Équipe: 2022-23 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 9 juill. 2022
Publié: 10 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
TML was one of a handfull of teams in on Anderson before the draft
Things didnt work out then but obviously there was interest for a reason
Anderson is a great fit in MTL beside Suzuki-Caufield protecting them
But with Slapkovsky here his role is kinda obsorbed here with Caufield,Gally, and Armia on RW
Which is why Hughes has been trying to move him it appears as he knew he wasnt taking Wright

TML move cap and gains a tough Power Forward with Speed
He's first in the OZ battling along the boards and Checking
He's also tough to play against infront of the Net

Why would Tavares do it ?
He's been in TML awhile and under the current cap situation they've been limited.
Thats never been more apparent as they'd have to sign the remaining 6 spots
At the Minimum required for the 5 skaters and pay a good goalie
It can be done but its a tight fit and the odds of them all siging minimums
Ontop of landing a good Starting Goalie are not high and dont make them better
Then the previous years with Tavares wearing the Maple Leafs Sweater

Moving on to MTL there is Cap to sign him and improve on top of that.
They need a Center for 1A/1B situation and he'll be a UFA as MTL's center Prospects are ready
This gives him a clear cut role with Defensive Support behind him
With Price the only Question is will he play or Retire?
He already said if he's not playing well or doesnt feel he can
That he wont want to play anymore so its either IR or Price plays well
Either Scenario is ideal and clears more cap for MTL to fine tune its roster.
I expect he'll likely go to camp re-injure himself and Retire next Summer

Slapkvosky-Suzuki-Caufield
Dadanov-Tavares-Gallagher
Drouin-Dvorak-Armia
Hoffman-Dach-Byron
Evans

Play the lines like that until TDL and they should all succeed
Drouin should Rebound or it will likely be his last season as he's a pending UFA
Either way we move on from him part way through this year

Byron and Dadanov i expect to play well have their Salaries Retain and go to a top team.
Dadanov i think will end up in COL likely to fill the hole Nichuskin will leave
They only have enough cap to sign maybe 1/3 of their 2nd line players if they take Kadri
If not they can afford a Burakovsky and a half lol
For that reason i think COL will be very active at this years TDL
Maybe they dont take him but someone will. Its just the team i predict will

After the TDL the forward core will look like this

Slafkvosky-Suzuki-Caufield
Armia-Tavares-Gallager
Hoffman-Dvorak-Evans
Pezzetta-Dach-Ylonen
Poehling

Give MTL's young Dcore a year to grow and i think we're a strong team again.
That said i expect a lot of mistakes given we're skating 6 Rookies in this scenario
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3950 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
2950 000 $
2950 000 $
2950 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Tavares, John
Détails additionnels:
This is only the base
What else is needed will be hashed out below

Toronto Clears 5.5m to help them
They got 10m cap with 17/23 players signed
Not including a Starting Goalie
This type of Cap relief has Value
TOR
  1. Anderson, Josh
  2. Pitlick, Rem [Droits de RFA]
Détails additionnels:
This is only the base
What else is needed will be hashed out below

Pitlick had 37pts in 66 games and is an RFA
He's more likely to sign for 1-1.5m on a 1-2 year deal
To get himself to UFA status giving TML favorable Cost
For TML giving him a direct path to a payday
If he did this well on MTL imagine his speed on TML

Anderson's value is pretty clear
But in this situation is being able to cut costs
Saving 5.5m helps them skate a better roster overall
MTL
  1. Bäck, Oskar
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2025 (DAL)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de DAL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $67 787 082 $1 132 500 $1 990 000 $14 712 918 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
950 000 $950 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 3
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 8
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
UFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $
C, AD
RFA - 4
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance507 500 $$508K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DD
RFA - 2
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 3
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $
G
RFA - 3
828 333 $828 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 4

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 juill. 2022 à 10 h 14
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 346
Congratulations, you have come up with a trade proposal that absolutely everyone will hate. Tavares will not waive his NTC for this, Toronto will not be trading their captain after signing him in free agency, and Montreal already has a number of bad contracts they are trying to clean up without bringing in another one.
10 juill. 2022 à 11 h 11
C,mon Leafs...Please
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 331
I actually wouldn't mind something like this. It's not realistic unfortunately because of team dynamics but I do like the reasoning.

Tavares is being criticized by fans who say is is getting slow. I laugh every time I read it and wonder how young the critic is or maybe how sheltered. In Junior and especially Tavares' draft year his skating was heavily critisized. Even his first few years in NYI it was brought up. What makes Tavares an elite player is his exceptional hockey IQ and his hand-eye coordination...especially in front of the net. Speed was NEVER counted on to make him a ppg player or the captain of both NHL teams he has played for. Tavares is also DOMINANT in the FO circle with over 60% this past season on over 1300 faceoffs.

Josh Anderson would really complement the Leafs with his speed, physicallity and forecheck. This year he is heading into the $7 MIL, $8 MIL, $7 MIL years of the contract which is peanuts for the Leafs to pay.
Billy739 a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 12 h 36
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,480
Let's say Tavares does agree, trading him leaves a hole at 2C. Much easier to get complimentary wingers than replace him. He's elite at faceoffs and still PPG player. With Bergeron in the same division, the Leafs need someone who can help them gain first possession off draws in the playoffs.

The only 2C that they can probably land in FA that would be ~5.5 is Ryan Strome and he's weak at the circle. Giroux would be a good replacement but he's probably not interested in Toronto and would likely want something like 7m.
12 juill. 2022 à 9 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Billy739
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,629
Quoting: GMBL
Let's say Tavares does agree, trading him leaves a hole at 2C. Much easier to get complimentary wingers than replace him. He's elite at faceoffs and still PPG player. With Bergeron in the same division, the Leafs need someone who can help them gain first possession off draws in the playoffs.

The only 2C that they can probably land in FA that would be ~5.5 is Ryan Strome and he's weak at the circle. Giroux would be a good replacement but he's probably not interested in Toronto and would likely want something like 7m.

Dont you got Robertson and Knies?
I mean if you dont value them as Top 6
My new question would be are you willing to move either of them

I was just under the impression they had Top 6 Upside and could play middle 6 with a 2a/2b situation
I just hear TML fans all the time complaining about how Tavares is in the way of Nylander, Roberston and Knies going forward.

So i figured include him in the trade logically but dont really care if its him
TML wanted Anderson and i just went with the trade that cleared the most cap to do so given their cap hell
Even finding Murray at his price helps but TML needs that capspace freed
12 juill. 2022 à 9 h 11
Quoting: Billy739
Dont you got Robertson and Knies?
I mean if you dont value them as Top 6
My new question would be are you willing to move either of them

I was just under the impression they had Top 6 Upside and could play middle 6 with a 2a/2b situation
I just hear TML fans all the time complaining about how Tavares is in the way of Nylander, Roberston and Knies going forward.

So i figured include him in the trade logically but dont really care if its him
TML wanted Anderson and i just went with the trade that cleared the most cap to do so given their cap hell
Even finding Murray at his price helps but TML needs that capspace freed

Knies isn't proven and won't be available until perhaps March when his NCAA commitment is over. Robertson is a winger and has yet to become a permanent fixture on the team, even if he breaks out that wouldn't make Tavares available. He's probably staying for the next 3 years.

I could see Robertson getting traded at the deadline if he doesn't crack the line up (they expectations are high). Dubas has a track record for trading guys to give them opportunity elsewhere but in Robertson’s case it will likely be for a top 6 F or top 4 D if any of those become needs later in the season or for a high-profile rental to help push them over the top.
Billy739 a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 9 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Billy739
Quoting: Britishbulldog
I actually wouldn't mind something like this. It's not realistic unfortunately because of team dynamics but I do like the reasoning.

Tavares is being criticized by fans who say is is getting slow. I laugh every time I read it and wonder how young the critic is or maybe how sheltered. In Junior and especially Tavares' draft year his skating was heavily critisized. Even his first few years in NYI it was brought up. What makes Tavares an elite player is his exceptional hockey IQ and his hand-eye coordination...especially in front of the net. Speed was NEVER counted on to make him a ppg player or the captain of both NHL teams he has played for. Tavares is also DOMINANT in the FO circle with over 60% this past season on over 1300 faceoffs.

Josh Anderson would really complement the Leafs with his speed, physicallity and forecheck. This year he is heading into the $7 MIL, $8 MIL, $7 MIL years of the contract which is peanuts for the Leafs to pay.

Thank you for seeing the big picture i was going for.
Really i just didnt see how they could make an Anderson deal without moving JT
6m left to sign 5 roster spots including Sandin ,Engvall, Mikhyev and maybe Kase

It just seems tight even if we did take Kerfoot
That said id explore Kerfoot package
but that still would absorb 2/6m they have left
Britishbulldog a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 9 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Billy739
Knies isn't proven and won't be available until perhaps March when his NCAA commitment is over. Robertson is a winger and has yet to become a permanent fixture on the team, even if he breaks out that wouldn't make Tavares available. He's probably staying for the next 3 years.

I could see Robertson getting traded at the deadline if he doesn't crack the line up (they expectations are high). Dubas has a track record for trading guys to give them opportunity elsewhere but in Robertson’s case it will likely be for a top 6 F or top 4 D if any of those become needs later in the season or for a high-profile rental to help push them over the top.

I'd be all over a Robertson deal for the right price
We need young LW's as much as we need young Centers
I could only Imagine the Damage that Robertson -Dach-Armia (or Ylonen) could do

Sadly the only deals i see that fit TML's Cap needs i doubt you'll take
Savard fits the bill as he's cheap but effective with 2/3 past years in SCF's
Done in a deal for Kerfoot/Robertson it actually works out quite nice and MTL can send over Poehling or Schnarr if you need a body cheap for 13th forward

I'd pitch on Knies but i dont think you should give him up anymore then MTL would Sean Farrell
They've hit high's breaking previous records set by top NHL'ers for a reason
They're high end playmakers
12 juill. 2022 à 9 h 42
I'd be all over a Robertson deal for the right price
We need young LW's as much as we need young Centers
I could only Imagine the Damage that Robertson -Dach-Armia (or Ylonen) could do

Sadly the only deals i see that fit TML's Cap needs i doubt you'll take
Savard fits the bill as he's cheap but effective with 2/3 past years in SCF's
Done in a deal for Kerfoot/Robertson it actually works out quite nice and MTL can send over Poehling or Schnarr if you need a body cheap for 13th forward

I'd pitch on Knies but i dont think you should give him up anymore then MTL would Sean Farrell
They've hit high's breaking previous records set by top NHL'ers for a reason
They're high end playmakers

Only way I see Dubas moving Knies before he's even worn a Leafs Jersey is 1) in a desperation move or 2) Dubas thinks that he's getting more value out of trading Knies than keeping him.

I could see Savard interesting the Leafs if they need someone still later in the season but probably not for a crazy return unless there's demand for him. I think Kerfoot would be gone before then perhaps, will have to see what happens in free agency.
Billy739 a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 10 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Billy739
Only way I see Dubas moving Knies before he's even worn a Leafs Jersey is 1) in a desperation move or 2) Dubas thinks that he's getting more value out of trading Knies than keeping him.

I could see Savard interesting the Leafs if they need someone still later in the season but probably not for a crazy return unless there's demand for him. I think Kerfoot would be gone before then perhaps, will have to see what happens in free agency.

Agreed but Free Agency even in the best case Scenario with all remaining players signing at league minimum or just over
They wont have the cap to replace Lybuskin without moving Kerfoot

I dont think TML has a lot of Leverage because outside Kerfoot there's no other player they dont need with a high cap.
Then the conversation starts becoming about Muzzin and Tavares

This years cap crunch is bad for TML
Especially given after 2023-24 they've got half their top 4 D and Nylander due a payday
Savard allows them the room to add a top 4 LD before next year when Hall's 2m is off the books giving them a 1 year period before they gotta pay those D and Nylander.
Getting Savard now benefits them longterm as if he plays past expectations racking up Points with more high end forwards that TML has
Then it allows you the ability to allow Brodie to walk and invest in Liljgren and Duszak
12 juill. 2022 à 10 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Billy739
I mean technically just moving out Kerfoot does part of the work for 1 year
But the fact you wont have to go out and overpay a RD helps
12 juill. 2022 à 10 h 40
Agreed but Free Agency even in the best case Scenario with all remaining players signing at league minimum or just over
They wont have the cap to replace Lybuskin without moving Kerfoot

I dont think TML has a lot of Leverage because outside Kerfoot there's no other player they dont need with a high cap.
Then the conversation starts becoming about Muzzin and Tavares

This years cap crunch is bad for TML
Especially given after 2023-24 they've got half their top 4 D and Nylander due a payday
Savard allows them the room to add a top 4 LD before next year when Hall's 2m is off the books giving them a 1 year period before they gotta pay those D and Nylander.
Getting Savard now benefits them longterm as if he plays past expectations racking up Points with more high end forwards that TML has
Then it allows you the ability to allow Brodie to walk and invest in Liljgren and Duszak

Honestly, the cap crunch isn't really bad, because they know what to expect. They have 6 spots to fill and 6m, it will pretty much just be that. They are willing to go with Kallgren (750k) or Woll (766K) as the back up, perhaps they get a 1m guy though. So that would leave them with 5 spots and 5.25m to fill the rest. Lyubushkin will essentially replace Holl and perhaps be slightly cheaper. Their 7th D which ideally for them would be Sandin would come around 1.5m if they get what they want but he's holding out for more and a better opportunity, but getting a 7th D at 1.5m will be easy. which leaves 3.75m for 4 depth forwards. If they move Kerfoot's 3.5m and replace him with a 3m or less guy then that eases stuff a lot more.

They have the flexibility to move guys and many options for budget deals in FA + potential AHL guys making the jump, so that's why they don't really have a cap crunch at all. The quality of the players they acquire is what remains to be seen.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage