Forums/Armchair-GM

Sens type deadline moves thatll have us all talking

Créé par: FantasySens
Équipe: 2021-22 Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Date de création initiale: 6 janv. 2022
Publié: 6 janv. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I'd be ecstatic if they could get any type of pick for the guys below.

I still think Tierney has a lot more value on a playoff bound teams 4th line than he does with the Sens. Can be an extremely effective checking center when he's left in that role.

Sanford is a UFA and likely won't be back so get something for him.

Ryan and Archibald are cap dumps for EDM. Ryan becomes a veteran leader by default in OTT cuz there's no one else. Holden can be the left hand bottom pair dman that EDM needs for cheap and they're familiar with what Ennis can bring to their bottom 6.

Unfortunately this is what years of being a Sens fan has brought me to...realism beyond measure...
Transactions
OTT
  1. Archibald, Josh
  2. Ryan, Derek
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Ennis, Tyler
  2. Holden, Nick (850 000 $ retained)
OTT
  1. Brooks, Adam
  2. Choix de 6e ronde en 2023 (VGK)
VGK
  1. Tierney, Chris (1 750 000 $ retained)
OTT
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (CGY)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de TBL
Logo de OTT
Logo de BOS
Logo de VAN
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de NYI
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de EDM
Logo de CGY
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de VGK
Logo de OTT
Logo de NSH
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $65 388 257 $0 $4 507 500 $16 111 743 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
8 330 674 $8 330 674 $
AG
UFA - 7
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C
UFA - 1
4 975 000 $4 975 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 6
747 500 $747 500 $ (Bonis de performance107 500 $$108K)
AG
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C
UFA - 2
3 600 000 $3 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
749 250 $749 250 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance600 000 $$600K)
C
RFA - 2
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 4
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
725 000 $725 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 7
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance450 000 $$450K)
DG/DD, AG
RFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
997 500 $997 500 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
6 janv. 2022 à 11 h 25
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,487
1. The Edmonton trade is good for Ottawa.

The only thing is that you won't want Archibald playing for Ottawa.

He has myocarditis.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/oilers-josh-archibald-indefinitely-heart-condition/

2. The Vegas trade is bad for Ottawa.

You're underselling Tierney at 50% retention.

3. The Calgary trade is good for Ottawa.

Ottawa is getting a 3rd round pick vs the 4th round pick we spent to get him in the first place.
6 janv. 2022 à 11 h 32
KDow88
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 148
I don't foresee Sanford netting a 3rd or even a 4th, would suspect he gets Max a 5th for a return.. As for the Vegas deal, why? They have 3 top 9 C right now w/o Jack Eichel in the lineup, acquiring a 3rd line C for 4th line purposes with - Cap Space likley won't happen.. Then Edmonton, if anything they'd be looking to acquire Tierney, NOT Ennis again, Holden can be helpful in the bottom pairing, but really they already have Koekkoek/Lagesson/Russell/Niemelainen that do the exact same things, so if anything they'd be looking to get an improvement there. Plus as the dude above mentioned Archibald, much like Stalock will likely not play the rest of this year due to their post covid conditions, and Edmonton would rather LTIR that cap space and let his deal run out. But, I do like the Ryan portion of the deal, would be some cap relief if they were to take on say Tierney in a deal, but I also believe Turris would need to go for cap purposes, unless the Sens were willing to eat some of Tierney's salary, with that the Oilers could flip next years 3rd with Ryan to get a retained Tierney and help both clubs..
6 janv. 2022 à 11 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 62
Quoting: sensonfire

He has myocarditis.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/oilers-josh-archibald-indefinitely-heart-condition/

2. The Vegas trade is bad for Ottawa.

You're underselling Tierney at 50% retention.

3. The Calgary trade is good for Ottawa.

Ottawa is getting a 3rd round pick vs the 4th round pick we spent to get him in the first place.

I was unsure whether Archibald would be on the LTIR for the rest of the year or not. Sounds like he will be so take him out of the deal.

OTT gave up brown and a 4th for Sanford and Brown went 10th overall so one could argue that it's not great for OTT...haha.

And I agree with your 2nd point, I think pretty highly of Tierney in the right role as well, but for whatever reason it doesn't seem NHL GM's think that.
6 janv. 2022 à 11 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: KDow88
I don't foresee Sanford netting a 3rd or even a 4th, would suspect he gets Max a 5th for a return.. As for the Vegas deal, why? They have 3 top 9 C right now w/o Jack Eichel in the lineup, acquiring a 3rd line C for 4th line purposes with - Cap Space likley won't happen.. Then Edmonton, if anything they'd be looking to acquire Tierney, NOT Ennis again, Holden can be helpful in the bottom pairing, but really they already have Koekkoek/Lagesson/Russell/Niemelainen that do the exact same things, so if anything they'd be looking to get an improvement there. Plus as the dude above mentioned Archibald, much like Stalock will likely not play the rest of this year due to their post covid conditions, and Edmonton would rather LTIR that cap space and let his deal run out. But, I do like the Ryan portion of the deal, would be some cap relief if they were to take on say Tierney in a deal, but I also believe Turris would need to go for cap purposes, unless the Sens were willing to eat some of Tierney's salary, with that the Oilers could flip next years 3rd with Ryan to get a retained Tierney and help both clubs..

I don't disagree on Sanford. There may be a bidding war for a big winger with stanley cup experience...as this always seems to be a thing.

I think many teams over the years have shown why you add center depth at the deadline when you're a playoff bound team. Another checking center will not hurt them, rest assured.

Ya I was unsure if Archibald was hurt all year...because he is take him out of that deal. EDM can't take on Tierneys salary unless Turris is in the deal and OTT ain't dealing for Turris, trust me...haha
6 janv. 2022 à 11 h 58
KDow88
Quoting: FantasySens
I don't disagree on Sanford. There may be a bidding war for a big winger with stanley cup experience...as this always seems to be a thing.

I think many teams over the years have shown why you add center depth at the deadline when you're a playoff bound team. Another checking center will not hurt them, rest assured.

Ya I was unsure if Archibald was hurt all year...because he is take him out of that deal. EDM can't take on Tierneys salary unless Turris is in the deal and OTT ain't dealing for Turris, trust me...haha

You missed the point on Vegas, even if Ott retains salary, Vegas will not have space for Tierney, when Eichel returns(likely early March) they'll have Eichel, Stephenson, Janmark already down the middle, so Tierney would be irrelevant for them, AND they need to offload around $5m to activate Eichel, unless Pacioretty is out until the playoffs ala Tampa Bay style.. But, again if Ottawa is willing to retain and deal Tierney- the deal you proposed to Edmonton would work, retained Tierney for full Ryan and a mid to early pick likely gets a deal done w/o having to take Turris' deal in the process..
6 janv. 2022 à 12 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: KDow88
You missed the point on Vegas, even if Ott retains salary, Vegas will not have space for Tierney, when Eichel returns(likely early March) they'll have Eichel, Stephenson, Janmark already down the middle, so Tierney would be irrelevant for them, AND they need to offload around $5m to activate Eichel, unless Pacioretty is out until the playoffs ala Tampa Bay style.. But, again if Ottawa is willing to retain and deal Tierney- the deal you proposed to Edmonton would work, retained Tierney for full Ryan and a mid to early pick likely gets a deal done w/o having to take Turris' deal in the process..

According to the trade simulator and because of how the pro rated salaries work, the deal still works for vgk at 50 percent retained. It gets tricky if say Eichel or Patches come back tomorrow, but I don't think that's happening? At the end of the day it doesn't have to be with VGK I just felt that they're a team every year that wishes they had more center depth come the playoffs...
6 janv. 2022 à 12 h 3
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,487
I was unsure whether Archibald would be on the LTIR for the rest of the year or not. Sounds like he will be so take him out of the deal.

OTT gave up brown and a 4th for Sanford and Brown went 10th overall so one could argue that it's not great for OTT...haha.

And I agree with your 2nd point, I think pretty highly of Tierney in the right role as well, but for whatever reason it doesn't seem NHL GM's think that.

1. After trading for Logan Brown, the St. Louis Blues placed him on waivers and nobody claimed him.

That trade is fine for Ottawa.

2. Also, if Logan Brown plays 30 games for the Blues this season, Ottawa will actually keep the 4th round pick.

So far, he's played 13.

That means he needs to play in 17 more out of the 48 regular season games left for the Blues before the playoffs.

If that happens, it should be seen as a straight up swap between Logan Brown and Zach Sanford.

3. And Logan Brown was drafted 11th overall in 2016, not 10th.
Xspyrit a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2022 à 12 h 9
Démarrer sujet
1. After trading for Logan Brown, the St. Louis Blues placed him on waivers and nobody claimed him.

That trade is fine for Ottawa.

2. Also, if Logan Brown plays 30 games for the Blues this season, Ottawa will actually keep the 4th round pick.

So far, he's played 13.

That means he needs to play in 17 more out of the 48 regular season games left for the Blues before the playoffs.

If that happens, it should be seen as a straight up swap between Logan Brown and Zach Sanford.

3. And Logan Brown was drafted 11th overall in 2016, not 10th.

Believe I am not one of the ones that'll argue that deal was bad for OTT. Brown did not want to play in OTT...he wanted to play for his daddy's STL Blues...
6 janv. 2022 à 12 h 14
KDow88
According to the trade simulator and because of how the pro rated salaries work, the deal still works for vgk at 50 percent retained. It gets tricky if say Eichel or Patches come back tomorrow, but I don't think that's happening? At the end of the day it doesn't have to be with VGK I just felt that they're a team every year that wishes they had more center depth come the playoffs...

Edmonton is looking for a 3rd Line C, so think what you proposed to Vegas, could work with Edmonton, and the return you mentioned you'd get from them, but probably a 3rd over a 2nd... Tierney could be a sneaky add for any team, I feel like he is what Demelo was a couple years back for Winnipeg, quite pickup, that can pay dividends for the remainder of this year and look to extend him-wherever he goes..
6 janv. 2022 à 12 h 21
Pistol Pete
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,479
if archibald was a live body edmonton would not be trading him. I think derek ryan has more to offer at this point than Ennis.
6 janv. 2022 à 12 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Zmach
if archibald was a live body edmonton would not be trading him. I think derek ryan has more to offer at this point than Ennis.

Ya knowing what I know now about Archibald I'd take him out of that deal. Ryan has two years left on his deal where as Ennis is a UFA, so may be beneficial for EDM to clear some extra salary going into next year.
6 janv. 2022 à 15 h 21
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,728

He has myocarditis.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/oilers-josh-archibald-indefinitely-heart-condition/.

Archibald was the last player on a Canadian NHL team to remain unvaccinated

Well, I hope being an anti-vaxx was worth it financially, he literally threw a few millions in the garbage (I mean, if his NHL career is over)
sensonfire a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2022 à 21 h 57
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,603

his career is most likely over, the C19 clot shot is notorious for ending athletes careers.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage