Forums/Armchair-GM

Could Mayfield Get a 1st

Créé par: ForsbergForVezina
Équipe: 2021-22 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 10 janv. 2022
Publié: 10 janv. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Mayfield has fewer goals and points than Chiarot, but he's analytically a better player, has another year on his contract and is significantly less expensive against the cap. If Chiarot is supposedly worth a 1st, Mayfield is as well, in my opinion. Whether or not the Isles make him available is another question -- he's a cheap, top-4 right handed defenseman and one of the team's leaders -- but there's no question that more youth and depth will be needed in the years ahead. With Noah Dobson's emergence on the right side of the defense, I think Mayfield has become expendable and should be leveraged in a trade either at the deadline or in the offseason.
Transactions
NYI
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (STL)
Détails additionnels:
Doesn't have to be STL obviously, but a team looking to get stronger defensively and willing to part with valuable assets to get to a Cup this year or next
STL
  1. Koivula, Otto
  2. Mayfield, Scott
Détails additionnels:
Throwing in Koivula because he's never going to get a real chance here, but as little left to prove in the AHL
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de STL
Logo de COL
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $76 746 688 $1 365 854 $2 857 500 $4 753 312 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Islanders de New York
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
AD
RFA - 2
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 5
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 3
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 5
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C
UFA - 6
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $ (Bonis de performance250 000 $$250K)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
DD
RFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $ (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
DG
UFA - 1
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance32 500 $$32K)
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $ (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
AG
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
11 janv. 2022 à 10 h 17
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,096
Quoting: Chopper02
Savard's is a top 4 guy though but again did not have much talent around him . Gavrikov is just okay, top 4? Maybe depending on the team, but let's not pretend like he's anything special. Savard has been a top 4 defenseman for awhile now and he's one of those players where the analytics don't match the eye test. He's not flashy but he gets the job done.
As far as Trotz goes, he's not a mediocre coach. He's one of better ones in rhe league. His system is great and has proven to work. The Isles on paper should never had made it to the ECF multiple years in a row, but they did.

Gavrikov is a lot better than Leddy, who Mayfied had to play with. Savard did not get the job done though considering he was much worse defensively over the past two seasons, which you can see from the eye test.

That is false, i watch every isles game and they win in spite of Trotz. Yeah Trotz has had two top 20 defenseman in their prime and one of the most dynamic players in the game , but they didn’t deserve to make it far hahaha. Trotz has not changed the trajectory of any player on the isles roster and his system is nothing special, he got carried by pelech/Pulock + Barzal’s line.
11 janv. 2022 à 11 h 3
Démarrer sujet
CHI NYI
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,253
Quoting: silentfox1
eh maybe second. But who knows, get a team desperate enough.

Quoting: mk458
If the right team wants him, I could see him fetching a 1st

Quoting: coga16
I dont know if its a slam dunk that he gets a 1st, but IMO if you are going to do that, hes more viable with the low aav and another year under contract, especially if the Islanders take a contract back.

Quoting: UpsideDownQue
I think so. He plays a rare position and has a very cheap contract. That combination makes him a good fit on a lot of contending teams

Quoting: villenash
I don't think he would normally be worth a 1st, but rumored prices seem to be pretty high right now. If that holds, I could see a team like TBL or TOR or a team like that trading a 1st for that contract + extra year. Other that than, I don't think other teams would pay that much. He'd look good in VAN too, but they're not paying a 1st for him -- gonna have to be a legit contender to pay that price.

Quoting: bagelbob
i don't think st louis is the team but i think he could from a contender with minimal cap space and a need at RD

Quoting: suburbanrobot
Man it is hard for me to envision a scenario in which Scott Mayfield gets a 1st round pick. But if he does it won't be in STL unless Mayfield can play his off hand; the need here is LD not RD.

Mayfield won't get a first. Maybe a 3rd rounder and c prospect.

Quoting: BlastnyFromThePastny
Been wondering what NYI would want for him. I have been doing a few unpublished ACGMs getting him on the Avs because I think he'd be great with Girard. I've been trading Gross, Murray and this year's 3rd for Mayfield. Also interesting to see a number of Avs fans commenting. Maybe I'm not the only one thinking it'd be a good idea. Toews would be there to help him get acclimatized to the team.

Quoting: Db1899
Isles should definitely trade Mayfield before the deadline. I think he could return a 1st, but more likely a 2nd + 3rd rd pick.

Dobson’s emergence definitely makes him expandable, Dobson will cost at least 4 mill and Mayfield will want to get paid like a top 4 D man in a few years.

Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
Neither Chiarot nor Mayfield are worth a 1st that would be a horrible overpayment. I could see a late 2nd rounder being given for him.

If Mayfield is worth a 1st then what is Justin Holl worth. Both are on the market and pretty similar players.

Quoting: Warrior24
Mayfield is worth a 2nd and maybe an additional 3rd if he was a UFA rental. However he has another year on an extremely cheap contract which the Isles have no incentive to move unless there is a 1st on the table.

Quoting: A_K
I'll just say that I don't think he's worth a late 1st - more like a 2nd and maybe a prospect with some runway - but I'd rather see the Blues GM trade a 1st for Mayfield than Chiarot.

I appreciate the feedback, a lot of differing opinions here. The way I see it, at this point, if the Isles don’t get a 1st rounder for him before next season, he honestly might be worth more to them on their roster than in a trade. No harm in keeping him one more year, especially since regardless of how this year ends, competing for a playoff spot is going to be next year’s objective as well.

The problem for me comes after next year; I dont really see a place for him on the roster or on the payroll past next season. Gonna be really interesting to see how they handle him, could be a really big opportunity for them (and another team, if they like Mayfield)
villenash a aimé ceci.
11 janv. 2022 à 12 h 35
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,982
Gavrikov is a lot better than Leddy, who Mayfied had to play with. Savard did not get the job done though considering he was much worse defensively over the past two seasons, which you can see from the eye test.

That is false, i watch every isles game and they win in spite of Trotz. Yeah Trotz has had two top 20 defenseman in their prime and one of the most dynamic players in the game , but they didn’t deserve to make it far hahaha. Trotz has not changed the trajectory of any player on the isles roster and his system is nothing special, he got carried by pelech/Pulock + Barzal’s line.

Trotz system works otherwise they wouldn't have made it as far as they have. 5 players can't carry a team to the ECF without a tremendous system to play within. Trotz gives them that system. This year things have fallen off the rails, but the Isles have had a lot of players sidelined.
11 janv. 2022 à 12 h 43
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,096
Trotz system works otherwise they wouldn't have made it as far as they have. 5 players can't carry a team to the ECF without a tremendous system to play within. Trotz gives them that system. This year things have fallen off the rails, but the Isles have had a lot of players sidelined.

The Isles were carried by their stars. The pelech-pulock pairing was the best D pairing in the league last season, similar to the perfection line in Boston, that pair made up for the teams other flaws because Trotz is stubborn and doesn't Ice the best team with the personnel he has available. The isles also have two stud goaltenders, which you can credit Mitch Korn for considering he's arguably the best goalie coach of all time. The players are the reason the isles made it to the ECF finals, Trotz had very little to do with it. Trotz is riding the aging curve of the teams best players, this is a fact.
11 janv. 2022 à 12 h 53
The Isles were carried by their stars. The pelech-pulock pairing was the best D pairing in the league last season, similar to the perfection line in Boston, that pair made up for the teams other flaws because Trotz is stubborn and doesn't Ice the best team with the personnel he has available. The isles also have two stud goaltenders, which you can credit Mitch Korn for considering he's arguably the best goalie coach of all time. The players are the reason the isles made it to the ECF finals, Trotz had very little to do with it. Trotz is riding the aging curve of the teams best players, this is a fact.

It's not a fact at all. Even before the emergence of Pelech and Pullock last year the Isles were a good team. Pelech-Pullock have only been an elite tandem for one season. That's it. Their goaltending is mediocre and a system in front of them designed to minimalize high danger shots improves their stats dramatically. The same thing happened when Hitchcock was the coach of the Blues. The Blues at the time didn't have a ton of elite talent besides Tarasenko, Schwartz, Oshie, Petro and Shattenkirk. But they won a lot with Halak and Brian f***ng Elliott winning multiple Jennings trophies. They weren't that good, but a good enough system in front helps make them look fantastic. You can deny it all you want, but you discredit how systems can lead to success. That's why without Crosby and Malkin in the lineup Pittsburgh still wins games.
12 janv. 2022 à 2 h 31
ALjet12
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 315
It's not a fact at all. Even before the emergence of Pelech and Pullock last year the Isles were a good team. Pelech-Pullock have only been an elite tandem for one season. That's it. Their goaltending is mediocre and a system in front of them designed to minimalize high danger shots improves their stats dramatically. The same thing happened when Hitchcock was the coach of the Blues. The Blues at the time didn't have a ton of elite talent besides Tarasenko, Schwartz, Oshie, Petro and Shattenkirk. But they won a lot with Halak and Brian f***ng Elliott winning multiple Jennings trophies. They weren't that good, but a good enough system in front helps make them look fantastic. You can deny it all you want, but you discredit how systems can lead to success. That's why without Crosby and Malkin in the lineup Pittsburgh still wins games.

You do know that before Pulock and Pelech became a pair in 2018-2019, in the 2017-2018 season they gave up the most goals in the entire league being the worst defensive team in ten years with Boychuck and Leddy as their first pair. Buddy you better do your research first before you make any statements.
12 janv. 2022 à 5 h 32
Quoting: ALjet12
You do know that before Pulock and Pelech became a pair in 2018-2019, in the 2017-2018 season they gave up the most goals in the entire league being the worst defensive team in ten years with Boychuck and Leddy as their first pair. Buddy you better do your research first before you make any statements.

And who became coach in the 18-19 season? Trotz. You better do your research too buddy. Notice how I said they became elite? They weren't elite in 18-19 that came after the fact. The system that was put in place helped them eventually get to that elite status.
12 janv. 2022 à 13 h 41
ALjet12
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 315
And who became coach in the 18-19 season? Trotz. You better do your research too buddy. Notice how I said they became elite? They weren't elite in 18-19 that came after the fact. The system that was put in place helped them eventually get to that elite status.

On the flip side you can't enact a system without the right personal in place. Personal is the foundation before you do anything else.
12 janv. 2022 à 14 h 56
Quoting: ALjet12
On the flip side you can't enact a system without the right personal in place. Personal is the foundation before you do anything else.

It's a symbiotic relationship. The right coach gets the most out of his players and that's what Trotz does so well.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage