SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

March Draft Rankings

March Draft Rankings

Cuvée de repêchage: 2021
Créé par: Z0ra
Publié: 25 mars 2021 à 14 h 53
Description
Let me know your opinions in the comments!
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Beniers is probably the best two-way forward in the draft. Often compared to Dylan Larkin, Beniers can score goals and make great defensive plays. His draft rankings took a big rise when he excelled in a top-six role playing alongside top prospects Matthew Boldy and Cole Caufield. So far, Beniers has 24 points (10G, 14A) in 24 games in the NCAA.
2Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Choix au repêchage retiréGuenther is probably the best goal-scorer in the draft. Currently averaging over 2 points per game and leading the WHL in scoring, Guenther has a very hard shot and great skating ability. He can score in a variety of ways, whether it is up close or near the blue line. Right now he has 15 points (8G, 7A) in 6 WHL games. There are a lot of top-end snipers in this draft, and Guenther has the highest upside out of those players.
3Logo de Kraken de Seattle-The third Hughes brother has proven himself as the best defenseman in the draft in terms of production. He currently has 34 games (6G, 24A) in 38 games. He and Brandt Clarke are tied for the best offensive defenseman in the draft. I have Hughes higher than Clarke because of the size and production (6'2'' compared to Clarke's 6'1''). Hughes provides a good amount of offense on the ice and has great skating ability.
4Logo de Bruins de Boston-Clarke is currently the best right-shot defenseman in the draft. Like Hughes, Clarke has a great offensive game. Clarke doesn't have the type of skating ability that Hughes has as he doesn't really skate in the dirty areas as much as Hughes does. But Clarke is very good at creating scoring opportunities. In 26 games in Slovakia, Clarke put up 15 points (5G, 10A).
5Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Eklund is a player on the rise in terms of draft rankings. About two months ago, he had potential to go mid-first round. Now he has potential to go first overall, but more than likely at this point he'll go in the top 5. He is currently excelling against men in the SHL while playing on a line with top Devils prospect Alexander Holtz. Eklund has 21 points (11G, 10A) in 38 SHL games. Eklund probably has the best vision out of anyone in the draft and although his size at 5'10'' isn't great, he is still able to skate in the dirty areas unlike other undersized players. His shot and playmaking ability isn't bad either.
6Logo de Flames de Calgary-Like Eklund, Lysell is another player on the rise and now has a chance to go first overall. Between Eklund and Lysell, both are tied as the second-best forward in the draft behind Beniers. I have Lysell lower than Eklund because he doesn't have as much vision and as good skating ability as Eklund does. However, Lysell does have a harder shot than Eklund. Often compared to Artemi Panarin, Lysell has a good release on his shot and is also very creative with the puck. He can also make great passing plays and thread the needle. His production isn't appealing though as he has only 3 points in 26 games. However, that's because he's playing in a bottom-six role for Lulea of the SHL.
7Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Before the month of February, Power was the front-runner for first overall. With his bad production, that isn't the case anymore. He currently has 16 points (3G, 13A) in 26 NCAA games. However, he still has potential to be a top-2 pairing defenseman in the NHL. He is able to play in high-pressure situations and also has a great two-way game.
8Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Johnson is probably the most creative player in the draft. Playing in the NCAA, Johnson has put up 27 points (9G, 18A) in 26 games. Very crafty with the puck and can score goals up close to the net. I would compare Johnson to Mitch Marner.
9Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Edvinsson has been one of the biggest fallers in the draft as he only has 1 point in 10 SHL games. However, he does have potential to be a reliable top-4 defenseman in the NHL. I would classify Edvinsson has the second-best two-way defenseman in the draft behind Power. His two-way ability is fantastic, however, he needs to work on his skating. It may take 2-3 years to make the NHL, but he will be worth the wait. He also continues to develop in size as in the beginning of March he was 6'4''. Now he is 6'5'' and over 200 pounds.
10Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Wallstedt is currently the best goalie prospect of the decade. Wherever he goes, he will alter the franchise. His potential is better than Askarov even. Playing as a teammate to Lysell, he is currently 12-10-0 with a .908 SV% and a 2.23 GAA, along with two shutouts in 22 SHL games. He also excelled in a backup role playing one game. Even though he lost the game, Wallstedt still had a .923 SV% with a 2.40 GAA. To sum it up, Wallstedt has the potential to be a franchise goalie.
11Logo de Stars de Dallas-Sillinger has been over the place in terms of rankings. The range is from 5 to 20. Currently on loan to the USHL, Sillinger has 38 points (20G, 18A) in 34 games. Sillinger is mostly known to be a goal-scoring forward. His playmaking ability isn't bad either as he is able to create scoring opportunites. In terms of position, he is very versatile. Sillinger mostly plays center, but he can also play as a left winger.
12Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Raty used to be the consensus first overall pick before the 2020 Draft. Between there and the World Juniors, his point production has been terrible, forcing him to be the biggest faller in terms of draft rankings. However, in the month of March, he has gotten better and has a chance to regain his high ceiling. But at 12, he is the best player available. He currently has 6 points in 30 games at the Liiga. However, he is playing as a fourth line center, so that should be taken into consideration. Raty has great playmaking ability, his stickhandling skills are amazing.
13Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Svozil has been one of the biggest risers in the month of March. Before then, he was projected to go in the second round. Now he could go between 10-30, his draft rankings are wide open. Svozil is currently playing in the mens hockey league in Czech Republic and has put up 3 points in 30 games. He is one of the best puck moving defenseman in the draft and also has great vision with the puck.
14Logo de Panthers de la Floride-Lambos is classified as the best defensive defenseman in the draft. He excels most at the defensive aspects of the game. His shot isn't bad as he could score from the blue line. Because of recent production, his draft rankings have fallen. In terms of upside, I would say Lambos and Svozil are tied with the same amount.
15Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Lucius projects to be a reliable middle-six sniper. He has one of the hardest shots in the draft. However, his draft rankings slipped as he went through multiple injuries. Before his injuries, he was a consensus top five in the draft. His skating ability isn't bad either and he also plays bigger than his size at 6'0''. He is able to skate in the dirty areas of the ice. In 8 games in the USHL, Lucius has 10 goals.
16Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Bolduc has one of the best, if not the best hockey IQ in the draft. He is smart with the puck and is great during offensive rushes as he is able to finish plays there. Like Sillinger, he is very versatile in terms of position. Bolduc mostly plays as a center, but can also play as a winger. Last year he played as a teammate to first overall pick Alexis Lafreniere. This season he is an assistant captain for Rismouski and has put up 29 points (10G, 19A) in 27 games.
17Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-I would say McTavish and Lucius are similar players. McTavish also has a very hard shot. His skating ability is good, but he isn't as smooth as Lucius is. Also McTavish isn't able to score in different ways as often as most of his 29 goals last season were up close to the net. However, he is bigger than Lucius (6'1'' compared to 6'0''). His balance with the puck is amazing as he plays a great 200-foot game up close to the net. Last season in the OHL, MacTavish put up 42 points (29G, 13A) in 57 games.
18Logo de Predators de Nashville-Pastujov is wide open in terms of draft rankings. He could go anywhere between 10-30. His shot is incredible as well as he isn't afraid to be creative with the puck. Like Lucius, Pastujov is projected as a reliable middle-six forward. Pastujov is one of the best point producers in the USDP putting up 50 points (21G, 29A) in 30 games.
19Logo de Devils du New Jersey-
Matthew Coronato
Coronato is another big riser. Before the month of March, he was projected to go in the second round. Currently dominating in the USHL, Coronato has 72 points (39G, 33A) in 41 games. He is an offensive minded winger. Very hard shot and a contributor on special teams. Any team would want him to be on their special teams.
20Logo de Islanders de New York-I would say Pinelli and Coronato are similar players during special teams. But on 5 on 5, they are completely different from each other. Coronato is more of a sniper whereas Pinelli is a two-way forward. Also Pinelli is a natural center whereas Coronato is a natural winger. Playing on loan for Alps, Pinelli has 11 points (5G, 6A) in 13 games played. He has a great two-way game as well as elite skating ability. He is able to skate perfectly in the dirty areas of the ice and projects to be a reliable middle-six center in the NHL.
21Logo de Rangers de New York-L'Heureux is considered as the best power forward in the draft. Any team who is lacking a physical presence would love to have him. His scoring ability isn't bad either as he is able to score a lot of goals. Right now L'Heureux has 29 points (14A, 15A) in 27 games played. He also is versatile in terms of position as he mostly plays as a center. However, he has played as a winger most of this season.
22Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-This is a high risk player as Chibrikov plays in Russia. Usually the Russians take a long time to develop into full-time NHL players. I would consider Chibrikov as the most versatile player in the draft in terms of position as he can play anywhere on the ice (both wings and the center position). In 11 MHL games, Chibrikov has 9 points (3G, 6A). He is a dynamic playmaker and is excellent at carrying the puck.
23Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Olausson is one the best work ethical player in the draft, next to Coronato and Pinelli. Currently playing in the U20 Swedish Hockey League, Olausson has 27 points (14G, 13A) in 16 games. His draft rankings are over the place. This is lower end of where he should go, the range is anywhere around 15-25.
24Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Penguins de PittsburghCeulemans is all over the place in terms of draft rankings. The highest he could go is 15 with the lowest being 25. He plays with a lot of poise, meaning that he excels in high-pressure situations, which is excellent for a defenseman. He is also putting up over a point per game in the AJHL. Ceulemans currently has 7 points (3G, 4A) in 5 games.
25Logo de Sharks de San Jose-I would say in terms of upside, Chayka and Ceulemans have the same amount, just like how Svozil and Lambos have the same amount. I have Ceulemans higher than Chayka just based off of point production. In the KHL, Chayka only has 2 points in 12 games. Like Ceulemans, Chayka plays with a lot of poise. But Chayka plays more of a two-way game whereas Ceulemans is more offensive. While Chayka's shot selection isn't great, he is a very smooth skater.
26Logo de Blues de St-Louis-At this point, the players available have draft rankings that are all over the place. Bourgault for example, could go between 10-40. In 26 QMJHL games, he has 34 points (20G, 14A). Bourgault has great offensive instincts and is also a very fast skater. Once he works on the defensive aspects of his game, Bourgault can be a very reliable bottom-six sniper in the NHL.
27Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-
Sebastian Cossa
Cossa is probably the biggest riser. He is a very underrated goalie. Some scouts say he could be drafted in the first round. Right now in the WHL he is 6-0-0 with a 1.17 GAA and a .956 SV% along with one shutout. Cossa is excellent in the butterfly position and is able to cover most of the net, leaving very little and small openings for shooters.
28Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-This would be the lowest I would see Rosen going. Any lower than this, he will be a steal. Rosen currently has potential to be a reliable bottom-six winger in the NHL. He is a true playmaker and also has a lot of skill. He also can get control of rebounds easily and can shoot the puck in the dirty areas. However, his point production isn't great as he only has 1 point in 21 SHL games.
29Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-
Scott Morrow
Morrow has risen big in terms of draft rankings. Its wide open on where he'll be taken, the highest he could go is 20 with the lowest being 40. Not as wide open as Bourgault, but still very wide open. Morrow is very offensive and so far put up 31 points (6G, 25A) while playing college hockey.
30Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Korczak is a very underrated player. This would be the highest I see him going. Right now he has 9 points (1G, 8A) in 6 WHL games after leading the Moose Jaw Warriors in points last year with 67 (18G, 49A). As the stats show, Korczak is clearly a playmaker. Has great vision and can make outstanding transitional plays.
31Logo de Capitals de Washington-Othmann is mostly known as a sniper. Has one of the hardest shots in the draft. Don't know much about him, but in the Swiss league, he has 16 points (7G, 9A) in 31 games.
32Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Even though Robertsson only has 2 points in 22 SHL games, he has a very hard shot and great two-way game. He is also a very fast skater.
25 mars 2021 à 14 h 59
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
This is probably one of the most detailed and best rankings I've seen yet.

Very agreeable rankings!

In appreciate your insight on the players.

I don't think Korczak goes that high. I know its a dumb stat, but last season he had a -41.

Great job though! Very informative!
Z0ra et BigBadBurke a aimé ceci.
25 mars 2021 à 22 h 58
John Leonard Viewer
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 444
These are super super similar to my rankings. The only changes for me is I have: Guenther lower (mainly cuz I need to watch more), Robertsson and Rosen higher, and Lambos lower. Wally is a weird one to rank, drafting goalies high makes me scared, but on the other hand he gives me Luongo vibes.

Overall I agree a lot, great analysis as well
Z0ra a aimé ceci.
26 mars 2021 à 4 h 45
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,670
Good job man
Z0ra a aimé ceci.
26 mars 2021 à 13 h 25
JenniClayton
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 43
Great job, this was a lot of fun. I’d push back a little on saying that Power’s production is bad. His draft year PPG (.62) is the same as Makar’s D+1. Both late birthdays
Z0ra a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage