Forums/Armchair-GM

Trying another different team

Créé par: sporkknife
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 27 juin 2021
Publié: 27 juin 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I'm a Canucks fan who is trying ACGM's for other teams. It's fun, you should try to gain perspective on other teams needs. I've done Avs so far. I follow Toronto pretty closely since the media doesn't shut up about them so I thought I'd try them next.

I don't want to hear any "Canucks pass" on this. I don't care what you think. Benning takes that trade. Should he? Probably not. Canucks can protect Engvall and Kerfoot, Motte is basically expansion fodder.

Despite the meltdown the Leafs experienced, they lost a series in 7 that they easily could have won to a team that is now in the Stanley Cup final AND they almost won without probably the most talented 2C in the entire league. If you want to say Drasaitl is better since he should be the 2C then sure. Maybe Cirelli is too. Not the point.

What I'm trying to say is after all the post mortems, Montreal is a damn good team, and the Leafs are too. Hear me out - I don't think they need to do anything too drastic. As an outsider I'm still looking at the Leafs roster as one of the better ones in the league, if top-heavy.

From what I've heard, Dubas loves his guys and he will not trade them. If the Leafs don't make a better run next year, you would think Dubas would be fired and THEN I would look out for some kind of major change. I'm not saying it's impossible the core guys get moved, I just think it's unlikely THIS offseason. I actually think if you wanted to move anyone you should move Tavares, given that he is 30 and not getting any younger.

Protected:
4F: JT, AM, MM, AN
4D: Reilly, Holl, Muzzin, TJ
1G: Campbell

First thing I realize doing this is Hyman has the Leafs in a tough spot. There's no way you can pay this guy $5.5 million. That being said, there's almost no way you can let him walk due to the chemistry he has with Matthews and Marner. I'm almost thinking you let him test the waters, because I can't see another team offer over $5 million for a 2nd/3rd line 29 year old in the flat cap, not even Benning. If we let him walk, we need to find some LW help. I don't think Amirov nor Robertson are ready. You can sub them in later in the season.

Options at LW on the free agent market that are attractive:
- Coleman (a low end first liner playing on Tampa's 3rd line)
- McGinn (Good two way piece on a very deep Carolina squad)
- Schwartz (Add some speed, size, and physicality and coming off a down year)
- Tatar (Coming off a serious down year, I can't tell if Tatar is injured going forward. When I see him play live, his speed and playmaking jump out)
- Goodrow (I can't believe Tampa has this guy at $900000. May actually be one of the best contracts in the league)
I don't think Ovi or Gabe are remotely possible. They stay where they are, IMO.

I propose that the Leafs let Hyman explore free agency and throw out a few offers for the guys listed above at around $4 million or under. Let's say, hypothetically, Hyman explores free agency and doesn't get an offer above $4 million. We double back and add him for $4 million. If you don't think that's possible, put one of the guys I have above in instead. Then let's say, randomly, Blake Coleman signs a 4x4.

I think the defense was fine for Toronto so I bring it back as was. You can change it next offseason if you want. I think it has a really nice balance though, honestly.

Now the problem is we have to add a bit of depth for a tiny amount of money. I'll resort to some of my go to guys for that. Nosek isn't a great 3C but we don't really have much choice. I think he has upside.

Random Notes:
- No way Foligno doesn't go back to Columbus
- Galchenyuk isn't it I don't think
- If Campbell is starting the backup needs to be pretty decent just in case. Broissoit was good last year.

The issue ends up being how tight up against the cap you get. Tough to move guys around the lineup unfortunately. I think the team I put together there has slightly more balance and more defined roles for guys than the one that took the ice last year if a little less depth.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
11 000 000 $
11 000 000 $
44 000 000 $
44 000 000 $
21 500 000 $
21 500 000 $
22 000 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Motte, Tyler
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (VAN)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $82 719 783 $0 $0 $-1 219 783 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 3
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 4
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 6
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 3
1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA
725 000 $725 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
1 225 000 $1 225 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
27 juin 2021 à 21 h 28
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,534
Expansion draft will make this trade difficult. You’re projected to lose kerfoot to SEA and I’m guessing VAN has better players to protect also. Maybe Motte and Kerfoot are still selected by SEA which makes their movement pointless. Is Engvall worth the 3rd and does Van need him. I’m thinking not, or at least at that price.
27 juin 2021 à 21 h 37
TopDawgReese
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 253
Good attempt a couple of things however if you do try another AGM for Toronto.

Dermott has been overtaken by Sandin on the depth charts. A move for Dermott is kinda inevitable especially when he needs a new contract and Sandin QB pp1.

With Hyman he's virtually as much as I hate to say it gone. I think 4 million is too much especially when Edmonton is prepared to offer between 5.5-6.5 million (thanks Josh Anderson).

Love the Coleman and Broissot addition.
sporkknife a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2021 à 21 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 210
Quoting: MauriceArthur15
Good attempt a couple of things however if you do try another AGM for Toronto.

Dermott has been overtaken by Sandin on the depth charts. A move for Dermott is kinda inevitable especially when he needs a new contract and Sandin QB pp1.

With Hyman he's virtually as much as I hate to say it gone. I think 4 million is too much especially when Edmonton is prepared to offer between 5.5-6.5 million (thanks Josh Anderson).

Love the Coleman and Broissot addition.

Thanks for the heads up!

Well, at least you can take solace in Edmonton messing up their cap situation I guess.
27 juin 2021 à 22 h 1
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 52
Like it or not Canucks do pass. I watch both teams and motte is better then Engvall. Which means Engvall is expansion fodder on both teams. So it's a 3rd for Kerfoot which isn't bad but for his salary which is much for the Canucks for their 3rd line C. I'm sure they will try to get one for less on the UFA market.
27 juin 2021 à 22 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: NYR1983
Expansion draft will make this trade difficult. You’re projected to lose kerfoot to SEA and I’m guessing VAN has better players to protect also. Maybe Motte and Kerfoot are still selected by SEA which makes their movement pointless. Is Engvall worth the 3rd and does Van need him. I’m thinking not, or at least at that price.

I can tell you didn't read even the first sentence of the description. I'm a Canucks fan, not a Toronto fan Sticking Out Tongue.

This is worth explaining though. VAN protects 7F 3D and Demo (F: Miller, Petey, Boeser, Horvat, Pearson, body 1, body 2 || D: Cares, Who). In this trade, Kerfoot is body 1 and Engvall is body 2. Motte would probably have been protected as the 6th guy by VAN. He is given to Toronto so they have someone to give Seattle.

Due to the unique nature of the situation, Toronto is essentially trading Engvall for a 3rd, and VAN is essentially trading a 3rd for Kerfoot and Engvall. It's actually sort of like extracting value out of nothing for both sides by exploiting VAN's lack of forward depth.
NYR1983 a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2021 à 22 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: pasha123
Like it or not Canucks do pass. I watch both teams and motte is better then Engvall. Which means Engvall is expansion fodder on both teams. So it's a 3rd for Kerfoot which isn't bad but for his salary which is much for the Canucks for their 3rd line C. I'm sure they will try to get one for less on the UFA market.

I also watch both teams. Canucks have plenty of Motte-like guys on the wing and need center depth. Motte is also quite injury prone. He is a great penalty killer. Overall I think he is only maybe a hair above Engvall. The Kerfoot for a 3rd thing, we can have that debate all day. See my other response in the thread.

"3rd line C... for less on the UFA market."

With Benning's track record, I just don't see it. Maybe Sutter for $2 million *throws up in mouth*
27 juin 2021 à 22 h 23
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,386
VAN would rather keep Motte, he is one of the bright spots in VAN bottom 6 forward group. Also VAN is looking for a matchup 3C that can play hard minutes.
27 juin 2021 à 22 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: PeterForsberg21
VAN would rather keep Motte, he is one of the bright spots in VAN bottom 6 forward group. Also VAN is looking for a matchup 3C that can play hard minutes.

Don't know where you heard about wanting a matchup 3C? Benning said he wants veteran speed.

With Motte, sure you can change that. I don't like him that much due to injury proneness. He is talented.
27 juin 2021 à 22 h 27
Quoting: sporkknife
I also watch both teams. Canucks have plenty of Motte-like guys on the wing and need center depth. Motte is also quite injury prone. He is a great penalty killer. Overall I think he is only maybe a hair above Engvall. The Kerfoot for a 3rd thing, we can have that debate all day. See my other response in the thread.

With Benning's track record, I just don't see it. Maybe Sutter for $2 million *throws up in mouth*

Since the Canucks have that Motte type on wing why then trade him for a lesser wing player in Engvall, he'd be exposed and the Canucks protect Lind over him anyways.
Engvall doesn't really bring much different for the Canucks.
Kerfoot, Engvall and Dermott most likely will be exposed with Seattle probably taking Dermott as he'd be a cheaper contract than Kerfoot and better get than Engvall. So it's Toronto trading Kerfoot for a 3rd and an upgrade on the wing in getting Motte. Good deal for them.
I do expect Jim to re-sign Sutter for the 4th C hopefully no more than 1.75. As for 3rd C well I don't know what he'd do, personally I'd rather have Goodrow, Nosek or Haula as 3 C over Kerfoot
27 juin 2021 à 22 h 28

Since the Canucks have that Motte type on wing why then trade him for a lesser wing player in Engvall, he'd be exposed and the Canucks protect Lind over him anyways.
Engvall doesn't really being much different for the Canucks.
Kerfoot, Engvall and Dermott most likely will be exposed with Seattle probably taking Dermott as he'd be a cheaper contract than Kerfoot and better get than Engvall. So it's Toronto trading Kerfoot for a 3rd and an upgrade on the wing in getting Motte. Good deal for them.
I do expect Jim to re-sign Sutter for the 4th C hopefully no more than 1.75. As for 3rd C well I don't know what he'd do, personally I'd rather have Goodrow, Nosek or Haula as 3 C over Kerfoot
sporkknife a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2021 à 22 h 29
Trad Breliving
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,989
Personally I see:

Kerfoot -> Seattle (pretty obvious)
I think Engvall should be shipped off for the best possible return to whoever wants him.
I believe Dermott gets traded to a team who will give him a better opportunity to play.

I would love Coleman but he probably doesn’t want to play in Canada.
I think Goodrow and Bunting could have interest in coming here, for the right price. I think 2.5 for Goodrow and 1.5 for Bunting.

I’d like Haula over Nosek as well.

And I think Hyman’s time is over.

In:
Bunting
Schwartz
Goodrow
Haula
Dreidger

Out:
Dermott
Engvall
Kerfoot
Other FAs

Schwartz 3.75m - Matthews 11.6m - Marner 10.9m
Robertson 796k - Tavares 11m - Nylander 6.9m
Goodrow 2m - Haula 2m - Mikheyev 1.6m
Bunting 1.5m - Brooks 725k - Spezza 750k
*Galchenyuk 950k

Rielly 5m - Brodie 5m
Muzzin 5.6m - Holl 2m
Sandin 894k - Bogosian 1.1m
*Liljegren 863k

Campbell 1.6m
Dreidger 3m

Total cap hit: $81,454,783

Galchenyuk steps in if Robertson doesn’t prove to be ready.
I assume holmberg and/or semyonov gets chances next year.
If bogo doesn’t resign, liljegren takes over and we sign an extra dman.
sporkknife a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2021 à 22 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: ZachHymanForTheHart
Personally I see:

Kerfoot -> Seattle (pretty obvious)
I think Engvall should be shipped off for the best possible return to whoever wants him.
I believe Dermott gets traded to a team who will give him a better opportunity to play.

I would love Coleman but he probably doesn’t want to play in Canada.
I think Goodrow and Bunting could have interest in coming here, for the right price. I think 2.5 for Goodrow and 1.5 for Bunting.

I’d like Haula over Nosek as well.

And I think Hyman’s time is over.

In:
Bunting
Schwartz
Goodrow
Haula
Dreidger

Out:
Dermott
Engvall
Kerfoot
Other FAs

Schwartz 3.75m - Matthews 11.6m - Marner 10.9m
Robertson 796k - Tavares 11m - Nylander 6.9m
Goodrow 2m - Haula 2m - Mikheyev 1.6m
Bunting 1.5m - Brooks 725k - Spezza 750k
*Galchenyuk 950k

Rielly 5m - Brodie 5m
Muzzin 5.6m - Holl 2m
Sandin 894k - Bogosian 1.1m
*Liljegren 863k

Campbell 1.6m
Dreidger 3m

Total cap hit: $81,454,783

Galchenyuk steps in if Robertson doesn’t prove to be ready.
I assume holmberg and/or semyonov gets chances next year.
If bogo doesn’t resign, liljegren takes over and we sign an extra dman.

You could just link your ACGM instead of making one in the comments lol. Your ideas are all great. We'll see if Haula isn't overpaid a bit though.
ZachHymanForTheHart a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2021 à 22 h 36
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,534
I can tell you didn't read even the first sentence of the description. I'm a Canucks fan, not a Toronto fan Sticking Out Tongue.

This is worth explaining though. VAN protects 7F 3D and Demo (F: Miller, Petey, Boeser, Horvat, Pearson, body 1, body 2 || D: Cares, Who). In this trade, Kerfoot is body 1 and Engvall is body 2. Motte would probably have been protected as the 6th guy by VAN. He is given to Toronto so they have someone to give Seattle.

Due to the unique nature of the situation, Toronto is essentially trading Engvall for a 3rd, and VAN is essentially trading a 3rd for Kerfoot and Engvall. It's actually sort of like extracting value out of nothing for both sides by exploiting VAN's lack of forward depth.

Ya, I like this coles notes version. Haha makes sense
sporkknife a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2021 à 22 h 38
Trad Breliving
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,989
You could just link your ACGM instead of making one in the comments lol. Your ideas are all great. We'll see if Haula isn't overpaid a bit though.

I have one sitting in my already made ACGM thingy lmao. I just haven’t wrote a description yet.

I do believe Haula could get more than I gave him, in which case we talk to Foligno about giving it one more chance, because this year obviously didn’t go as planned. Or find a different cheap two-way responsible 3C.
sporkknife a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2021 à 22 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Engvall doesn't really bring much different for the Canucks.

I'm not going to die on the Motte Engvall idea, it was just a thought.

Why would both Kerfoot and Dermott be exposed? What's your protection scheme?

I agree with you about the 3C options. I'd love Goodrow at $2-$3 mil for example. I think Nosek is undervalued in Vegas and they seem to want to use their tiny cap space on Martinez.
27 juin 2021 à 22 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: ZachHymanForTheHart
I have one sitting in my already made ACGM thingy lmao. I just haven’t wrote a description yet.

I do believe Haula could get more than I gave him, in which case we talk to Foligno about giving it one more chance, because this year obviously didn’t go as planned. Or find a different cheap two-way responsible 3C.

Looking forward to reading it haha.

I really think Foligno is going to go back to Columbus, he has his kids there I'm assuming they're in school there and settled and everything. He'd be great obviously if you somehow get him to stay. 3C is a tough commodity. There are several actual paid GM's having a hard time finding one.
ZachHymanForTheHart a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2021 à 22 h 57
I'm not going to die on the Motte Engvall idea, it was just a thought.

Why would both Kerfoot and Dermott be exposed? What's your protection scheme?
I agree with you about the 3C options. I'd love Goodrow at $2-$3 mil for example. I think Nosek is undervalued in Vegas and they seem to want to use their tiny cap space on Martinez.

think leafs go 4f,4d. Try to entice them to take Kerfoot to free up cap. Dermott isn't getting protected over their current 4 of Rielly, Muzzin, Holl, brodie.
sporkknife a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2021 à 23 h 12
Don't know where you heard about wanting a matchup 3C? Benning said he wants veteran speed.

With Motte, sure you can change that. I don't like him that much due to injury proneness. He is talented.

The team would like to take some of the defensive burden off of Horvat, is Kerfoot able to do that?
27 juin 2021 à 23 h 23
Démarrer sujet
think leafs go 4f,4d. Try to entice them to take Kerfoot to free up cap. Dermott isn't getting protected over their current 4 of Rielly, Muzzin, Holl, brodie.

I protected all the same as you but for some reason added Dermott to my imaginary protected list while commenting. Time for me to log off for the day.
pasha123 a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2021 à 23 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: PeterForsberg21
The team would like to take some of the defensive burden off of Horvat, is Kerfoot able to do that?

I agree that in principle the Canucks could use a matchup guy. In a world where we don't have $18 million in dead cap Danault would be a perfect fit.

I disagree, however, with the premise that the team is ACTUALLY looking for a defensive matchup C. Maybe they are, I just haven't heard that anywhere, and I follow the team quite closely. If you have heard that, I'm all ears. All I've heard is they are looking to add veteran speed. For all we know they will try Miller at 3C.
28 juin 2021 à 0 h 31
I agree that in principle the Canucks could use a matchup guy. In a world where we don't have $18 million in dead cap Danault would be a perfect fit.

I disagree, however, with the premise that the team is ACTUALLY looking for a defensive matchup C. Maybe they are, I just haven't heard that anywhere, and I follow the team quite closely. If you have heard that, I'm all ears. All I've heard is they are looking to add veteran speed. For all we know they will try Miller at 3C.

I also follow the team quite closely, and I agree with most of your points but I just don't see them getting 3C making 3.5 mill especially with there cap situation. Travis Green also prefers having a shutdown line. I don't know if they want to keep giving Horvat all the hard matchups and defensive zone starts or would they want a guy who can take some of the burden off of him. Kerfoot just doesn't strike me as a guy who can play that role.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage