Forums/Armchair-GM

Questions for Habs Fans

Créé par: Skytown
Équipe: 2020-21 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 19 août 2020
Publié: 19 août 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
My daily “I’m a Canucks fan” ramble on teams I’m not super familiar with...

Okay, many questions coming at ya

1. For years I’ve heard/seen talks about how Montreal needs a bonafide number 1 C, or at least some depth in that position. With Kotkaniemi and Suzuki both making huge steps in development, and Danault quietly being a potential future Selke finalist, is Montreal good down the middle now? Or would Suz and Kot be preferred to move to the wing if a C were to come along? Obviously a huuuge long shot to happen, but after Bergervins attempt to get Aho last summer, would a Dubois offersheeg be out of the question? He’s essentially the face of Columbus, and they have a bunch of cap to play with, so I’d assume that any offer would be matched instantly. But could an offer sheet be put out there for him? I also some a couple tweets saying they should go after Monahan. Maybe a Domi/Drouin package? Habs have a ton of picks in the next couple years.

2. This is a double question kind of. Domi and Drouin. I’ve seen many ACGM where Domi is shipped out. His contract is done after this year and he’s still an RFA. From what I watch of the Habs (not a lot) he seems like a fine player and good point producer. Do you trade him or resign him? Now Drouin. Once again, I don’t watch many Montreal games, so half of my judgement is based off of points. Once again, Drouin seems like a very good player, although not living up to the hype that everyone had hoped when he was drafted. Is he a core player of the future, or could you move him (possibly in a package with Domi) for something?

3. Caufield. He’s gonna play a year or two more in college before joining the team? Romanov. He’s on the team 100 percent next year? What should I expect from him? Fleury. Is he NHL ready, or will it take a few more years? Poehling. I’ve seen mixed reviews on him. Some say he’s a future middle 6, and others saying he’s a bottom 6 if he’s lucky. What’s up with him?

4. Juulsen, Mete, Ouelette, Evans. All have played some games in the NHL. Some more than others. Are they all going to be NHL mainstays??

5. Any other prospects I should keep my eyes on in the future?

Not sure how many responses I’ll get right now as it’s 10pm back east, and the game is one, but I’m posting anyway! Lol

Thanks in advance! Or should I say merci ;)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de CHI
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de WSH
Logo de MTL
Logo de ANA
Logo de WPG
Logo de MTL
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de CHI
Logo de OTT
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de CHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de OTT
Logo de PHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $63 982 975 $0 $4 007 500 $17 517 025 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
3 083 333 $3 083 333 $
C
UFA - 1
4 800 000 $4 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
UFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C
UFA - 2
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C
UFA - 1
763 333 $763 333 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 625 000 $4 625 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 6
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 6
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
771 666 $771 666 $ (Bonis de performance20 000 $$20K)
DD
RFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
19 août 2020 à 22 h 27
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,448
Wow!
We have good centre depth and credit to MB. Can’t see offer sheeting pld as he only gave one to aho because kk and Suzuki were huge ? Domi and drouin are always players that we expect a lot from due to domi last season and drouin being hyped up in the trade. Don’t see domi moving and drouin is French. Caufield will spend next season in the NCAA if they have a season. Romanov should be a lock as he is a good lhd who played pro in Russia. Poehling is good 2 way but his debut kinda hurt him by putting way to much pressure on him. We also don’t have the ice time for him. Mete is a weird one as he’s small but can skate, he also shows some offensive potential but doesn’t have “it”. Juulsen has been hurt but looks good when’s he’s healthy. Fleury is good and can hit but still needs to refine his game
19 août 2020 à 22 h 27
UnBiased
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8
Honestly, keep an eye on Romanov, Kotkaniemi, Suzuki.

Harris & Norlinder are promising..

Peohling is **** needs to go.. he's a pro right player.. highly in favor of Trump.. so he needs to scram..

Domi & Drouin are playing like ahlers.. domi is an rfa a the end of the season

Mainstays are Mete.. Juulsen had an injury to his eye, missed a lit of time.. maybe depth next year.. Ouellette is ahl top 2.. Evans is good depth too.
We got rid of most of our depth at the deadline.. Kovalchuk, Cousins, Scandella, Thompson..
19 août 2020 à 22 h 29
UnBiased
Caufield won't play next year.. Fleury is good.. he hits.. he reminds me of Emelin.
19 août 2020 à 22 h 30
UnBiased
MB won't go after a Dubois.. Aho was just to hard to pass.. Carolina didnt have the cao space.. but managed to do so to re sign him. Dunn is a more realistic option on defense here if he wants to do it again.
19 août 2020 à 22 h 53
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,448
Let's Goooo!

-Suzuki, Kk and Danault will be MTL center line for the next 8 years. No need to trade for another center.
-Domi could be a traded and sign simply because he wants to play center and he has value for a great return. Should suck it up, be a gritty winger and replace at center during injuries but who is going to say to Tie Domi's son what to do, right?
-Drouin had a great first half of the season. Could still improve. Trade worth is pretty low IMO.
-Caufield has the shot but not the physic or the game understanding yet to play in the NHL. Since there wont be any NCAA this year, could switch to the AHL.
-Romanov will play NHL next year or go back to Russia. Will look good with Petry.
-Fleury is still not NHL ready but had flashes of a physical 3rd pairing RHD.
-Poehling could be transformed as a powerfull LW
-Juulsen had top 4 potential until he catched 2 pucks with his face during the same game. Still unknown if he will have a career at all.
-Mete made the league as a first line Dman at 20 y.o., since then he regressed so much he's now no 6-7.
-Ouellet is a fringe NHL Dman.
-Evans will be 4th center next year. Coaches love how he 's learning to play defensively.
Prospects: the LHD file: Struble/Harris/Norlinder + Primeau
19 août 2020 à 23 h 4
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,448
Since you are from Vancouver, what's the deal with Virtanen and Juolevi?

Virtanen looks in the dog house. Read he's unfocused, soft and unwilling to pay the price to go in traffic to get good shoots.

Is juolevi in shape finally? If so, why isn't he making the team?

Go nucks!!
20 août 2020 à 11 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Canucks Fan
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 147
Quoting: jpsnow13
Since you are from Vancouver, what's the deal with Virtanen and Juolevi?

Virtanen looks in the dog house. Read he's unfocused, soft and unwilling to pay the price to go in traffic to get good shoots.
- Jake is always in the dog house lol. He struggles from inconsistency in his game from what I can only assume is his work ethic. When he’s on his game, he looks amazing and playable for 18 mins a night. When he’s not, you want him out there for 5 mins if that. All in all I like him as a player and hope he figures it out. I joke with friends saying he’s a poor mans Tom Wilson. He has those flashes of brilliance (minus the suspensions)
Big boy with smooooth hands.

Is juolevi in shape finally? If so, why isn't he making the team?
- OJ has STRUGGLED with injuries in past years. It seems like he’s finally healthy, and even played in one of our playoff games. He didn’t shine like OEL or anything lol, but he was solid and steady. That’s all you can hope for for a kid just coming into the league. I personally still believe he has top 4 upside. Another summer to get healthier, stronger, etc I think he could crack the Canucks roster next season. At worst he’d be 1st or 2nd call up, if they chose to let him eat up minutes in the AHL and gain confidence.
Go nucks!!
20 août 2020 à 11 h 59
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
I'm with @jpsnow13 on most but not on everything.

-Suzuki, Kk and Danault will be MTL center line for the next 8 years. No need to trade for another center.
-Domi could be a traded and sign simply because he wants to play center and he has value for a great return. Should suck it up, be a gritty winger and replace at center during injuries but who is going to say to Tie Domi's son what to do, right?
-Drouin is a fine streaky winger but people put pressure on him only because of the trade that brought him here, if he wouldn't been selected by the team in the 2nd round we'd be happy to have him here. Simply said, lost trade for Montreal that could've kept their top 2 LD prospect, sad.
-Caufield Not sure I want to burn an ELC with Laval, Bouchard could make miracle with him doe but the AHL has a big calender and not much training time which he needs to bulk, maybe Europe could be a nice destination? He could play against men.
-Romanov will play NHL next year or go back to Russia. Will look good with Petry.
-Fleury is still not NHL ready but had flashes of a physical 3rd pairing RHD.
-Poehling Kid if converted to LW can be a middle six two-way power forward, at center he'll most likely stick to the bottom six but I could see a late blooming like Danault.
-Juulsen had top 4 potential until he catched 2 pucks with his face during the same game. Still unknown if he will have a career at all.
-Mete no regression there, he was mainly playing where he shouldn't so bottom four (Mainly 5-6) but definitely better than a seventh Dman.
-Ouellet is our AHL captain but I'm starting to think he could take Folin's spot in the line up as our seventh defender. I like his IQ and he possesses NHL size and experience.
-Evans will be 4th center next year. Coaches love how he 's learning to play defensively.
Prospects: Why is everyone sleeping on Hillis?!
Skytown et gm_jeanguy a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage