Get out of the funk

Créé par: A_K
Équipe: 2021-22 Blues de St-Louis
Date de création initiale: 9 mars 2022
Publié: 9 mars 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Just some thoughts on how I would approach things:

- With the deadline approaching I wouldn't be looking at external options until this team shows more buy-in. The top teams in the west are on another level right now so the Blues are going to have to find it in themselves to convince the GM to add. We all know that is how Armstrong operates, he's said it for the past 5 or so deadlines.

- I'd look for internal tweaks in the next couple weeks:
Krug has been brutal, team worst 36% xG% in the last 6 games. I think he and Parayko could unlock some synergies considering how poor Parayko has been with his outlet passing/exits and how poor Krug has been net-front and defending in his own end. I know these pairings don't give Chief a "shutdown" pairing to match up with but it ain't like anyone is shutting things down as it is... not generating nearly enough offense out of the back either.

Perunovich - what the heck is going on? Why are all Berube's comments cryptic and subtly demeaning? Am I taking crazy pills? The dude played his conditioning stint and was eligible to come off LTIR Feb 17th. For a team that can't break the puck out of their own zone, how is he not ready to get another shot?

Kyrou - he was riding a 7-game pt streak when 95% of his shifts have been complete garbage. He needs to get back into form or a wake up call to the press box will come soon. I'm sure Chief is more concerned with his overall play than his production down the stretch.

Kostin - I thought he was a little more noticeable in the last few weeks so I was surprised to see him sent down. My guess is that since he and Joshua were the only waiver-exempt options, they had to go down to deliver the message that the poor play was irritating. He should come back up, and if he doesn't clean up his overall game he should become trade bait sooner than later. Don't want him to run out of runway and get tossed aside for nothing.

Brown - not sure if they're scared of losing the conditional pick by playing him in 30 games, but he was solid in every game they put him in earlier in the year, especially when he got time with ROR.

Walman - his skating helps out a ton, but his feet can be quicker than his head. I think he has to take a back seat to Bortuzzo simply for the PK.

Binnington - I don't mind him getting more action but it should still be Husso's net, especially to snap out of this funk. Ville has stolen plenty of games this year, keep riding.

What do you think of the lines/pairs to try to turn the tables? Would you start looking for external options? Are they going to fall apart to the point of a deadline sell?
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de OTT
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $72 032 182 $306 349 $2 975 000 $9 467 818 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 4
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 5
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 7
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
1 875 000 $1 875 000 $
C
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 6
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 300 000 $$1M)
DG
RFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 6
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 6
787 500 $787 500 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 250 000 $$1M)
C, AD
NTC
UFA - 1
3 275 000 $3 275 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 mars 2022 à 10 h 28
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,346
I agree with some of your observations, not so much on others, but the real problem these last several games has generally not been the defense or goaltending. The problem is the offense is slumping, in everything from scoring to getting pucks deep to not making bad turnovers in the neutral zone. The forwards all need to pick their socks up big time.
A_K a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2022 à 10 h 34
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,982
I dont think Krug and Parayko. Only reason I say that is because Parayko also loves moving the puck and gets hemmed into the offensive zone which could leave Krug all alone on defense. Not a good idea.
I do wonder if the Perunovich is the key trade piece for a guy like Chychrun. I will disagree on the external options. Blues desperately need some more young talent outside of Thomas and Kyrou, especially on defense. Mikkola is fine, but he's a bottom pairing guy right now.
The biggest problem they have right now is the same as has been all year. Sloppy defensive play combined with bad transitions (something Dunn was great at doing despite his other flaws). Adding in slumping offense is the topper.
They should definitely bring back the Thomas-Buch-Tarasenko line. They were great together.
A_K a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2022 à 10 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,332
Quoting: mokumboi
I agree with some of your observations, not so much on others, but the real problem these last several games has generally not been the defense or goaltending. The problem is the offense is slumping, in everything from scoring to getting pucks deep to not making bad turnovers in the neutral zone. The forwards all need to pick their socks up big time.

It's true, the offense has totally dried up. I just hate the way they try to create offense. Too reliant on the forwards to come all the way back to get a 10 ft pass and then they run into a traffic jam in the NZ. Or everything flows up the boards and is so easy to clog up. It usually looks like one guy moving and 4 guys standing. I think if they can get more stretch plays, be more confident moving the puck out of the back, they'll get more scoring chances. That's why I'd be looking at changing up the D even though the forwards have stalled. They have the personnel - Krug, Faulk, Perunovich(?) - to be a cleaner entry/exit team. From there, it's just a matter of finishing more chances.
9 mars 2022 à 10 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: Chopper02
I dont think Krug and Parayko. Only reason I say that is because Parayko also loves moving the puck and gets hemmed into the offensive zone which could leave Krug all alone on defense. Not a good idea.
I do wonder if the Perunovich is the key trade piece for a guy like Chychrun. I will disagree on the external options. Blues desperately need some more young talent outside of Thomas and Kyrou, especially on defense. Mikkola is fine, but he's a bottom pairing guy right now.
The biggest problem they have right now is the same as has been all year. Sloppy defensive play combined with bad transitions (something Dunn was great at doing despite his other flaws). Adding in slumping offense is the topper.
They should definitely bring back the Thomas-Buch-Tarasenko line. They were great together.

Chychrun trade would be an exception for me because he has term on his deal and his young. I'd give them whatever it takes and not look back. My point was to avoid rentals until the team looks like they can roll teams. I agree with you on pretty much all of this, but I still think 47-55 is worth a look. They seem like pretty cerebral players, I think they could figure it out.
9 mars 2022 à 10 h 45
Xercuses
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,616
I think what it is and this may sound like denial
we just need a damn good game
weve seen what this team can do it outplays the likes of FLA, TOR, NYR alot but lately it seems like there is no fire.
i think we get a good game itll lit a fire and we can be good for the playoffs
A_K a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2022 à 10 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: xercuses
I think what it is and this may sound like denial
we just need a damn good game
weve seen what this team can do it outplays the likes of FLA, TOR, NYR alot but lately it seems like there is no fire.
i think we get a good game itll lit a fire and we can be good for the playoffs

That seems to be the hope based on the comments I read from Schenn and Faulk. They said it takes hard work but can switch with just one game. I have faith but there have been underlying issues all season that have been mostly covered up by an amazing PP and Husso being a brick wall. I just want to see them hit their peak and then maybe Army will find a way to add at the TDL. Or not, I just hate the Jekyll/Hyde that the Blues always give us.
xercuses a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2022 à 11 h 40
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,353
Enjoyed the in-depth notes. These are always interesting to read from other teams.

I have only seen a handful of Blues games recently. The two against the Devils, one vs Islanders and parts of game vs Blackhawks. I thought in each that Klim Kostin looked pretty impactful, both physically on forecheck but also with quick release. But didn’t seem to log many minutes. Have they tried him with Thomas or higher else in lineup? What’s the deal there?

Also in those NJ games, our little speedy guys seemed at ease getting around the third pair. Maybe they could add a little speed back there.

My two cents from limited exposure to recent Blues games.
A_K a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2022 à 11 h 51
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 27
Quoting: A_K
That seems to be the hope based on the comments I read from Schenn and Faulk. They said it takes hard work but can switch with just one game. I have faith but there have been underlying issues all season that have been mostly covered up by an amazing PP and Husso being a brick wall. I just want to see them hit their peak and then maybe Army will find a way to add at the TDL. Or not, I just hate the Jekyll/Hyde that the Blues always give us.

Every team goes through stretches, even the media's ponyboy Colorado has lost 3 of 4. I think what's most frustrating is looking at all of the separation we could have put between us and Dal/Nsh/Min. We could have essentially locked in home ice 1st round.
A_K a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2022 à 12 h 29
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,982
Quoting: A_K
Chychrun trade would be an exception for me because he has term on his deal and his young. I'd give them whatever it takes and not look back. My point was to avoid rentals until the team looks like they can roll teams. I agree with you on pretty much all of this, but I still think 47-55 is worth a look. They seem like pretty cerebral players, I think they could figure it out.

I'm with you on avoiding rentals. Shouldn't even be a consideration at this point in time. Given both Krug's and Parayko's positioning blunders, I'm not sure they can but maybe I'm wrong
A_K a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2022 à 13 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Enjoyed the in-depth notes. These are always interesting to read from other teams.

I have only seen a handful of Blues games recently. The two against the Devils, one vs Islanders and parts of game vs Blackhawks. I thought in each that Klim Kostin looked pretty impactful, both physically on forecheck but also with quick release. But didn’t seem to log many minutes. Have they tried him with Thomas or higher else in lineup? What’s the deal there?

Also in those NJ games, our little speedy guys seemed at ease getting around the third pair. Maybe they could add a little speed back there.

My two cents from limited exposure to recent Blues games.

I don't recall ever seeing Klim elevated from the 4th line. Maybe a couple of games on L3 when they were banged up. And the coach's quotes are centered around him playing simpler, north/south, direct. It's a tough top9 to crack in to but they are definitely not showing interest in his offense/creativtiy, I think they see him as solely an energy guy. I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do on a scoring line but I don't think they'll do to much experimenting at this point in the season.

Aside from 3-4 guys, team speed is a concern. Walman is a fast skater but not necessarily strong on pucks and doesn't have the reach that some of the other guys have. So there is some give or take. Ideally, they would add someone to the top4 and the trickle down would solidify all 3 pairings and give some better matchup options on a nightly basis (i.e. going with Walman/Perunovich or Bortuzzo with Mikkola based on the opposition).

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage