Équipe: 2019-20 Équipe personnalisée
Date de création initiale: 25 juill. 2020
Publié: 25 juill. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Revisiting Sakics 200 IQ Duchene trade.

COL received:
D - Sam Girard
1st rd pk (drafted #4 OA - D Bowen Byram)
F - Shane Bowers
F - Vladislav Kamenev
3rd rd pk (drafted #63 - F Matthew Stienburg)
2nd rd pk (drafted #58 - F Filip Hallander)
G Andrew Hammond

NSH receives:
F - Kyle Turris

OTT receives:
F - Matt Duchene

Funny thing is that COL flipped that 2nd rd pick (which was used to draft Filip Hallander) for a later 3rd rd pick and drafted highly touted G prospect Justus Annunen as well as a 5th rd pk (D Danila Zhuravlyov)
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
181 500 000 $14 000 000 $0 $0 $67 500 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Predators de Nashville
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 5
Logo de Predators de Nashville
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 7
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
728 333 $728 333 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance100 000 $$100K)
C
RFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
C
RFA - 1
Annunen, Justus
750 000 $750 000 $
Stienburg, Matthew
750 000 $750 000 $
Zhuravlyov, Danila
750 000 $750 000 $
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
700 000 $700 000 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
25 juill. 2020 à 1 h 41
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
Annunen was a third round pick. And pens are very happy with Hallender as he pencils into be our future #3C. Avs definitely fleeced Ottawa and Nashville though
McRanteskog a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2020 à 1 h 49
Démarrer sujet
RETIRED
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,481
Good catch, edited
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2020 à 2 h 12
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
this is poorly done and half a story

The Columbus Blue Jackets have acquired All-Star center Matt Duchene and defenseman Julius Bergman from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for conditional first round picks in the 2019 and 2020 NHL Drafts, right wing Vitaly Abramov and right wing Jonathan Davidsson

Lassi Thomson was the pick
25 juill. 2020 à 2 h 13
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 12,114
Everyone points to this trade to **** on the Sens, even though this trade was massively worse for Nashville. They gave up the best piece in the trade imo, and Turris immediately fell off a cliff. The deal was a huge mistake, but Ottawa ended up getting value for Duchene in the end (Abramov and Thomson are both good prospects).

It's insanely messed up that Ottawa's blueline could have Chabot, Girard, Byram and Brannstrom though.
McRanteskog a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2020 à 3 h 4
Quoting: pharrow

The Columbus Blue Jackets have acquired All-Star center Matt Duchene and defenseman Julius Bergman from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for conditional first round picks in the 2019 and 2020 NHL Drafts, right wing Vitaly Abramov and right wing Jonathan Davidsson

the conditional first in 2020 didnt meet the conditions of Duchene resigning. And Columbus won their first ever playoff series by sweeping the heavy weight TBL in a first round upset like we haven't seen in many years. They are okay with it.

so basically Sens got:

Lassi Thomas, Vitaly Abramov and Jonathan Davidsson

FOR

Bowen Byram
Julius Bergman
Shane Bowers
Andrew Hammond
Kyle Turris

still an L
McRanteskog a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2020 à 3 h 7
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Everyone points to this trade to **** on the Sens, even though this trade was massively worse for Nashville. They gave up the best piece in the trade imo, and Turris immediately fell off a cliff. The deal was a huge mistake, but Ottawa ended up getting value for Duchene in the end (Abramov and Thomson are both good prospects).

It's insanely messed up that Ottawa's blueline could have Chabot, Girard, Byram and Brannstrom though.

the best piece is still gonna be Byram but you're right, Nashville did lose this trade pretty badly. Im shocked turris didnt work out for them. I thought he would be a great 2C, (50-60 point guy), behind RyJo

Kyle Turris (negative value)

for
Sam Girard
Vladislav Kamenev
3rd rd pk (drafted #63 - F Matthew Stienburg)
2nd rd pk (drafted #58 - F Filip Hallander)

though who knows who Nashville would've drafted with those picks.

you are right though, Even though Ottawa got fleeced, Nashville did worse. That duchene trade set up the Avs for years
McRanteskog a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2020 à 11 h 1
Démarrer sujet
RETIRED

LMAO wtf are you talking about.
It was a 3 way trade between COL NSH and OTT. What on earth are you going on about with the entire history of Duchene and 2 years down the road after the trade was made lol
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2020 à 11 h 22
Démarrer sujet
RETIRED

You also spun that really poorly. Duchene didn’t resign, OTT received only one 1st rd pk.

OTT also gave up a 2nd round prospect (Bergman) too.

Trade was more like:
19th OA pick + 3rd rd F prospect + 6th rd F prospect
For
Duchene + 2nd rd F prospect

Let’s say the 2nd and 3rd rd prospects cancel each other out. It’s still the 19th OA pick and a 6th rd prospect received from Columbus when you gave up the 4th OA pick, a 1st rd prospect (Bowers), 3rd rd prospect & rental G to acquire Duchene in the first place.
25 juill. 2020 à 11 h 54
Quoting: McRanteskog
You also spun that really poorly. Duchene didn’t resign, OTT received only one 1st rd pk.

Trade was more like:
For

Let’s say the 2nd and 3rd rd prospects cancel each other out. It’s still the 19th OA pick and a 6th rd prospect received from Columbus when you gave up the 4th OA pick, a 1st rd prospect (Bowers), 3rd rd prospect & rental G to acquire Duchene in the first place.

I'm sorry, but do you not know anything about the prospects involved here? Breaking it down to what round players were taken isn't even close to a fair assessment of the trade. The "2nd round prospect" Ottawa traded, is a nothing player who was literally included to keep contract numbers the same. Abramov was a top 3 prospect in CBJ's system, and has one of the highest skill ceilings in Ottawa's system.

I'm not going to argue that the Sens won the trade by any stretch, but I think evaluating prospects by where they were drafted is completely lazy and not an honest assessment of where a prospect is.
25 juill. 2020 à 12 h 2
Démarrer sujet
RETIRED
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
I'm sorry, but do you not know anything about the prospects involved here? Breaking it down to what round players were taken isn't even close to a fair assessment of the trade. The "2nd round prospect" Ottawa traded, is a nothing player who was literally included to keep contract numbers the same. Abramov was a top 3 prospect in CBJ's system, and has one of the highest skill ceilings in Ottawa's system.

I'm not going to argue that the Sens won the trade by any stretch, but I think evaluating prospects by where they were drafted is completely lazy and not an honest assessment of where a prospect is.

You realize saying he was a “top 3 prospect in CLB system” is a lazy assessment in itself? What if CLB prospect system is on average weaker than most of the league? Than it doesnt seem to matter he’s in their top 3 than.

The reasoning I used the terms “2nd rd prospect” is due to the fact NONE OF THESE GUYS HAVE NHL EXPERIENCE, regardless of what they project to be (even with little to no NHL experience) the only way to assess them is by noting they are prospects and the round which they were selected.

For an OTT who seems to think they won that trade, you seem awful triggered and defensive. Deep breaths buddy
25 juill. 2020 à 13 h 2
You realize saying he was a “top 3 prospect in CLB system” is a lazy assessment in itself? What if CLB prospect system is on average weaker than most of the league? Than it doesnt seem to matter he’s in their top 3 than.

The reasoning I used the terms “2nd rd prospect” is due to the fact NONE OF THESE GUYS HAVE NHL EXPERIENCE, regardless of what they project to be (even with little to no NHL experience) the only way to assess them is by noting they are prospects and the round which they were selected.

For an OTT who seems to think they won that trade, you seem awful triggered and defensive. Deep breaths buddy

Reading must not be your strong suit, huh? I literally said I don't think they won. They got hosed, but my point was that suggesting that a 24 year old Dman who couldn't handle bottom pairing AHL minutes is in any way comparable to a 22 year old currently playing 1st/2nd line on one of the top AHL teams in the league, is not at all accurate.

Also whether or not CBJ's system was one of the weaker ones or not (it definitely was), isn't really important because Abramov is currently one of the better prospects in one of the best systems in the league.
25 juill. 2020 à 15 h 41
Banni

Trade was more like:
For

I didn't spin anything poorly. I cut and pasted the trade from the internet.
25 juill. 2020 à 15 h 43
Banni
LMAO wtf are you talking about.
It was a 3 way trade between COL NSH and OTT. What on earth are you going on about with the entire history of Duchene and 2 years down the road after the trade was made lol

because you made it out as if OTT got nothing out of MD. But that isn't true.
You just said...no longer with the team. But they got assets for him.
25 juill. 2020 à 15 h 47
Démarrer sujet
RETIRED
because you made it out as if OTT got nothing out of MD. But that isn't true.
You just said...no longer with the team. But they got assets for him.

I’ll admit, that it does come across that way, but it wasn’t my intention. I will edit it as to not come across attempting to “trigger” or “bait” others in the forum.
25 juill. 2020 à 15 h 47
Banni
Quoting: mhockey91
the conditional first in 2020 didnt meet the conditions of Duchene resigning. And Columbus won their first ever playoff series by sweeping the heavy weight TBL in a first round upset like we haven't seen in many years. They are okay with it.

so basically Sens got:

Lassi Thomas, Vitaly Abramov and Jonathan Davidsson

FOR

Bowen Byram
Julius Bergman
Shane Bowers
Andrew Hammond
Kyle Turris

still an L

non of that is really the point.
1st, I cut and pasted the trade off the internet.
2nd, it's not about if they won or lost the trade.
It's about the facts and the truth behind it.

Just saying MD no longer plays for the team...and making out as if OTT got nothing else out of the deal is some flat out fake news.

OTT got something out of MD that they still have on the team.

This trade tree ends with CBJ, who is the team that got nothing out of MD when he didn't resign.
OTT still obtained assets.
And that is that.
25 juill. 2020 à 16 h 8
non of that is really the point.
1st, I cut and pasted the trade off the internet.
2nd, it's not about if they won or lost the trade.
It's about the facts and the truth behind it.

Just saying MD no longer plays for the team...and making out as if OTT got nothing else out of the deal is some flat out fake news.

OTT got something out of MD that they still have on the team.

This trade tree ends with CBJ, who is the team that got nothing out of MD when he didn't resign.
OTT still obtained assets.
And that is that.

yes they got something out of Duchene, but at the end of the day they still lost the trade because of the facts I presented. Sure it could've been worse if they lost duchene for nothing, but it still wasn't a good trade for them and you'd be clueless to say otherwise
McRanteskog a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2020 à 16 h 18
Banni
yes they got something out of Duchene, but at the end of the day they still lost the trade because of the facts I presented. Sure it could've been worse if they lost duchene for nothing, but it still wasn't a good trade for them and you'd be clueless to say otherwise

why do you keep droning on with this "clueless to say otherwise" nonsense.

I never once took a position if they did or did not lose the trade.

You are arguing a straw man.

The point I made is that this isn't right, the full story wasn't told here.

MD didn't just leave OTT and they got nothing. That isn't what happened.
25 juill. 2020 à 16 h 24
why do you keep droning on with this "clueless to say otherwise" nonsense.

I never once took a position if they did or did not lose the trade.

You are arguing a straw man.

The point I made is that this isn't right, the full story wasn't told here.

MD didn't just leave OTT and they got nothing. That isn't what happened.

the poster was an Avs fan, I think he was just trying to illustrate how much of a Slam dunk that trade was for his team. He wasn't considering the other parts of the trade tree. So while yes the trade tree was incomplete, that wasn't the point of this post.
25 juill. 2020 à 16 h 29
Banni
the poster was an Avs fan, I think he was just trying to illustrate how much of a Slam dunk that trade was for his team. He wasn't considering the other parts of the trade tree. So while yes the trade tree was incomplete, that wasn't the point of this post.

it does matter though.
Imagine if OTT takes MD and then flips him for some incredible offer.
It would have been cut out here.

Truth is we don't know what OTT really got for MD in their trade yet. He's hasn't played yet.

All of that is still a return on the trade for OTT.
and has value from it.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage