Forums/Armchair-GM

What I would like to see tried

Créé par: mvp13
Équipe: 2022-23 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 7 oct. 2022
Publié: 7 oct. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Jimmy Vesey is just not the answer... the Kid Line still looks good... so, let's see something.

The Kreider-Zibanejad pairing 5 on 5 seems to work best with someone who is going to get the puck on net (Vatrano, etc). Kravstov is a guy looking for confidence, so being told "just shoot the puck on goal" could be good for him. He also comes with playmaking ability which can be useful when he gets said confidence. Kreider and Zibanejad are the scorers on this line, so they should be looking for someone to collect the apples.

The Panarin-Strome pairing 5 on 5 always worked best with a grinder who caused havoc out in front (Fast, Blackwell, etc)... I know Trocheck is different, but Blais is the best available option for that right now.

I also added Laffy to the top power play unit, so he gets some time with the big boys to work on his development. This also improves the second unit with Trocheck, so that hopefully gets them a little more playing time.

Before you put Jimmy Vesey in this top 9, I think this is something to consider.
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de DAL
Logo de NYR
Logo de COL
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de DAL
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $82 366 469 $0 $3 700 000 $133 531 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
875 000 $875 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 7
1 525 000 $1 525 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DG
RFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance50 000 $$50K)
G
NMC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 oct. 2022 à 8 h 56
NYR27
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 66
I really agree with your lines and rationale. I could see Kravtsov on the second PP unit instead of Blais as Trocheck can provide that net-front presence. I would also like to see them utilize Reaves more sparingly and put in someone with a little more speed/skill against faster teams.

I do think Vesey gets a contract because honestly why not, he just adds some depth. I think he is a better version of Hunt too.
7 oct. 2022 à 9 h 19
i dunno
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 293
Kravvy's main skill is scoring goals, that's what he's been working on with Panarin, so you're solution is to put him with Kreider, a goal scorer, and Zibanejad.. another goal scorer? I mean I know Zibanejad is an underrated passer and last year he was great as a playmaker, but he's still one of our top goal scorers, why would you put them all on the same line instead of keeping Kravtsov with Panarin? Yes, that line has struggled a bit, but you can't just completely throw a good concept out because it didn't work in a few pre-season games, especially not when Trocheck is still getting used to the Rangers system and Kravtsov just came from the KHL.

Blais is not a top 6 forward, I don't understand why we should keep trying to have him there. Sure he has a bit of offense, but he isn't top 6 caliber. We don't wanna be stuck in another Dryden Hunt situation

The 4th line is good, but I'd rather see Vesey as the 13th or 14th forward over Gauth or Hunt.

Ideally, the team would look like this:

Kreider/Laffy - Zibanejad - Kreider/Laffy
This line did work for parts of last season. I know in a few games their underlying numbers weren't great, but I feel like it just needs some time. I would probably try Kreider on the RW with Laffy on the left, as Kreider has played well on the right before. Laffy, especially on the left, would probably suit that line well. He is more of a playmaker than Kravtsov and has a ton of talent to help drive the line. Especially after seeing how he played in the playoffs last season, I could absolutely see that line doing very well

Panarin - Trocheck - Kravtsov
My mentality with this line is to just give it time. Trocheck and Kravtsov are both shoot-first players, Panarin is a pure playmaker. Panarin and Kravtsov seem to have a good friendship and could easily form a pretty good duo, Trocheck is more defensive and might stay back a little and let Panarin and Kravtsov do the work up front. Kakko might also be a good option for this line, and if we're breaking up the kid line anyway, seeing Kakko in the top 6 would be nice.

Vesey/Blais - Chytil - Kakko
Preferably, I do want to keep Chytil and Kakko together. They played great together in the playoffs, Kakko often played the net front and behind the net, he showed good playmaking too, while Chytil played like a true goal scorer. Vesey has been very good in the preseason, he's definitely earned a contract and probably a roster spot. I think he could complete that 3rd line. Blais is another option, Goodrow could also fill in, but towards the end of the season, I'd have Othmann take that LW spot.

Goodrow - Carpenter/Rydahl - Reaves/Blais
There are probably 6 or 7 forward that would fit on the 3rd line, but ideally this line would be Goodrow - Rydahl - Blais with either Hunt or Carpenter as the 13th forward
7 oct. 2022 à 15 h 16
Mentions "j'aime": 58
Quoting: tea
Kravvy's main skill is scoring goals, that's what he's been working on with Panarin, so you're solution is to put him with Kreider, a goal scorer, and Zibanejad.. another goal scorer? I mean I know Zibanejad is an underrated passer and last year he was great as a playmaker, but he's still one of our top goal scorers, why would you put them all on the same line instead of keeping Kravtsov with Panarin? Yes, that line has struggled a bit, but you can't just completely throw a good concept out because it didn't work in a few pre-season games, especially not when Trocheck is still getting used to the Rangers system and Kravtsov just came from the KHL.

Blais is not a top 6 forward, I don't understand why we should keep trying to have him there. Sure he has a bit of offense, but he isn't top 6 caliber. We don't wanna be stuck in another Dryden Hunt situation

The 4th line is good, but I'd rather see Vesey as the 13th or 14th forward over Gauth or Hunt.

Ideally, the team would look like this:

Kreider/Laffy - Zibanejad - Kreider/Laffy
This line did work for parts of last season. I know in a few games their underlying numbers weren't great, but I feel like it just needs some time. I would probably try Kreider on the RW with Laffy on the left, as Kreider has played well on the right before. Laffy, especially on the left, would probably suit that line well. He is more of a playmaker than Kravtsov and has a ton of talent to help drive the line. Especially after seeing how he played in the playoffs last season, I could absolutely see that line doing very well

Panarin - Trocheck - Kravtsov
My mentality with this line is to just give it time. Trocheck and Kravtsov are both shoot-first players, Panarin is a pure playmaker. Panarin and Kravtsov seem to have a good friendship and could easily form a pretty good duo, Trocheck is more defensive and might stay back a little and let Panarin and Kravtsov do the work up front. Kakko might also be a good option for this line, and if we're breaking up the kid line anyway, seeing Kakko in the top 6 would be nice.

Vesey/Blais - Chytil - Kakko
Preferably, I do want to keep Chytil and Kakko together. They played great together in the playoffs, Kakko often played the net front and behind the net, he showed good playmaking too, while Chytil played like a true goal scorer. Vesey has been very good in the preseason, he's definitely earned a contract and probably a roster spot. I think he could complete that 3rd line. Blais is another option, Goodrow could also fill in, but towards the end of the season, I'd have Othmann take that LW spot.

Goodrow - Carpenter/Rydahl - Reaves/Blais
There are probably 6 or 7 forward that would fit on the 3rd line, but ideally this line would be Goodrow - Rydahl - Blais with either Hunt or Carpenter as the 13th forward

Good summation and in agreement. Laffy has earned the chance to get 1L minutes and has the quick playmaking skills to fit with KZ. Kakko is underrated as a playmaker and he does well with a finisher like Chytil when he is not overshadowed. CK could become like KZ. Definitely 2nd line concept is strong, stick with it. Give Blais a role on 3rd line and develop his offensive upside with CK and let Goodrow lead 4th line and be the floater. Reaves will be part-time and I am not sold on Vesey, he can be streaky, so I would like a better 13th forward option but there may not be a better alternative, maybe Rydahl and Carpenter eventually. Kostin hit the waiver wire, any thoughts?
8 oct. 2022 à 12 h 19
i dunno
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 293
Quoting: busters99
Good summation and in agreement. Laffy has earned the chance to get 1L minutes and has the quick playmaking skills to fit with KZ. Kakko is underrated as a playmaker and he does well with a finisher like Chytil when he is not overshadowed. CK could become like KZ. Definitely 2nd line concept is strong, stick with it. Give Blais a role on 3rd line and develop his offensive upside with CK and let Goodrow lead 4th line and be the floater. Reaves will be part-time and I am not sold on Vesey, he can be streaky, so I would like a better 13th forward option but there may not be a better alternative, maybe Rydahl and Carpenter eventually. Kostin hit the waiver wire, any thoughts?

Rydahl is probably the guy I'd like to see in the lineup the most out of the current 13th/14th forward contenders, but he got sent down, which was expected given he's waiver exempt. I agree that claiming another depth forward would be nice, given the amount of young/unproven players we're relying on.

The kids should definitely get more time, but I agree that I like the CK combo. They've already shown some good chemistry, especially in last years playoffs when on multiple occasions Kakko dished very nice passes to Chytil (some linked below), which is great to see. That combo complimented with someone like Blais or even Vesey could form a veery competent 3rd line, which in this case should get at least 15 mins of TOI per game.

In my opinion tho, the largest problem that needs addressing is the fact that our 7th defenseman is currently Libor Hajek, and after that I guess the next option is either Jarred Tinordi or Matthew Robertson, one of whom sucks and one of whom is far from NHL ready.
busters99 a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 15 h 22
Mentions "j'aime": 58
Modifié 8 oct. 2022 à 15 h 44
Quoting: tea
Rydahl is probably the guy I'd like to see in the lineup the most out of the current 13th/14th forward contenders, but he got sent down, which was expected given he's waiver exempt. I agree that claiming another depth forward would be nice, given the amount of young/unproven players we're relying on.

The kids should definitely get more time, but I agree that I like the CK combo. They've already shown some good chemistry, especially in last years playoffs when on multiple occasions Kakko dished very nice passes to Chytil (some linked below), which is great to see. That combo complimented with someone like Blais or even Vesey could form a veery competent 3rd line, which in this case should get at least 15 mins of TOI per game.

In my opinion tho, the largest problem that needs addressing is the fact that our 7th defenseman is currently Libor Hajek, and after that I guess the next option is either Jarred Tinordi or Matthew Robertson, one of whom sucks and one of whom is far from NHL ready.

It would be great if Vesey works out, reproduce numbers from 2016-2019, and continue his PK skills would be nice.

Juuso Välimäki is on the waiver wire. Prefer him as 7th D for $1,550,000?

Kaut for $863,333 is also on waivers.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage