Forums/Armchair-GM

Filling RD longterm with RFA

Créé par: Billy316
Équipe: 2022-23 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 21 août 2022
Publié: 21 août 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Before we start this post is AFTER the TDL in 2022-23 when we sold.
The lines are based on building up next years crop of UFA's for similar returns.
The youth have a strong team in Laval and Primeau carried half an ECHL team to a ECF game 7.
Imagine what MTL's farm team can do if they dont make half their roster ineligible for play again this year?
That's the secondary motivation here as giving Primeau the Run Support he needs helps us bottom line.
Given Price's situation they announced its no more important then ever he's ready after the 2023 Draft to play big games for us.

Durzi is my target for only 1 reason over Jordan Spence who i've watched live years and know him better
That said Durzi's the guy with established Chemistry with Suzuki on ice and off as they're best friends as per Suzuki on draft day.
Not saying its my only motivation to acquire either is based solely on the above.

Durzi is a strong PP performer and would compliment Matheson's style hopefully helping raise his value.
Longterm the motivation here if for Durzi & Barron to be in a similar position as Petry with Weber as our 1-2 punch on RD.
The Vision ultimately for the D core in 2024-25 we want this:

Harris-Durzi
Ghule-Barron
Xhekaj-Mailloux
Struble

Why bother overpaying for a RD prospect now when we're tanking ?
Better to break in the new guys in Durzi and Barron this year allowing for growing pains to
Happen during a year where it can help you get a high pick a draft where 7/10 projected are Centers

By doing this they address a big hole especially on their PP where 15/27 points came from his rookie year.
He's heavy into special teams and MTL doesnt have that type of depth in that department .

Again Spence would work just as well but has little to no PP upside that said is great on the PK.
Its the difference between acquiring a Petry type and a Matheson basically same level but 1/2 is a PP QB

With 5 UFA's this year and another 5 UFA's next year Hughes will land a great deal of picks.
What we're giving up is a drop in the bucket compared to what we'll be getting from them.
We'll have a youth core come out with 2-5 years experience hopefully playing as a unit while shedding UFA's

With Slavkovsky(IMO) ,Kidney ,Heineman ,Ghule,Xhekaj,Norlinder, and Myak at the AHL level this year as MTL's top prospects.
This gives them a depth on top of the ECF game 7 team they already had making them a real threat.
This is without including Roy,Mesar, Beck,Hutson,Struble,Tuch,Trudeau,Kappanen ,Simmoneau or Mailloux who are 1-2 years away from joining Laval or MTL

The depth is getting insane as prospect continue to over achieve
Even undrafted pick ups like Xhekaj was dominant this past year taking out Ghule in the Memorial Cup Semi Final.

What we need to do is keep building and selling here
Keep a few core pieces who carry a role that cant be filled yet
Once it can trade them too

Only players who should remain who are over 25 today are Gallagher and Anderson.
While trading Anderson might make us a profit its a big hole and he plays well with the youth.
Gally i expect a rebound year but even if he does and scores 30 goals the odds of moving him are round.
Its simply too much term even if you could get around the cap , so why bother moving him?
He's a good leader and like Dustin Brown in LAK can have a positive impact going forward.

Everyone else with UFA status though goes, if you're not an RFA still in the next 2 years , you're gone .

The remaining holes left were for next years NHL draft where 7/10 top picks are projected Centers.
We got 2 picks in a deep draft with 5 UFA's this year and 5 next year to proit off of.
The rest can be handled with AHL call ups of which we'll have nearly a dozen players join Laval over next 2 years
As time goes on talent will Cycle in and Veterans will leave and we'll profit each time.
So why not spend a little of it on a RD we know can work here while his team is in the mood to part with him?

I personally think alone Durzi is a good Power Play Player
But reuinted with Suzuki he'll become a Great Power Play Player.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 700 000 $
1900 000 $
24 500 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Bäck, Oskar
  2. Faksa, Radek
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (DAL)
Détails additionnels:
Drouin's cap and Faksa cancel each other from that POV.

As far as Value as is DAL is in a similar position with Faksa as we are Armia , That said Faksa's a great faceoff guy for 4th line and while overpaid by a lot if still more then effective.

I wouldnt consider it a cap Dump as its not. Its using this deal as an excuse to move him.(or Khudobin)

MTL gets to sell him as early as next year for more profit. DAL gets to drop 2 years term and add a playoff depth piece doing it.

DAL cost is low outside the Conditional 3rd that becomes a 2nd if DAL makes WCF with Drouin playing atleast 50% of the games in 1 round.
DAL
  1. Drouin, Jonathan (2 750 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
Drouin in this scenario stays healthy. IF he's healthy scoring at his normal average of 59.96% in MTL that put him at lets say 25 pts in 42 games or 34 in 58 if he doesnt miss any games at all

MTL's PP should boost his numbers as Drouin's always been top 3 in that regard. When he sat out that year it took almost a 7 weeks for Weber to pass him for 1st in PP production in MTL

As a Pending UFA teams have paid a lot more for a lot less and for players while they were still on LTIR even. (cup winner Timmonen for example)
MTL
  1. Zanetti, Brian [Liste de réserve]
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (FLA)
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (PHI)
Détails additionnels:
MTL's upside here as always is simple
They get paid ontop of a Conditional 1st they got already. It doesnt mean MTL needs another homerun 1st pick to find more value then it would provide.(Hughes did that with COL with 1st's on the table elsewhere took a 2nd and filled 1/2 slots in his biggest hole he inhereited .

Condtional 2nd becomes a 1st in 2024 if PHI makes SCF before the draft in 2024
PHI
  1. Monahan, Sean (3 187 500 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
Monahan doesnt rebound to his former glory IMO but i think he produces something like 28-32 points in 58 games if he plays them all. His value will stem around his faceoff ability for a lot of teams looking for added Possession time as Monahan slowly settle's into a Matt Cullen like position on 4th line

I think that puts him in the middle of the pack at the TDL in the Faceoff Center Market in a leargue full of buyers.

In the end i think Manahan lands a Prospect B- to B+ value a 2nd and a 3rd round pick. Offers of a 1st rounder will be there but Hughes always says he prefer's players who are in the AHL around 20-23 ready to jump to AHL soon
MTL
  1. Ranta, Sampo
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (COL)
Détails additionnels:
-Condtional 2nd that becomes a 1st if Dadanov makes SCF with COL playing 50% games or more
-Pro level prospect in a Ylonen like position where he close to the NHL but not quite there yet.
COL
  1. Dadonov, Evgeni (2 500 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
He got 43 in 78 for 55% rate of production when he plays with a 68% over the past 5 years . I predict a similar pace for something like 37 points in 58 games before the TDL
MTL
    Allen's trade home is harder to project at the TDL given it will largely be based on Starters being injured on Contending Teams IMO. If Hughes was just going to move him this summer it woulda happened by now and is more likely at the TDL

I think it will be VGK after whatever they try fails.
    I dont think he'll be first option but i think Broissoit will end up back on IR trying to carry that load given he was a practice goalie waived more then anyone else in the past 3 years

But im just going to leave this one blank as its not worth a big philosophical debate over where he lands based on a context we cant predict if we tried.
    COL
    1. Allen, Jake
    Détails additionnels:
    I figure a 2nd or a 3rd rounder depending on how banged up playoff team's starters are by the TDL
    MTL
    1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (TBL)
    Détails additionnels:
    He'll just be a depth pick up at the TDL for insurance
    With Mcdonugh gone a little insurance cant hurt
    TBL
    1. Schueneman, Corey
    Détails additionnels:
    Schuneman walked into an NHL role and looked like he belonged in his 6pts in 24 games. Reminds me of Kulak when we first got him as a solid #6/7 Dman who can play both sides and fill in during injuries in the top 4 if needed.

Good depth piece pick up and Given
    Morrow
    Jerebek
    Reilly
    ext

All got around a 4th round pick
    Being on a league minimum he'll gain interest from teams who just dont have the cap space to add depth

I predict a Conditional 4th from TBL that becomes a 3rd if they win the Stanley Cup with Schuneman playing 1 game for them minimum
    MTL
    1. Durzi, Sean [Droits de RFA]
    Détails additionnels:
    MTL Acquires Durzi during Camp before the TDL unlike the rest of these deals. MTL gets him on a 1 year deal he'll have signed in this scenario for 950k

MTL offers Durzi a 2 year deal worth 4.5 m after Durzi scores 30 points in 58 games up until the TDL in his sophmore year, The idea is to give him time to show consistent improvement then give him a payday around age 25-26
    LAK
    1. Norlinder, Mattias
    2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (MTL)
    3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (MTL)
    4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (MTL)
    Détails additionnels:
    2024 1st in top 3 protected and if MTL retains the pick then LAK gets an unprotected 2025 1st round pick (best of CGY/MTL picks)
    Rachats de contrats
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de FLA
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de FLA
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de VGK
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de COL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2382 500 000 $71 889 166 $1 132 500 $5 070 000 $10 610 834 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
    950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
    AD, AG
    RFA - 3
    7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
    C
    UFA - 8
    880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
    C, AD
    RFA - 4
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
    C
    UFA - 3
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 5
    3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 3
    Logo de Stars de Dallas
    3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
    C, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
    C
    UFA - 3
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    DG/DD
    RFA - 2
    900 000 $900 000 $
    G
    RFA - 3
    875 000 $875 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
    DD
    RFA - 2
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance507 500 $$508K)
    DG/DD
    RFA - 1
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 3
    762 500 $762 500 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    21 août 2022 à 20 h 59
    Dr
    Rejoint: juill. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 115
    Not a bad deal for Dallas.
    Im not a big fan of Drouin, but if he got his production back on track by deadline I would take this deal. Just to get out of Faksa’s deal mainly. Drouin can go wherever he wants at free agency.
    Billy316 a aimé ceci.
    21 août 2022 à 21 h 12
    Démarrer sujet
    Jesus Christ Is King
    Rejoint: mars 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 740
    Quoting: RobbinGoods
    Not a bad deal for Dallas.
    Im not a big fan of Drouin, but if he got his production back on track by deadline I would take this deal. Just to get out of Faksa’s deal mainly. Drouin can go wherever he wants at free agency.

Faksa for us has a double bonus
    He'll bolster Dvorak's numbers by proxy as Faksa is probably one of the top 15 Defensive Center Faceoff winners the past 5 years as its primarily his only role.
    While Dvorak can handle them fine he's no where near as effective as he is on NZ and OZ faceoffs.
    The 2nd bonus is more Possession time for Armia who can move with the puck and while his chances werent going in the effort was always there last year.
    I think putting Faksa with him will help boost his value by proxy while bolstering our 4th line's Size and Versitility
    21 août 2022 à 21 h 58
    Representing the 505
    Rejoint: sept. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,687
    I could see the Avs wanting someone like Dadonov at the TDL but they'd be more likely to trade someone like Kaut, who is NHL ready but they don't seem interested in giving a real shot to.
    22 août 2022 à 3 h 22
    Démarrer sujet
    Jesus Christ Is King
    Quoting: NMAvsFan
    I could see the Avs wanting someone like Dadonov at the TDL but they'd be more likely to trade someone like Kaut, who is NHL ready but they don't seem interested in giving a real shot to.

Sure , ill take the better player of the two
    Like Khovanov in MIN who was just released (MIN didnt even Retain his rights like every NHL team does with Russians )
    I took Ranta because his development hit a brick wall during the pandemic playing in North America.

Borgstrom went through it too and went from one of FLA's top pro beside Heponiemi to basically given away in a trade to CHI.
    Kuat's one of the few foreigners doing well during the Pandemic over here in COL AHL Organization which is why i didnt take him.
    22 août 2022 à 9 h 14
    Rejoint: juin 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,731
    Quoting: Billy316
    Faksa for us has a double bonus
    He'll bolster Dvorak's numbers by proxy as Faksa is probably one of the top 15 Defensive Center Faceoff winners the past 5 years as its primarily his only role.
    While Dvorak can handle them fine he's no where near as effective as he is on NZ and OZ faceoffs.
    The 2nd bonus is more Possession time for Armia who can move with the puck and while his chances werent going in the effort was always there last year.
    I think putting Faksa with him will help boost his value by proxy while bolstering our 4th line's Size and Versitility

Sounds good. I’ll help him pack

Jokes aside I’m hoping a better coach and hopefully better line mates gets some of his old production back. That said I still don’t like having that cap hit around moving forward
    Billy316 a aimé ceci.
    22 août 2022 à 18 h 52
    Démarrer sujet
    Jesus Christ Is King
    Quoting: SlevinKalevra
    Sounds good. I’ll help him pack

Jokes aside I’m hoping a better coach and hopefully better line mates gets some of his old production back. That said I still don’t like having that cap hit around moving forward

TBH if he wasnt one of the better 4th line Centers in the NHL i'd be out.
    I'd say Sissons who just got a promotion was #1 on 4th line for years

Now i think you got Cizikas, Faksa, Monahan, Bellmare and Bozak are the top 5 guys to Center 4th line regularly/consistently.
    His contracts rough sure but we'll need him the next 2 years anyways and get to sell him for a profit after that.
    I sinicerely think a line of Armia and Faksa Strength could be great as it will give Armia support along the boards and increased possession time.
    The more possession time Armia has the more points our Defense have (he wins a lot of battles along the boards for us )

Pezzetta-Faksa-Armia is pretty good
    It gives Pezzetta a chance to step up his game too with a Center who actually wins faceoffs (less chasing and more shooting time)
    He's much better at his age then Deslauriers was in the same role and Deslauriers atleast when he was here was pretty solid actually.
    If we can mold Allen Jackson Jr (lol) into a solid 4th line guy beside those 2 and can lead when they're gone .(Pezzetta was a Center until he got to MTL, Faksa can help him jump to it here)

Having him despite his cap has a lot of upside for MTL
    That said we woulda just rather 1 for 1 traded you Savard filling a hole each team has
    That said i couldnt find a team Drouin made sense on besides DAL because their best case scenario is Drouin is healthy but even on LTIR
    They clear 3.5m for 2 additional years cap for a B+ prospect and a pick that wont convert past a 3rd so win win win no matter what way you slice it for DAL

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage