Forums/Edmonton Oilers

Is Mikko Koskinen Actually Good?

Do we need to acquire a better goalie?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

15 nov. 2021 à 8 h 40
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 507
Although it is a small sample size, Mikko Koskinen has been great so far in the games he has played.

Do we still need to find another goalie, or, is a tandem of Mikko Koskinen and Mike Smith good enough.

I still think we need a better goalie, but Koskinen has not been bad at all for us.
16 nov. 2021 à 14 h 30
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
He's too good to warrant the price to dump a lot of fans seem to expect it'll take to move him, and he's not good enough in name-recognition to trust 100% headed into the playoffs.

Mike Smith's injuries are becoming worrisome and now all of a sudden that second year of term Kenny sent him looks like a mistake. If Schmitty is out for any truly extended period of time, I'd maybe take a flyer on Anderson or some other buy-low netminder, but I'm not expecting any real moves made to upgrade the goaltending until this upcoming summer at the earliest, the 2023 deadline at the latest.
Oilers4Days a aimé ceci.
29 nov. 2021 à 17 h 40
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,780
Skinner's emergence makes any talk of acquiring another goaltender premature. Koskinen is doing well in the starter role and Skinner is doing very well in the backup role. I wouldn't be surprised to see them getting near equal starts until Smith gets back.

It's critical that the Oilers find out what they have in Skinner this season, as he is no longer waivers exempt next season. I think that's what is happening now.
Oilers4Days a aimé ceci.
30 nov. 2021 à 22 h 55
Simpleton
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Modifié 30 nov. 2021 à 23 h 20
Koskinen and Skinner have given the Oilers goaltending that has been good enough to win on most nights and clearly won the confidence of the GM and coaching staff. Given the circumstances, I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect more from them. We will see how they hold up behind a depleted blue line during what looks like the toughest stretch in the schedule so far.

Smith played 3 games and hasn't seen game action since October 19. It's simply not possible to suggest how/if he will perform. Surely Holland is carefully monitoring Smith's recovery. I suspect he has options in mind in case Smith's season is in jeopardy.
Oilers4Days a aimé ceci.
2 déc. 2021 à 13 h 28
Simpleton
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 502
I'd say the Oilers would have been hammered by the Penguins if not for Koskinen's performance last night. That makes at least three games that can be categorized as steels.
Oilers4Days a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage