How Can You Justify Jankowski in the Line Up

Créé par: SmugTkachuk
Équipe: 2019-20 Flames de Calgary
Date de création initiale: 14 août 2020
Publié: 14 août 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Transactions
CGY
    I would accept anything from a six inch sub to a vile of sand from Georgian Bay
    Rachats de contrats
    Enfoui
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de SJS
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2381 500 000 $66 547 482 $0 $747 500 $14 952 518 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Flames de Calgary
    6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 3
    6 375 000 $6 375 000 $
    C, AG, AD
    UFA - 4
    4 850 000 $4 850 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 5
    5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
    AG, AD
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    778 333 $778 333 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
    AG, AD, C
    RFA - 2
    7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 3
    5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
    C
    NTC
    UFA - 5
    715 000 $715 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    700 000 $700 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 2
    700 000 $700 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    3 375 000 $3 375 000 $
    DG
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    4 650 400 $4 650 400 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    1 237 500 $1 237 500 $
    DG
    UFA - 5
    755 833 $755 833 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
    DD
    UFA - 1
    1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    1 893 750 $1 893 750 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
    DG
    RFA - 2
    3 857 143 $3 857 143 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    700 000 $700 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    730 833 $730 833 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 29
    Rejoint: nov. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 686
    Because rinaldo is worse than jankowski and jankowski is amazing defensively and a pk god
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 31
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Rejoint: févr. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 733
    Modifié 14 août 2020 à 1 h 57
    Quoting: flamesfan
    Because rinaldo is worse than jankowski and jankowski is amazing defensively and a pk god

Playing insanely out of position on the PK which allowed him to score 7 goals one year doesn’t make him a PK god. Watch him on the PK before Reider scores, he chases and plays insanely high the entire time. Lindholmlooks lost because he has no idea where Jankowski is going next. If he was amazing defensively then you’d talk about him like a Matt Stajan riding into the sunset, instead he’s the laziest player on the ice. Rinaldo is awful and I would prefer to see Czarnik in, but for the first time in the playoffs, tonight Calgary got bullied.
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 36
    Chicago
    Rejoint: juin 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,912
    I'm pretty convinced he's off to Europe after this season. I don't see a single team in the league interested in him.
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 38
    CFGM Game Moderator
    Rejoint: mai 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,518
    A six inch sub is asking a lot. Maybe some bagel bites.
    He's gotta go, and he can take Johnny with him.
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 39
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Quoting: NickC1988
    I'm pretty convinced he's off to Europe after this season. I don't see a single team in the league interested in him.

Guy would have a tough time making the Belfast Giants. I genuinely think there are beer league teams in Canada that would laugh at this guy.
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 40
    Rejoint: août 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 8,969
    Quoting: SmugTkachuk
    Playing insanely out of position on the PK which allowed him to score 7 goals one year doesn’t make him a PK god. Watch him on the PK before Reider scores, he chases and plays insanely high the entire time. Lind holy looks lost because he has no idea where Jankowski is going next. If he was amazing defensively then you’d talk about him like a Matt Stalin riding into the sunset, instead he’s the laziest player on the ice. Rinaldo is awful and I would prefer to see Czarnik in, but for the first time tonight Calgary got bullied.

The third line was the only line even trying. Janko played bad and I saw Mangiapane exactly one time all night. I don't think I saw Gaudreau or Monahan do anything close to a powerful stride all game. Every time Johnny got the puck on the half wall he did a slow fake to the left and shot it right into the body of the defenseman. Monahan never does anything but stand still in the slot. The most notable things he did were lose his helmet and run off the ice just before Forbort's goal and get put in a headlock by Dickinson. For the first 15 minutes of the third every time a flame had the puck there was at least one teammate inside 5 feet, and more often than not they collided and turned the puck over, that's timbits hockey. After they tied it they did weak flips to clear and then stood still and watched the stars score. Talbot let a couple weak ones in (both Heiskanen goals, the second especially he should have had), not his best game, Rittich should start tomorrow. And Giordano was just terrible all around today honestly. They got dominated plain and simple, and I'm sick of watching their high skill guys not show up, like where's the competitiveness, Rieder and Lucic should not be in your top 4 best forwards. This team has the pieces to at least win a round or two but they can't put it all together and it's infuriating.
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 40
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Quoting: flamesfan419
    A six inch sub is asking a lot. Maybe some bagel bites.
    He's gotta go, and he can take Johnny with him.

I mean come on, I didn’t ask for a chicken bacon ranch, I’d accept a cold cut or a meatball, even in whole grain. I see your point though.
    flamesfan419 a aimé ceci.
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 41
    Playing insanely out of position on the PK which allowed him to score 7 goals one year doesn’t make him a PK god. Watch him on the PK before Reider scores, he chases and plays insanely high the entire time. Lind holy looks lost because he has no idea where Jankowski is going next. If he was amazing defensively then you’d talk about him like a Matt Stalin riding into the sunset, instead he’s the laziest player on the ice. Rinaldo is awful and I would prefer to see Czarnik in, but for the first time tonight Calgary got bullied.

The flames have one of the best pks in the playoffs and in the regular season it was 8th so whatever he does works just because you don’t understand it doesn’t mean it’s bad. Also he had a good game tonight I think the main proablem tonight was lack of discipline, loss of tkachuk for most of the game, bad puck luck and the defensmen. Jankowski is a good player. Also the way jankowski plays on the pk is called aggressive penalty kill where you chase the puck and it works for him it caused a goal this game for the flames.
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 42
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Quoting: Alfie11
    The third line was the only line even trying. Janko played bad and I saw Mangiapane exactly one time all night. I don't think I saw Gaudreau or Monahan do anything close to a powerful stride all game. Every time Johnny got the puck on the half wall he did a slow fake to the left and shot it right into the body of the defenseman. Monahan never does anything but stand still in the slot. The most notable things he did were lose his helmet and run off the ice just before Forbort's goal and get put in a headlock by Dickinson. For the first 15 minutes of the third every time a flame had the puck there was at least one teammate inside 5 feet, and more often than not they collided and turned the puck over, that's timbits hockey. After they tied it they did weak flips to clear and then stood still and watched the stars score. Talbot let a couple weak ones in (both Heiskanen goals, the second especially he should have had), not his best game, Rittich should start tomorrow. And Giordano was just terrible all around today honestly. They got dominated plain and simple, and I'm sick of watching their high skill guys not show up, like where's the competitiveness, Rieder and Lucic should not be in your top 4 best forwards. This team has the pieces to at least win a round or two but they can't put it all together and it's infuriating.

Nothing you said discredits that Jankowski is lost at the NHL level.
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 47
    Nothing you said discredits that Jankowski is lost at the NHL level.

Oh I agree, he's been consistently bad all year and I would be surprised if they qualified him. He shouldn't play next game, or probably the rest of the series honestly (unless Chucky's hurt). I'm just pointing out that nobody else on the team played even close to average today either. I would do some real shake ups in the lineup for next game. Put Rinaldo in and tell him to hit everything that moves and maybe even fight someone early. Keep Dube-Bennett-Lucic together because that's all that's working, but play with some of the other lines. Maybe switch Backlund with Lindholm, and Rieder with Mangiapane or something idk. I just really hope Chucky's okay for tomorrow, we need him in the lineup bad. I wonder if the league is gonna do anything about the spear.
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 47
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    The flames have one of the best pks in the playoffs and in the regular season it was 8th so whatever he does works just because you don’t understand it doesn’t mean it’s bad. Also he had a good game tonight I think the main proablem tonight was lack of discipline, loss of tkachuk for most of the game, bad puck luck and the defensmen. Jankowski is a good player. Also the way jankowski plays on the pk is called aggressive penalty kill where you chase the puck and it works for him it caused a goal this game for the flames.

The Flames PK is not bad, I never said that. I understand it, it’s a strong side push box. I played the same thing for years at a high level. What Jankowski does is play out of position and follow the puck as opposed to rotating.
    The Flames are eight because you can roll out Rieder, Ryan, Lindholm, my dog and still have a strong PK. I guarantee that if Jankowski was in the AHL the PK is too 5. First goal, that’s Forborts check but he’s covering puck side pressure, that’s Jankowski’s guy if he takes two steps.
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 50
    Rejoint: mars 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,692
    I watched this game and it's so disappointing. Flames let a game slip away that they could have had.

Wasted effort ☹️
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 51
    Rejoint: mai 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 620
    Having Bennett as your 2C is pretty grim. Why not put Lindholm 1C Monahan 2C
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 52
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Oh I agree, he's been consistently bad all year and I would be surprised if they qualified him. He shouldn't play next game, or probably the rest of the series honestly (unless Chucky's hurt). I'm just pointing out that nobody else on the team played even close to average today either. I would do some real shake ups in the lineup for next game. Put Rinaldo in and tell him to hit everything that moves and maybe even fight someone early. Keep Dube-Bennett-Lucic together because that's all that's working, but play with some of the other lines. Maybe switch Backlund with Lindholm, and Rieder with Mangiapane or something idk. I just really hope Chucky's okay for tomorrow, we need him in the lineup bad. I wonder if the league is gonna do anything about the spear.

League won’t do anything. I think it was as intentional as Tkachuk on Sheif, out of control, aggressive, no one is trying to hurt each other. I think that you stick to what won the last series and game one, the Flames played poorly and had no business winning a game they lost by one with a disallowed goal. They’re not going 16-0 to the cup, everyone sees the series going 6 or 7 and even in a game where they shouldn’t have won they were 40 seconds from overtime. I am pumped they get back at it tomorrow as opposed to what should be a two day travel break pre Covid. It will be a good one
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 54
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Quoting: oneX
    I watched this game and it's so disappointing. Flames let a game slip away that they could have had.

Wasted effort ☹️

Calgary played bad, lost a game by one with 40 seconds left and had a weird goal disallowed! 7 games series, should be fun. I’d like to say wasted effort but the Flames may have only put an effort in for 20 minutes.
    14 août 2020 à 1 h 55
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Quoting: AH96
    Having Bennett as your 2C is pretty grim. Why not put Lindholm 1C Monahan 2C

Don’t take those seriously. Just based on who is rolling right now! I hate to say it but Monaghan and Johnny need Lindholm, would love to increase the centre depth as you suggested, just don’t see it in the playoffs. Maybe at the start of next season.
    14 août 2020 à 2 h 1
    League won’t do anything. I think it was as intentional as Tkachuk on Sheif, out of control, aggressive, no one is trying to hurt each other. I think that you stick to what won the last series and game one, the Flames played poorly and had no business winning a game they lost by one with a disallowed goal. They’re not going 16-0 to the cup, everyone sees the series going 6 or 7 and even in a game where they shouldn’t have won they were 40 seconds from overtime. I am pumped they get back at it tomorrow as opposed to what should be a two day travel break pre Covid. It will be a good one

Yeah that's probably the right take on the spear, and it is the right take on the game. They definitely deserved to lose today, it just hurts to see them play so far below their potential. The comeback was almost cruel lol, they didn't deserve to come that close but if they'd put the Lucic line out for the last shift instead of the Monahan line I really believe it woulda gone to OT and then anything can happen. Looking forward to tomorrow's game and the rest of an exciting series!
    14 août 2020 à 2 h 7
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Yeah that's probably the right take on the spear, and it is the right take on the game. They definitely deserved to lose today, it just hurts to see them play so far below their potential. The comeback was almost cruel lol, they didn't deserve to come that close but if they'd put the Lucic line out for the last shift instead of the Monahan line I really believe it woulda gone to OT and then anything can happen. Looking forward to tomorrow's game and the rest of an exciting series!

I agree with everything you’re saying! Enjoy your night!
    14 août 2020 à 2 h 9
    The Flames PK is not bad, I never said that. I understand it, it’s a strong side push box. I played the same thing for years at a high level. What Jankowski does is play out of position and follow the puck as opposed to rotating.
    The Flames are eight because you can roll out Rieder, Ryan, Lindholm, my dog and still have a strong PK. I guarantee that if Jankowski was in the AHL the PK is too 5. First goal, that’s Forborts check but he’s covering puck side pressure, that’s Jankowski’s guy if he takes two steps.

I disagree if jankowski was this bad someone in the flames organization would realizes this cause it’s their jobs and do something about it and take him of the pk and leafs wouldn’t want him if he was as bad as you say he is.
    14 août 2020 à 2 h 17
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    I disagree if jankowski was this bad someone in the flames organization would realizes this cause it’s their jobs and do something about it and take him of the pk and leafs wouldn’t want him if he was as bad as you say he is.

Yeah the guys who are paying the human traffic come 1.6 million are going to bite the bullet and say, our bad, major misread. Who in the leafs organization wants Jankowski? And if you sag the fans this conversation is completely over because it’s based in CapFriendly where fans think insane things. If you like Jankowski this much you better take up a European team next year.
    14 août 2020 à 2 h 49

https://flamesnation.ca/2019/10/30/the-flames-have-a-decision-to-make-with-mark-jankowski/
    https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerreport.php?fromseason=20192020&thruseason=20192020&playerid=8476873&sit=5v5&stype=2

Check out these pages for a little more info and confirmation of the following. To summarize, even a page that usually promotes all the flames was like Janko's playing pretty bad this year and is expendable. He was scratched frequently, including 3 of the first 14 games, and 3 out of 4 in early February. His goal and point totals dropped dramatically (G/GP over the last 3 years: 0.24 0.18 0.09. P/GP over the last 3 years: 0.35 0.41 0.13. Those are significant drops). His corsi for %, fenwick for %, shots for %, goals for % (this was especially atrocious), and scoring chances for % at even strength were all below 50% (aka worse than even). They've usually been above 50%, but like the site says, that still put him bottom 3 among Calgary's forwards each of the last two years. Where does significantly worse possession numbers than when he was bottom 3 on the team leave him? He was significantly worse this year no matter what stat you look at and the eye test isn't great either. They recognized this to some extent which is why he was scratched so often and had easily the lowest playing time tonight. One good year where he got a few lucky PK goals shouldn't earn him playing time when he's bad. Lindholm, Ryan, Backlund, and Rieder can all kill penalties. He's a fringe 4th liner who happens to be okay at killing penalties right now, but he's gone backwards instead of forwards in development and at even strength he is at best a waste of a roster spot and at worst a liability. I'd rather have Rinaldo's physical presence in the lineup next game so we don't get bullied again and Lucic doesn't have to do everything (especially when he's actually playing well). 7 minutes of a guy running around laying the hurt on the other team's defensemen is more useful than 7 minutes of a mediocre player giving up more chances than he gets without even trying to punish the other team for it. He doesn't even have a SHP this year, despite averaging over 2mins of SHTOI/GP for 56 games.
    14 août 2020 à 3 h 25
    Hakuna Matata
    Rejoint: févr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 21,441
    Toronto will take him. Maybe on a new team he bounces back to being a 30 point 3c
    14 août 2020 à 9 h 28
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Quoting: aadoyle
    Toronto will take him. Maybe on a new team he bounces back to being a 30 point 3c

Think Cody Ceci that you’re not forced to pay as much but expect less from him.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage