Forums/Armchair-GM

Net Options

Créé par: GRIFFIN95
Équipe: 2022-23 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 17 juin 2022
Publié: 17 juin 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Im sick of Leafs goalies not living up to league average.

Varlamov is getting older, but has been solid.

Georgiev didnt have a good year, but could hope for a big rebound with a new team.

Those reasons are why you get Wedgewood & keep Kallgren as 3 & 4 guys. If they arent getting a stud goalie, they need to have insurance / options.

Varlamov could also be filtered through a 3rd party to retain another 25% of the cap hit. The cost shouldnt be too high since its just a year. Some team will do that for a pick. Double retained would open up an extra 3.75m on the cap.

Moving out Mrazek will be a bigger task. This all depends on if that can happen.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
11 000 000 $
Transactions
TOR
    Conditional pick that will never be met
    SEA
    1. Mrázek, Petr
    2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (WPG)
    TOR
    1. Georgiev, Alexandar [Droits de RFA]
    NYR
      IDK what would need to go back. Couldnt be that much
      TOR
      1. Varlamov, Semyon
      Détails additionnels:
      *IF* the Isles were willing to retain 2.5m
      NYI
        mid level prospect + pick? Not sure of the deal, just looking at the guys to bring in
        Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
        Logo de TOR
        Logo de TOR
        Logo de TOR
        Logo de TOR
        Logo de TOR
        Logo de TOR
        Logo de TOR
        Logo de TOR
        Logo de TOR
        Logo de TOR
        Logo de TOR
        Logo de TOR
        Logo de TOR
        TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
        1982 500 000 $78 855 616 $212 500 $0 $3 644 384 $
        Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
        Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
        3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
        AG, C, AD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 1
        11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
        C
        UFA - 2
        10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
        AD
        UFA - 3
        950 000 $950 000 $
        AG
        UFA - 1
        11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
        C, AG
        NMC
        UFA - 3
        6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
        AD
        UFA - 2
        762 500 $762 500 $
        AG
        UFA - 2
        1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
        C
        UFA - 1
        900 000 $900 000 $
        AD, AG
        M-NTC
        UFA - 1
        850 000 $850 000 $
        AG, C
        RFA - 1
        Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
        7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
        DG
        NMC
        UFA - 8
        5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
        DG/DD
        NTC
        UFA - 2
        Logo de Islanders de New York
        5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
        G
        M-NTC
        UFA - 1
        5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
        DG
        NTC
        UFA - 2
        2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
        DD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 1
        2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
        G
        UFA - 3
        1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
        G
        UFA - 2
        800 000 $800 000 $
        DG
        UFA - 2
        750 000 $750 000 $
        G
        UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
        • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
        17 juin 2022 à 9 h 11
        Rejoint: mars 2021
        Mentions "j'aime": 1,265
        Mrazek will be bought out, Varlamov doesnt want to come to canada and Georgiev sucks
        17 juin 2022 à 9 h 13
        Démarrer sujet
        Brandon Griffin
        Rejoint: juill. 2018
        Mentions "j'aime": 71
        Quoting: jet11567
        Mrazek will be bought out, Varlamov doesnt want to come to canada and Georgiev sucks

Source..? havent seen the Varlamov thing. The buyout is 4 years so they wont do that. Georgiev is 26. Worth a shot on him IMO
        17 juin 2022 à 9 h 31
        we miss leo k
        Rejoint: févr. 2018
        Mentions "j'aime": 5,131
        Quoting: GRIFFIN95
        Source..? havent seen the Varlamov thing. The buyout is 4 years so they wont do that. Georgiev is 26. Worth a shot on him IMO

No one's come out and said it directly (a Leafs fan shouldn't be shocked by a shroud of secrecy around a Lamoriello team) but rumor around TDL this year was that Varlamov wouldn't waive for Edmonton or Toronto. Conjecture took that to assuming he's probably got all 7 Canadian teams on his 16-team NTC.

I also think Scott Wedgewood played well enough this year that someone will give him a shot at being 1B in a tandem as opposed to being a 3rd goalie stashed in the AHL. He actually put up league average numbers in net for the Coyotes, which alone should've got him some down-ballot Vezina votes (I'm only half-kidding.)
        17 juin 2022 à 9 h 33
        Leafs Sufferer
        Rejoint: juill. 2019
        Mentions "j'aime": 3,511

The buyout will happen if the asking price is anything like what's been posted on ACGM.

Yes it's dead cap, but for the first couple years it's less than what Kessel's retention was. Not ideal, but manageable.
        17 juin 2022 à 9 h 50
        Islanders Fan
        Rejoint: mai 2016
        Mentions "j'aime": 2,764
        The Isles wouldn't be retaining. If you found a 3rd team to join the trade and do it? Fine. But Varly is a top-15 goalie in the league and the Isles don't *need* to move him. It will need to be a good offer.
        17 juin 2022 à 10 h 6
        Démarrer sujet
        Brandon Griffin
        Quoting: dannibalcorpse
        No one's come out and said it directly (a Leafs fan shouldn't be shocked by a shroud of secrecy around a Lamoriello team) but rumor around TDL this year was that Varlamov wouldn't waive for Edmonton or Toronto. Conjecture took that to assuming he's probably got all 7 Canadian teams on his 16-team NTC.

I also think Scott Wedgewood played well enough this year that someone will give him a shot at being 1B in a tandem as opposed to being a 3rd goalie stashed in the AHL. He actually put up league average numbers in net for the Coyotes, which alone should've got him some down-ballot Vezina votes (I'm only half-kidding.)

Honestly i forgot about the Lou issue... I dont want to deal with him lol. no way that guy retains any amount of money for the leafs.
        17 juin 2022 à 10 h 18
        bang bang
        Rejoint: nov. 2017
        Mentions "j'aime": 351
        Quoting: joshelkin
        The Isles wouldn't be retaining. If you found a 3rd team to join the trade and do it? Fine. But Varly is a top-15 goalie in the league and the Isles don't *need* to move him. It will need to be a good offer.

not a top 15 goalie in any metric
        17 juin 2022 à 10 h 43
        Rejoint: juill. 2017
        Mentions "j'aime": 457
        Quoting: joshelkin

Islanders definitely need to move him. That shouldn't even be a question. They have a legit number one, are not going to resign him, and he's pending UFA. That said, I think enough teams will be interested that NYI will have no need to retain. Any extra draft pick like a 3rd that another team will offer to facilitate as a 3rd party probably does not mean more to the NYI than cap space.
        17 juin 2022 à 10 h 45
        Wild to header this whole thing with being sick of Toronto goalies not living up to league average and then following it up with wanting to acquire Georgiev.
        17 juin 2022 à 10 h 56
        Démarrer sujet
        Brandon Griffin
        Quoting: TooMalevolent
        Wild to header this whole thing with being sick of Toronto goalies not living up to league average and then following it up with wanting to acquire Georgiev.

The thought is to get options so that you aren't stuck with one not living up to it. I know Dubas will go for an unproven / reclamation project like Georgiev, but they cant have him be the last option. They need to insulate the system to have 4 NHL options. They don't need to be studs, but at least guys that can give you quality starts when needed.
        17 juin 2022 à 11 h 7
        The thought is to get options so that you aren't stuck with one not living up to it. I know Dubas will go for an unproven / reclamation project like Georgiev, but they cant have him be the last option. They need to insulate the system to have 4 NHL options. They don't need to be studs, but at least guys that can give you quality starts when needed.

4 NHL options is not even remotely viable. Teams don't have that, and if they do, it's usually their guys that are developing in the AHL. You will not get Wedgewood to sign as a #3. He is way too good for that, and some them will easily have him start 30+ for them. Also the Leafs ran through a bunch of goalies last year,along with sub-par performances, and still performed well. I like getting Varlamov.

Also you might have misunderstood my point- I don't think getting Georgiev and depending him to be a decent goalie is ideal.
        17 juin 2022 à 11 h 20
        Démarrer sujet
        Brandon Griffin
        Quoting: TooMalevolent
        4 NHL options is not even remotely viable. Teams don't have that, and if they do, it's usually their guys that are developing in the AHL. You will not get Wedgewood to sign as a #3. He is way too good for that, and some them will easily have him start 30+ for them. Also the Leafs ran through a bunch of goalies last year,along with sub-par performances, and still performed well. I like getting Varlamov.

Also you might have misunderstood my point- I don't think getting Georgiev and depending him to be a decent goalie is ideal.

You may be right that Wedgewood isnt the right guy as he is looking for a better opportunity. Kallgren is a solid 4 to me, so my point is to get the best possible #3 that you can, since you are taking a risk with 1 or both of your top 2 goalies.

Répondre
        To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
        Question:
        Options:
        Ajouter une option
        Soumettre le sondage