Forums/Armchair-GM

Expansion draft deep dive Colorado Avalanche

Créé par: AndrewLadd
Équipe: 2021-22 Avalanche du Colorado
Date de création initiale: 1 juill. 2021
Publié: 1 juill. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
New series I’m doing is going through all 30 teams in the expansion draft and breaking down what I think is going to happen for each team. I will probably be @ing some fans of the team I am doing for feedback, and if ur not @ed don’t feel bad because I’m only doing it odd the top of my head. I encourage feedback from everyone on this site though for these, not just the fans of certain teams. I’m going to put my 3 most likely scenarios in a trade in the ACGM, in no particular order. Let’s get started:

Colorado is a team that is straight up screwed if Erik Johnson doesn’t waive his NMC.

Forward wise they’ll protect Nate Mack and Ratanen, and I see them signing Landeskog before the XD. They’d probably protect Kadri, Val and Burakovsky. The final protection slot probably comes down to Donskoi and Jost. Since Jost is the cheaper option, I’ll predict Jost is protected.

Like I was saying before, it’s going to SUCK for the Avs if EJ doesn’t waive. If he does, it’s simple, protect Toews, Girard and Makar. If he doesn’t waive, the options are expose one of Girard or Toews OR go 4-4-1, meaning the Avs likely wouldn’t sign Landeskog yet and protect the 4 dmen and MacK, Rantanen, Kadri and Burakovsky, leaving some quality forwards unprotected.

Goalie wise, they probably protect Grubaeur even if he isn’t signed by XD.

My three most likely selections are Graves, Donskoi and Compher.
Transactions
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
881 500 000 $47 185 630 $1 741 463 $2 500 000 $34 314 370 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
6 300 000 $6 300 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 4
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 6
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
DG/DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
1 juill. 2021 à 12 h 59
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 841
If they go 4-4-1 it will be Jost protected over Kadri IMO
1 juill. 2021 à 13 h 2
Barzals skateblade
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 61
Great job breaking this down! I think they go 4-4-1 and leave Kadri unprotected as I see them trading him before the XD.
1 juill. 2021 à 13 h 29
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 47
EJ has already agreed to wave his NMC.
J_R a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2021 à 13 h 39
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 12,187
Jost will be protected over Compher.

Jost stole his 3C job midway through the season, and once he did he was producing at 0.45ppg. Jost with a cheaper cap hit will be a lock at 7-3-1. Leaving avs to lose 3m+ in Compher Graves or Donskoi

I dont know if the last line was a typo listing Jost in the likely 3 candiadates bc you mention protecting Jost in the top part bc he would be cheaper
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2021 à 13 h 43
Quoting: Theo_nollaf
Great job breaking this down! I think they go 4-4-1 and leave Kadri unprotected as I see them trading him before the XD.

disagree. What the playoffs shown was that Kadri at 2C is still vital to their teams structure. Jost forced to play above his weight at 2C really exposed that middle 6. Even in a 4-4-1 scenario Kadri is needed more than wingers like Bura. I dont think they are ready to just give the 2C role over to newhook yet, thats too big of a gamble
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2021 à 13 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Quoting: coga16
Jost will be protected over Compher.

Jost stole his 3C job midway through the season, and once he did he was producing at 0.45ppg. Jost with a cheaper cap hit will be a lock at 7-3-1. Leaving avs to lose 3m+ in Compher Graves or Donskoi

I dont know if the last line was a typo listing Jost in the likely 3 candiadates bc you mention protecting Jost in the top part bc he would be cheaper

Meant to put Compher
1 juill. 2021 à 13 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: StephenP
EJ has already agreed to wave his NMC.

Source? Haven’t seen that
1 juill. 2021 à 13 h 51
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Meant to put Compher

figured so, and your break down is pretty on the nose. the right approach for them going into XD especially if its 7-3-1.
If they are forced 4-4-1....then its going to be the wild Wild West
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2021 à 13 h 52
Source? Haven’t seen that

nothing official but Adrian Dater tweeted out the other day that he has heard its expected that EJ will waive, but wont say anything is official bc Avs dont do post season media scrums so no reporting could follow up with Sakic on that
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2021 à 13 h 53
Barzals skateblade
disagree. What the playoffs shown was that Kadri at 2C is still vital to their teams structure. Jost forced to play above his weight at 2C really exposed that middle 6. Even in a 4-4-1 scenario Kadri is needed more than wingers like Bura. I dont think they are ready to just give the 2C role over to newhook yet, thats too big of a gamble

Well yes but the only reason that happened was because Kadri got a suspension in the playoffs (something he does a lot). Also, the Avs have a tight cap and trading him would free up some cap and bring back some assets which they can use to get a cheaper 2c if Newhook doesn’t work out.
1 juill. 2021 à 13 h 54
Well yes but the only reason that happened was because Kadri got a suspension in the playoffs (something he does a lot). Also, the Avs have a tight cap and trading him would free up some cap and bring back some assets which they can use to get a cheaper 2c if Newhook doesn’t work out.

suspension aside, they still need him. They just do not have a viable 2C at the moment. Just dont see the logic behind exposing to trading kadri, which everyone is saying his value is so low that no one will trade value for him

If his value is that low, then just protect and keep him bc in the line up he drives that 2nd line. You just suck it up as an Org with the suspension
1 juill. 2021 à 13 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Bo Horvat enjoyer
nothing official but Adrian Dater tweeted out the other day that he has heard its expected that EJ will waive, but wont say anything is official bc Avs dont do post season media scrums so no reporting could follow up with Sakic on that

If that’s the case what a lucky break for the avs
1 juill. 2021 à 13 h 56
If that’s the case what a lucky break for the avs

its been said that he was goign to waive or open to waiving at the beginning of the season but bc he was injured all season and Avs dont make injured players available to the media, no one could ask him.

Avs fans were pretty confident he was waiving and the signs were already there that he would waive. The Teams media rules are so frustrating for fans, they just dont get the team availability coverage that other fans get
1 juill. 2021 à 13 h 59
Barzals skateblade
suspension aside, they still need him. They just do not have a viable 2C at the moment. Just dont see the logic behind exposing to trading kadri, which everyone is saying his value is so low that no one will trade value for him

If his value is that low, then just protect and keep him bc in the line up he drives that 2nd line. You just suck it up as an Org with the suspension

Why not get assets for Kadri now and use the regular season to train Newhook instead of Kadri getting suspended in the playoffs and not having a viable option again.
1 juill. 2021 à 14 h 2
Why not get assets for Kadri now and use the regular season to train Newhook instead of Kadri getting suspended in the playoffs and not having a viable option again.

Bc avs are not going to villainize Kadri and ship him out when hes still an important piece to the team. Parros admitted during his arbitrator briefing that he punished him bc of the injury more than the play. If he wasn't injured he was one going to get 1-2 games.

Kadri has been good for the avs for 99% of his time with them. Majority of Avs fans are comfortable with him, it seems like its other fan bases who want the Avs to get rid of him more than the Avs do
1 juill. 2021 à 15 h 26
Barzals skateblade
Bc avs are not going to villainize Kadri and ship him out when hes still an important piece to the team. Parros admitted during his arbitrator briefing that he punished him bc of the injury more than the play. If he wasn't injured he was one going to get 1-2 games.

Kadri has been good for the avs for 99% of his time with them. Majority of Avs fans are comfortable with him, it seems like its other fan bases who want the Avs to get rid of him more than the Avs do

Other teams want the Avs to trade Kadri because he’s already been suspended on the leafs twice and when you consider he’s been suspended 3 times in the playoffs then you realize why he’s so unreliable.
1 juill. 2021 à 15 h 37
Other teams want the Avs to trade Kadri because he’s already been suspended on the leafs twice and when you consider he’s been suspended 3 times in the playoffs then you realize why he’s so unreliable.

unless they are getting a 2c in a kadri trade back, they just cant justify moving him. They cant sign a 2c replacement cheaper than his cap his currently. They just have to dance with the devil for now

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage