Forums/Armchair-GM

2020 Kids at center

Créé par: Wreckless
Équipe: 2020-21 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 10 nov. 2020
Publié: 10 nov. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
over $20mm in trade deadline cap space and draft picks up the wazoo...
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
11 000 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (WPG)
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (WPG)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (WPG)
WPG
  1. Danault, Phillip
Détails additionnels:
extended same terms as Pageau deal. 6x$5mm
MTL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (NSH)
Détails additionnels:
Lottery protected.
WPG
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2021 (MTL)
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de NSH
Logo de MTL
Logo de TBL
Logo de WPG
Logo de MTL
Logo de CHI
Logo de WSH
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de OTT
Logo de PHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de WPG
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de WPG
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $68 857 976 $0 $3 987 500 $12 642 024 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C
UFA - 2
2 125 000 $2 125 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 2
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 6
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 6
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
4 350 000 $4 350 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
735 000 $735 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 nov. 2020 à 9 h 23
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
Don't really know what the point of the $20 mil in trade deadline space would be...this team goes from wildcard contender to no-show if you move Tatar and Danault.
10 nov. 2020 à 9 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Wreckless
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 445
Quoting: Lenny7
Don't really know what the point of the $20 mil in trade deadline space would be...this team goes from wildcard contender to no-show if you move Tatar and Danault.

Ice time that I think our centers would be capable of playing:

Suzuki - 20 minutes
Kotkaniemi - 16 minutes
Evans - 14 minutes
Poehling - 12 minutes.

We're already over 60 minutes per game.

Tatar's ice time can easily be spread across the bevy of new wingers that Bergevin just signed.

$20mm in cap space basically means unlimited ability (for cap purposes) to add whoever you want at the trade deadline. And a ridiculous arsenal of draft picks at the same time.
10 nov. 2020 à 9 h 32
Lenny7
Quoting: Wreckless
Ice time that I think our centers would be capable of playing:

Suzuki - 20 minutes
Kotkaniemi - 16 minutes
Evans - 14 minutes
Poehling - 12 minutes.

We're already over 60 minutes per game.

Tatar's ice time can easily be spread across the bevy of new wingers that Bergevin just signed.

I mean, I'm sure that they can all play those minutes and more, but it doesn't mean that's a good idea. If you're not looking to compete this year, sure! If you are-not a great plan.
10 nov. 2020 à 9 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Wreckless
I mean, I'm sure that they can all play those minutes and more, but it doesn't mean that's a good idea. If you're not looking to compete this year, sure! If you are-not a great plan.

With our wingers, D, and especially our goaltending, I think that's a top 4 team in the Eastern conference at the trade deadline. And we can add at that point as needed.

I'll admit that Poehling is a bit of a wild card. But Thompson (or another UFA) can fill in if he's not ready yet. Tons of cap space to use for that purpose also.
10 nov. 2020 à 9 h 42
Lenny7
With our wingers, D, and especially our goaltending, I think that's a top 4 team in the Eastern conference at the trade deadline. And we can add at that point as needed.

You've got Paul Byron playing on the 2nd line...2 rookies as C's (Evans/Poehling) who have yet to have any success at the NHL level. You're banking on Josh Anderson being better post injury than he was before. Assuming that KK is the guy you had in the playoffs, and not the regular season version...Joel Edmundson (Karl Alzner-lite) playing in a top 4 role (Which I assume you're saving for Romanov, who played a little over 10 minutes per game/was a healthy scratch a number of times in the KHL).

To be the 4th best team in the Canadian division with this team, EVERYTHING will need to go right, and that rarely happens.
10 nov. 2020 à 9 h 51
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,513

I think you mean playoff team to no-show but you are absolutely correct. Moving both Tatar and Danault without getting a top 6 forward back on a cheaper contract is not a great idea. Right now in a Canadian Division we will be fighting with Toronto and Edmonton for the top 3 spots. If you move Tatar and Danault without filling one of those holes we will be fighting with Calgary, Winnipeg and Vancouver for a wildcard spot and likely lose that fight. Byron can score 20 goals a year but that does not make him top 6 material. Our strength right now comes from our winger depth, that will be why we fight with the top teams for a top 3 finish.
10 nov. 2020 à 10 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Wreckless
You've got Paul Byron playing on the 2nd line...2 rookies as C's (Evans/Poehling) who have yet to have any success at the NHL level. You're banking on Josh Anderson being better post injury than he was before. Assuming that KK is the guy you had in the playoffs, and not the regular season version...Joel Edmundson (Karl Alzner-lite) playing in a top 4 role (Which I assume you're saving for Romanov, who played a little over 10 minutes per game/was a healthy scratch a number of times in the KHL).

To be the 4th best team in the Canadian division with this team, EVERYTHING will need to go right, and that rarely happens.

- Byron can play 14-15 minutes a game on that line (when factoring in SH minutes) no problem at all.
- Evans is ready. Poehling I'm not sure. Either a UFA or a trade could bring in someone valuable to fill in those minutes. (part of the whole point of trade deadline cap space and a plethora of draft picks)
- Banking on Josh Anderson being the player he was post injury (or even better)? Yes I am. What's your reasoning behind thinking otherwise?
- Edmundson played a top 4 role on a Stanley cup winner 16 months ago. What is your reasoning behind "Karl Alzner-lite"

Top 4 team in the Eastern conference would be my bet (i.e. out of the usual 16 teams).
10 nov. 2020 à 10 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Wreckless
Quoting: Campabee
I think you mean playoff team to no-show but you are absolutely correct. Moving both Tatar and Danault without getting a top 6 forward back on a cheaper contract is not a great idea. Right now in a Canadian Division we will be fighting with Toronto and Edmonton for the top 3 spots. If you move Tatar and Danault without filling one of those holes we will be fighting with Calgary, Winnipeg and Vancouver for a wildcard spot and likely lose that fight. Byron can score 20 goals a year but that does not make him top 6 material. Our strength right now comes from our winger depth, that will be why we fight with the top teams for a top 3 finish.

You would have, in that scenario, exactly the two things required to bring in the top 6 forward that you'd be looking for. cap space and draft picks.
10 nov. 2020 à 10 h 10
Lenny7
Quoting: Campabee

No, I'm pretty confident that in an All-Canadian division, they'll fight with Vancouver for 4th. Calgary was good filled their needs. Toronto was good and filled their needs. Winnipeg was good and filled their needs. Not sure which one of those three the Habs are all of the sudden going to knock off? They certainly could, but I doubt it.
10 nov. 2020 à 10 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Wreckless
No, I'm pretty confident that in an All-Canadian division, they'll fight with Vancouver for 4th. Calgary was good filled their needs. Toronto was good and filled their needs. Winnipeg was good and filled their needs. Not sure which one of those three the Habs are all of the sudden going to knock off? They certainly could, but I doubt it.

this notion of "canadian division" likely means that we play games in country to start the season until the border gets (closer to) back to normal.
I doubt the league changes conferences or divisions for the purpose of playoff seeding. Normal "in division" and "in conference" games likely happy second, but only after all the "in country" games are complete.
10 nov. 2020 à 10 h 13
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
If it's a lottery pick you gave away TATAR for free
10 nov. 2020 à 10 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Wreckless
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34
If it's a lottery pick you gave away TATAR for free

Not how it works. Would revert to a 2022 1st instead.
10 nov. 2020 à 10 h 33
Lenny7
- Byron can play 14-15 minutes a game on that line (when factoring in SH minutes) no problem at all.
- Evans is ready. Poehling I'm not sure. Either a UFA or a trade could bring in someone valuable to fill in those minutes. (part of the whole point of trade deadline cap space and a plethora of draft picks)
- Banking on Josh Anderson being the player he was post injury (or even better)? Yes I am. What's your reasoning behind thinking otherwise?
- Edmundson played a top 4 role on a Stanley cup winner 16 months ago. What is your reasoning behind "Karl Alzner-lite"

Top 4 team in the Eastern conference would be my bet (i.e. out of the usual 16 teams).

-You've already got Danault...
-Maybe Evans is ready, maybe he's not, but he looked overmatched in the playoffs.
-Missing most of a season because of shoulder surgery isn't typically a good sign for a guy who makes a living playing a rough and tumble game. I like him, but wouldn't bank on him doing any more than he did during his best season in Columbus.
-Slow, horrible possession stats. His numbers essentially negate Petry's. He's really not good.

Top 4 teams in the conference! That's bananas. *IF* this were a typical year, Eastern conference-wise, you think they're all of the sudden better than Tampa, Carolina, Columbus, Toronto, Boston (Who will be without Marchand/Pasta for a month or two, so sure, why not?), the Islanders, the Rangers, the Caps, and the Flyers?! I could maybe pick 2 teams that they might be better than out of that group, but you think they're top 4?
10 nov. 2020 à 10 h 36
Lenny7
this notion of "canadian division" likely means that we play games in country to start the season until the border gets (closer to) back to normal.
I doubt the league changes conferences or divisions for the purpose of playoff seeding. Normal "in division" and "in conference" games likely happy second, but only after all the "in country" games are complete.

I can't imagine that they say: "Ok, here's our schedule for the season...if the border opens, we'll change it!", or "Hey, I know you guys have been playing each other all year long, but you're not technically competing against each other, you're actually competing against teams that you don't get to play..."
10 nov. 2020 à 10 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Wreckless
-You've already got Danault...
-Maybe Evans is ready, maybe he's not, but he looked overmatched in the playoffs.
-Missing most of a season because of shoulder surgery isn't typically a good sign for a guy who makes a living playing a rough and tumble game. I like him, but wouldn't bank on him doing any more than he did during his best season in Columbus.
-Slow, horrible possession stats. His numbers essentially negate Petry's. He's really not good.

Top 4 teams in the conference! That's bananas. *IF* this were a typical year, Eastern conference-wise, you think they're all of the sudden better than Tampa, Carolina, Columbus, Toronto, Boston (Who will be without Marchand/Pasta for a month or two, so sure, why not?), the Islanders, the Rangers, the Caps, and the Flyers?! I could maybe pick 2 teams that they might be better than out of that group, but you think they're top 4?

"Slow, horrible possession stats. His numbers essentially negate Petry's. He's really not good."

...and yet he strangely was good enough to occupy a top 4 role on a Stanley cup winner. With the rest of the team compensating for his "not good-ness."
Whatever, it's all good, we'll gladly accept #25, even though we'll have to listen from the analytics community about how we're supposed to look at his possession stats to determine the value of a stay at home D, and how the rest of the team won "in spite" of his bad play! A classic "Andrew Berkshire" useless analytics argument.
10 nov. 2020 à 10 h 51
Lenny7
"Slow, horrible possession stats. His numbers essentially negate Petry's. He's really not good."

...and yet he strangely was good enough to occupy a top 4 role on a Stanley cup winner. With the rest of the team compensating for his "not good-ness."
Whatever, it's all good, we'll gladly accept #25, even though we'll have to listen from the analytics community about how we're supposed to look at his possession stats to determine the value of a stay at home D, and how the rest of the team won "in spite" of his bad play! A classic "Andrew Berkshire" useless analytics argument.

It's always funny to me how the anti-analytics clan are happy to use them when they benefit their argument, but completely throw it out the door when it doesn't favor them. Playing with Colton Parayko and/or Pietro isn't the same as playing with Jeff Petry.

Regardless, I think the Habs will surprise some folks this year, but jumping ahead of 7 of the 11 teams that were ahead of them in the standings in the East last year is a pretty bold prediction.
10 nov. 2020 à 11 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Wreckless
It's always funny to me how the anti-analytics clan are happy to use them when they benefit their argument, but completely throw it out the door when it doesn't favor them. Playing with Colton Parayko and/or Pietro isn't the same as playing with Jeff Petry.

Regardless, I think the Habs will surprise some folks this year, but jumping ahead of 7 of the 11 teams that were ahead of them in the standings in the East last year is a pretty bold prediction.

I'm not anti-analytics. Your argument is that he's really not good based on a single statistical category. Honestly, people who make those types of arguments don't really deserve to call themselves members of the analytics community.

And yeah, I'm more than comfortable comparing the quality of Weber/Petry to Petro/Parayko.
10 nov. 2020 à 11 h 37
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
Not how it works. Would revert to a 2022 1st instead.

Ik, I was joking
10 nov. 2020 à 13 h 6
Lenny7
I'm not anti-analytics. Your argument is that he's really not good based on a single statistical category. Honestly, people who make those types of arguments don't really deserve to call themselves members of the analytics community.

And yeah, I'm more than comfortable comparing the quality of Weber/Petry to Petro/Parayko.

What statistical category have you referenced, other that this whole "He played top 4 during the playoffs!" thing, which I find kind of funny too...he averaged 16:32 minutes per game. Bouwmeester (23:30), Parayko (25:07) and Pietrangelo (25:45) ate the minutes. He essentially split that 4D position with Gunnarsson and Dunn.

As for Weber/Petry being compared to Petro/Parayko? C'monnnnn.
11 nov. 2020 à 9 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Wreckless
What statistical category have you referenced, other that this whole "He played top 4 during the playoffs!" thing, which I find kind of funny too...he averaged 16:32 minutes per game. Bouwmeester (23:30), Parayko (25:07) and Pietrangelo (25:45) ate the minutes. He essentially split that 4D position with Gunnarsson and Dunn.

As for Weber/Petry being compared to Petro/Parayko? C'monnnnn.

Top 4 all season in his last year with the Blues. 19:23 TOI per game. Had the same role more or less last year in Carolina. You need depth at D in this league if you want to take a run.
To your point on usage, Edmundson basically ate up critical situation / D zone minutes, which is exactly what skews your possession stats.

You might think those 4 D aren't comparable. I don't believe you'll find yourself in the majority though.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage