Forums/Armchair-GM

The State of the Franchise

Créé par: PENSFAN18
Équipe: 2020-21 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 13 nov. 2020
Publié: 13 nov. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
It’s a weird time to be a Penguin fan, the season is upcoming as these next two years are crucial. The 20-21 and 21-22 seasons are deemed to be the last years of any playoff success. The core is trying to win one more championship. It can be done. The Penguins top 6 is as loaded as ever. Sid, Geno, Jake, Rusty, Kapanen, and Zucker; the bottom six however is not impressive. Jared McCann leads the way down there, Tanev is very consistent and Teddy Blueger is becoming a very reliable center. They have holes. The 3C is huge. They have no good wingers other than McCann and Tanev. This forward group reminds me of the 2014-15 Penguins.
Here’s the 2014-15 Penguins forward group
Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvust
Perron-Malkin-Comeau
Spaling-Sutter-Downie
Winnie-LaPierre-Adams
2020-21
Guentzel-Crosby-Kapanen
Zucker-Malkin-Rust
McCann-Jankowski-Rodrigues
Tanev-Blueger-ZAR
ITS SO COMPARABLE
The defense is tough was well. The Penguins top 4 is very solid. But can Matheson be good? Can Ceci actually do something?
Dumo-Letang
Pettersson-Marino
Matheson-Ceci
2014-15
Martin-Letang
Maatta-Ehrhoff
Scuderi-Despres/Bortuzzo
Again Comparable
Jarry is Flower
DeSmith the is Greiss
The Penguins have a crucial year ahead of them. I think they will make the playoffs for sure. But Cup contenders? We will see. It’s a tough thing to see. The Penguins aren’t the team to beat anymore although I truly think they are but it’s obvious that they aren’t the top dog.
I’m gonna redo some trades that were made and This is what the Penguins should look like
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de WSH
Logo de ANA
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $75 231 842 $0 $850 000 $6 268 158 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 5
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
975 000 $975 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
2 940 000 $2 940 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Panthers de la Floride
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, C, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 3
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
G
UFA - 2
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
UFA - 5
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
13 nov. 2020 à 11 h 16
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,151
Love this!! 2014 was still a solid year for us! We had a good playoff run!

I for one am all about the penguins winning. Everyone hear me out.... As long as the pens still have CROSBY & GENO, we will be in the playoffs!! Pittsburgh currently holds the longest playoff streak to this day!

DON'T COUNT THESE GUYS OUT YET!!!

GO PENS GO!!!

Pittsburgh Penguins
PENSFAN18 a aimé ceci.
13 nov. 2020 à 12 h 32
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Quoting: Byrr
Pens are going to miss the playoffs for the 2nd straight year and disappoint for their 3rd. Their core is done.

2nd straight year? Am I missing something or were the penguins a 90% lock for the playoffs last year before covid?
Yeah they'll make the playoffs again.....the problem will be can they actually win.
HockeyTownUSA69 a aimé ceci.
13 nov. 2020 à 12 h 43
Banni
Quoting: PENSFAN18
Agree. I look at the Pens and Caps as the same. They are a year apart. I think the Cals are better than the Penguins on paper. I think Jarry is better than Samsonov but that’s IMO. We both have the same Anchors on D. Jensen is bad. I love Schultz but he’s turned into a liability. Matheson and Ceci aren’t much better. But the forward group is different. The top 6 is the same but the bottom isn’t. They got Hags, Eller, Panik, McMichael. Don’t count on Sprong and then we got McCann and Tanev. That’s it.

I think this is the wrong way to look at this.
The penguins have a better top 6 than the Caps. Crosby, Malkin, Zucker, Jake is a really big 4. Rust and Kap can hold their own. Caps don't have that kind of firepower in their top 4.
As for the bottom 6, Hags is washed. Panik is causing them to panic because he didn't show up last year and for every McMichael we have a Poulin. The question is which one plays. Eller was their only real decent bottom 6 player last year. And Sprong isn't going anywhere, he's on his 3rd team in 2 years. He's about washed himself out the league.

Penguins have a decent shut down line, but they aren't going to net goals. Then they have a 3rd line that is just trash. McCann and no one if Poulin doesn't play.
So I don't see where you think their bottom 6 is any better than the penguins. Or maybe you forgot hags inability to score and that he's lost his legs.
Both of these teams need help on the bottom 6. They both have some in youth if they decide to play it. I would argue the penguins have more help in their youth if they play O'Connor and Maniscalco. Who are older players out the NCAA and who are both regarded as solid players at that level.
The thing holding the penguins back is the coaching and GM. They won cups trusting the youth. They need to do the same again if they want to win. They just need to find a 3C to go along with it.
As a bottom 6 of McCann 3C Poulin
OConnor Blueger Tanev looks really good and better when ZAR can come back and play.
The bottom pairing of
Matheson and Maniscalco looks better than Matheson and Ceci.

but you can't fix teams unwilling to take a risk of playing the youth. Even though it won them 2 cups.
13 nov. 2020 à 12 h 48
Démarrer sujet
CROSBYFORPRESIDENT
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 90
Quoting: pharrow
I think this is the wrong way to look at this.
The penguins have a better top 6 than the Caps. Crosby, Malkin, Zucker, Jake is a really big 4. Rust and Kap can hold their own. Caps don't have that kind of firepower in their top 4.
As for the bottom 6, Hags is washed. Panik is causing them to panic because he didn't show up last year and for every McMichael we have a Poulin. The question is which one plays. Eller was their only real decent bottom 6 player last year. And Sprong isn't going anywhere, he's on his 3rd team in 2 years. He's about washed himself out the league.

Penguins have a decent shut down line, but they aren't going to net goals. Then they have a 3rd line that is just trash. McCann and no one if Poulin doesn't play.
So I don't see where you think their bottom 6 is any better than the penguins. Or maybe you forgot hags inability to score and that he's lost his legs.
Both of these teams need help on the bottom 6. They both have some in youth if they decide to play it. I would argue the penguins have more help in their youth if they play O'Connor and Maniscalco. Who are older players out the NCAA and who are both regarded as solid players at that level.
The thing holding the penguins back is the coaching and GM. They won cups trusting the youth. They need to do the same again if they want to win. They just need to find a 3C to go along with it.
As a bottom 6 of McCann 3C Poulin
OConnor Blueger Tanev looks really good and better when ZAR can come back and play.
The bottom pairing of
Matheson and Maniscalco looks better than Matheson and Ceci.

but you can't fix teams unwilling to take a risk of playing the youth. Even though it won them 2 cups.

That’s what I thought was gonna happen. When they signed maniscalco it thought that he would get a chance
13 nov. 2020 à 12 h 54
Banni
That’s what I thought was gonna happen. When they signed maniscalco it thought that he would get a chance

I too am positive he will as well, because he wouldn't have signed here if he didn't think he'd get a chance to play. He was looking for ice time. He's definitely got all the tools to play at the NHL level.
It's not like it's some high hurdle to get there, leaping Ceci isn't exactly superman jumping over the empire state building.
13 nov. 2020 à 13 h 9
Démarrer sujet
CROSBYFORPRESIDENT
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 90
I too am positive he will as well, because he wouldn't have signed here if he didn't think he'd get a chance to play. He was looking for ice time. He's definitely got all the tools to play at the NHL level.
It's not like it's some high hurdle to get there, leaping Ceci isn't exactly superman jumping over the empire state building.

Well obviously, I feel like if maniscalco is really good, then I can see Ceci being traded
13 nov. 2020 à 14 h 12
Banni
Well obviously, I feel like if maniscalco is really good, then I can see Ceci being traded

who would take him though, unless there is injury. He's most likely in the AHL if he wins that spot.
13 nov. 2020 à 21 h 52
LETS go PENS
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 208
2014-15 Pens:

Kunitz/Sid/Dupree
Perron/Geno/Hornqvist
B.Comeau/B.Sutter/B.Rust
C.Adams/N.Spalling/S.Downie

Ehrhoff/Letang
Scuderi/P.Martin
Maatta/B.Lovejoy

I.Cole and D.Pouliot were scratches but still average 17 and 15 minutes ice time respectively, in the games they played.
13 nov. 2020 à 21 h 58
LETS go PENS
who would take him though, unless there is injury. He's most likely in the AHL if he wins that spot.

Defense is valuable in the NHL. Especially when injuries come around. You can never have enough Defenders. And his contract will be expiring. So a team at the deadline could take Ceci and Sceviour, if we take on a player with longer term. Not sure its a great move, but that’s the only way we are moving them. Or just bury them in the minors or healthy scratches and let their contracts expire with us.
pharrow a aimé ceci.
13 nov. 2020 à 22 h 3
LETS go PENS
Modifié 13 nov. 2020 à 22 h 8
Pens are going to miss the playoffs for the 2nd straight year and disappoint for their 3rd. Their core is done.

Toronto hasn’t won a cup in over 50 years. And has been bounced in the play-off in the 1st round almost every year they made the play-offs. Good luck!! I’ll take our GM!! Atleast he makes moves and pulls the trigger and atleast try’s to get us over the top. We are a contender every year with Sid and Geno. They are 33 and 34this year, respectively. They arnt ancient.

And yes, the Pens did NOT make the play-offs last year. They were called “play-in rounds”. We could have gotten the 1st pick in the draft if we won the lottery, remember? Ply-off teams arnt in the lottery. The 15th pick that Toronto got was the last pick in the lottery. I suppose NYR made the play-offs too and got the 1st pick..lol??
14 nov. 2020 à 8 h 15
Adomaitis
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 189

Ya Malkin look real done with all the scoring he did this season....
14 nov. 2020 à 8 h 28
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,076
Quoting: Adamitis
Ya Malkin look real done with all the scoring he did this season....

and look how far that got them.
14 nov. 2020 à 8 h 36
Adomaitis
and look how far that got them.

Not exactly a good argument though
Look how far McD and Draisaitl got EDM
Look how far Tavares and Matthew’s got TOR

Not Crosby and Malkins fault their 3rd pair gave up 9 goals and their Goalie let some softies in
14 nov. 2020 à 8 h 38
Not exactly a good argument though
Look how far McD and Draisaitl got EDM
Look how far Tavares and Matthew’s got TOR

and look at their ages compared to Crosby and Malkin. If McD and Draisailt were each 10 years older people would say the same about Edmonton. Some of those players are still getting better while Pittsburgh's have long since hit their peak and are going to be heading down the other side of that aging curve soon.
14 nov. 2020 à 8 h 39
Adomaitis
and look at their ages compared to Crosby and Malkin. If McD and Draisailt were each 10 years older, people would say the same about Edmonton.

Yes but they would also be wrong if they still scored top in the league in points /60
14 nov. 2020 à 8 h 45
Yes but they would also be wrong if they still scored top in the league in points /60

The fact the Pens found it pertinent to lower Malkin's playing time significantly is just more evidence hes the decline already.
14 nov. 2020 à 8 h 46
Adomaitis
and look at their ages compared to Crosby and Malkin. If McD and Draisailt were each 10 years older people would say the same about Edmonton. Some of those players are still getting better while Pittsburgh's have long since hit their peak and are going to be heading down the other side of that aging curve soon.

Declined sure. But Sid is still a top ten player, Geno still finishes top 5-10 in scoring each year.
Not done, unless that was hyperbole
14 nov. 2020 à 8 h 48
Declined sure. But Sid is still a top ten player, Geno still finishes top 5-10 in scoring each year.
Not done, unless that was hyperbole

The facts just the facts. The teams around them are getting better, the Pens are getting worse and they already havn't been near good enough for 2 seasons. They're done just like Chicago. At least Chicago has the balls to say as much.
14 nov. 2020 à 9 h 5
Adomaitis
The facts just the facts. The teams around them are getting better, the Pens are getting worse and they already havn't been near good enough for 2 seasons. They're done just like Chicago. At least Chicago has the balls to say as much.

Sure, but the core is still rather good. That’s the point.
Facts vs opinions.

Ur talking about the core, not the team
14 nov. 2020 à 9 h 7
Sure, but the core is still rather good. That’s the point.
Facts vs opinions

Still rather good hasn't been good enough for 2 years now, why would it be going forward when they only go downhill from here? Thats the point.
14 nov. 2020 à 9 h 13
Adomaitis
Still rather good hasn't been good enough for 2 years now, why would it be going forward when they only go downhill from here?

Ffs, I’m literally only talking about the core: Sid and Malkin, maybe Letang and Guentzel

Why are u talking about team success
14 nov. 2020 à 9 h 16
Ffs, I’m literally only talking about the core: Sid and Malkin, maybe Letang and Guentzel

Why are u talking about team success

Because thats what we are talking about. Can the core still carry the team to success? And if they havn't been able to for a few seasons now, why should we expect that to change?
14 nov. 2020 à 9 h 19
Adomaitis
Because thats what we are talking about. Can the core still carry the team to success? And if they havn't been able to for a few seasons now, why should we expect that to change?

I don’t expect it to, but “done” apparently means something different to you.

Still going to be great watching those two, regardless of playoffs.
Still think they have a decent chance of making the postseason honestly, though it’s gunna be hard

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage