Forums/Armchair-GM

What Toronto Shouldve Done

Créé par: AnalyticsGeek
Équipe: 2020-21 Équipe personnalisée
Date de création initiale: 24 mars 2020
Publié: 24 mars 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
So, the Leafs front office as made a lot of mistakes that’s costed this team to be in shambles. It all went wrong from that Zaitsev signing. He had an unimpressive rookie season. Looked great on the offensive side of the game, poor defensively. Should’ve given him 1 year maximum & if he doesn’t improve, let him walk.

The Marleau signing - should’ve given him 2 years at 9.375 million AAV. They had the cap to pay him & no reason to burn a first rounder the next season to dump him cuz you need to pay Marner.

Keep McElhinney

Revert Kadri trade.

Sign Matthews 12x8

Sign Marner 9x8

Trade Nick Robertson for Matt Roy of LAK

Trade Andreas Johnsson + 2020 1st Round Pick to CHI for Henri Jokiharju
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 000 000 $82 644 866 $0 $1 037 500 $355 134 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Brown, Connor
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
Matthews, Auston
12 000 000 $12 000 000 $
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Mikheyev, Ilya
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Marner, Mitch
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Spezza, Jason
900 000 $900 000 $
Moore, Trevor
850 000 $850 000 $
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Holl, Justin
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Muzzin, Jake
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance637 500 $$638K)
DD
RFA - 1
Dermott, Travis
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
925 000 $925 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 2

Unités spéciales

Avantage numérique 1
Matthews, A.
Marner, M.
Avantage numérique 2
Spezza, J.
Mikheyev, I.
Infériorité numérique 1
Marner, M.
Infériorité numérique 2
Brown, C.
Mikheyev, I.
Dermott, T.
Holl, J.

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
26 mars 2020 à 13 h 54
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,785
Quoting: MitchMarnerElite
I guess you are right about Marleau, but he did help Marner & Matthews’ Development with his leadership. I don’t necessarily think Babcock is a bad coach in terms of ability, it’s just his arrogance and ego costed him that 2019 Bruins series. They should’ve won easily. He is genuinely an evil person. Matt Roy is a really good defenseman & Jokiharju, let him develop on the bottom pair. Both are better options than what TOR currently have in Ceci & Barrie. I’d even argue it’s better than Hainsey last season.

Leafs don't have Ceci and Barrie....they are UFAs. I'll never understand the criticism of Hainsey, he allows Reilly to play recklessly and has his best season. Babcock for good reason was fearful of Reilly and Gardiner killing penalties. Zaitsev and Hainsey were worked like rental mules killing penalties, and then Zaitsev and Hainsey were criticized for not having better offensive stats.
26 mars 2020 à 16 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,636
Quoting: palhal
Leafs don't have Ceci and Barrie....they are UFAs. I'll never understand the criticism of Hainsey, he allows Reilly to play recklessly and has his best season. Babcock for good reason was fearful of Reilly and Gardiner killing penalties. Zaitsev and Hainsey were worked like rental mules killing penalties, and then Zaitsev and Hainsey were criticized for not having better offensive stats.

Well you are right Hainsey did a pretty good job being the stay at home for Rielly despite playing his off side.
28 mars 2020 à 14 h 22
V5 ANA and BOG
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 691
Quoting: MitchMarnerElite

Kinda late since I had internet issues but here goes:

Kadri in Toronto just wasn't going to work out. He was a 2nd line C who was playing 13 minutes a night after Tavares came here. He was a great trade chip and Dubas bungled it. They were right to trade him, but Barrie and Kerfoot weren't the right guys. I would have tried to convince him to go to Calgary (after he vetoed a trade there) and got Brodie or Hamonic along with Jankowski. Both would have fit better IMO. I agree with what you said about Marleau but I think the 3rd year was important to him, I think the extra job security is what convinced him to leave SJ and come here. I don't like the idea of trading Robertson, or scratching Liljegren and Sandin. Sandin is NHL ready, if they can give him a better partner than Barrie. Matt Roy might be good, but is he 1st pairing material? I would argue Walker is better than him if we're getting a RHD from the Kings. Neither are worth Robertson though.

Keeping McElhinney would have been the right call but hindsight is 20/20, Dubas wanted to go with a younger guy that the org groomed and who had a great year in the AHL the year before. It's a decision that any GM would have spent a long time thinking about and even though it didn't work out, I won't criticize him for it.

Quoting: palhal
So, the Leafs front office as made a lot of mistakes that’s costed this team to be in shambles. It all went wrong from that Zaitsev signing. He had an unimpressive rookie season. Looked great on the offensive side of the game, poor defensively. Should’ve given him 1 year maximum & if he doesn’t improve, let him walk.

The Marleau signing - should’ve given him 2 years at 9.375 million AAV. They had the cap to pay him & no reason to burn a first rounder the next season to dump him cuz you need to pay Marner.

Keep McElhinney

Revert Kadri trade.

Sign Matthews 12x8

Sign Marner 9x8

Trade Nick Robertson for Matt Roy of LAK

Trade Andreas Johnsson + 2020 1st Round Pick to CHI for Henri Jokiharju

I disagree with paying Marleau so much on a two year deal. I don't know the the Leafs even wanted him in the place. Better ways to spend 6.25m. Leadership....I don't get it.
Should never signed Babcock. His coaching cost the Leafs at least one playoff series lost to Boston...maybe two. Plus he put Leafs way behind in the standings before he was fired.
I don't know if the Kadri trade was so bad. But who would have guessed Barrie would have the Leafs worse Dman this season.
Unreasonable to expect Matthews or Marner to sign those contracts. Player had the option not to sign, What the Leaf should've done is let Nylander sit last year, and then they would have go Matthews and Marner on more reasonable (league comparable) contracts.
Matt. Roy and Jokiharju aren't THAT good.

Marleau was solid for the Leafs and the Leafs had a lot of cap those 2 years. Wouldn't have been a problem to pay him that money for 2 years, and just let a prospect (like Kap) take over after that. Matthews' contract was terrible (should have either been longer or cheaper) and Marner was able to use that as a comparable which turned into a major problem. If Dubas had played his cards right, he'd have Matthews at 7 years, 11.5 million AAV (similar to what Panarin ended up signing for) and Marner at 6 years for 9.25 (which is exactly what Mikko Rantanen signed over in Colorado). Nylander maybe 500k lower too but I think his is the best of the 3 for sure.

Babcock was good to help the rebuild and in Matthews+Marner's rookie year, he was robbed of the Jack Adams in my opinion. He did a great job that year. After that, I don't know what got into him but he wasn't the same, way to stubborn and inflexible. Should have let him go at the end of last year instead of letting him start this one.

In terms of this team, I don't like Brown at 3.5 (even though he's done well in Ottawa he wouldn't have been a 1st liner in Toronto, Hyman is guaranteed a spot on either Matthews or Tavares wing because he makes them both better). Defence is weak but it's going to be that way next year anyway barring a big move. Kadri should be gone for a Dman who they could re-sign for a similar cap (Hamonic and Brodie come to mind again).

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage