Man can dream

Créé par: zelda135
Équipe: 2022-23 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 14 févr. 2023
Publié: 14 févr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Transactions
PIT
  1. O'Reilly, Ryan (3 750 000 $ retained)
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (STL)
Détails additionnels:
50% retained
STL
  1. Blueger, Teddy
  2. Hållander, Filip
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (PIT)
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (NJD)
PIT
  1. Gostisbehere, Shayne (2 250 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
50% retained
ARI
  1. Dumoulin, Brian
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (PIT)
PIT
  1. Fleury, Marc-André
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (MIN)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de MIN
Logo de PIT
Logo de STL
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de FLA
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $70 335 592 $0 $0 $12 164 408 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
-1 875 000 $-1 875 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
UFA - 3
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 2
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 févr. 2023 à 20 h 11
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 917
Quoting: RazWild
No I don't, and very clearly you do not as well.

Michael Russo who covers the Wild locally, as well as writes nationally, and is widely regarded as one of the best beat writers in hockey and NHL insiders. However, does. He literally stated in one of his most recent podcasts that the asking price for Toews is a 2nd round pick. Other insiders like Friedman and LeBrun have stated similar asking prices for him as well.

I think it's safe to assume the asking price for Toews is a 2nd.

As for O'Reilly over Toews, I find that incredibly hard to believe.

O'Reilly is having the worst year of his career, and frankly has been atrocious at times. He's easily one the main contributing factors as to why the Blues suck this year. If you don't think NHL GM's consider that, or try to use it to acquire that player for less. I don't know what to tell you. By comparison Toews is playing decent hockey on one of worst teams in the league but they're losing in spite of him, not because of him. Kind of a rather large distinction don’t you think?

At this stage I can't see O'Reilly getting more in a trade package then Toews. Not when Toews has outplayed him this year, on an even worse team no less.

Maybe O'Reilly resigns, maybe not. But I wouldn’t hold my breath on getting nearly as good of a return as you think he can get.

Friedman and others have mentioned that O’Reilly will cost a first or top prospect. Again - I don’t care about Toews. Toews has been awful for years, costs a ton, and has a no move clause so he’s not going just anywhere…O’Reilly has been hurt, can be traded anywhere, and just last year shut down MacKinnon in a playoff series and helped beat your Wild so…

I won’t hold my breath but you can come back here and admit you were wrong if he is traded for 1st equivalent, and I will as well if he is and gets marginal return…
14 févr. 2023 à 20 h 12
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,150
Quoting: noted
I said Buchnevich would require the equivalent of two 1sts (what Fiala was in essence traded for) plus. At the deadline - yes he would costs something in that ballpark seeing as he is signed cheaply for two more years. Fiala costs more than $2m more per than Buch…

If you think Minn could have easily kept Fiala, you obviously have no idea how the cap works and the sort of cap hell Minn is going to be in even without having an almost $8m Fiala on their roster…

Excuse me, I know EXACTLY how the cap works. Keeping Fiala would of meant moving 3-4 players during the offseason to keep him for THIS year and making the cap space sufficient enough to field a roster this year with him on it.

The cost of doing that though would of been Guerin being unable to pay Boldy. Who was due to be an RFA this upcoming offseason. Not to mention RFA's like Addison and Gustavsson too.

So, essentially, five to six players for one. That's not good asset management and why Fiala got moved. But I never said it was advisable, or was advocating it, just that it was doable. Don't act like I did.
14 févr. 2023 à 20 h 14
Excuse me, I know EXACTLY how the cap works. Keeping Fiala would of meant moving 3-4 players during the offseason to keep him for THIS year and making the cap space sufficient enough to field a roster this year with him on it.

The cost of doing that though would of been Guerin being unable to pay Boldy. Who was due to be an RFA this upcoming offseason. Not to mention RFA's like Addison and Gustavsson too.

So, essentially, five to six players for one. That's not good asset management and why Fiala got moved. But I never said it was advisable, or was advocating it, just that it was doable. Don't act like I did.

So yeah - they had to trade him…thanks for proving my previous point…
14 févr. 2023 à 20 h 46

Michael Russo who covers the Wild locally, as well as writes nationally, and is widely regarded as one of the best beat writers in hockey and NHL insiders. However, does. He literally stated in one of his most recent podcasts that the asking price for Toews is a 2nd round pick. Other insiders like Friedman and LeBrun have stated similar asking prices for him as well.

O'Reilly is having the worst year of his career, and frankly has been atrocious at times. He's easily one the main contributing factors as to why the Blues suck this year. If you don't think NHL GM's consider that, or try to use it to acquire that player for less. I don't know what to tell you. By comparison Toews is playing decent hockey on one of worst teams in the league but they're losing in spite of him, not because of him. Kind of a rather large distinction don’t you think?

At this stage I can't see O'Reilly getting more in a trade package then Toews. Not when Toews has outplayed him this year, on an even worse team no less.

Maybe O'Reilly resigns, maybe not. But I wouldn’t hold my breath on getting nearly as good of a return as you think he can get.

Weird - ROR nets a 1st in the below article by Seravalli but I’m sure you know more than him…

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/playing-hockeys-doctor-love-2023-trade-deadline-matchmaker
15 févr. 2023 à 0 h 41
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,403
1) Fiala could easily have been kept. It would simply have required Guerin to move out 3-4 players and their contracts to get it done.

The notion or idea that Minnesota couldn’t fit him in, is a idiotic one at best. They very easily could have. But Guerin chose instead to keep his teams depth intact over one player, and subsequently only making one move versus multiple. Which means less work involved for him as an NHL GM.

Don't confuse that with having to move him. Because that's two very different things.

2) Good for you, don't care. This is about his value, not whether he is available.

3) I don't care one bit about Barbashev, because he's irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Your comment centered on Buchnevich, and what you thought his value was. I responded giving a comparable player, albeit better, who was traded recently for much less than what you said Buchnevich was worth. Then I asked why you think it's possible that Buchnevich could possibly get more than what Fiala did. I then gave my reasons as to why I disagreed.

That's the discussion at hand.

Moving out 3-4 contracts over the past 2-3 seasons due to the stagnant cap has been pretty troublesome for a lot of GMs. Part of the reason why Tarasenko wasn't taken in the expansion draft (and Vince Dunn also being available).

The reason Barbashev was brought up was because one poster was confusing what the reported ask for Barbashev has been which i'm not really sure where that came from because the only reported ask was Kevin Weekes speculating what he thought he could return. The whole point of bring Barbashev into it has to do with trying to correct someone who's mixing up Barby and Buchnevich. I'm not sure if you jumped in and input your opinion without clearly reading everything or what.

Fiala being better than Buchnevich is a very opinionated statement. They both pace near a ppg and have for the last 2-3 seasons. Fiala has stayed a bit healthier, but Fiala also doesn't man the PK like Buchnevich does.

Alot of the speculation on why Fiala was moved was mainly due to his attitude and relationship with the Wilds coach. There are no disputes with Buchnevich that have ever come to light. He's been pretty much only been reported by Blues reporters as one of the locker room favorites (although take that as you will could be pretty bias observation from hometown analysts).

Blues have no reason to move Buchnevich, nor should they. He is contracted for 2 seasons after this at 5.4m playing PP and PK and playing at a ppg. Would we love for him to be a little more healthy? Sure, but not going to knock him too much on that. Fiala was an RFA at the time he was traded and immediately signed a contract. His cap hit is alot harder for teams to fit, at this moment, than Buchnevich's. That being said, it's a pretty valuable contract given the term with the cap starting to rise again. Regardless, the situations of when Fiala was traded and right now with people asking on a fantasy board what it would cost for buchnevich are wildly different.

As for whether for the debate between Toews and O'Reilly on your next post. Toews has a full NMC. He will only be traded if he wants to go, where he wants to go. O'Reilly does not. Factor that in with the additional 2m in cap hit for Toews vs ROR along with the additional salary involved that would have to move (ROR has a 1m base salary, Toews has a 2.9m base salary) yes it's going to be a bit more costly to add in a 3rd party team for double retention on Toews vs ROR. Also, if you're wanting to look at this season as the only measuring mark on what a player is be my guest. I can assure you General Managers will not have the same line of thinking. If you want to put the blame solely on ROR this season by looking at purely stats be my guest. You are vastly overlooking how awful our d core has been at moving the puck and closing out the front of the net.

I'm not saying Toews is a bad player, but there are alot of factors that attribute into his terrible season last season and RORs terrible season this season aside from just looking at stats and saying that guy sucks.
15 févr. 2023 à 8 h 56

Quoting: AC14
Stop man. You’re mixing up Barbashev and Buchnevich. V silly

Oh the irony - RazWild - your boy Russo with an article today describing O'Reilly, his fit with the Wild, and what the cost to get him will probably be....

https://theathletic.com/4199084/2023/02/15/minnesota-wild-trade-fit-patrick-kane/?source=emp_shared_article

Centermen
Ryan O’Reilly, Blues

Contract: Pending UFA, $7.5 million AAV.

Things may heat up fairly quickly with O’Reilly back in the lineup for the first time since Calen Addison broke his foot with a shot on New Year’s Eve. O’Reilly scored in his return and general manager Doug Armstrong made clear after trading Tarasenko that the injuries to Tarasenko and O’Reilly were a reminder that you can’t wait too long on pending free agents or you risk being unable to move them.

Verdict: ROR has had a tough year, but the Blues’ captain would be a perfect fit for a team that doesn’t have a legit upper-echelon center in their lineup beyond Joel Eriksson Ek. He can score, is solid defensively, is uber disciplined (and the Wild are far from it) and he’s one of the best faceoff guys in the league (and the Wild stink in the circle). But the price will be exorbitant (first, another pick and a prospect similar to the Tarasenko price?), and would Doug Armstrong really throw the Wild a life preserver?
15 févr. 2023 à 9 h 27
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,010
Quoting: zelda135
Pens need a backup goalie, DeSmith isn't it. Also gets the Kapanen contract off the books. Only other goalie I would trade for is Demko but his cap hit is higher.

I don't understand the Desmith slander recently. Desmith has been one of the better backup goalies in the league for years and is equal to, if not better than, MAF at half the cost.

I understand trying to get Kap off the books, but you're spending most of that savings on MAF anyways
16 févr. 2023 à 9 h 16
Modifié 16 févr. 2023 à 17 h 12

Oh btw - Russo said on the Athletic Hockey Show podcast yesterday 2/15/2023 within the first 10 minutes of the show that the Wild had to trade Fiala and everyone in the league knew it so it minimized their return...you may step down

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage