Forums/Armchair-GM

Winnipeg jets top 10 prospects pre draft

Créé par: bunzy1034
Équipe: 2020-21 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 14 août 2020
Publié: 14 août 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
It will obviously be ranked, then with my play style comparison and roster projection. Keep in mind my player comparison is only based on style, not saying they will be as good or bad as the comparable player.

As you can see we really don’t need to add dmen unless if it’s a game changing RD., I think the jets need to go forward with their first two picks in this draft.
Transactions
WPG
    Ville to me is the top prospect for the Jets. His hockey IQ is off the charts and allowed him to have an elite defensive season in the Liiga. He probably wishes he could’ve done more offensively but his fluid puck moving ability makes me not worry so much. For his player comparison went with Miro Heiskanen. For his projection I have him as a very good #2 dman right now, if he can improve his skating even more l, I think he has what it takes to be a legit #1 dman.
    WPG
      I feel like a lot of people including jets fans are underrating Samberg. He spent three seasons at Minessota Duluth as a very strong defenseman. Last year I thought he was their best defenseman overall (Yes Perunovich was better offensively) besides his great mobility for a big man and great defensive instincts, he provides a great first pass, rarely messing up that breakout pass. For his comparable player I went with Colton Parayko. He has very strong mobility for his size, a big shot, and shutdown ability. I have him projected as a #2 or #3 dman at worst. I can’t wait to watch him next year.
      WPG
        I put quite a bit of thought into this one but ultimately, I decided I will have him at 3. His offensive production was a little bit disappointing this season in the AHL, but he definitely got a lot better at the later stages of the season. He has great hands, a heavy shot, and is a solid skater for a big winger. For his comparable I decided to go with Alex Tuch. Another big winger who can really skate. I would like to see him improve his play away from the puck and be more of a consistent producer, but he has all the tools to be a solid NHL player. If he doesn’t perform at the beginning stages of next season, I feel like the next prospect has a strong case to be above him already. For his projection I have him as a middle six winger. His ceiling is a capable second line winger, while his floor is a solid third line player.
        WPG
          Leon had a fantastic season in the AHL, and I was quite close to putting him as the number 3 prospect. His smooth skating ability was very noticeable. I really liked what I saw from him in his own zone as well. He was not a liability whatsoever. He showed that he can quarter back a power play which is another bonus in his play. I thought overall, he was the best defenceman on the Moose last year. For his comparable player I went with Adam Fox of the Rangers. I have him projected as a # 3 or 4 dman, I am very high on him.
          WPG
            Goalies are almost always a toss up, but I see some good consistency in Berdins game on a team that wasn’t very good in the AHL. He has great athleticism in the net, and the a good puck handler, all most the exact opposite goalie of the jets #1 right now. I have him compared with Fleury in terms of style, and have him projected from a league average starter to a very good 1A 1B goalie.
            WPG
              Declan Chisholm has put up great offensive numbers in junior. This past year he was over a ppg. He is a great power play quarterback, a smooth skater, and is great at getting his shots to the net. I thought he was ok to below average defensively, so I would like to see some improvement in that aspect. For a comparable play style, Thomas Chabot was my pick. I project him as a #4 dman to a very good #5 puck moving defenceman.
              WPG
                David Gustafsson is a player who plays well past his age. He is very responsible with his defensive reads. I would really like to see him become more of a dangerous player offensively which would start with improving his skating. For his comparable I went with Derek Ryan of the Flames. I have him as a 3rd line center with a floor of a 4th line center
                WPG
                  The undrafted Reichel wasn’t signed for no reason. He has a blazing shot and plays with a little bit of a mean streak. Good enough skater and decent play making skills make him an intriguing prospect. For his comparable I put Tarasenko. Almost strictly because I think he shoots the exactly like the style of Tarasenko. I see him panning out as a bottom six winger.
                  WPG
                    I wouldn’t describe Kovacevic as a fancy prospect. I would say he is adequate to a little above average in every category. His comparable style is Erik Cernak of the Lightning, and I project him as a 5/6 dman.
                    WPG
                      I really didn’t like his season in the AHL. He is hanging on this #10 spot by a thread as Nikanen and Lundmark are not far behind him at all.I have him compared with none other then Tyler Myers. I project him as nothing more then a #6 dman right now.
                      Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
                      Logo de WPG
                      Logo de WPG
                      Logo de WPG
                      Logo de WPG
                      Logo de WPG
                      Logo de WPG
                      Logo de WPG
                      Logo de WPG
                      Logo de WPG
                      Logo de WPG
                      Logo de WPG
                      Logo de WPG
                      Logo de WPG
                      Logo de WPG
                      Logo de WPG
                      Logo de WPG
                      TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
                      1481 500 000 $64 167 858 $0 $0 $17 332 142 $
                      Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
                      Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
                      7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
                      AG
                      UFA - 6
                      Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
                      6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
                      C
                      M-NTC
                      UFA - 4
                      Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
                      8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
                      AD
                      NMC
                      UFA - 4
                      Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
                      4 995 000 $4 995 000 $
                      C, AD, AG
                      UFA - 1
                      Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
                      5 291 667 $5 291 667 $
                      C, AD
                      M-NTC
                      UFA - 4
                      Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
                      6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
                      AD, AG
                      UFA - 5
                      Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
                      4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
                      AG, AD, C
                      M-NTC
                      UFA - 1
                      Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
                      2 916 667 $2 916 667 $
                      C
                      UFA - 1
                      Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
                      2 280 000 $2 280 000 $
                      C, AG, AD
                      UFA - 1
                      Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
                      Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
                      6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
                      DG
                      UFA - 8
                      Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
                      3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
                      DD
                      UFA - 1
                      Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
                      6 166 667 $6 166 667 $
                      G
                      UFA - 4
                      Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
                      850 000 $850 000 $
                      DG
                      UFA - 1
                      Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
                      775 000 $775 000 $
                      DD
                      UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
                      • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
                      14 août 2020 à 21 h 45
                      Rejoint: juin 2018
                      Mentions "j'aime": 2,706
                      I would put Gawanke over Vesa, Vesa certainly has the higher ceiling (which i usually value more lol) but he's just so inconsistent, even towards the end of the year he'd have a few good shifts/periods/games, immediately followed by times when he was just invisible, I'd also put Gus over Chisholm, but that's just bc I'd prefer a defensively responsible 3C over a bottom pair PP QB who probably won't be particularly good 5v5 (and Perunovich was better than Samberg, tho i will agree he's underrated)
                      bunzy1034 a aimé ceci.
                      14 août 2020 à 21 h 47
                      Démarrer sujet
                      Cold spaghetti
                      Rejoint: mars 2019
                      Mentions "j'aime": 2,134
                      Quoting: Dan10900
                      I would put Gawanke over Vesa, Vesa certainly has the higher ceiling (which i usually value more lol) but he's just so inconsistent, even towards the end of the year he'd have a few good shifts/periods/games, immediately followed by times when he was just invisible, I'd also put Gus over Chisholm, but that's just bc I'd prefer a defensively responsible 3C over a bottom pair PP QB who probably won't be particularly good 5v5 (and Perunovich was better than Samberg, tho i will agree he's underrated)

Agreed on Gawanke and Vesa they’re neck and neck. I also think Gus and Chisholm are close but I give Chisholm the slight edge as I think there is a thin chance that Chisholm could crack a top 4. After watching some of the clips again, yeah Perunovich is better.
                      14 août 2020 à 22 h 22
                      Rejoint: mars 2018
                      Mentions "j'aime": 2,384
                      Great read, thanks for that. I agree with your placement of Vesalainen and imo, he is a future middle six winger at least a imo he will be a top 6 forward so I agree with your placement of him over gawanke.

Gawanke has really impressed and I agree that he can be a #3/#4 no problem.

I would also rank gustavsson over chisholm just because gustavsson has some untapped potential and is more nhl ready. I see chisholm as a near top 4 d-man but gustavsson is that type of player that wins you games (albeit quietly)

Overall great read. I love these kinds of posts (even if it’s not the jets), so thank you!
                      bunzy1034 a aimé ceci.
                      15 août 2020 à 0 h 5
                      Démarrer sujet
                      Cold spaghetti
                      Quoting: arafay
                      Great read, thanks for that. I agree with your placement of Vesalainen and imo, he is a future middle six winger at least a imo he will be a top 6 forward so I agree with your placement of him over gawanke.

Gawanke has really impressed and I agree that he can be a #3/#4 no problem.

I would also rank gustavsson over chisholm just because gustavsson has some untapped potential and is more nhl ready. I see chisholm as a near top 4 d-man but gustavsson is that type of player that wins you games (albeit quietly)

Overall great read. I love these kinds of posts (even if it’s not the jets), so thank you!

No problem man!
                      arafay a aimé ceci.
                      15 août 2020 à 0 h 27
                      MisstheWhalers
                      Rejoint: janv. 2019
                      Mentions "j'aime": 12,371
                      Should really stop comparing Stanley to Myers as the only thing similar about them is their height, Myers is a strong, smooth skater who can quarterback a powerplay, Stanley can do neither of those things.
                      15 août 2020 à 1 h 0
                      Démarrer sujet
                      Cold spaghetti
                      Quoting: MisstheWhalers
                      Should really stop comparing Stanley to Myers as the only thing similar about them is their height, Myers is a strong, smooth skater who can quarterback a powerplay, Stanley can do neither of those things.

He is the only one I could think of, the only reason I have him at 10 is because I can’t watch the other guys 😂

Répondre
                      To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
                      Question:
                      Options:
                      Ajouter une option
                      Soumettre le sondage