Forums/Armchair-GM

Thought exercise

Créé par: Islesforthecup
Équipe: 2022-23 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 25 juill. 2022
Publié: 25 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
With gaudreau/tkachuk now off the table it doesnt seem like there are any more elite Ws to grab for this season. That said we desperately need exactly that and i really really dont want kadri for anything more than 4×6 (which he will get just hopefully not from us). However there is another top ufa that just might be able to help. This is certainly not an ideal situation but with an aging roster wasting a season looking for that winger isnt a viable option imo.
It might not be a 1 for 1 dont get hung up on value unless you think theres a big difference between them.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
66 500 000 $
Transactions
WPG
  1. Dobson, Noah [Droits de RFA]
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $82 457 820 $245 796 $1 287 500 $42 180 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
AG
UFA - 4
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
AD
RFA - 1
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 4
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $ (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
AG
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C
UFA - 5
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 7
6 150 000 $6 150 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 8
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG
UFA - 4
775 000 $775 000 $
DD
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
From an islanders perspective is this concept something that should be considered or should it be completely off the table.
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 50
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
Quoting: Isles5513
I looked at ur profile and IK you root for both Ontario teams. But do you know how much isles fans dislike Leafs fans and how rare it is for us to agree on anything? Mainly cause of Jake Muzzin but still!!! 😂😂😂

Muzzin at this stage is an albatross contract. Very tough to move.

Leafs fan yes. Realist too.
Not_Isles5513 a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 50
1GarthSnowFan
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,803
Quoting: swinny
Likely Holmstrom is another year away, buy I agree.

Development is fickle, and takes time.

I just think this guy believes the Islander can somehow win a Cup. I don't see that happening without major surgery in the top 3 lines. They compete, but I the East, they are a wild card team at best.

I’m not too worried cause the rangers and pens r significantly weaker after this off season. Adding Romanov should fix their left side cause Salo was ok when he played last year. Not saying they r world beaters but I think they don’t have to rely on making it thru the wild card.
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 51
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: Islesforthecup
No you are fundamentally wrong here. I agree with you in that they should be building. But like it or not lou is trying to win now. Otherwise explain last years TDL? Explain keeping varly and mayfield? Explain re-signing clutter and parise. If they were building theyd use those spots for young guys but they arent. Theyre trying to win now for better or worse.

Lou resigned productive veterans. That doesn’t mean he’s trying to trade all his young talent. He just acquired a long term d partner for Dobson. Jesus h Christ.
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 53
1GarthSnowFan
Muzzin at this stage is an albatross contract. Very tough to move.

Leafs fan yes. Realist too.

This dude needs to stop pretending this is what Lou wants because Lou’s moves up to this point are completely different. Lou is relying on internal development and coaching to get this team to the playoffs. And honestly I think Lambert can get more out of this team than Trotz did last year.
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,406
You mean because they signed Parise to a minimum deal? That’s good value lol. Even Clutterbuck can probably be effective for two years. Jfresh says the identity line is the only islanders line who did what they were supposed to last year for ****s sake Lmao.

But according to you theyre not trying to win now. So why keep clutter to kill penalties when hes going to be retired when theyre trying to compete instead of using that spot to see if a young guy who will still be around when the time comes to compete will be able to help? It has nothing to do with if the signings were good or bad, i liked both signings ffs. But they only make sense in the context of trying to win now.
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 58
No you are fundamentally wrong here. I agree with you in that they should be building. But like it or not lou is trying to win now. Otherwise explain last years TDL? Explain keeping varly and mayfield? Explain re-signing clutter and parise. If they were building theyd use those spots for young guys but they arent. Theyre trying to win now for better or worse.

Bergevin did the same thing.

Where are the Habs? And where is Bergevin?

I think Lou did the Islanders a huge disservice not moving Varlamov. Now, that could be in part of he didn't like the return, part Varlamov wasn't waiving a NTC part thinking the team is actually that good.

Not moving Mayfield is a disservice. That guy actually nets you a young middle 6 forward, and although fantastic, a move you make considering he is getting 3rd paring minutes.

Or maybe Lou sees a more robust system than you think exists.

I look at the Islanders, and I maintain stay the course. One step back, two steps foward.
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 58
Démarrer sujet
You are 110% wrong thinking they are in win now mode.

You sound like a Habs fan at the beginning of last year.

Again you seem to lack the critical thinking skills necessary to differentiate between what lou is doing and what you think he should be doing. Trying to win now doesnt mean he will succeed in winning, it means thats his plan or strategy.
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 59
This dude needs to stop pretending this is what Lou wants because Lou’s moves up to this point are completely different. Lou is relying on internal development and coaching to get this team to the playoffs. And honestly I think Lambert can get more out of this team than Trotz did last year.

I like the direction frankly. That top 4 in two years should be one of the best in the NHL. Sorokin a Vezina candidate.

Guy lacks long term thinking.
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 3
1GarthSnowFan
But according to you theyre not trying to win now. So why keep clutter to kill penalties when hes going to be retired when theyre trying to compete instead of using that spot to see if a young guy who will still be around when the time comes to compete will be able to help? It has nothing to do with if the signings were good or bad, i liked both signings ffs. But they only make sense in the context of trying to win now.

You are deliberately misconstruing what I said. First off just because we don’t believe in this group doesn’t mean Lou agrees with us. Secondly it doesn’t seem like Lou has done anything to make this roster significantly older. He retained two veterans who can help this team remain competitive rn. Building and rebuilding r two different things.
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 4
I’m not too worried cause the rangers and pens r significantly weaker after this off season. Adding Romanov should fix their left side cause Salo was ok when he played last year. Not saying they r world beaters but I think they don’t have to rely on making it thru the wild card.

Ahhh.... The Rangers still need a top 6 forward (never sold on Kakko), and the Pens I think are staus quo. Canes should win the division, Rangers and Caps should battle for 2nd (Sheshterkin is that good), leaving the Pens, Isles and dare I say Jackets? to battle for 3rd.

The Atlantic top 2 should be the Cats and Lightning. Leafs "should" finish 3rd (although the goaltending Sabres me more than it has since Alan Bester), Boston and Ottawa will make a push.

Leaving..... Isles, Pens, Jackets, Sens, Boston battling for wildcards or 3rd spots.

Not even sure the Isles stack up to that. Adding Connor isn't changing that.
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 4
1GarthSnowFan
Bergevin did the same thing.

Where are the Habs? And where is Bergevin?

I think Lou did the Islanders a huge disservice not moving Varlamov. Now, that could be in part of he didn't like the return, part Varlamov wasn't waiving a NTC part thinking the team is actually that good.

Not moving Mayfield is a disservice. That guy actually nets you a young middle 6 forward, and although fantastic, a move you make considering he is getting 3rd paring minutes.

Or maybe Lou sees a more robust system than you think exists.

I look at the Islanders, and I maintain stay the course. One step back, two steps foward.

Yeah but their value peaked around the deadline. I don’t disagree with you but they weren’t moving Varlamov before they added Romanov. Varly is too close with Sorokin to move him without finding Soroky a new friend lol.
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 6
Yeah but their value peaked around the deadline. I don’t disagree with you but they weren’t moving Varlamov before they added Romanov. Varly is too close with Sorokin to move him without finding Soroky a new friend lol.

If the Isles are a bubble team, those opportunities will arise again.
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 6
Démarrer sujet
You don’t even know anything about Holmstrom or Dufour lol. You are speculating what they could be and providing no actual information on them. Holmstrom spent two under age years in the AHL which hurt his development and Dufour was a late bloomer in the Q. But you clearly haven’t seen either guy play.

Lmaoooo dufour was a 20yo power forward/sniper in the Q. You know what happens to all those players that dominate younger opponents bc of their size in juniors? When they start playing against players that are just as big amd strong their game goes down the tubes. He also is a 1 trick pony and given the fact that his trick will get worse as he progresses up levels irdk aside from blind homerism how you can think that he will be anything more than a 3rd liner.
As for holmstrom he was a low ceiling pick on draft day and after a couple bad years in the ahl 1 decent year isnt all of the sudden going to make him this top prospect. Its time to get your expectations in check.
That 1 game against the kings a couple years ago when bellows had 2 goals probably had you thinking he was ovi 2.0 smdh
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 10
1GarthSnowFan
Ahhh.... The Rangers still need a top 6 forward (never sold on Kakko), and the Pens I think are staus quo. Canes should win the division, Rangers and Caps should battle for 2nd (Sheshterkin is that good), leaving the Pens, Isles and dare I say Jackets? to battle for 3rd.

The Atlantic top 2 should be the Cats and Lightning. Leafs "should" finish 3rd (although the goaltending Sabres me more than it has since Alan Bester), Boston and Ottawa will make a push.

Leaving..... Isles, Pens, Jackets, Sens, Boston battling for wildcards or 3rd spots.

Not even sure the Isles stack up to that. Adding Connor isn't changing that.

I’m not a big fan of the fan rangers or capitals roster rn. I don’t trust the rangers forwards or the capitals defense or goaltending. I also believe a lot of guys on the isles roster can still be effective enough to help win games in the regular season.
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 10
Démarrer sujet
He seems like the type of dude who only looks at player comparisons lol. He hasn’t seen Holmstrom or Dufour play and it’s shows. He’s only saying they r third liners based on their production in the AHL and Juniors.

The problem with that is that Holmstrom has already played 3 AHL seasons despite being 21. Idk if the models this dude looks at account for that tbh.. Meanwhile there are late bloomers who win the memorial cup and go on to be very good players. Anthony Cirelli comes to mind as one example of that. I’m not saying Dufour is Cirelli but I wonder if this dude was saying Cirelli is only a third liner in 2015 lmao.

Seems like accolades are all you care about. Comparing cirelli and dufour is like comparing barzal and ovi. Completely different players in every regard.
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 11
Démarrer sujet
And everyone is telling you that you don't move Dobson, nevermind there is zero fit for him with the Jets.

The Islanders are not in win now mode. Connor doesn't put the Islanders in win now mode.

Seems to be an overwhelming consensus on this.

Overwhelming consensus as its 2v1. That doesnt seem like an overwhelming consensus to me. Living in an echo chamber doesmt mean there are actually more voices.
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 11
1GarthSnowFan
Lmaoooo dufour was a 20yo power forward/sniper in the Q. You know what happens to all those players that dominate younger opponents bc of their size in juniors? When they start playing against players that are just as big amd strong their game goes down the tubes. He also is a 1 trick pony and given the fact that his trick will get worse as he progresses up levels irdk aside from blind homerism how you can think that he will be anything more than a 3rd liner.
As for holmstrom he was a low ceiling pick on draft day and after a couple bad years in the ahl 1 decent year isnt all of the sudden going to make him this top prospect. Its time to get your expectations in check.
That 1 game against the kings a couple years ago when bellows had 2 goals probably had you thinking he was ovi 2.0 smdh

Lmao I can’t even remember Bellows playing against the kings tbh. No with dufour saying he’s a one trick pony isn’t accurate. He has a well rounded game in his own zone, he can play some center and he penalty kills. With Holmstrom I agree he was a mediocre pick but he’s a good skater who plays a 200 foot game. Even if he doesn’t have tremendous skill I still like what he can bring as a 3rd liner.
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 12
1GarthSnowFan
Seems like accolades are all you care about. Comparing cirelli and dufour is like comparing barzal and ovi. Completely different players in every regard.

I legit didn’t compare the two in terms of style. I said they r both late bloomers.
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 13
1GarthSnowFan
Overwhelming consensus as its 2v1. That doesnt seem like an overwhelming consensus to me. Living in an echo chamber doesmt mean there are actually more voices.

Yes but Leafs fans and Isles fans aren’t meant to agree. But I have to give you credit for helping to bridge the divide between our two fanbases lmao.
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 15
1GarthSnowFan

You should probably watch more of Dufour tbh. Describing him as a sniper isn’t entirely accurate considering how well rounded his game is. I didn’t say he’s an all star I said he can be a good middle six player. I believe both him and Holmstrom have the necessary skills to be good complimentary pieces. Sometimes that means those guys play 2nd, 3rd and 4th line, but other times you get a breakout performer like Verhaeghe. I’m just not willing to rule either option out because they r so young.
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 16
I’m not a big fan of the fan rangers or capitals roster rn. I don’t trust the rangers forwards or the capitals defense or goaltending. I also believe a lot of guys on the isles roster can still be effective enough to help win games in the regular season.

I can see that point of view. Overall, a lot of teams will compete. Islanders just not a lock.
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 17

Live in denial.

Cannot help those that don't want to be helped.
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Likely Holmstrom is another year away, buy I agree.

Development is fickle, and takes time.

I just think this guy believes the Islander can somehow win a Cup. I don't see that happening without major surgery in the top 3 lines. They compete, but I the East, they are a wild card team at best.

Congratulations you completely missed the point once again. Im not saying the isles will win this season. What im saying is lou thinks they can and is trying to win this season. I do not believe the isles can win a cup as presently constructed, but lou does. Your reading comprehension is and i dont mean to be a dick i just dont know how else to say it, your reading comprehension is legit on the level of a middle schooler. The fact that you cant understand the difference between what i believe and what im saying someone else believes when ive said it like 6 times should be a cause of great concern.
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 18
Démarrer sujet
As a Leafs fan I would move Nylander for Dobson in a heart beat.

What should that tell him?

Lmaoooo imagine comparing nylander to kyle connor
25 juill. 2022 à 10 h 20
1GarthSnowFan
Lmaoooo imagine comparing nylander to kyle connor

Not as crazy as you make it out to be lol. I think the point was how good Dobson can be.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage