Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Matthews is good at defense

29 mars 2021 à 22 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Love Freddy Andersen
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 13
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
Both were so far out of the play the hope is you get a stop and then turn it around fast and get a break the other way. 3 on 3 doesn't have defence. This is just ridiculous

Thank you, exactly what im saying man
29 mars 2021 à 22 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Love Freddy Andersen
Its ridiculous he doesn't get more credit for his defence. Stone is a top defensive player because he gets a tonne of turnovers and Matthews has had more for 2 seasons now and gets no credit. It's ridiculous

his defensive game is there but TRY for our sakes
29 mars 2021 à 22 h 47
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
Quoting: Leafs4ever
his defensive game is there but TRY for our sakes

He does try, always. It would have been no surprise if they scored on that 2 on one. Giving it there all to get back and still be far behind the play would have resulted in the same scoring chance but it would have used more energy and made it easier to defend if they got a stop there. It was a smart play. They weren't getting back in time regardless of how hard they booked it back. Why not hope for a stop and then get a break the other way?
Leafs4ever a aimé ceci.
29 mars 2021 à 22 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Love Freddy Andersen
He does try, always. It would have been no surprise if they scored on that 2 on one. Giving it there all to get back and still be far behind the play would have resulted in the same scoring chance but it would have used more energy and made it easier to defend if they got a stop there. It was a smart play. They weren't getting back in time regardless of how hard they booked it back. Why not hope for a stop and then get a break the other way?

i get that but 1 guy gotta skate his all 1 guy stay back
for the goalie hope.....hutch is in net no hopes there
29 mars 2021 à 22 h 51
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855

They weren't going to catch McDavid and Nurse though. It was going to he a 2 on 1 the other way. Zero chance to get back, why waste energy bag skating to make no difference when you can conserve your energy if Rielly gets a stop there? This is ridiculous
29 mars 2021 à 22 h 51
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 122
They weren't going to catch McDavid and Nurse though. It was going to he a 2 on 1 the other way. Zero chance to get back, why waste energy bag skating to make no difference when you can conserve your energy if Rielly gets a stop there? This is ridiculous

Is this ridiculous?
29 mars 2021 à 22 h 53
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 122
Modifié 29 mars 2021 à 23 h 55

Quite honestly, I thought Hutch provided another Andersen-like game. He's done pretty well for us, considering he's signed to play in the AHL.
29 mars 2021 à 22 h 59
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,209
old but there (Febuary 18th)
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/auston-matthews-early-contender-selke-hart-rocket/

Oh, I've seen that article. I was refering to the link of Matthews not backchecking well (I wasn't able to watch the end of the game, I had something happening).
Leafs4ever a aimé ceci.
30 mars 2021 à 8 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Love Freddy Andersen
Quoting: Saskleaf
Oh, I've seen that article. I was refering to the link of Matthews not backchecking well (I wasn't able to watch the end of the game, I had something happening).[/quo

Oh sorry theres also a video on that not sure where tho just watch highlights
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
30 mars 2021 à 9 h 40
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,209

It didn't look that bad to me. A little lackluster, yes, but I'm not going base base whther some is good at defense off one play.
Leafs4ever a aimé ceci.
31 mars 2021 à 21 h 12
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,634
Remember when Holl scored in OT? Who was the player that was in good defensive position to pickup the turnover? It was Matthews.

Now.. Selke winner? Hold on. He's gotten better each season but he has to get alot better to be considered for such things.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage