Forums/Armchair-GM

2022-23 NYR - Stay the Course

Créé par: gdli
Équipe: 2022-23 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 6 juill. 2022
Publié: 6 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I presented a 22-man roster so as to show the available FREE CAP SPACE. Nils and Zach should compete for the 3LD slot. I like Nils. Here's why; based on their career stats, and in Zach and Nils case it is admittedly small sample, the plus/minus ratios of the 7 Ranger D [computed as their plus/minus divided games played] looks like this: Fox (+.291) Lindgren (+.247) Miller (+.237) Lundqvist (+.160) Schneider (+.116) Trouba (+.089) Jones (-.409). Zach has upside potential on the offense, but yet to demonstrate he can play defense. For a 3rd pair D-man, personally I am looking for D-Fence first. I have also seen more interest in Nils outside the NYR fanbase. That tells me he is the keeper. That said, the 23rd man on the roster would be Zach. Give them both a shot, a little competion is good for the sould. Or as John Condon, long time MSG boxing announcer use to close with, "and may the better participant emerge victorious." Vitali Kravtsov was signed for $875K for 1 year. This suggest to me that the NYR are looking to move him. If they intend to give a serious look, there is certainly room to accomplish that. Personally, I don't think Vitali is NHL caliber material. But I would not be unhappy to have him prove me wrong.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 250 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
55 500 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
Transactions
NYR
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
TOR
  1. Georgiev, Alexandar [Droits de RFA]
NYR
    Future Considerations
    ARI
    1. Nemeth, Patrik
    2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (NYR)
    NYR
    1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (ANA)
    Détails additionnels:
    To any interested franchise - 5th rounder in return is a conservative estimate
    NYR
    1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2023 (SJS)
    Détails additionnels:
    To any interested franchise - 6th rounder in return is a conservative estimate
    SJS
    1. Hájek, Libor [Droits de RFA]
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de SJS
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2282 500 000 $81 019 802 $0 $4 582 500 $1 480 198 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Rangers de New York
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    AG
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 8
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
    AG, AD
    RFA - 1
    11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
    AG
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    C, AG, AD
    UFA - 5
    2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
    AD
    RFA - 2
    3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
    C, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    1 525 000 $1 525 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    828 333 $828 333 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
    AG
    RFA - 3
    800 000 $800 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    DG
    RFA - 2
    9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 7
    5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
    G
    UFA - 3
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    DG
    RFA - 1
    8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    DD
    RFA - 2
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    DD
    RFA - 2
    800 000 $800 000 $
    G
    UFA - 3
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    762 500 $762 500 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $
    DG
    RFA - 1
    Équipe de réserve
    762 500 $762 500 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
    C
    UFA - 2
    875 000 $875 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
    AG, AD
    RFA - 1
    797 500 $797 500 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
    DG
    RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    6 juill. 2022 à 21 h 11
    Rejoint: juill. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 180
    While i think this is mostly the right call. Copp is too high a cap number tho the term is good.
    I'd slide kratsov in over blais on the third line. Pushes cuylle into a rotation on the 4th line which is 100% the right call or down to the AHL.
    6 juill. 2022 à 21 h 31
    Jimbo1119
    Rejoint: mai 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 760
    Move Krav to 3rd line...Blais to 4th. Gotta showcase Krav- put up or go back to Russia for good! And Reaves has to go- with the Cap saved here, extend Motte (if # is reasonable) or sign Sturm. Cuylle (or Othmann)-Motte-Blais would be a killer 4th line. And maybe Rydahl fits in here?

In any case- this lineup pushes back some difficult decisions to next year...but I'm OK with that as long as the signings this year don't come with the NMCs which Gorton gave out like Halloween candy!

You summed it up- Stay the Course!
    6 juill. 2022 à 21 h 40
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: juin 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 91
    Quoting: slater417
    While i think this is mostly the right call. Copp is too high a cap number tho the term is good.
    I'd slide kratsov in over blais on the third line. Pushes cuylle into a rotation on the 4th line which is 100% the right call or down to the AHL.

Copp threw up 53 pts. last year. Centering for the Breadman for a full season, his production should rise. Strome had 54 pts. last season and he is out there looking for $6M. At the dot Andrew is 51.8%, Ryan 45.3%. I see $5.5M as a floor. The NYR cannot go beyond $6M. Andrew intends to test the free agent market. If he receives a higher offer than the NYR, I think Andrew would remain in New York if the Rangers can get reasonably close. If the Rangers have to trade, the worst case scenario, a lot of players will be shopped. While I didn't cover the Vitali issue in quite the detail you did, I think the scenario you offered is spot on. I see it pretty much the same way. Appreciate your post!
    6 juill. 2022 à 21 h 45
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Jimbo1119
    Move Krav to 3rd line...Blais to 4th. Gotta showcase Krav- put up or go back to Russia for good! And Reaves has to go- with the Cap saved here, extend Motte (if # is reasonable) or sign Sturm. Cuylle (or Othmann)-Motte-Blais would be a killer 4th line. And maybe Rydahl fits in here?

In any case- this lineup pushes back some difficult decisions to next year...but I'm OK with that as long as the signings this year don't come with the NMCs which Gorton gave out like Halloween candy!

You summed it up- Stay the Course!

Hey Jimbo, we are definitely on the same page. Most, if not all of the comments you made are rolling around in the back of my head too. For a "Whitman Sampler," take a look at my response to slater417
    6 juill. 2022 à 22 h 5
    Jimbo1119
    Rejoint: mai 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 760
    Quoting: gdli
    Hey Jimbo, we are definitely on the same page. Most, if not all of the comments you made are rolling around in the back of my head too. For a "Whitman Sampler," take a look at my response to slater417

Even though signing Copp puts NYR in an immediate quandry next summer- it solves/manages 2C/3C for this year. And I'm OK with that. Best case- if Chytl ready for 2C- Copp then goes to wing in top 6. This in itself makes someone moveable next year (could even be Copp). Not as good a case- Chytl shows he's not capable of C duties...he then becomes easy subtraction next year when several are looking for new contracts.

In the end, any path which Drury takes in fielding next year's team is gonna take a leap of faith somewhere- I just think Copp has shown himself to be a good fit with this team and (esp looking at your #'s) he may very well outplay his next contract if it comes in as 5.5M per.
    6 juill. 2022 à 22 h 14
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Jimbo1119
    Even though signing Copp puts NYR in an immediate quandry next summer- it solves/manages 2C/3C for this year. And I'm OK with that. Best case- if Chytl ready for 2C- Copp then goes to wing in top 6. This in itself makes someone moveable next year (could even be Copp). Not as good a case- Chytl shows he's not capable of C duties...he then becomes easy subtraction next year when several are looking for new contracts.

In the end, any path which Drury takes in fielding next year's team is gonna take a leap of faith somewhere- I just think Copp has shown himself to be a good fit with this team and (esp looking at your #'s) he may very well outplay his next contract if it comes in as 5.5M per.

Filip has been making steady progress, and that includes slow but sure progress at the dot. If he can continue to improve at the dot, he is a C. If not, he's a LW. On board with your comments re: Copp.
    7 juill. 2022 à 14 h 39
    Rejoint: juill. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 180
    Quoting: gdli
    Copp threw up 53 pts. last year. Centering for the Breadman for a full season, his production should rise. Strome had 54 pts. last season and he is out there looking for $6M. At the dot Andrew is 51.8%, Ryan 45.3%. I see $5.5M as a floor. The NYR cannot go beyond $6M. Andrew intends to test the free agent market. If he receives a higher offer than the NYR, I think Andrew would remain in New York if the Rangers can get reasonably close. If the Rangers have to trade, the worst case scenario, a lot of players will be shopped. While I didn't cover the Vitali issue in quite the detail you did, I think the scenario you offered is spot on. I see it pretty much the same way. Appreciate your post!

The difference is that 54 points was lower than his previous 2 years with panarin, whereas 52 was quite higher than copps usual average.
    Additionally Copp isn't getting strome's PP time. Thats going to Laf.
    Strome aside from his time in edmonton has been around a 50 point player.
    Copp has never been close to that.
    You also cant ignore that chytil might win the 2nd center spot outright, which means we'd be paying 5.5 for a 3c.
    We also have to think long term as both laf and kam hit RFA next year, and the rangers have to be very careful not to be offersheeted for one or both of them.
    7 juill. 2022 à 16 h 9
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: slater417
    The difference is that 54 points was lower than his previous 2 years with panarin, whereas 52 was quite higher than copps usual average.
    Additionally Copp isn't getting strome's PP time. Thats going to Laf.
    Strome aside from his time in edmonton has been around a 50 point player.
    Copp has never been close to that.
    You also cant ignore that chytil might win the 2nd center spot outright, which means we'd be paying 5.5 for a 3c.
    We also have to think long term as both laf and kam hit RFA next year, and the rangers have to be very careful not to be offersheeted for one or both of them.

If the Rangers go for JT Miller, and they might if they can get Copp, the issue is moot. But let's assume all three are still passengers on the good ship "Blueshirt." They just released a survey of Rangers fans that opted for retaining Strome at 5%, Copp in second at I think it was 33%, and trade 38%. Your view is clearly in the minority. Filip is not a #2C because of his weakness at the dot. Strome is a tad better. There are many people out there who see Filip as a #3LW behind the Breadman, eventually becoming #2LW. He is strong, particularly along boards. As a bottom six C on the NYR, his lack of face success in not as negative to the team overall. The Rangers have $3.4M in buyout dollars coming of the board, that will be as part of the offers to Laffy and the K-man. It's a non-issue. I won't get into a wee-wee contest about the scoring numbers. Take a look at Strome's numbers before he came to New York. His scoring over that time includes the "Breadman factor." Andrew had 30 pts two years ago with WPG, and 35 pts before he came to NYR had scored 18 pt. more. A full year with the Breadman and he will at least match Strome's production. His superior skill at the dot means more O-zone time, likely a stronger power play, and and a less taxed D. Hell, Igor might even get in a nap. Last year they put the scenario on a loop: NYR PP, Lose faceoff - skate 200 ft. - Retrieve the puck - 20 seconds off the clock. There will be a lot of that if either either Andrew Copp or JT Miller (52.7% in faceoffs) are the NYR #2C,

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage