Jimmy Snuggerud
Jack Hughes
Pavel Mintyukov
Elias Salomonsson
Liam Bischel
Adam Ingram
Rieger Lorenz
Gagnants de la loterie:
  1. Logo de Canadiens de MontréalCanadiens de Montréal (1→1)
  2. Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieFlyers de Philadelphie (4→2)
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Just named top forward at IIHF U-18 tournament.
2Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Nemec keeps getting better. Put up 17 pts in 19 playoff games (new league record for dman) including 7 pts in 6 games in the finals (which he lost in 6).
3Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-What has Wright been doing over last three weeks? A pedestrian 8 points in 8 games in juniors. Nolan Patrick 2.0
4Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Has improved on 0.32 ppg regular season pace to 0.39 ppg in playoffs.
5Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Miro was at the U18s and was meeting with teams at the top of the draft. Do not rule this kid out yet.
6Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Blackhawks de ChicagoNazar played for USA in U18 and was constant threat with his speed and skating ability in a best-on-best setting.
7Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Leading scorer at U18 with 15 pts and named to media all-star team for tournament
8Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Has not played in recent weeks following an early playoff exit
9Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Showed at U18 why he deserves to be 2nd dman off the board. Elite gap closure. Think, a righty Jake Sanderson. 88% even-strength GF% at tournament.
10Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Scored 6 goals and was named team’s best player by coaching staff at U18s.
11Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Part two of the Lekkermaki - Ostlund - Ohgren line from Djurgardens. One of the couple of guys that really helped boost his stock. Plays fast game.
12Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Was hurt in first game of playoffs. Has returned in last two. 3 pts in 3 gp in playoffs.
13Logo de Islanders de New York-Howard show mix of motor and skill to lead US team in scoring at U18.
14Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Has returned from injury and is currently appearing at EHT for Czech team
15Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Played well, but was clearly outshined by Chesley and Hutson.
16Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Golden Knights de VegasThe legend of MN HS hockey delivered on his brand as goal-scoring power forward, but still a ways off a complete game (6'0" 205 lbs and just started lifting weights last year). May need a couple of years, but looking like high floor player.
17Logo de Predators de Nashville-23 points in last 14 games since March 20 (and recent leader among prospect search ranks)
18Logo de Stars de Dallas-
19Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-He certainly looked the part of a 1st rounder. Was named to media all-star team. Was one of best PMD at tournament.
20Logo de Capitals de Washington-Led U18 tournament in goals scored and was named the media’s MVP
21Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Named U18 tournaments top dman by IIHF directorate. Size is an issue, but every other box is checked.
22Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Has not been playing
23Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonCertainly the Swedish dman to watch. While Salomonsson looked to lead U18 in bone-headed plays (and suspensions), Havelid impressed.
24Logo de Blues de St-Louis-He will probably go earlier, but GMs are suckers for big centers from CHL (which is about as safe a demographic as goalies)
25Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-One of the few bright spots for Canada (other than their under-agers). Didn't show up on stat sheet but played noticeable game.
26Logo de Rangers de New York-Part 3 of L-O-O line
27Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Flames de CalgaryUpped his stock last month in playoffs last month in Russian junior league.
28Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Good two-way center showed he can shoot
29Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-Pickering was Canada’s best dman by a long stretch
30Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Hurricanes de la Caroline21 pts in last 14 GP. Still 1st-round worthy
31Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Avalanche du ColoradoA center who can defend with his skating (and provide upside) is recipe for high floor, high ceiling pick
32Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Panthers de la FlorideCall it a hunch. Size Skating combo on blueline. Loved by smart hockey people like Alan Millar, Jim Tortorella, and Rutger’s dad (GM of Muskegon, USHL)
2 mai 2022 à 13 h 34
power forward
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 607
Miro is way too high. Won't even be drafted in the top 5 nor the first round. Also personally, I think Geekie, Savoie, and Kemell too low. Also Lambert and Chelsey too high. Yes, Chelsey rebounded a bit, but still not enough to put him in the top 10. Maybe include Jagger Firkus as an honorable mention for the first round.

Other than that, it looks spot on. As a Jets fan, I'm hoping and praying that Jiricek falls to us.
2 mai 2022 à 13 h 51
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,279
I am really curious to see what happens in 10 years from this draft. Pandemic kinda messed with development of a lot of players. I’m curious to see who may be underperforming now and get drafted lower only to turn into a better player than initially projected.
NHLfan10506 a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 14 h 19
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 387
have you seen Jiricek play? he will go top 8 100%
2 mai 2022 à 14 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,353
Quoting: christianyog
Miro is way too high. Won't even be drafted in the top 5 nor the first round. Also personally, I think Geekie, Savoie, and Kemell too low. Also Lambert and Chelsey too high. Yes, Chelsey rebounded a bit, but still not enough to put him in the top 10. Maybe include Jagger Firkus as an honorable mention for the first round.

Other than that, it looks spot on. As a Jets fan, I'm hoping and praying that Jiricek falls to us.

MIRO - I find it hard to believe Miro falls out of 1st round. No one really knows what his prognosis is, but with a favorable one, he should return to full value. He attended the U18 tournament and was meeting with scouts/teams so at least his focus has retained to draft (hopefully a sign that health news will be good).

CHESLEY - he is perfect for the NHL that is coming (emphasis on skating ability, gap closure, IQ, pass completion rates, puck protection/possession) but he is probably overlooked for the NHL that once was (size, top speed, size, physicality, size).

LAMBERT - love him for a lot of same reasons. Ignore the point totals (look at any elite forward out of Liiga that is in NHL today and you’ll often see paltry counting totals in their draft year). Look at the skills (elite skating, high IQ, good puck skills, above average shot). He is around #4 or #5 for me today.

GEEKIE - the track record of drafting “bigs” from CHL has not been great in recent years. And it’s usually a guy who puts up big numbers pushing around 17-year olds who can’t skate (I am still bearish on guys like Dach, Byfield). Not sure I would take Geekie in 1st round.

KEMELL - putting up great numbers this year, both on PP and even strength. I think he will be solid teens pick. A lot of his scoring is in close to goal and with his legs still. Could translate in NHL, but few teams in this league let you stand still in front of the net.

SAVOIE - he is a special talent. I wouldn’t put at #12 in my rankings. It just kind of fell that way here. I would probably put him around #5-7.

Firkus for sure belongs in that HM group.
2 mai 2022 à 14 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Konkarsson
have you seen Jiricek play? he will go top 8 100%

Yes and maybe.
He is just returning from injury.
Already serious questions about his skating ability.
But he likely still goes around #7-#10.
I am leaning towards listing Chesley above him.
2 mai 2022 à 14 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
I am really curious to see what happens in 10 years from this draft. Pandemic kinda messed with development of a lot of players. I’m curious to see who may be underperforming now and get drafted lower only to turn into a better player than initially projected.

At least everyone will have some game tape this year.
Might be a good year to stockpile late picks and take the volume approach.
HOCKEYBOY448 a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 15 h 25
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,291
You've got Marco Kasper way to low. He reminds me a lot of Lundell last year. Being over looked because he's not flashy.
Konkarsson a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 16 h 6
True Reverse Retro
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,037
Quoting: christianyog

I agree that Miro isn't going in the top-5, but he's a 1st Round Pick. Worst case scenario for him, a team with multiple 1st Round Picks will take him later in the round, if for no other reason than as a high risk/high reward prospect. If he heals & returns back to form, the team that gambles on him gets a top-8 talent at the back end of the 1st Round. Look for a team like Anaheim, Arizona, or Montreal to be potential suitors for him
2 mai 2022 à 17 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: RedWing9119
You've got Marco Kasper way to low. He reminds me a lot of Lundell last year. Being over looked because he's not flashy.

Yeah, I like him a bit higher, but just ran out of spots toward the end.
RedWing9119 a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 17 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: TheMooterus
I agree that Miro isn't going in the top-5, but he's a 1st Round Pick. Worst case scenario for him, a team with multiple 1st Round Picks will take him later in the round, if for no other reason than as a high risk/high reward prospect. If he heals & returns back to form, the team that gambles on him gets a top-8 talent at the back end of the 1st Round. Look for a team like Anaheim, Arizona, or Montreal to be potential suitors for him

My $$ is on Buffalo at pick #16
TheMooterus a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 19 h 33
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 469
Habs take Wright, why choose last 8 games? include the 3 prior and its 17 pts in 11GP...
2 mai 2022 à 20 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: GoHabsGo99
Habs take Wright, why choose last 8 games? include the 3 prior and its 17 pts in 11GP...

Fair question.
I started by using dates that others were away for the World Junior tournament.
It was really to show guys who have moved up and down.

Cooley clearly has moved up over recent weeks.
Nemec has clearly moved up over recent weeks.
Wright has flatlined a bit.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage