Erik Karlsson is ELITE

Créé par: FromNunavut
Équipe: 2022-23 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 6 déc. 2022
Publié: 6 déc. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Transactions
EDM
  1. Karlsson, Erik (3 150 000 $ retained)
SJS
  1. Barrie, Tyson
  2. Puljujärvi, Jesse
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (EDM)
PHI
  1. Foegele, Warren
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (EDM)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2182 500 000 $80 962 333 $896 000 $1 700 000 $1 537 667 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 7
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 4
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
798 000 $798 000 $
C
RFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
925 000 $925 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
6 850 000 $6 850 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
RFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 167 000 $4 167 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 3
Future Norris guy
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 8,625
Sharks aren't eating $15,750,000 on Erik Karlsson, For a cap dump in Tyson Barrie a lesser valued Jesse Puljujarvi and a late 1st and 2nd round pick.
GMTD a aimé ceci.
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 7
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,326
Finally, a plausible Karlsson to Edmonton trade. The only matter left is if Grier is satisfied by the return and if Karlsson waives for Edmonton.

Someone is going to complain about the retention but it is under 11m in real dollars and others will complain about the value without acknowledging that there won't be many trade options and Karlsson's contract still has potential to handicap a team.
FromNunavut et GMTD a aimé ceci.
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 7
Smythe.over.Hart
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,350
Oilers set a record for 500 goals scored in the post lockout era. But set another for 600 goals allowed.
Erik Karlsson is definitely not the answer for Edmonton.
GMTD et CD282 a aimé ceci.
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 20
Kster
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 359
Quoting: GMBL
Finally, a plausible Karlsson to Edmonton trade. The only matter left is if Grier is satisfied by the return and if Karlsson waives for Edmonton.

Someone is going to complain about the retention but it is under 11m in real dollars and others will complain about the value without acknowledging that there won't be many trade options and Karlsson's contract still has potential to handicap a team.

Yes everyone should complain about the retention, come on now. If I were trading a Norris level dman (albeit on a crazy contract) and team wanted me to retain $3+M a year for 5 YEARS - you better be sending me value in return, and that ain’t value in return. SJ’s only motivation is to move out salary and kickstart a rebuild - what is coming back that’ll help them take meaningful steps to do that? Send me your 1st & top prospect (along with some cap dumps on short term deals) or take off, eh. Even Grier is not dumb enough to take that deal.
GMTD a aimé ceci.
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 47
Quoting: kster34
Yes everyone should complain about the retention, come on now. If I were trading a Norris level dman (albeit on a crazy contract) and team wanted me to retain $3+M a year for 5 YEARS - you better be sending me value in return, and that ain’t value in return. SJ’s only motivation is to move out salary and kickstart a rebuild - what is coming back that’ll help them take meaningful steps to do that? Send me your 1st & top prospect (along with some cap dumps on short term deals) or take off, eh. Even Grier is not dumb enough to take that deal.

It's like 30% for 4 years, they might be able to flip Barrie or Puljujarvi elsewhere and you never know with Edmonton that those could be lottery picks, teams won't be knocking down the door for him, it's either Barrie or Zaitzev or someone else not worth mentioning
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: DrDinkiee
Oilers set a record for 500 goals scored in the post lockout era. But set another for 600 goals allowed.
Erik Karlsson is definitely not the answer for Edmonton.

There's probably 10 other trades I'd prefer before this but I like to look at the options
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 32
Hurricane Waddell
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,601
Yes he is, and he’s on the sharks.
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 33
Kster
Quoting: FromNunavut
It's like 30% for 4 years, they might be able to flip Barrie or Puljujarvi elsewhere and you never know with Edmonton that those could be lottery picks, teams won't be knocking down the door for him, it's either Barrie or Zaitzev or someone else not worth mentioning

It’s $3M dead cap for this year & the next 4 years! And he’s the front runner for Norris trophy this year.
No way SJ agrees to retain for that package, imo. Minimum should be 1st + top prospect - otherwise keep him. I hope SJ learned their lesson from Brett Burns deal & Karlson > Burns.
GMTD a aimé ceci.
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 35
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 0

Lets say they add Borberg, cuz i agree with you that the Oilers have to add more..i bet that trade is fairly realistic
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 39
Kster
Quoting: GoOilersEh
Lets say they add Borberg, cuz i agree with you that the Oilers have to add more..i bet that trade is fairly realistic

I don’t know the oiler prospects but if he’s top 2-3 in their system, then i agree - you’re getting close.
GMTD a aimé ceci.
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 41
Modifié 6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 48
Yes everyone should complain about the retention, come on now. If I were trading a Norris level dman (albeit on a crazy contract) and team wanted me to retain $3+M a year for 5 YEARS - you better be sending me value in return, and that ain’t value in return. SJ motivation is to move out salary and kickstart a rebuild - what is coming back that’ll help them take meaningful steps to do that? Send me your 1st & top prospect (along with some cap flaunts on short term deals) or take off, eh. Even Grier is not dumb enough to take that deal.

Let's call it 4.5 years at best.

If you look at it from a financial perspective:
Karlsson only has 2m in salaries left this year, his future salaries is 39m, if you ask me getting out of paying over 28m is great. SJ doesn't have much cap space, and the move frees up 8.35m (that's currently enough cap to sign an elite player). His contract is pretty much buyout proof since it doesn't save them much cap and would require the team to pay 2/3 of his contract too.

With Burns being traded already, and Karlsson and Meier being made available, SJ is probably headed into some sort of rebuild, whether it be a 2-3 year or 5 year remains to be seen, but how much is Karlsson going to be an asset to SJ if he's on their squad?

Yes, Karlsson is a Norris caliber dman, but do you think he's going to be a Norris caliber D-man for 4 more years? His NMC can become very problematic if he drops off especially at 11.5m, since he can't be sent to the minors either if he doesn't want to be there.

His NMC and large reduced cap hit are going to limit his destinations, so it will also limit the return.

Getting off that contract would not be a dumb move by Grier regardless of the return if the plan is to rebuild anyways. He probably can get more but he's not getting a team's 1st+top prospect. Anyone willing to pay that price will just pursue Chychrun. Both guys have a lengthy injury history, but Chychrun is 8 years younger, and carries a cap hit that is 45% less than the retained amount here. Plus, he doesn't have a NMC.
GMTD a aimé ceci.
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 46
Démarrer sujet
I don’t know the oiler prospects but if he’s top 2-3 in their system, then i agree - you’re getting close.

Fine, you can have Lavoie.
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 46
Kster

Karlsson only has 2m in salaries thins year left, his future salaries is 39m, if you ask me getting out of paying over 28m is great. SJ doesn't have much cap space, and the move frees up 8.35m. His contract is pretty much buyout proof since it doesn't save them much cap and would require the team to pay 2/3 of his contract too.

With Burns being traded already, and Karlsson and Meier being made available, SJ is probably headed into some sort of rebuild, whether it be a 2-3 year or 5 year remains to be seen, but how much is Karlsson going to be an asset to SJ if he's on their squad?

Yes, Karlsson is a Norris caliber dman, but do you think he's going to be a Norris caliber D-man for 4 more years? His NMC can become very problematic if he drops off especially at 11.5m, since he can't be sent to the minors either if he doesn't want to be there.

His NMC and even reduced cap hit are going to limit his destinations, so it will also limit the return.

Getting off that contract would not be a dumb move by Grier regardless of the return if the plan is to rebuild anyways. He probably can get more but he's not getting a team's 1st+top prospect. Anyone willing to pay that price will just pursue Chychrun. Both guys have a lengthy injury history, but Chychrun is 8 years younger, and carries a cap hit that is 45% less than the retained amount here. Plus, he doesn't have a NMC.

Erik Karlson has won and looks to be front runner this year to win Norris. Chykrun will never be at that level. Prior to his injury, there was an argument that he was top 3 player in the league and he looks to be getting back close to that level. He’s only 32; with that contract doubtful he can be moved without retention but that will cost you. Imo - he could be the most impactful player on the trade block this year (and he has term); the deal proposed above is garbage and no way SJ accepts that.
If that’s all it takes the Leafs should jump in with a better offer, we have bags of money & cap space.
GMTD a aimé ceci.
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 48
Démarrer sujet

Karlsson only has 2m in salaries left this year, his future salaries is 39m, if you ask me getting out of paying over 28m is great. SJ doesn't have much cap space, and the move frees up 8.35m. His contract is pretty much buyout proof since it doesn't save them much cap and would require the team to pay 2/3 of his contract too.

His NMC and large reduced cap hit are going to limit his destinations, so it will also limit the return.

If this particular trade happend I think they could resign Meier
GMBL et GMTD a aimé ceci.
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 54
Erik Karlson has won and looks to be front runner this year to win Norris. Chykrun will never be at that level. Prior to his injury, there was an argument that he was top 3 player in the league and he looks to be getting back close to that level. He’s only 32; with that contract doubtful he can be moved without retention but that will cost you. Imo - he could be the most impactful player on the trade block this year (and he has term); the deal proposed above is garbage and no way SJ accepts that.

Doesn't matter that Karlsson is better than Chychrun.

Just merely moving Karlsson benefits the SJs if they are getting 8.35m back, that's enough to sign an elite player. If they are rebuilding, they don't need him. Their core isn't good enough to compete clearly, so it's time to dismantle the core. So, whatever assets they can recuperate it's a bonus. Couture and Vlasic are probably going nowhere.
GMTD a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2022 à 0 h 1
If this particular trade happend I think they could resign Meier

I wonder how the Oilers would afford their guys though in the long-term if the cap only goes up like 20m in the next 4 years. Draisaitl is probably taking 5m more, Skinner could be 4.1m more, then there's Bouchard, Broberg, and Holloway if they amount to anything.
7 déc. 2022 à 0 h 3
Kster
Doesn't matter that Karlsson is better than Chychrun.

Just merely moving Karlsson benefits the SJs if they are getting 8.35m back, that's enough to sign an elite player. If they are rebuilding, they don't need him. Their core isn't good enough to compete clearly, so it's time to dismantle the core. So, whatever assets they can recuperate it's a bonus. Couture and Vlasic are probably going nowhere.

You brought up chykrun - I was just pointing out Karlson is at a different level, so not sure what your point was. Agree 100%, SJ should move him, but not for that garbage offer. He is an elite player and elite players - with term and a reasonable cap (assuming retention as proposed) - get more than a late 1st + mid level prospect + cap dumps back.
And your argument about saving cap space makes no sense - if they are rebuilding, there is no urgency to move him for cap space
7 déc. 2022 à 0 h 10
Démarrer sujet
You brought up chykrun - I was just pointing out Karlson is at a different level, so not sure what your point was. Agree 100%, SJ should move him, but not for that garbage offer. He is an elite player and elite players - with term and a reasonable cap (assuming retention as proposed) - get more than a late 1st + mid level prospect + cap dumps back.
And your argument about saving cap space makes no sense - if they are rebuilding, there is no urgency to move him for cap space

This is probably in the range of the better offers they can receive while not retaining as much, no team is picking up EK at 11.5M who finally looks to be back from a history of injuries, is a gamble in fact the biggest gamble, not the most impactful, that's Kane, Toews, Horvat, Meier maybe Karlsson. Chychrun is a gamble but still young, almost 3 times cheaper and plays defense
7 déc. 2022 à 0 h 18
Kster
This is probably in the range of the better offers they can receive while not retaining as much, no team is picking up EK at 11.5M who finally looks to be back from a history of injuries, is a gamble in fact the biggest gamble, not the most impactful, that's Kane, Toews, Horvat, Meier maybe Karlsson. Chychrun is a gamble but still young, almost 3 times cheaper and plays defense

Agree to disagree; karlson’s 6th in the league in scoring as a dman. He has 1 less goal & 10 more points than Meier as a dman! He would have way more impact than any of the forwards you mentioned and all of them will cost much more than what was shown above. Contract is tough but $3-4M retention puts him at $7.5-8.5M which is great value for a perennial Norris contender. He’s only 32 so as long as he stays healthy (& he looks fantastic so far), minimal risk. Just no way that’s the best offer for him. If it is, my Leafs should jump in - we can offer better than that
GMTD a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2022 à 0 h 28

I mentioned Chychrun because if the ask on Karlsson is a 1st+top prospect, they might as well pursue him, especially a cap-strapped team like EDM. They could then also add someone else with the remaining 3.75m like Patrick Kane or Jonathan Toews or a free agent next season. Karlsson is probably not having a larger impact than Chychrun and Kane or Toews combined.

Any team making an offer for Karlsson is probably offering a late 1st, so there really is no need to mention that, it's why there is the 2nd round pick too. Barrie is a good OFD (on pace for 50 pts) and sucks defensively but Karlsson is literally just an elite version of him, his cap hit isn't significant, so while he may have no value to SJ now, he is someone that they can move as a rental the following year. Puljujarvi is possibly a bust but he's an RFA up for an extension next year, he was a former 3rd OV pick so there's some upside there. They probably could get a B-level prospect too, but a GM who gives a top prospect and a current 1st for Karlsson at 8.35m or more would be the fool.

There's also the risk that Karlsson gets injured, he's been mediocre for years because of injuries. His history cannot be ignored. It's a very high risk move to acquire Karlsson, even if the reward is high.
GMTD a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2022 à 0 h 31
Kster
I mentioned Chychrun because if the ask on Karlsson is a 1st+top prospect, they might as well pursue him, especially a cap-strapped team like EDM. They could then also add someone else with the remaining 3.75m like Patrick Kane or Jonathan Toews or a free agent next season.

Any team making an offer for Karlsson is probably offering a late 1st, so there really is no need to mention that, it's why there is the 2nd round pick too. Barrie is a good OFD (on pace for 50 pts) and sucks defensively but Karlsson is literally just an elite version of him, his cap hit isn't significant, so while he may have no value to SJ now, he is someone that they can move as a rental the following year. Puljujarvi is possibly a bust but he's an RFA up for an extension next year, he was a former 3rd OV pick so there's some upside there. They probably could get a B-level prospect too, but a GM who gives a top prospect and a current 1st for Karlsson at 8.35m or more would be the fool.

By your logic, Ceci is similar to Hedman tears of joy , just not an elite version.
When Karlson wins the Norris (again) and Barrie is still on oilers after they crash & burn( b/c if he could be flipped, he would have been by now) we’ll talk
7 déc. 2022 à 0 h 42
By your logic, Ceci is similar to Hedman tears of joy , just not an elite version.
When Karlson wins the Norris (again) and Barrie is still on oilers after they crash & burn( b/c if he could be flipped, he would have been by now) we’ll talk

The difference is one team is trying to compete and the other probably isn't. SJ will have 1 retention slot next year, and I'm sure they can get something for Barrie at 2.25m. No one is going to take Barrie off the Oilers to just help them, plus the Oilers won't be looking for assets since they are trying to win. Even if Barrie was a straight cap dump it doesn't matter since he's off the books after next season, Karlsson still has 4 more. My comment about Barrie vs Karlsson is just to say that Barrie is actually a good OFD, if he was a trash player, then Karlsson is overrated and is just a good player and not elite which is obviously not the case.

What exactly does Karlsson winning the Norris mean for SJ as an organization, if they aren't even a playoff team? There are so many players who would trade all their personal accolades for a cup.
FromNunavut et GMTD a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2022 à 3 h 15
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 12,063
I agree Karlsson is ELITE for about 50 games a season at least.
7 déc. 2022 à 5 h 43
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,384
This would cost way too much real dollar for San Jose to accept. Barrie is owned close to 10mil, retention is 15 mil. Puljujarvi, late first and second is not worth that much.
GMTD a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2022 à 7 h 12
Quoting: Czu8iks
This would cost way too much real dollar for San Jose to accept. Barrie is owned close to 10mil, retention is 15 mil. Puljujarvi, late first and second is not worth that much.

The above retention is less than 15m, Karlsson's base salary is only 2m this season (bonus is already paid) and his future salaries are 39m. Barrie is owed 5m next year, so they could always just wait until the deadline where the Oilers have paid 2/3 of Barrie's 4.5m this year. However, Karlsson is owed 39m in future salaries 30% (3.45m retention) would be 11.7m in real dollars cost to them, so even if you want to call it 9.5m+3m+11.7m that SJ has to pay, they are still saving ~14.8m.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage