Forums/Armchair-GM

This Should be the Target

Créé par: Terry_AkiSauce
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 11 août 2020
Publié: 11 août 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I think Myers is a great guy that doesn't have heaps of value at the moment but will likely progress into a really good defenseman. Leafs need to take more risks on players like this where the value is good now but it may look like a steal in a few years.

Philly fans - whats the trade look like with Myers and Kap being the main pieces. If you dont think its there and Nylander is the main piece, who else are you going to add?
Transactions
TOR
  1. Myers, Philippe [Droits de RFA]
PHI
  1. Kapanen, Kasperi
Détails additionnels:
What else are the Leafs adding?
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1681 500 000 $73 724 783 $0 $0 $7 775 217 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
11 août 2020 à 2 h 3
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Replacement D like Dermott and maybe a pick.
11 août 2020 à 2 h 13
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,008
Not sure I agree Myers is the target.

I love the potential, don't get me wrong, but this is still going to be a young Leafs blueline. Muzzin is the only true vet in the group. We can argue if you want to include Reilly.

Point is, as much as Myers could make sense long term, the Leafs window is now - and that means dealing for someone with way more experience.

Now who that maybe, and if there is a fit is another question..... but suddenly moving AJ to move room for maybe a Tanev starts to make sense. Or Gudas. Or Hamonic.

But in a deal? I 100% would be calling Bowman about Murphy. Maybe a new GM in Florida can be fleeced for Weeger. Maybe Hjarmalsson or Demers can be a one year stop gap.

Myers isn't the option imo. Just too young for this group.
11 août 2020 à 2 h 17
2018 Canucks
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 747
RHD David Savard would be a good fit imo.

The cost or if CBJ entertains a trade idk but kick tires.
11 août 2020 à 2 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Terry_AkiSauce
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,045
Quoting: swinny
Not sure I agree Myers is the target.

I love the potential, don't get me wrong, but this is still going to be a young Leafs blueline. Muzzin is the only true vet in the group. We can argue if you want to include Reilly.

Point is, as much as Myers could make sense long term, the Leafs window is now - and that means dealing for someone with way more experience.

Now who that maybe, and if there is a fit is another question..... but suddenly moving AJ to move room for maybe a Tanev starts to make sense. Or Gudas. Or Hamonic.

But in a deal? I 100% would be calling Bowman about Murphy. Maybe a new GM in Florida can be fleeced for Weeger. Maybe Hjarmalsson or Demers can be a one year stop gap.

Myers isn't the option imo. Just too young for this group.

Disagree completely, last I checked our core 3 players have only been in the league for 4 years. Leafs are a young team and should stay young. I wouldn't hate seeing both Johnsson and Kap gone if that means we could get a guy like Demelo in FA and allow Myers to play with Muzzin (which in my mind would be an ideal pairing)
11 août 2020 à 2 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Terry_AkiSauce
Quoting: Nighthawk
RHD David Savard would be a good fit imo.

The cost or if CBJ entertains a trade idk but kick tires.

think thatd be a tdl deal if anything
11 août 2020 à 3 h 41
Mentions "j'aime": 2,008
Quoting: Terry_AkiSauce
Disagree completely, last I checked our core 3 players have only been in the league for 4 years. Leafs are a young team and should stay young. I wouldn't hate seeing both Johnsson and Kap gone if that means we could get a guy like Demelo in FA and allow Myers to play with Muzzin (which in my mind would be an ideal pairing)

Now if an additional aquisition was made, Myers makes sense. However, your post left me with the impression he was "the answer".

For the record, I believe only one of AJ or Kappy needs to he moved, but that is a moot point.
11 août 2020 à 6 h 54
Mentions "j'aime": 328
A 2nd pairing RHD who has size, puck skills, and great skating ability doesn’t have value? That’s just bad scouting. I know he was undrafted, but Myers is all but untouchable given his ability and organizational depth.

PS we have no need for another winger.
flyersarephilly a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 7 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Terry_AkiSauce
Quoting: ALitteral
A 2nd pairing RHD who has size, puck skills, and great skating ability doesn’t have value? That’s just bad scouting. I know he was undrafted, but Myers is all but untouchable given his ability and organizational depth.

Where did I say he has no value and according to other Flyers fans you lack depth at RW and the Leafs are probably the deepest team in the NHL at RW so there's probably a deal to be made
11 août 2020 à 7 h 56
Where did I say he has no value and according to other Flyers fans you lack depth at RW and the Leafs are probably the deepest team in the NHL at RW so there's probably a deal to be made

From the team explanation "I think Myers is a great guy that doesn't have heaps of value at the moment " and I disagree with that.

Further, we could possibly use an inexpensive 3RW - IF the Flyers ship out another winger. Right now our top 9 wingers are G, Lindblom, JVR, Voracek, Konecny, and Farabee. That doesn't include Laughton, who has been very effective on the second line recently. So yeah, you may be deep at RW, but we aren't really hurting either. We need a RHD, a backup goalie and a 3C if Laughton stays on the wing. None of those holes will be filled by getting rid of Myers.
owentippett a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 8 h 5
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 113

Konecny and Voracek are good line 1 and 2 right wingers. I wouldn't give up our only young right handed defenseman for Kapanen to go on our third line. NAK and Pitlick already work well a line 3 and 4 right wingers. Myers is just not for sale anyways. Flyers plan to keep him long term, as he seems to be an established top-4 defenseman that can be a good fit for the team.
owentippett a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 8 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Terry_AkiSauce
Quoting: Couturier
Konecny and Voracek are good line 1 and 2 right wingers. I wouldn't give up our only young right handed defenseman for Kapanen to go on our third line. NAK and Pitlick already work well a line 3 and 4 right wingers. Myers is just not for sale anyways. Flyers plan to keep him long term, as he seems to be an established top-4 defenseman that can be a good fit for the team.

Was just speaking on what I've seen other Flyers fans say on this site
11 août 2020 à 8 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Terry_AkiSauce
From the team explanation "I think Myers is a great guy that doesn't have heaps of value at the moment " and I disagree with that.

Further, we could possibly use an inexpensive 3RW - IF the Flyers ship out another winger. Right now our top 9 wingers are G, Lindblom, JVR, Voracek, Konecny, and Farabee. That doesn't include Laughton, who has been very effective on the second line recently. So yeah, you may be deep at RW, but we aren't really hurting either. We need a RHD, a backup goalie and a 3C if Laughton stays on the wing. None of those holes will be filled by getting rid of Myers.

Do you know what the word heaps means? Its means a lot in case you dont, players like Coots, Provorov, Giroux on the Flyers for example.
11 août 2020 à 8 h 36
Do you know what the word heaps means? Its means a lot in case you dont, players like Coots, Provorov, Giroux on the Flyers for example.

If we are arguing semantics, that is fine. I will concede and modify my first claim.
UPDATED:
A 2nd pairing RHD who has size, puck skills, and great skating ability doesn’t have heaps of value? That’s just bad scouting. I know he was undrafted, but Myers is all but untouchable given his ability and organizational depth.

I think we both understand that the point of my objection is that the trade doesn't work for the Flyers. We value Myers significantly. If Coots, Provorov, Giroux, and Hart are the untouchables, then Sanheim and Myers are in the next tier - you can have them, but your fan-base is going to rebel at the cost.
11 août 2020 à 8 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Terry_AkiSauce
If we are arguing semantics, that is fine. I will concede and modify my first claim.
UPDATED:

I think we both understand that the point of my objection is that the trade doesn't work for the Flyers. We value Myers significantly. If Coots, Provorov, Giroux, and Hart are the untouchables, then Sanheim and Myers are in the next tier - you can have them, but your fan-base is going to rebel at the cost.

Which is why I literally included in the description that Nylander could also be moved for Myers but Flyers would have to add something and asked who or what that would be
11 août 2020 à 8 h 52
Which is why I literally included in the description that Nylander could also be moved for Myers but Flyers would have to add something and asked who or what that would be

To my point, Myers for Nylander... I'd add a B-prospect (akin to Rubstov or Ratcliffe) or a pick (2nd round maybe). And both Leafs fans and Flyers fans would hate that trade. It is just not a fit. We have one (1) RHD under team control after next season. His name is Phil Myers. We aren't interested in moving him.

It is comparable to you trading Reilly to us for one of our wingers. It makes no sense because you need that player at that position (losing him leaves a huge hole to fill in the lineup) and your organization is top heavy at forward.
11 août 2020 à 8 h 55

I also want to take a moment to appreciate your username. I appreciate a good chuckle in the mornings.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage