SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/General Fantasy Talk

Would An All-Grit Team Beat An All-Star Team?

Who Would Win?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

28 août 2020 à 12 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,636
Quoting: arafay
I think it’s kind of close but I would say team skill wins on most nights. That said, team grit will bring it every night so if skill isn’t on their game, they aren’t winning

Good point!
28 août 2020 à 12 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Cabbie91
Team Grit.

I'd add Marchand, Ovechkin, Giroux, Gallagher, Price, Byfuglien.... out of retirement wink

Ovechkin-Dubois-Stone
Marchand-Giroux-Wilson
Tkachuk-Benn-Tkachuk
Lee-Wheeler-Gallagher

Nurse - Weber
Muzzin - Manson
Chara - Trouba

Price

Thanks for the suggestions. Marchand & Gallagher do have grit but I felt they were too small to make my team. I’m looking for guys who are big. Ovechkin could’ve made it but I feel he’s got too much skill to be omitted from team skill, plus sometimes he can be guilty of being lazy. Giroux is a big guy, he plays hard but he isn’t physical enough, so he missed out unfortunately.
28 août 2020 à 13 h 44
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
Quoting: MitchMarnerElite
Yeah that’s true. Grit was emphasized before the Pens won the cup too. Afterwards, everyone got faster & now everyone is starting to get big again.

I think it really trends back and forth, mainly based on who had success the year before.
28 août 2020 à 13 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Lenny7
I think it really trends back and forth, mainly based on who had success the year before.

Agree.
Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
3 sept. 2020 à 14 h 6
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 930
Quoting: MitchMarnerElite
Ever since the Penguins won back to back cups, I’ve noticed that the league has been emphasizing the philosophy of having grit and heaviness. This is evident as all the recent cup champions and teams that make it far in the playoffs have players who are big, physical and relentless on the forecheck. We’ve seen teams that were more or less known for their finesse start to get bigger and tougher, and as a result, they’ve started to significantly improve in the playoffs. Tampa is an example of it.

Due to this, I’ve decided to ask the hypothetical question of whether a team of grit can beat a team of skilled players in a best of 7 series?

I made two teams, one of them consisting of the best players who fit the “grit” intangible and another consisting of the top players in the NHL over the past few seasons.

Team Grit:

M.Tkachuk - B.Tkachuk - Stone
Benn - PLD - Wheeler
Pacioretty- J.Miller - Mantha
Lee - N. Foligno - Wilson
M. Foligno, B. Tanev

Chara - Weber
Muzzin - Manson
Oleksiak - Gudas,
Dillon

Rask
Lehner

Team All-Stars:

Draisaitl - McDavid - Kane
Malkin - Crosby - MacKinnon
Matthews - Tavares - Kucherov
Ovechkin - Stamkos - Eichel
Panarin, Pettersson

Josi - Hamilton
Hedman - Pietrangelo
Theodore - Karlsson
Spurgeon

Helleybucyk
Hart

Personally, I don’t know who would be more likely to win. As a smaller player who relied on finesse, I can admit that I would easily become frustrated and get thrown off my game when I faced bigger, more physical and heavier forechecking players. However, on the team I created, the skill level of the players are simply off the charts and even if a few guys stop producing, there’s still so many more weapons.

What’d you guys think?

Marchand needs to be on one of these teams but regardless skill team wins. Kinda reminds me of USA v Canada. Grit could certainly steal a few games but too much talent on the skill team

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage