the most part, but I think we need something more drastic. When Hextall locked Geno and Tanger in last year, the signs were clearly pointing to us going all in. Now we lack depth and let up the 4th most shots of any team in the NHL. Trenin and Bonino are better depth players than we have now, but that's slapping a bandage on a gunshot. We can't afford to experiment any more with this current group.
The Metro is getting tougher. Isles got Horvat, Rangers got Tarasenko and Motte, Devils are the favorites for Meier. They're making significant changes and we aren't. Our games in hand won't matter if we don't win them. And if we do squeak into the playoffs, we're getting bowled over by Boston or Carolina or someone in round 1.

I agree, I'm not sure what, but the management needs to do something drastic. Like you said, they made it clear that they want to try and keep the window open and at this point just re-signing the big boys isn't good enough. A good surrounding cast needs to be built. If Hextall can get someone or multiple someones that will be here next year that's a good start. I don't know who that would be. Hextall has been good at the trade deadline the last two years, Carter sucks now, but at the time that was a great trade. Rakell has been great in the top 6.
20 févr. 2023 à 14 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 483
Quoting: Haymaker26

Quoting: Penz87
I agree, I'm not sure what, but the management needs to do something drastic. Like you said, they made it clear that they want to try and keep the window open and at this point just re-signing the big boys isn't good enough. A good surrounding cast needs to be built. If Hextall can get someone or multiple someones that will be here next year that's a good start. I don't know who that would be. Hextall has been good at the trade deadline the last two years, Carter sucks now, but at the time that was a great trade. Rakell has been great in the top 6.

The thing is our top 6 has been great. But at the same time they still need to figure it out cause Jake hasn’t been all that great this year and Rakell all the meanwhile with Zucker have both been low key MVPs. Rust has been very inconsistent which I think has really hurt Geno and Sid’s production. The same goes for Jake, his lack of consistency has hurt Sid. Which sucks cause these past few years before this they have both been elite with Sid. Now they just don’t seem as elite anymore. Jeff obviously isn’t the same player but at the same time I believe he still could be if he’s put in the right situations
Penz87 a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2023 à 14 h 19
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 101
Quoting: BestGMBenning
The thing is our top 6 has been great. But at the same time they still need to figure it out cause Jake hasn’t been all that great this year and Rakell all the meanwhile with Zucker have both been low key MVPs. Rust has been very inconsistent which I think has really hurt Geno and Sid’s production. The same goes for Jake, his lack of consistency has hurt Sid. Which sucks cause these past few years before this they have both been elite with Sid. Now they just don’t seem as elite anymore. Jeff obviously isn’t the same player but at the same time I believe he still could be if he’s put in the right situations

I'm not worried about Jake, while he is having a "down year" he is still a point per game player and is on pace for 36 goals...he's not an issue. You're right about Rusty, although I am not worried about him long-term, he's always been a streaky goal scorer and this year hasn't been great for him. As for Jeff, I think the only place he will be fine at on this roster is 4th line RW. We NEED to go out and get a 3C. I think that is this team's biggest weakness. I mean it's clear that the 3rd line right now is terrible. I don't know if Sullivan is intentionally playing them together to prove a point that Hextall needs to make a trade? Or if Sully is just stubborn and really believes that this line can do something other than get scored on 2-3 times a game and score once every 20 games. For a 3C there isn't much that is worth going after which also means they might be at a premium. Bennet from Florida? They are going to have cap problems when Duclair and Hornqvist get healthy and will need to shed some cap. Domi out of Chicago? He sucks defensively but seems to be doing well offensively this year, but then again, he is playing at 1C, and somebody has to score so more than likely it's the guy getting a big chunk of the ice-time. Henrique out of Anaheim? A lot of ANA fans want a 1st for him...I'm not sure about that, but if that's what it takes then do it. I don't see this team going very far, but if they get a healthy Jarry and Hextall makes a couple moves that make the bottom 6 better...then you never know. All I know is something needs to be done and soon.
BestGMBenning a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage