Forums/Armchair-GM

Ovechkin new contract

Créé par: Capitalfail67
Équipe: 2021-22 Capitals de Washington
Date de création initiale: 12 mars 2021
Publié: 12 mars 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
i dont think Mcmichael is going to be NHL ready for another year. let him get use to the AHL speed and maybe give him some games mid next season and let him become a full timer the following season w Addison and Alexeyev
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 000 000 $
75 500 000 $
2800 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
410 500 000 $
55 250 000 $
Transactions
WSH
    Seattle
    ANA
    1. Oshie, T.J.
    Détails additionnels:
    25gp 18 points = 60 point pace. doubt there are many 60 point players available for the draft. Normally i think Washington would have to pay to get him selected but his play this year is pretty amazing. Seattle kid going to Seattle or they can have Jensen... seems like an obvious choice to me
    WSH
    1. Addison, Calen
    2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (MIN)
    Détails additionnels:
    Later of the 2 1st round picks.

Wild center depth is trash and Kuzy immediately become their best center by a mile. 2nd best player offensively.

before people attack his defensive game its way better this year

xGF% 49.06

xGF% 60.04.... CF% and FF% are also way up
    MIN
    1. Kuznetsov, Evgeny
    Détails additionnels:
    Capitals need to free up cap and add to future depth w a 1st and prospect
    VAN
    1. Siegenthaler, Jonas [Droits de RFA]
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de VGK
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2281 500 000 $72 932 928 $472 927 $265 000 $8 567 072 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Capitals de Washington
    10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 5
    9 200 000 $9 200 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    5 166 667 $5 166 667 $
    AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 3
    5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
    C
    UFA - 6
    725 000 $725 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    2 415 000 $2 415 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
    2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    800 000 $800 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 3
    8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    1 275 000 $1 275 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    716 667 $716 667 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    791 667 $791 667 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
    DG/DD
    RFA - 2
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Wild du Minnesota
    795 000 $795 000 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
    DD
    RFA - 2
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    Équipe de réserve
    725 000 $725 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
    C, AD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    12 mars 2021 à 17 h 34
    Démarrer sujet
    Caps fan idk why
    Rejoint: déc. 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,370
    Quoting: Caerii
    Great, that means nothing

kind of does considering you are making assumptions about his play/ effort when i doubt you have ever watched him play before lol his xGF% is at a 60.04 whats the best player on the wilds? id say his effort is pretty solid
    12 mars 2021 à 17 h 36
    Rejoint: août 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,391
    Quoting: Capitalfail67
    kind of does considering you are making assumptions about his play/ effort when i doubt you have ever watched him play before lol his xGF% is at a 60.04 whats the best player on the wilds? id say his effort is pretty solid

I'm not making any assumptions. That other Capitals fan explicitly told me that was his issue.

And off the top of my head? Eriksson Ek tops that number, so...
    12 mars 2021 à 17 h 38
    Démarrer sujet
    Caps fan idk why
    It's actually pretty funny, there seems to be a disconnect here.

For as good as you're painting Kuznetsov, for as much as you're trying to convince me he would help the Wild win a Cup, you're trying very hard to make this deal work where you guys get the same return for Kuznetsov as the Wild got for *Jason Zucker*.

It's just not adding up.

And I can assure you, with what that other Capitals fan said, it doesn't matter how good he is, Guerin won't be interested.

Zucker deal was a robbery. would you pay 1st + addison for him? i mean pittsburgh paid 15oa and a prospect for KAppy would you do that? i look at this deal as Capitals are willing to take less to free up cap space for the new Ovechkin deal. i dont want to trade Kuzy but logically he has the most value in the position that the Capitals have soild depth. its not adding up bc you are not trying to understand you are being closed minded about a player you hear "hot takes".Kuzy 2 way game has drastically improved since they dumped TR
    Eli a aimé ceci.
    12 mars 2021 à 17 h 39
    Démarrer sujet
    Caps fan idk why
    I'm not making any assumptions. That other Capitals fan explicitly told me that was his issue.

And off the top of my head? Eriksson Ek tops that number, so...

so basing your opinion blindly off anther person.... he also said Kuzy is worth a massive haul.... why did you pick and chose what you think is important while ignoring the other parts?
    12 mars 2021 à 17 h 42
    so basing your opinion blindly off anther person.... he also said Kuzy is worth a massive haul.... why did you pick and chose what you think is important while ignoring the other parts?

Because the important part is that Guerin would not be interested in him, so it doesn't matter what he's worth.

You can have a really nice, expensive pair of shoes for sale, but if your customer doesn't want to buy shoes, he's not going to pay for the shoes, even if they're 20% off.
    Eli a aimé ceci.
    12 mars 2021 à 17 h 53
    Démarrer sujet
    Caps fan idk why
    Because the important part is that Guerin would not be interested in him, so it doesn't matter what he's worth.

You can have a really nice, expensive pair of shoes for sale, but if your customer doesn't want to buy shoes, he's not going to pay for the shoes, even if they're 20% off.

its important to understand you arent BG and that you are basing YOUR opinion off of other peoples opinion about a player you know very very little about. So to use your example if.... if there is a rare pair of shoes...lets say a shoe that is never available but just this one time you could get a shoe that would drastically change the direction of your life...maybe buy the shoe. like a shoe that carried a person to a cup and won it lmfao ... something thats never happened in a long long long time
    Eli a aimé ceci.
    12 mars 2021 à 17 h 58
    its important to understand you arent BG and that you are basing YOUR opinion off of other peoples opinion about a player you know very very little about. So to use your example if.... if there is a rare pair of shoes...lets say a shoe that is never available but just this one time you could get a shoe that would drastically change the direction of your life...maybe buy the shoe. like a shoe that carried a person to a cup and won it lmfao ... something thats never happened in a long long long time

You just described a Jack Eichel or Nathan MacKinnon shoe. You don't have that shoe in stock.

I'm also basing what I think Guerin's opinion would be here on what Guerin has said publicly, and his actions as the GM. And I'm basing my opinion on Kuznetsov off of all the information I have available to me, not just one person's opinion. Both are valid, both have merit. And the conclusion, combining them, is that your deal isn't realistic. And there are several reasons for that, and I've explained them all, and you're still trying very hard to convince me that I'm wrong, and you've done a very poor job of it.

I'm not going to ignore all the facts at my disposal just to pretend that your deal has any traction. So I'm going to take this opportunity to move on.
    BrodinCheerD a aimé ceci.
    12 mars 2021 à 18 h 34
    Banni
    Rejoint: févr. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 142
    Kuzy at 50% is better than every center on your roster at 100%.... just saying

Dude look up Eric Staal, same story with trocheck, & it's the same with your player, Guerin doesn't want players who has characters problems.

Wild don't need/ have room for a character player/ problems like evegny

Guerin values hard work, cap stability, & non Character players like nick foligno
    12 mars 2021 à 18 h 36
    Banni
    Rejoint: févr. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 142

Look up how good Joel Eriksson Ek has been, & get back to me. Eriksson Ek has been in Alexander barkov category. This isn't coming from wild fan but reporters & stats people who wrote About him

Also evegny got suspended this year for not following covid protocol
    13 mars 2021 à 3 h 52
    Rejoint: févr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 7
    if Guerin had an opportunity to get a player like Kuzy and didnt bc he was caught dong "coke" i doubt he would be an NHL gm. Kuzy isnt the first player to do it and wont be the last, Addison is good but the Wild have a mix group (age) and most of their better players are in their win now window. ( Spur Brodin ZP Dumba ....ect.... even KK isnt that young) . i doubt he would pass on massively upgrading his center depth over a prospect and pick. thats imo of course.

What do you mean KK isn’t that young? He’s 23. LOL
    13 mars 2021 à 8 h 55
    Who adds what?
    Rejoint: juill. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
    I don't think anyone benefits from arguing whether Guerin is the GM who would give a mid-1st and an A prospect for Kuznetsov this offseason. Someone would.

I do have some doubts about which of the seven teams that are pencilling in Danault will end up being his preferred destination, but the Caps have won some games with Eller at 2C and Dowd at 3C. Pilon, McMichael, or Protas could be ready to play 4C next year so that might not be an offseason need for Washington.

I think the assertion that Jason Zucker is more valuable than Kuznetsov is pretty funny, and I'd love to hear the explanation. Start by talking about how cheap it is to get a center with a slightly better single-season point total than Jack Eichel and more 70 point seasons than Jack Eichel, please. If the Wild don't want him, that's fine. No one cares.
    PeteyForDaWin et Capitalfail67 a aimé ceci.
    13 mars 2021 à 9 h 13
    Who adds what?
    Rejoint: juill. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
    Modifié 13 mars 2021 à 9 h 56
    I don't think we have to argue about which team would give a mid-1st and an A prospect for Kuznetsov. I agree Guerin was a very consistent player, and has traded away some guys who had some up and down years. I also agree that some team somewhere would trade for Evgeni Kuznetsov in the offseason, after a bunch of contracts expire.

The part I'm questioning is how much cheaper Danault signs than Kuznetsov, given that about eight teams have pencilled him into their middle six "to save money." Could he get just 5M? Sure. He's kind of inconsistent, too. Or could he finish this year strong and get a Kevin Hayes deal, somewhere? Probably could, still. Similar skill-set.

As far as whether public knowledge of a player's struggles with addiction affect trade value, I think Damphousse was the most valuable player in the following trade, when it happened, followed by Fuhr and Anderson. Fuhr's publicly ballyhooed addiction issues neither ruined his trade value nor the rest of his career, as he went on to have at least one 40 win season, and break the record for games started:

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1991-09-20-sp-2608-story.html

"The Edmonton Oilers traded two more of their Stanley Cup-era players, sending goaltender Grant Fuhr and forward Glenn Anderson to the Toronto Maple Leafs in a seven-player deal.

Forward Craig Berube was also traded to the Maple Leafs. In return, the Oilers receive forwards Vincent Damphousse and Scott Thornton, defenseman Luke Richardson and goaltender Peter Ing and undisclosed considerations."

The Edmonton Oilers traded two more of their Stanley Cup-era players, sending goaltender Grant Fuhr and forward Glenn Anderson to the Toronto Maple Leafs in a seven-player deal.

Forward Craig Berube was also traded to the Maple Leafs. In return, the Oilers receive forwards Vincent Damphousse and Scott Thornton, defenseman Luke Richardson and goaltender Peter Ing and undisclosed considerations.

“It’ll be a lot of fun,” Fuhr said, choking back tears “so I’ll be there (Toronto) tomorrow. In a way it’s a relief that it’s done.

“But on the other hand, it’s hard to say goodby. We had a lot of fun.”

Damphousse, 23, was the only Leaf to be named to the NHL all-star team last season. He has scored 118 goals and 211 assists for 329 points in 394 games.

Richardson, 22, is considered one of the league’s top young defensemen. The 6-foot-4, 210-pound player has accumulated 556 penalty minutes during his career.

Ing, also 22, played his first full year in the NHL last season. In 56 games, he had a 3.84 goals-against average.

At 20, Thornton was Toronto’s first choice in the 1989 entry draft and has played in only 33 NHL games.

---

So, Toronto traded a 23 year old All Star forward for a goalie with publicized addiction struggles. The trade made their team better. The centerpiece of each side of the deal had a great career afterwards. Since then, the war on drugs has become an unpopular policy, and most provinces and states have voted to reduce enforcement of drug laws. On the other hand, I'm not sure where Minnesota stands on that, so that would be something for the Caps to look up if they really decide to make cap space by looking for a place to trade Kuznetsov. I'm pretty sure there's been public support for recreational drug use in the city where the GM who drafted Kuznetsov runs a team, but the cap would have to balance, short-term.

eta: the main point of this post isn't whether or not Minnesota is willing to part with Calen Addison to add an 84 point center who's had some ups and downs. The point of the post is that if Ovechkin wants a raise, under a flat cap, he's going to lose some good teammates. That means the team wins fewer games, opponents check Ovechkin more to try to hold onto leads, Ovechkin scores fewer goals, Ovechkin gets fewer trophy votes, Ovechkin gets fewer ad endorsements, and Ovechkin is less likely to get another championship or to break Gretzky's career goal scoring record. I think the point has been made. Arguing that the Caps are stuck with Kuznetsov this offseason is silly. They aren't. If Ovechkin wants Kuznetsov's cap space, he can have it, and Kuznetsov will be gone.
    PeteyForDaWin a aimé ceci.
    13 mars 2021 à 11 h 7
    Démarrer sujet
    Caps fan idk why
    Quoting: Nicholasej11
    What do you mean KK isn’t that young? He’s 23. LOL

do you consider 23 young? i mean that 5 years after a player is typically drafted...hes by no means old but i wouldn't say hes young.... lol.
    13 mars 2021 à 11 h 13
    Démarrer sujet
    Caps fan idk why
    Quoting: Eli
    I don't think anyone benefits from arguing whether Guerin is the GM who would give a mid-1st and an A prospect for Kuznetsov this offseason. Someone would.

I do have some doubts about which of the seven teams that are pencilling in Danault will end up being his preferred destination, but the Caps have won some games with Eller at 2C and Dowd at 3C. Pilon, McMichael, or Protas could be ready to play 4C next year so that might not be an offseason need for Washington.

I think the assertion that Jason Zucker is more valuable than Kuznetsov is pretty funny, and I'd love to hear the explanation. Start by talking about how cheap it is to get a center with a slightly better single-season point total than Jack Eichel and more 70 point seasons than Jack Eichel, please. If the Wild don't want him, that's fine. No one cares.

i love that they dont want guys with "character issues" and BG values " cap stability" but they Mojo BJUGSTAD FIALA RASK and ZUCCARELLO.... KK is scoring at a ppg with Rask at center and this kid thinks BG wontwant Kuzy bc of "character issues" lmfao
    Eli et PeteyForDaWin a aimé ceci.
    14 mars 2021 à 13 h 19
    do you consider 23 young? i mean that 5 years after a player is typically drafted...hes by no means old but i wouldn't say hes young.... lol.

I do consider 23 young but I guess we just disagree!
    14 mars 2021 à 20 h 38
    Démarrer sujet
    Caps fan idk why
    I do consider 23 young but I guess we just disagree!

At 23 most players are signed to long term deal or finishing bridge deals..? Right?
    14 mars 2021 à 22 h 11
    At 23 most players are signed to long term deal or finishing bridge deals..? Right?

23 is young quit being a weirdo you’re still eligible for RFA at that age
    14 mars 2021 à 22 h 12

Is auston Matthews young?
    15 mars 2021 à 11 h 21
    Démarrer sujet
    Caps fan idk why
    Is auston Matthews young?

lol no hes been in the league for 5 years...
    23 is young quit being a weirdo you’re still eligible for RFA at that age

obviously but most guys at 23 are signing long term deals or bridge deals..... Even for team North America thats the oldest you can be to be on that roster lol. 23 isnt old its just not young....most people at the age of 23 have 3-4 years in the league.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage