Forums/Armchair-GM

Semi-Accurate roster like Sakic

Créé par: JackAce91
Équipe: 2021-22 Équipe personnalisée
Date de création initiale: 13 sept. 2021
Publié: 13 sept. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
From what I have seen with how Sakic has built the Avs in the last few years, he values speed over size, which is different from most other GMs.

As far as I can tell, his top two lines have one scorer (that doesn't suffer too much on defense), a gritty center who can ideally play anywhere, and another winger that is primarily good at defense with offensive upside. This is just as guess, as Landeskog and Compher (based on last years normal lines), weren't as great at defense statistically, as they were the previous year but had improved offense. Each line also has a bit of scrappiness on it from somewhere. Top 6, it is from the centers. The third line seems to be primarily defense oriented, while the fourth line is for scrappiness with some offense.

On Defense, he seems to pair offensive monsters with defensive beasts. Once again, he makes sure that neither player is a pylon in the other zone though.

He doesn't seem to have a specific type of goalie he picks, but from what it seems, he prefers a definite starter and backup.

Since I don't see an outline like Burke just released in his book, this will be largely a guess as to who belongs where.

Since it's based on the avs team with Sakic, I won't be using their players. Making it a bit more difficult.
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $71 881 931 $0 $0 $9 618 069 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
4 137 500 $4 137 500 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AG
UFA - 3
Logo de Kraken de Seattle
2 940 000 $2 940 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
2 650 000 $2 650 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 3
Logo de Capitals de Washington
2 415 000 $2 415 000 $
C
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Islanders de New York
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
5 200 000 $5 200 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 166 667 $6 166 667 $
G
UFA - 3
Logo de Kraken de Seattle
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Predators de Nashville
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
725 000 $725 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
2 822 764 $2 822 764 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
13 sept. 2021 à 23 h 40
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,341
This is interesting. The defense looks like something out of a Sakic playbook. I feel the overall theme should be more about skating and speed. If you look at his acquisitions - especially toews, burakovsky, girard, donskoi - and draft picks - Makar, Byram, Jost, Newhook, etc. - there is a big focus on skating ability. Obviously he had found some complementary players for the right trade costs (graves, nichushkin, kadri) who aren't standout skaters, and they fit in well to balance things out, but the impact guys are all masters on edges and speedsters (aside from the big man Rantanen)
csick a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 0 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 308
Quoting: A_K
This is interesting. The defense looks like something out of a Sakic playbook. I feel the overall theme should be more about skating and speed. If you look at his acquisitions - especially toews, burakovsky, girard, donskoi - and draft picks - Makar, Byram, Jost, Newhook, etc. - there is a big focus on skating ability. Obviously he had found some complementary players for the right trade costs (graves, nichushkin, kadri) who aren't standout skaters, and they fit in well to balance things out, but the impact guys are all masters on edges and speedsters (aside from the big man Rantanen)

Yeah you're right. I was looking all over the place for ranks of speed, outside of the obvious ones, but they are difficult to find. Eventually, I just started to find pieces that fit with the scheme he has put together. I love Sakic as a GM, because he is able to find these speedsters and put them to use better than a lot of the old-school guys like Lou or Holland. they take a guy like Barzal and put him next to Matt Martin or Anders Lee. It works for Lou because of the playstyle, but it won't work as the rest of the teams increase in speed, as we've seen whenever they play Tampa.
14 sept. 2021 à 1 h 31
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 795
Quoting: JackAce91
Yeah you're right. I was looking all over the place for ranks of speed, outside of the obvious ones, but they are difficult to find. Eventually, I just started to find pieces that fit with the scheme he has put together. I love Sakic as a GM, because he is able to find these speedsters and put them to use better than a lot of the old-school guys like Lou or Holland. they take a guy like Barzal and put him next to Matt Martin or Anders Lee. It works for Lou because of the playstyle, but it won't work as the rest of the teams increase in speed, as we've seen whenever they play Tampa.

Barzal would thrive in colorado. But tbh if we played the same style as tampa using our speed but staying physical we would win. I dont think its how lou builds the team i think its that trotz doesnt know how to really use the speed that we do have. Like why beauvillier hasnt played on the same line as barzal since trotz came is mind boggling.
14 sept. 2021 à 10 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: UBS_ARENA
Barzal would thrive in colorado. But tbh if we played the same style as tampa using our speed but staying physical we would win. I dont think its how lou builds the team i think its that trotz doesnt know how to really use the speed that we do have. Like why beauvillier hasnt played on the same line as barzal since trotz came is mind boggling.

Yeah I get what Trotz is doing and I think it is almost the best strategy for the Islanders, but it does need a bit of a shake up. From what I have seen, Barzals line is primary point production playing a lot more of an aggressive offensive game, while every other line plays almost full defense just keeping the opponent to the outside. But I think why it's not really working is that BArzal is one of the fastest guys in the league, but A, his linemates are slow, and B, Trotz has him dumping and chasing more than he should. If Trotz and Lou developed a sturdy top six of people who are faster and can play some better offense, the team would have won a cup by now. I'm not a fan of them, but I can respect it.
UBS_ARENA a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 11 h 50
Yeah I get what Trotz is doing and I think it is almost the best strategy for the Islanders, but it does need a bit of a shake up. From what I have seen, Barzals line is primary point production playing a lot more of an aggressive offensive game, while every other line plays almost full defense just keeping the opponent to the outside. But I think why it's not really working is that BArzal is one of the fastest guys in the league, but A, his linemates are slow, and B, Trotz has him dumping and chasing more than he should. If Trotz and Lou developed a sturdy top six of people who are faster and can play some better offense, the team would have won a cup by now. I'm not a fan of them, but I can respect it.

Yeah look at how tampa did it. Thats the perfect way to do it, and we have the personell to do that. Just trotz has his way and thats the only way. He wont tweak it if its not working (which it has been working im just saying).
15 sept. 2021 à 12 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: UBS_ARENA
Yeah look at how tampa did it. Thats the perfect way to do it, and we have the personell to do that. Just trotz has his way and thats the only way. He wont tweak it if its not working (which it has been working im just saying).

I think you're right about that. His methods work, but the only way the team improves is with upgrading the pieces he works with instead of tweaking the system around what he has.
UBS_ARENA a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 12 h 27
I think you're right about that. His methods work, but the only way the team improves is with upgrading the pieces he works with instead of tweaking the system around what he has.

Now im hoping lou did enough and i think we will trade for a LD2 but trotz doesnt like you said tweak it to fit his players. And that stubborness (its not just the system but playing certain guys and so on) is his single big problem. If he was a little more flexible he would easily be the best coach in the league.
15 sept. 2021 à 15 h 39
Mentions "j'aime": 12,113

Lee plays with Barzal because he’s a 1st line caliber player who can score goals at a high rate. Barzal’s RW last season was Eberle, who was a very good skater and was able to drive play at an elite level. Before Lee’s injury they were a top 5 line in the NHL. Barzal doesn’t need players who are fast, he needs players who can think fast and finish. The one problem with Trotz is that he does not know how to adapt to injuries, if everyone is healthy he’s pretty good with lineup construction, but if a top a top 6 player goes down with an injury he moves a bottom 6 grinder to the top 6. If Trotz played Oliver Wahlstrom with Barzal instead of Komarov the isles likely beat the lightning and win the cup.

Also Barzal rarely dumps the puck in - he has the freedom to enter the ozone with possession.
15 sept. 2021 à 15 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Db1899
Lee plays with Barzal because he’s a 1st line caliber player who can score goals at a high rate. Barzal’s RW last season was Eberle, who was a very good skater and was able to drive play at an elite level. Before Lee’s injury they were a top 5 line in the NHL. Barzal doesn’t need players who are fast, he needs players who can think fast and finish. The one problem with Trotz is that he does not know how to adapt to injuries, if everyone is healthy he’s pretty good with lineup construction, but if a top a top 6 player goes down with an injury he moves a bottom 6 grinder to the top 6. If Trotz played Oliver Wahlstrom with Barzal instead of Komarov the isles likely beat the lightning and win the cup.

Also Barzal rarely dumps the puck in - he has the freedom to enter the ozone with possession.

That's what I was getting at. I just couldn't remember Komarov's name. Seemed like he and Barzal played together so much this season that it was the actual line.
15 sept. 2021 à 16 h 7
That's what I was getting at. I just couldn't remember Komarov's name. Seemed like he and Barzal played together so much this season that it was the actual line.

Yeah because Lee suffered a season ending injury. Lee was on pace for 36 goals and his offensive analytics were elite. Replacing him with Komarov cost them but the media won’t criticize Trotz because he’s seen like a god-like figure. Trotz had better options but he’s stubborn to a fault.
17 sept. 2021 à 20 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Db1899
Yeah because Lee suffered a season ending injury. Lee was on pace for 36 goals and his offensive analytics were elite. Replacing him with Komarov cost them but the media won’t criticize Trotz because he’s seen like a god-like figure. Trotz had better options but he’s stubborn to a fault.

I'm a big fan of Trotz since his days in Washington. But you're right. The primary system he set up is elite and can make any average team good, as we've seen. But he can't adapt his system to injuries.
17 sept. 2021 à 20 h 44
I'm a big fan of Trotz since his days in Washington. But you're right. The primary system he set up is elite and can make any average team good, as we've seen. But he can't adapt his system to injuries.

He’s a very good coach but he’s also riding the aging curve of the isles young stars (Barzal, Beauvillier, Pelech, Pulock). Barzal was already a star when Trotz arrived but Beauvillier has emerged as a high end two way top 6 winger and Pelech/Pulock are arguably the best D pairing in the league. Trotz system is good but he gets too much credit IMO.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage